• 396,405 Topics
• 22,588 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tera's Take: Respect for Women Demanded at Arkansas  (Read 4045 times)

rhames

Re: Tera's Take: Respect for Women Demanded at Arkansas
« Reply #50 on: August 07, 2018, 01:47:23 pm »

Think the real (and borderline comical) story here is that you actually did that.

If you actually did it, that is.

OH MY GOSH LADIES LOOK AT THIS PICTURE THIS DUDE HAS OF THIS FULLY CLOTHED LADY

CAN YOU BELIEVE THE NERVE KAREN?

haha. My day was made by this.

toddfromdesarc

• Bench Warmer
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #51 on: August 07, 2018, 01:49:05 pm »

I work with 5 women on a daily basis ages 25-55.  They don't know you at all. You are probably a great dude. Could be a pastor, doctor, mechanic, engineer, lawyer, deacon in your church, or anything.  I showed them your profile picture and said give me your first response of this unknown person. 

I woulda thought their first question would be something along the lines of "why are you not working and on some sports message board?"

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Razorbackers

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Good Takes Found Here
« Reply #52 on: August 07, 2018, 01:49:53 pm »

Jesus you are stupid and clearly can't read.  My argument was exactly the opposite of what you are saying.  In fact, I stated as much in my post.  My comment about awareness and watching out for predators was completely viable.  It's a shame that young ladies have to be so vigilant, but the fact is, especially on college campuses, sexual assaults are far too common.  There's nothing wrong with teaching someone to watch for signs of trouble.  That's just being smart.

Ok.

Yeah going to have to agree here Benny.  Some of the #MeToo stuff has gone too far such as accusations being assumed to be true, but there is never a time where a victim of such behavior was asking for it.  It would be wise for our womenís athletics staffs to teach awareness, how to avoid predators, and protocols for reporting incidents or concerns. 

I guess maybe your sentence structure here is what throws me off. But the entire statements says the metoo movement has gone too far, and we're supposed to always believe the accusers even if it's just accusations, but we are also supposed to believe that there is never a time where a victim of such behavior as asking for it.

To me, the implication there is that sometimes, women are asking for it. Especially since those statements are in the same sentence.

If I misunderstood your intent, then I'm sorry.

Razorbackers

• Good Takes Found Here
« Reply #53 on: August 07, 2018, 01:51:15 pm »

I woulda thought their first question would be something along the lines of "why are you not working and on some sports message board?"

Don't bring that up or we'll all be in trouble lol

AugustaHog

« Reply #54 on: August 07, 2018, 01:56:38 pm »

Ok.

I guess maybe your sentence structure here is what throws me off. But the entire statements says the metoo movement has gone too far, and we're supposed to always believe the accusers even if it's just accusations, but we are also supposed to believe that there is never a time where a victim of such behavior as asking for it.

To me, the implication there is that sometimes, women are asking for it. Especially since those statements are in the same sentence.

If I misunderstood your intent, then I'm sorry.
My statement was in reference to the fact that I felt like the media frenzy involving the #MeToo thing had taken off and anyone being accused of wrongdoing has immediately been assumed to be guilty.  Are a ton of them guilty?  No doubt.  Are all of the famous people being accused of this guilty?  Probably not.  That's all I was meaning.  I think ultimately, we were in agreement about "women were never asking for it".  Sorry for snapping back.  WPS and GHG!

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Guessing is easier than actually trying!
« Reply #55 on: August 07, 2018, 03:30:11 pm »

And showing us a picture like that at work.........

Uberanubis

« Reply #56 on: August 07, 2018, 04:22:10 pm »

I agree 100%  I'd like to see if the women's sports coaches are teaching our girls how to respect themselves.  Possibly teaching them about modesty and how to behave like young ladies.

While I agree its always good to leanr to respect your self and conduct ones self as a lady and a gentleman I dont see how a person dresses plays a part.

People should dress the way they want if they are comfortable wearing it. Im sorry if you cant handle woman wearing skimpy cloths. Please boycott tv since all our fashion trends have been dictated by hollywood.

Razorbackers

• Good Takes Found Here
« Reply #57 on: August 07, 2018, 04:30:37 pm »

My statement was in reference to the fact that I felt like the media frenzy involving the #MeToo thing had taken off and anyone being accused of wrongdoing has immediately been assumed to be guilty.  Are a ton of them guilty?  No doubt.  Are all of the famous people being accused of this guilty?  Probably not.  That's all I was meaning.  I think ultimately, we were in agreement about "women were never asking for it".  Sorry for snapping back.  WPS and GHG!

Ah, I see. Now that I re-read it, I can see what you mean. My bad!

ThisTeetsTaken

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • He is not here, for He has risen, just as He said
« Reply #58 on: August 07, 2018, 07:39:28 pm »

While I agree its always good to leanr to respect your self and conduct ones self as a lady and a gentleman I dont see how a person dresses plays a part.

People should dress the way they want if they are comfortable wearing it. Im sorry if you cant handle woman wearing skimpy cloths. Please boycott tv since all our fashion trends have been dictated by hollywood.
All Iím saying is that when a women dresses like a (insert term that will be taken out of context), males who were not raised to respect women, will treat them like a (term that will be taken out of context). 

Also, if itís not for sale why advertise?  Whatís wrong with saving it for your husband? 

Lastly, Iím down to watching Razorback sports and Nat Geo.  Too much nudity on tv otherwise.  Sorry.

RyanMallettsEgo

• No, no, no, don't think of it as work.
« Reply #59 on: August 07, 2018, 07:48:09 pm »

All Iím saying is that when a women dresses like a (insert term that will be taken out of context), males who were not raised to respect women, will treat them like a (term that will be taken out of context). 

Also, if itís not for sale why advertise?  Whatís wrong with saving it for your husband? 

Lastly, Iím down to watching Razorback sports and Nat Geo.  Too much nudity on tv otherwise.  Sorry.

You've gotta be kidding. Just because something is for sale, does that mean you have to buy it?

If someone is wearing an Auburn Tigers shirt, do I just get to kick their ass since I hate the Auburn Tigers? After all, if I wasn't raised to respect differences of opinion (them loving Auburn vs. me hating Auburn), then I'd just HAVE to act on it, right?

If they don't want their ass kicked, why advertise it? Why not save it for wearing just at home?

Also, your post is chock-full of judgment. Ironic, no?

majestic

« Reply #60 on: August 07, 2018, 08:03:51 pm »

Raise your sons better then, losers. My daughter can wear gyms shorts in public just like my son can. Neither should be assaulted by idiots like you or your degenerate son. FFS, this isn't the ME. Or is it?

rhames

« Reply #61 on: August 07, 2018, 08:12:37 pm »

I think its possible you may be trying to come form a good place, but this is just simply outrageous.

Do you have statistics that show woman who dress a certain way are more likely to get sexually assaulted? Even If were remotely true, I highly doubt it is, it is placing blame on the woman.

Also, isn't there nudity on Nat Geo?

There is a great documentary you must see called "Game of Thrones "

Gonzo

« Reply #62 on: August 07, 2018, 08:16:36 pm »

Yay! Another thread to remind us folks seem to think they know other folks' minds and motivations better than they really do. So typical.

My HV day is complete.

Go Hogs!

Gonzo

« Reply #63 on: August 07, 2018, 08:21:31 pm »

All I’m saying is that when a women dresses like a (insert term that will be taken out of context), males who were not raised to respect women, will treat them like a (term that will be taken out of context). 

Also, if it’s not for sale why advertise?  What’s wrong with saving it for your husband? 

Lastly, I’m down to watching Razorback sports and Nat Geo.  Too much nudity on tv otherwise.  Sorry.

Well, you were one of the ones I thought may have been a bit misconstrued, but apparently I was mistaken.

Go Hogs!

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Guessing is easier than actually trying!
« Reply #64 on: August 07, 2018, 09:33:42 pm »

So let me guess. All the women in your family wear burqaís and no make-up whatsoever. They canít go out in public without a man in the family present to ďprotectĒ them lest some other man might be ďtemptedĒ. Iíve got the perfect team for you to root for.........the TAMU Aggies. No female cheerleaders.........oops sorry they have a Pom Pom squad! Iím thinking maybe you should give up all sports. Donít forget National Geographic can also be.........graphic.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 09:54:40 am by Inhogswetrust »

HogInOklahoma

« Reply #65 on: August 08, 2018, 04:28:16 am »

That's exactly what he said and anybody with a shred of common sense knows it.

DogAlum isn't very smart.

LZH

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Tight but Loose
« Reply #66 on: August 08, 2018, 04:52:08 am »

Man, honestly it is no sweat off my back at all.  You can defend it any way you like and you are free to do what you choose. I personally would never put that as my profile picture. 

I work with 5 women on a daily basis ages 25-55.  They don't know you at all. You are probably a great dude. Could be a pastor, doctor, mechanic, engineer, lawyer, deacon in your church, or anything.  I showed them your profile picture and said give me your first response of this unknown person. 

"I hope this is not a guy and that is her own picture."

"Probably a creepy old man"

"What a complete pervert, who puts that as their picture."

"Sick. This explains why the world is the way it is."

"I sure bet his wife, if he is even married, would really appreciate that."

These are responses from 5 random women who characterize you this way based on your profile picture alone.  The question I would be asking is Do others view it as disrespectful and how does that portray me? 

Based on the small sample size above I know what I would think. 

Oh my word, seriously?.....well, no, of course not.

Butch up.  No one here is advocating the mistreatment of women. But if a big-chested girl like that wants to have her picture taken and has no problem with guys looking at her boobs, then what do you care?  Not sure where you come from in Amish country, but down here in Florida you see more skin than not every day. Doesn't mean you are allowed to touch...but looking is not only OK, it is the whole idea. If it weren't, these pretty girls would cover up more.

Geez Louise....a 'survey'?

Kevin

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Trust in the Lord with all your heart
« Reply #67 on: August 08, 2018, 05:03:49 am »

snowflakes everywhere

hogsanity

• Gold Hogvillian
  • You like my stripes, I know you do.
« Reply #68 on: August 08, 2018, 08:51:50 am »

It is funny how some here went directly to " it's the woman's fault if she dresses a certain way or does certain things". That is part of the attitude that dis respects women. The of course we have the other extreme where any guy is a lecherous sleaze if he even looks at a woman for more then 2 seconds.

I think this is a great subject to be teaching the male athletes at the UofA, because, unfortunately, many come from homes where this is not taught ( just as with the student population as a whole ).

Billy Bats

« Reply #69 on: August 08, 2018, 10:45:03 am »

snowflakes everywhere

Especially the ones crying about our lost morals and lack of modesty.

a0ashle

• Hogvillian
« Reply #70 on: August 08, 2018, 11:08:14 am »

Especially the ones crying about our lost morals and lack of modesty.

You mean the ones who see a thread In the football forum, talking about teaching men on the football team boundaries and consent and canít help themselves but chime in with essentially ďbut...but...but...what are we teaching the womenz!Ē

Billy Bats

« Reply #71 on: August 08, 2018, 12:43:19 pm »

You mean the ones who see a thread In the football forum, talking about teaching men on the football team boundaries and consent and canít help themselves but chime in with essentially ďbut...but...but...what are we teaching the womenz!Ē

Nope.

Hugo Bezdek

• Senior
  • We Played Like A Wild Band of Razorbacks!
« Reply #72 on: August 08, 2018, 01:57:20 pm »

It is funny how some here went directly to " it's the woman's fault if she dresses a certain way or does certain things". That is part of the attitude that dis respects women. The of course we have the other extreme where any guy is a lecherous sleaze if he even looks at a woman for more then 2 seconds.

I think this is a great subject to be teaching the male athletes at the UofA, because, unfortunately, many come from homes where this is not taught ( just as with the student population as a whole ).

It doesn't just disrespect women. It absolves men of being responsible for our own actions. Blame the victim because we have no self control. Unfortunately that line of thinking has been ingrained into our culture for a long, long time and not just in "bad" homes.

HogInOklahoma

« Reply #73 on: August 12, 2018, 09:36:48 pm »

Raise your sons better then, losers. My daughter can wear gyms shorts in public just like my son can. Neither should be assaulted by idiots like you or your degenerate son. FFS, this isn't the ME. Or is it?

I agree brother.  Nope, this isn't the damn Middle East.  Women do not have to dress modestly, it is up to them; you know they have the right to vote too, don't you?  Any man who makes a negative comment about the way a woman dresses or says she dresses like a slut in my presence is going to get a visit from ThunderFist, otherwise known as my right uppercut.

farfromgroovins

• Varsity
« Reply #74 on: August 12, 2018, 11:12:14 pm »

I'm confused.  rhames' profile pic is not ok but it is ok to dress like that?
The same woman that taught me to respect women was the same woman that would say, "What is she wearing?  Put some clothes on child."

This thread has gone way off point.

Arkansas defensive lineman McTelvin Agim says, "He'll take us and tell us to close our eyes and picture the woman who means the most in your life. He'll say 'how would you want any person to treat them?' And that definitely clicks with me because I've got more than one woman. I was raised by a community of women so I definitely appreciate him and hold women to a higher standard."

Jamario Bell, a linebacker at Arkansas, says he believes there should be zero tolerance for domestic violence.

rhames

« Reply #75 on: August 13, 2018, 07:04:06 am »

I'm confused.  rhames' profile pic is not ok but it is ok to dress like that?
The same woman that taught me to respect women was the same woman that would say, "What is she wearing?  Put some clothes on child."

This thread has gone way off point.

Arkansas defensive lineman McTelvin Agim says, "He'll take us and tell us to close our eyes and picture the woman who means the most in your life. He'll say 'how would you want any person to treat them?' And that definitely clicks with me because I've got more than one woman. I was raised by a community of women so I definitely appreciate him and hold women to a higher standard."

Jamario Bell, a linebacker at Arkansas, says he believes there should be zero tolerance for domestic violence.

Oh good lord lol.

Part of respecting woman is to treat them just like they are, you know, people. As a man, one of the basic things to give understanding to this is not say things like "oh she shouldn't wear that" or oh "she needs to put clothes on"

If a woman wants to wear certain things, go for it. That should have no effect on how you treat them.

And if the picture of Kate Upton, a consenting adult who is a model for a living, really makes you feel uncomfortable or that she should "put some clothes on" you probably should just steer clear of the internet.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 07:19:14 am by rhames »

TechHawg

« Reply #76 on: August 13, 2018, 09:45:06 am »

It is so sad that in today's society someone is mocked for suggesting that women should respect their bodies and dress modestly. What a shame.

TechHawg

« Reply #77 on: August 13, 2018, 09:48:43 am »

It's about being smart. The simple fact is that evil exists. Always has and always will. And there are some men who are evil and act on their impulses. Dressing provocatively makes it more likely to be a victim. So why shouldn't that be encouraged? I'm sorry, but I think that women's safety should come before "I do what I want!"

rhames

« Reply #78 on: August 13, 2018, 09:50:53 am »

It's about being smart. The simple fact is that evil exists. Always has and always will. And there are some men who are evil and act on their impulses. Dressing provocatively makes it more likely to be a victim. So why shouldn't that be encouraged? I'm sorry, but I think that women's safety should come before "I do what I want!"

Got some facts to back that up?

And speaking of avatars....I find it ironic your's is a character that isn't allowed full access to the internet. Hahaha. I love me some Kevin.

RyanMallettsEgo

« Reply #79 on: August 13, 2018, 09:51:20 am »

So if you wear an Auburn Tigers shirt in Fayetteville, Arkansas, are you okay with it being more likely that you'll be a victim of violence?

After all, your safety should come before you doing/wearing what you want. Just to play it safe.

nonoffensiveposter

« Reply #80 on: August 13, 2018, 09:54:15 am »

I agree 100%  I'd like to see if the women's sports coaches are teaching our girls how to respect themselves.  Possibly teaching them about modesty and how to behave like young ladies.

Jesus, this post is next level stupid.

rhames

« Reply #81 on: August 13, 2018, 09:56:17 am »

Let's just think about this is the most simplistic term

You're asking someone to not do something because of the way it might make another act towards them. Guess we should close beaches, the internet, Victoria Secret, etc.

PonderinHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Go Hogs and Go Mike Anderson!
« Reply #82 on: August 13, 2018, 09:59:47 am »

Somewhat related.  Do you know why Baptists don't have sex while standing?

Because someone might think they're dancing.

TechHawg

« Reply #83 on: August 13, 2018, 10:05:35 am »

So if you wear an Auburn Tigers shirt in Fayetteville, Arkansas, are you okay with it being more likely that you'll be a victim of violence?

After all, your safety should come before you doing/wearing what you want. Just to play it safe.

A. Not a great comparison. There aren't many people in Fayetteville being assaulted for wearing shirts of rival sports teams.

B. Being ok with something making me more likely to be a victim of a crime is not the point. I wish we lived in a world where we felt safe to leave our doors unlocked at night. But I don't leave my doors unlocked. Even though I should be able to. Because I don't want to be robbed.

nwahogfan1

« Reply #84 on: August 13, 2018, 10:08:57 am »

Chad Morris is teaching his players much more than the playbook. He's giving them life lessons.

https://www.nwahomepage.com/sports/pig-trail-nation/tera-s-take-respect-for-women-demanded-at-arkansas/1349854010

I agree College coaches must be a Father figure and a great role model to his players.  But it would be so much better if we can do something in society to try and get back having a FATHER in the house again. I heard the other day that Chicago black teens only have a dad living in a little over 25% of the homes. 

Kids need both a father and a mom.  Both have attributes that God gave them that are good for a family and most importantly teens need. 

RyanMallettsEgo

« Reply #85 on: August 13, 2018, 10:18:20 am »

A. Not a great comparison. There aren't many people in Fayetteville being assaulted for wearing shirts of rival sports teams.

B. Being ok with something making me more likely to be a victim of a crime is not the point. I wish we lived in a world where we felt safe to leave our doors unlocked at night. But I don't leave my doors unlocked. Even though I should be able to. Because I don't want to be robbed.

A. Are there "many" people in Fayetteville being sexually assaulted simply because of what they're wearing?

B. If you don't wanna use my comparison, you can't use this one either. Mine was a comparison of principle based on your logic more than anything else. "If you wear X, you can expect Z." No.

rhames

« Reply #86 on: August 13, 2018, 10:19:31 am »

The irony of a bunch of dudes on a sports message board arguing about what women should and shouldn't wear is not lost on me 

And people who jump straight to woman shouldn't dress a certain way don't get the whole respect thing IMO.

Hugo Bezdek

• Senior
  • We Played Like A Wild Band of Razorbacks!
« Reply #87 on: August 13, 2018, 10:42:31 am »

The irony of a bunch of dudes on a sports message board arguing about what women should and shouldn't wear is not lost on me 

And people who jump straight to woman shouldn't dress a certain way don't get the whole respect thing IMO.

You're not going to convince anyone on a message board that they are responsible for their own actions. We've been subtly (and sometimes overtly) teaching that women are to blame for harassment and assault for a long time. The only reason what should be a non-controversial topic is being debated is that some people don't like what that means about themselves. It's better if they can just judge others for how they dress. I'm glad our coaches are addressing it head on.

nonoffensiveposter

« Reply #88 on: August 13, 2018, 10:47:21 am »

This post is next level stupid.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas