• 9,929,188 Posts
• 399,348 Topics
• 22,893 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: RB Production  (Read 2746 times)

ChitownHawg

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Be Hawgin it since 1960
Re: RB Production
« Reply #50 on: August 08, 2018, 04:22:39 am »

Shame. There are too many activities, and resources available to players for them to consistently get into trouble.

You would think players who arrive via juco would understand this is their last chance.

dsf

• Bench Warmer
  • Love those Hogs!
« Reply #51 on: August 08, 2018, 04:34:54 am »

Some of you keep forgetting that we run a POWER spread. The bell cow will be someone who is able to run through tackles.

All of you keep forgetting how thin our offensive line depth is...our running back strength could be useless without the guys up front having a decent year.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

010HogFan

• All-American Hogvillian
  • I Got Dat Wood Coach
« Reply #52 on: August 08, 2018, 08:51:01 am »

Were they playing an SEC defense? Also a lot is going to depend on our offensive line.

I think we need to cool it a bit until Boyd shows he can do it against SEC talent. I hope he does.

If we can get even half of what Boyd did in JUCO then we are in for a treat, some of those JUCO defenses are loaded with d1 caliber talent, so I wouldn't say it's a monumental change in the speed of the game or anything like that. If he can see a cutback lane in JUCO, he can see that same lane at this level, even if it closes just a split second faster...biggest thing we have to worry about is being able to create holes up front for any of these guys.

toddfromdesarc

« Reply #53 on: August 08, 2018, 09:38:50 am »

Some of you keep forgetting that we run a POWER spread. The bell cow will be someone who is able to run through tackles.

Pretty sure power in that context has to do with the blocking scheme and nothing to do with the style of back.

Been10Hog

• Senior
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #54 on: August 08, 2018, 09:45:55 am »

Whaley's straight ahead power style will work well with the main off tackle read play. He will bust some!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas