• 9,931,395 Posts
• 399,380 Topics
• 22,894 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Whoa Jalen Hurts  (Read 1175 times)

#hammerdown

navyhog24

Re: Whoa Jalen Hurts
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2018, 02:00:21 pm »

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Guessing is easier than actually trying!
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2018, 08:12:03 pm »

Wow. After that heíll be sitting so far down the bench he wonít be able to see the scoreboard much less the playing filed.

hoglady

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2018, 09:10:34 am »

Wow. After that he’ll be sitting so far down the bench he won’t be able to see the scoreboard much less the playing filed.

He should have transferred in the spring - would have been best for him and Bama.

sevenof400

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • In Memorium: HRV 1989 - 2016
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2018, 09:13:53 am »

He should have transferred in the spring - would have been best for him and Bama.

Hurts needs to either to work harder at becoming a college level QB (instead of a player occupying the QB position) or realize that what might be best for his future football career would be to move to another position on the field.  Either way, he needs to shut up, dig in, and get though the season.  Make the decision he wants but do so without yapping about it on social media.   

hoglady

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2018, 10:53:11 am »

Hurts needs to either to work harder at becoming a college level QB (instead of a player occupying the QB position) or realize that what might be best for his future football career would be to move to another position on the field.  Either way, he needs to shut up, dig in, and get though the season.  Make the decision he wants but do so without yapping about it on social media.   

I agree but if he can't cope with not being coddled by the coaching staff - then it would have been best for him to go somewhere else.

jbcarol

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2018, 02:28:40 pm »

https://mobile.twitter.com/JonSolomonAspen/status/1025792931221958656

Solomwi weighs in and links the al.com homer perspective

jbcarol

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2018, 07:52:21 am »

https://mobile.twitter.com/JonSolomonAspen/status/1025792931221958656

Solomwi weighs in and links the al.com homer perspective

So Hurts says at the end of the day heís representing himself and his family back home........he forgot heís also suppose to be representing the school, Athletic department, coaches and more importantly teammates. Thus if the coaches donít want players talking then thatís their prerogative. Always has been. Some coaches donít want players talking and things like this are a reason why. Just like coaches say weíll handle it in-house so should the players. He quietly should have gone to the coaches and talk to them about his perceived lack of communication by them. Thatís what a leader would have done. Set an example for other players and let them know if you have a problem then go handle it, not go taking outside about it.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 09:22:01 am by Inhogswetrust »

daprospecta

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2018, 09:49:02 am »

So Hurts says at the end of the day heís representing himself and his family back home........he forgot heís also suppose to be representing the school, Athletic department, coaches and more importantly teammates. Thus if the coaches donít want players talking then thatís their prerogative. Always has been. Some coaches donít want players talking and things like this are a reason why. Just like coaches say weíll handle it in-house so should the players. He quietly should have gone to the coaches and talk to them about his perceived lack of communication by them. Thatís what a leader would have done. Set an example for other players and let them know if you have a problem then go handle it, not go taking outside about it.
I highly doubt he hasn't already tried that. Some college football coaches will misdirect you or manipulate you simply for depth.  You think Saban cares enough about Hurts to tell him the truth and let him transfer? Nope.  He is going to string Hurts along for as long as he can so he can provide solid depth.  If I were Hurts, I'd stay but start practicing at the position I'd move to in the NFL.

holeinthewall

• Senior
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2018, 10:09:09 am »

Everyone knows Saban is a POS.  He could careless about anyone other than his own bank account.  The only reason kids sign there is that $$$$  they get from Bama.

pigture perfect

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2018, 11:22:22 am »

As much as I wish Alabama would get knocked down a peg or 2, I hate this kind of attitude from players. Players need that dawg in them where they will want to fight for their position, but whining is not part of the equation.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2018, 02:21:24 pm »

I highly doubt he hasn't already tried that. Some college football coaches will misdirect you or manipulate you simply for depth.  You think Saban cares enough about Hurts to tell him the truth and let him transfer? Nope.  He is going to string Hurts along for as long as he can so he can provide solid depth.  If I were Hurts, I'd stay but start practicing at the position I'd move to in the NFL.

I agree some coaches might do that. However you still go to them and keep your mouth shut publically. At least until you are not there anymore if you do leave or use up your eligibility. If you open your mouth and stay then you might cause more problems.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2018, 02:22:23 pm »

As much as I wish Alabama would get knocked down a peg or 2, I hate this kind of attitude from players. Players need that dawg in them where they will want to fight for their position, but whining is not part of the equation.

Exactly. Leaders donít mouth off about their situation.........they do something about it.

jbcarol

TrueBlue

• All-American Hogvillian
  • "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up."
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2018, 09:04:51 am »

Stephen A. Smith unloads on Jalen Hurts, calls his CFP play 'embarrassing,' 'impotent'

This same statement can be said EVERY DAY about Stephen A. Smith:
"It was one of the most awful, deplorable, embarrassing, impotent performances I've ever seen..."

Another POS that is getting paid big bucks.

Atlhogfan1

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2018, 09:09:04 am »

Jalen showed nothing but class in the second half of the NCG supporting Tua.  All he is commenting on is the lack of communication from the coaching staff on the situation. 

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2018, 02:20:29 pm »

Jalen showed nothing but class in the second half of the NCG supporting Tua.  All he is commenting on is the lack of communication from the coaching staff on the situation. 

As I said. Leaders donít talk about their situation they do something about it.

Atlhogfan1

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2018, 02:39:55 pm »

As I said. Leaders donít talk about their situation they do something about it.

He has and is.  Told Saban in June he planned to stay and graduate.  Saban lied to the media at media days telling them he didn't know if Hurts would be on the roster to open the season.   

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2018, 03:21:08 pm »

He has and is.  Told Saban in June he planned to stay and graduate.  Saban lied to the media at media days telling them he didn't know if Hurts would be on the roster to open the season.   

Were you there and heard him talk to Saban in June? I doubt it. Maybe it happened and maybe not. Even if all thatís true itís not necessarily a lie by Saban. Just because He mast have told him heíd be back doesnít mean Saban knew for sure. That being said Saban shouldnít have said it that way If they had spoken in June.

jbcarol

« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2018, 08:15:50 pm »

liljo

« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2018, 10:06:37 pm »

I got to admit, this is pretty interesting drama.

I don't remember an Alabama player ever speaking out like this--not in the Nick Satan Era at least.

jbcarol

Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas