• 396,435 Topics
• 22,588 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone playing Del Mar or Saratoga on a regular basis?  (Read 464 times)

mckinneyhog5

Anyone playing Del Mar or Saratoga on a regular basis?
« on: August 03, 2018, 10:20:28 pm »

Just started playing both early last week and it appears O'neill and Miller are tearing up Del Mar. The rain at Toga supposed to keep going tonight and maybe early tomorrow so should have a muddy/sloppy track again tomorrow.

jdelo77

Re: Anyone playing Del Mar or Saratoga on a regular basis?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2018, 05:14:45 pm »

Heriberto Figueroa ...he and espinzonas nephew are killing it ...

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

mckinneyhog5

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2018, 06:58:00 pm »

Heriberto Figueroa ...he and espinzonas nephew are killing it ...
I see where espinoza just got 10 days for that spill he caused yesterday. Sent two jockeys to the hospital and one horse was euthanized.

jdelo77

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2018, 08:12:00 pm »

Unfortunately I had the 9 horse he Caused to go down , Horse got put down and Nakatani is still in the hospital ...

heavylifting

• Senior
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2018, 11:08:46 am »

So far at Saratoga, very few winners at double-digit odds, which is unheard of.

Not necessarily favorites winning, but a lot of midrange prices, 4-1, 5-1, 6-1.

Of course, as so often happens, that could change today.

A couple ideas to keep in back of mind --

Derek Ryan is lethal when shipping up from Monmouth -- last year had a winner opening day at 18-1 and nearly did same on Saturday of opening weekend this year with a longshot that got nosed at the wire

Horses shipping in from southern California last year rode herd. You could just bet them blind. Baffert, of course, and I think O'Neill and Peter Miller also won some races. I'd give anything coming from there a second look.

jdelo77

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2018, 04:44:26 pm »

Clement in maiden turf races ( especially 7 furlongs ) the sixth yesterday won and He paid 15.60 to win and the exacta in a 7 horse field paid $86 for a buck ...

ghostzapper

• All-American Hogvillian
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2018, 07:18:06 am »

I have done better at DMR than SAR this year.  If I could change anything about SAR it would be the rain frequency.   But I love both tracks for their betting opportunities.  I virtually ignore any other tracks that may be running now. 

SAR misplaced the gate in yesterdayís 5th.  Ran a mile and 1/8th race that should have been 1 and 1/16th.

heavylifting

• Senior
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2018, 02:33:20 pm »

SAR misplaced the gate in yesterdayís 5th.  Ran a mile and 1/8th race that should have been 1 and 1/16th.
Pales in comparison to the Allumeuse DQ back in 1986. If you were following racing back then, you know exactly what I'm talking about. And if you weren't (maybe because you weren't born yet), just Google "Allumeuse Saratoga" and see for yourselves.

holeinthewall

• Senior
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2018, 10:09:10 am »

I have done better at DMR than SAR this year.  If I could change anything about SAR it would be the rain frequency.   But I love both tracks for their betting opportunities.  I virtually ignore any other tracks that may be running now. 

I think that is a mistake.  I will always scroll through all the tracks to see if I see a horse I like. Like the one that I had at Ellis a couple weeks ago.  Only bet I made at Ellis all meet.  Don't have to play all the tracks but good betting opportunities sometimes.

ghostzapper

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2018, 06:28:39 am »

I think that is a mistake.  I will always scroll through all the tracks to see if I see a horse I like. Like the one that I had at Ellis a couple weeks ago.  Only bet I made at Ellis all meet.  Don't have to play all the tracks but good betting opportunities sometimes.

No doubt I am missing betting opportunities.  I just tend to enjoy looking closely at SAR and DMR fields to the point that I donít leave time to handicap the other tracks. 

holeinthewall

• Senior
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2018, 08:33:39 am »

I have been using all my extra money to pay off a couple things.  I am setting aside some money to play this weekend.

userpick

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2018, 10:12:15 am »

I've never been so uninterested in Saratoga in my life. The rain, the small fields...90% of my action has been at Del Mar. On a side note,  I just got back from Del Mar and it was incredible.

jdelo77

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2018, 07:37:37 pm »

Itís been a horrible summer for me , the last few weeks Iíve been betting a few Bucks WPS , just like I use to when I was younger ! Iím not winning much but , Iím not losing as much either

heavylifting

• Senior
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2018, 11:23:50 pm »

I've never been so uninterested in Saratoga in my life. The rain, the small fields...90% of my action has been at Del Mar. On a side note,  I just got back from Del Mar and it was incredible.
You could have been speaking for me. It's not just Saratoga. This easily applies to Monmouth Park, too. Hopefully, all the horses that have been scratched for weather-related reason reappear in the fall and make for a good product.

userpick

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2018, 02:04:24 pm »

Gigantic pick 5 carryover at Del Mar today

mckinneyhog5

« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2018, 06:02:34 pm »

Had the late pick 4 at SAR but in the first leg had a 16-1 horse DQ'd and placed third. Hit the last three with pretty good payouts. would have paid 8-10 G's. UGGGG!

ghostzapper

« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2018, 12:42:16 pm »

Congrats on the hit.  I know it is frustrating to win at those odds and be taken down (I never thought I would say this but Alvarado is riding well) but I think that take down was justified. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas