• 9,932,805 Posts
• 399,405 Topics
• 22,897 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday

Poll

Who do you think will start the MOST games at QB this year?

Kelley
Storey
Noland

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: QB Battle  (Read 17357 times)

hogsanity

• Gold Hogvillian
  • You like my stripes, I know you do.
Re: QB Battle
« Reply #150 on: August 03, 2018, 01:58:02 pm »

That’s irrelevant. I’m not saying he WILL play and I think that’s what you’re trying to argue. I’m stating as a general principle, in complete agreement with your point that more QBs are recruited and given scholarships than will actually play, that kids are not recruited and given scholarships with the understanding of the coach(es) KNOWING that kid will never play a snap.

Only reason I asked is that maybe sometimes when coaches change, the new guy sees guys on the roster that he will not play, but he did not give them the scholarship, and he's not enough of a !@% to not renew their scholarship either.

BUt, no, we agree, coaches are not going to give scholarships to a kid they never intend to play ( except in some rare cases where a kids gets ill, or injured in a car wreck or something ).

texas tush hog

« Reply #151 on: August 03, 2018, 02:04:07 pm »

I believe JSJ will be the man when its said and done. He is a winner and will continue to be.

I have watched John Stephen in person 10 times over the past two years. He is an unbelievable talent. His dad and grandpa are understandably high on him but not having a dog in this fight I think am totally unbiased and I believe before the year is out there will be many on this board jumping on the bandwagon. Randy Allen is a Texas coaching legend and he says that John Stephen will not only surprise some people but leave them shocked and stunned much the same as Baker Mayfield did. Watch and learn. This kid is nothing but a winner. Chad Morris has watched him too and I believe he is not committing to those on campus until John   Stephen has a chance to show his stuff.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Farmer Hogget

« Reply #152 on: August 03, 2018, 02:06:25 pm »

I don't know which games any of you were watching last year but, Cole Kelley was not as inaccurate as some of you are saying.  And DH?  Really.  His performance in the spring game was against 2nd and 3rd stringers.  What the heck people?  No one on campus or coming to campus this season has the arm strength of CK.  He will be the starter and he will start all season long.  If any of the other QB's are starting, Arkansas will have a very long, very bad season.

twistitup

« Reply #153 on: August 03, 2018, 02:16:31 pm »

JSJ....put him on the poll Woopig92...look at him a little closer, he's a football player

texas tush hog

« Reply #154 on: August 03, 2018, 02:19:17 pm »

JSJ....put him on the poll Woopig92...look at him a little closer, he's a football player

YES HE IS.

Otis Kirk

• Global Moderator
  • Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #155 on: August 03, 2018, 02:23:34 pm »

I have a feeling who starts the season as the starter may not be the starter by the middle of the season. No inside on that, just my opinion on that. Hopefully I am wrong and someone steps up and takes the position and leaves the rest behind he is so clearly out in front, but I am not so sure that will happen. Anyone's thoughts along these lines?

twistitup

« Reply #156 on: August 03, 2018, 02:26:57 pm »

I have a feeling who starts the season as the starter may not be the starter by the middle of the season. No inside on that, just my opinion on that. Hopefully I am wrong and someone steps up and takes the position and leaves the rest behind he is so clearly out in front, but I am not so sure that will happen. Anyone's thoughts along these lines?

I agree. CCM has plenty of qb's but he doesn't know who can / will play the best in his offense. I don't believe we will begin and end the season with the same qb. Maybe he rotates them early to see who's got the 'hot hand'

hogsanity

• Gold Hogvillian
  • You like my stripes, I know you do.
« Reply #157 on: August 03, 2018, 02:51:11 pm »

The let him go out and WIN the job in practice.

twistitup

« Reply #158 on: August 03, 2018, 03:47:10 pm »

The let him go out and WIN the job in practice.

Practice?

Let see who shows up on Saturday. The qb's can rotate a little bit early in the season. Technically...the young guys have 4 games to prove what they have.

Dtechman

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #159 on: August 03, 2018, 06:23:46 pm »

I agree. CCM has plenty of qb's but he doesn't know who can / will play the best in his offense. I don't believe we will begin and end the season with the same qb. Maybe he rotates them early to see who's got the 'hot hand'

This I tend to agree with twist.

LZH

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Tight but Loose
« Reply #160 on: August 03, 2018, 06:27:33 pm »

My guess is JSJ and Noland will redshirt. There are already 4 QB's on the team and I don't believe any of them can be redshirted. I just don't see Morris having 6 active QBs all year.

Who is the fourth?

EastTNHog

• Varsity
« Reply #161 on: August 03, 2018, 06:52:12 pm »

To allow a WR to receive a pass 70 yards down the field will demand our OL to block for 5+ seconds.  Good luck on that.   I am more interested in seeing who can throw an accurate and on time 5-25 yard pass.
"Easy Rod.....easy Rod...."

nwahogfan1

« Reply #162 on: August 03, 2018, 07:35:28 pm »

I have watched John Stephen in person 10 times over the past two years. He is an unbelievable talent. His dad and grandpa are understandably high on him but not having a dog in this fight I think am totally unbiased and I believe before the year is out there will be many on this board jumping on the bandwagon. Randy Allen is a Texas coaching legend and he says that John Stephen will not only surprise some people but leave them shocked and stunned much the same as Baker Mayfield did. Watch and learn. This kid is nothing but a winner. Chad Morris has watched him too and I believe he is not committing to those on campus until John   Stephen has a chance to show his stuff.

Heard he had a very good day today.   I bet he is very confident coming from those blood lines so maybe there is a chance of him moving up a few notches in fall camp.

GuvHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Proud Hog Supporter!!!
« Reply #163 on: August 03, 2018, 07:45:44 pm »

Who is the fourth?

His name escapes me but he was playing Professional baseball and decided instead to try playing QB in college. The organization he played baseball for is paying his college tuition.

twistitup

« Reply #164 on: August 03, 2018, 08:04:39 pm »

Heard he had a very good day today.   

Can you elaborate?

1highhog

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat.
« Reply #165 on: August 03, 2018, 09:06:03 pm »

I don't know which games any of you were watching last year but, Cole Kelley was not as inaccurate as some of you are saying.  And DH?  Really.  His performance in the spring game was against 2nd and 3rd stringers.  What the heck people?  No one on campus or coming to campus this season has the arm strength of CK.  He will be the starter and he will start all season long.  If any of the other QB's are starting, Arkansas will have a very long, very bad season.

That might be the case, if it is and CK has indeed risen to the challenge and made big strides and become A better QB overall, that means in his short passing game, his decision making most importantly, along with checking down as well, then I'll be happy for him.  But I truly hope we have at least two QB's seriously push him throughout the season so he's steadily looking over his shoulder, competition is a great thing to have.

RaisinHog

• Hogvillian
« Reply #166 on: August 03, 2018, 09:08:05 pm »

His name escapes me but he was playing Professional baseball and decided instead to try playing QB in college. The organization he played baseball for is paying his college tuition.

He is now at North Texas I believe

Dionysos25

« Reply #167 on: August 03, 2018, 09:37:37 pm »

I TELL YOU WHAT.. that Noland kid looks the part. But I think experience matters in the SEC and CCM will bend the offense to fit the steamboat.

AirWarren

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Uncommonly, Unfinished Business.
« Reply #168 on: August 03, 2018, 09:38:55 pm »

On my bleacher report, I saw a video of ty storey’s practice offensive drive. We looked good. For first day.

hogifino

• Varsity
  • I can see you and I know who you are.
« Reply #169 on: August 04, 2018, 08:47:03 am »

This is a point guard offense. Who can read and react. Accuracy is primary.

whosiskid

• Try to become the person your dog thinks you are
B
« Reply #170 on: August 04, 2018, 09:13:06 am »

I have never thought that Cole Kelly was likely to be a quality NCAA QB. He has size and arm strength but is unlikely to ever show much more than size and arm strength.

Ty Story is one of those guys who isn't as flashy as some would like, but if even given the opportunity to start, will keep the job until he graduates.

I think Connor Noland has a great future, but that that isn't 2018. I basically think Story will end up starting at some point this year and that once he does he'll keep the job until he graduates. His strengths are suited to running this offense.

I know people love the idea of the new kid - whoever the new kid that year is - starting, but new kids never, ever start, except under the most unusual circumstances. Go back the last 25 years, the only time new kids started was when there was no returning QBs. It was always going to be either Ty or Cole, regardless of lip service to giving freshmen a shot. The only way that Connor would ever have a shot would be if Ty and Cole both go down to injuries.

whosiskid

• Try to become the person your dog thinks you are
« Reply #171 on: August 04, 2018, 09:21:25 am »

That might be the case, if it is and CK has indeed risen to the challenge and made big strides and become A better QB overall, that means in his short passing game, his decision making most importantly, along with checking down as well, then I'll be happy for him.  But I truly hope we have at least two QB's seriously push him throughout the season so he's steadily looking over his shoulder, competition is a great thing to have.

If you need another QB to push you to be good, you should never have been QB to start with. That is like saying that he will simply settle for mediocrity, if we only have mediocrity behind him. No one has to push the good ones to be any good. If Cole needs Ty or Connor in order to be any good, he shouldn't be playing football. In no sport that I ever played did the guy behind me play any role whatsoever. I was only ever competing against myself, whether I succeeded or failed. I honestly believe I always reached my potential. I think competition is a good thing, not because it makes kids better, but because it creates depth. I've never been a Cole fan. I think he will throw the ball further down the field, but I think Ty will run a better offense. But I hope to God none of our QBs need the others to make them play decently. If you need that, you were never any good to begin with.

GuvHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Proud Hog Supporter!!!
« Reply #172 on: August 04, 2018, 09:24:52 am »

I have never thought that Cole Kelly was likely to be a quality NCAA QB. He has size and arm strength but is unlikely to ever show much more than size and arm strength.

Ty Story is one of those guys who isn't as flashy as some would like, but if even given the opportunity to start, will keep the job until he graduates.

I think Connor Noland has a great future, but that that isn't 2018. I basically think Story will end up starting at some point this year and that once he does he'll keep the job until he graduates. His strengths are suited to running this offense.

I know people love the idea of the new kid - whoever the new kid that year is - starting, but new kids never, ever start, except under the most unusual circumstances. Go back the last 25 years, the only time new kids started was when there was no returning QBs. It was always going to be either Ty or Cole, regardless of lip service to giving freshmen a shot. The only way that Connor would ever have a shot would be if Ty and Cole both go down to injuries.

Ty is more mobile that Cole Kelley but arm strength is an issue for him. In the spring game earlier this year, it was quite obvious that Cole Kelley was the best passer. His passes had zip on them and got to the receivers quicker.

rhames

« Reply #173 on: August 04, 2018, 09:36:58 am »

Based on what?

HogPharmer

« Reply #174 on: August 04, 2018, 09:54:51 am »

Practice?

Let see who shows up on Saturday. The qb's can rotate a little bit early in the season. Technically...the young guys have 4 games to prove what they have.

RyanMallettsEgo

• Take it easy, I'm pre-law.
Re: B
« Reply #175 on: August 04, 2018, 11:47:20 am »

Based on?

From the action, albeit small, we've seen from Storey in actual game settings, I really hope we have another option.

RaisinHog

• Hogvillian
« Reply #176 on: August 04, 2018, 12:18:43 pm »

Too me when you watch storey throw the ball and Kelley throw the ball.. there is no comparison ... Storey has no like on his ball .. Cole's gets there in a hurry.. if storey wins this job we will have zero deep ball threat and that's a big part of this offense .

#hammerdown

« Reply #177 on: August 04, 2018, 12:23:58 pm »

Too me when you watch storey throw the ball and Kelley throw the ball.. there is no comparison ... Storey has no like on his ball .. Cole's gets there in a hurry.. if storey wins this job we will have zero deep ball threat and that's a big part of this offense .

I disagree with the deep ball statement.  Storey can throw the deep ball fine. It has a lot of loft.  The difference is seen in the shorter routes and especially the sideline out routes.  Those are the routes that need more zip. Otherwise you are watching a lot of pick six plays.

I do agree, from watching the brief clips from practice, it appears Kelley is head and shoulders above Storey. (Pardon the pun)

Swestwill66

• Senior
« Reply #178 on: August 04, 2018, 12:30:25 pm »

What if one is a better passer but is slow on reading the defense ? The other reads the defense better and makes the correct calls but can't hit the receiver ?
  That should open the door for one of the younger guys.
With that said, I think CK will start.

twistitup

« Reply #179 on: August 04, 2018, 12:30:37 pm »

Otherwise you are watching a lot of pick six plays.

No thanks

870hogfan

• Go Hogs!
« Reply #180 on: August 04, 2018, 01:06:30 pm »

Cole Kelley will get the nod.

Hogbit

« Reply #181 on: August 04, 2018, 02:44:47 pm »

With his size and speed, CK should be at tight end or linebacker. JSJ will be the guy when the dust settles. IMHO
« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 03:12:06 pm by Hogbit »

lakecityhog

« Reply #182 on: August 04, 2018, 03:01:10 pm »

Why don't we just ask "Who is YOUR favorite QB"? Because that is what most of this is about.

People make stupid comments about the guy they don't like in an attempt to justify their guy, and it doesn't matter.
Cole isn't so dumb that he will never be able to run the offense nor is is footwork so bad that he can't walk and chew gum at the same time.

Ty can throw the ball plenty far enough to complete passes, so no, we won't be one-dimensional with him as QB. He was a pretty darned good pitcher in HS so I'm pretty sure he can throw a football well enough. And, he isn't immobile, he played some linebacker in high school which requires a decent amount of quickness.

Hyatt did play QB in high school, so it's not like he is learning a new position.
(Completed 66 percent of his passes (121 of 184) and threw for 2,240 yards with 25 touchdowns to five interceptions for Etowah as a senior … Finished with a 135.9 quarterback rating)
He may not be a polished SEC QB rght now but he ain't chopped liver either!

Jones and Noland have both played in similar systems in high school and it is after all still football. Both are smart and have played the game long enough to be able to pick up what Morris is teaching. SEC experience comes to kids that actually PLAY in SEC games, NO ONE is born with it!!!

All that said, my guy is Storey. Why? I really don't know I just like him. I want him to succeed, but I want to win worse so if it is Kelley, Hyatt or a freshman that leads the team to wins I will cheer for them jsut as I would fo Storey!

twistitup

« Reply #183 on: August 04, 2018, 03:01:18 pm »

With his size and speed, CK should be at tight end or linebaker. JSJ will be the guy when the dust settles. IMHO

we agree. JSJ has been running this offense since 7th grade, in the end - that may be the x factor....his ability to execute  CCM's offense plan. It's all about execution.

MuskogeeHogFan

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Nadine Coyle shakin it for the Hogs!!!!
« Reply #184 on: August 04, 2018, 03:36:26 pm »

Here's an example. Maybe not the total list, but a good start in identifying the player who wins a starting job as the QB. Figure out who possesses these traits and you will probably be able to better identify our eventual starter.

Intangibles: Leadership by setting the example (on and off the field) and refuses to lose. He needs to be a great communicator with his team mates and staff, one of the hardest workers on the team and the smartest guy on the field. Excellent football IQ.

Arm Strength: Not necessarily the strongest arm on the team but strong enough to make every throw required of his offense with accuracy, timing and great judgement in terms of knowing where to throw and how to throw each pass required by his offensive scheme.

Size: Again, not necessarily the tallest of all QB’s but big enough and tough enough to take punishment and still get up and execute the next play. Has to be big enough to be able to take a hit and bounce back without the memory of that “hit” getting into his head.

Experience: Having someone at QB who has had a lot of reps and who has had some level of success really helps QB’s go out and execute with confidence. General experience alone is not enough if that experience left him with scars.

Mobility and Foot speed: Though not mandatory, it certainly doesn’t hurt to have a QB with some speed and shiftiness that allows him to extend plays that might otherwise end in a lost yardage play.

Which QB on our team best demonstrates these traits/skills?

Soooie21

• Hogville.net
« Reply #185 on: August 04, 2018, 03:55:24 pm »

I agree, he is taylor made for this offense..

GuvHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Proud Hog Supporter!!!
« Reply #186 on: August 04, 2018, 04:10:56 pm »

Why don't we just ask "Who is YOUR favorite QB"? Because that is what most of this is about.

People make stupid comments about the guy they don't like in an attempt to justify their guy, and it doesn't matter.
Cole isn't so dumb that he will never be able to run the offense nor is is footwork so bad that he can't walk and chew gum at the same time.

Ty can throw the ball plenty far enough to complete passes, so no, we won't be one-dimensional with him as QB. He was a pretty darned good pitcher in HS so I'm pretty sure he can throw a football well enough. And, he isn't immobile, he played some linebacker in high school which requires a decent amount of quickness.

Hyatt did play QB in high school, so it's not like he is learning a new position.
(Completed 66 percent of his passes (121 of 184) and threw for 2,240 yards with 25 touchdowns to five interceptions for Etowah as a senior … Finished with a 135.9 quarterback rating)
He may not be a polished SEC QB rght now but he ain't chopped liver either!

Jones and Noland have both played in similar systems in high school and it is after all still football. Both are smart and have played the game long enough to be able to pick up what Morris is teaching. SEC experience comes to kids that actually PLAY in SEC games, NO ONE is born with it!!!

All that said, my guy is Storey. Why? I really don't know I just like him. I want him to succeed, but I want to win worse so if it is Kelley, Hyatt or a freshman that leads the team to wins I will cheer for them jsut as I would fo Storey!

Just to be clear, I didn't say the Hogs would be one dimensional with Storey at QB. Where you got that, I do not know.

All I said is Kelley has the strongest arm and has the most zip on his passes which is true.

I agree with your last sentence. I will be pulling for the QB and cheering just as hard for the Hogs no matter who the starting QB is.

BentonvilleJeff

« Reply #187 on: August 04, 2018, 04:29:04 pm »

I think by the end of the year one of the freshman will start and Cole Kelly will have a package installed inside the red zone.

Kevin

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Trust in the Lord with all your heart
« Reply #188 on: August 04, 2018, 04:30:52 pm »

Watching the videos is not the best way to evaluate, but it does seem storey’s ball does flutter and lack velocity

hooks85

• Band Nerd
« Reply #189 on: August 04, 2018, 04:40:20 pm »

I just watched JSJ highlights for the first time because some comments in this thread got me curious. WOW! I dont know why I've been overlooking him but he definitely looks the part!

I've been unimpressed with all I've seen from Storey up until this point and can't figure out why many of you are high on him.

Hyatt looked the best to me in his limited time in the Spring game.

Cole as others have said has the size, arm strength, and experience so it wouldn't surprise me if he takes the starting job.

GoHogs1091

• Hogville.net Rocks!
« Reply #190 on: August 04, 2018, 04:41:00 pm »

I think by the end of the year one of the freshman will start and Cole Kelly will have a package installed inside the red zone.

You could be very well correct.

Morris' offense is tailored for John Stephen Jones and Connor Noland.  They both have been QB'ing in an offense that is very similar to Morris'.

Cole Kelley could be used down towards the goaline like Florida utilized Tim Tebow and Oklahoma utilized Blake Bell ("belldozer").

twistitup

« Reply #191 on: August 04, 2018, 04:48:15 pm »

Here's an example. Maybe not the total list, but a good start in identifying the player who wins a starting job as the QB. Figure out who possesses these traits and you will probably be able to better identify our eventual starter.

Intangibles: Leadership by setting the example (on and off the field) and refuses to lose. He needs to be a great communicator with his team mates and staff, one of the hardest workers on the team and the smartest guy on the field. Excellent football IQ.

Arm Strength: Not necessarily the strongest arm on the team but strong enough to make every throw required of his offense with accuracy, timing and great judgement in terms of knowing where to throw and how to throw each pass required by his offensive scheme.

Size: Again, not necessarily the tallest of all QB’s but big enough and tough enough to take punishment and still get up and execute the next play. Has to be big enough to be able to take a hit and bounce back without the memory of that “hit” getting into his head.

Experience: Having someone at QB who has had a lot of reps and who has had some level of success really helps QB’s go out and execute with confidence. General experience alone is not enough if that experience left him with scars.

Mobility and Foot speed: Though not mandatory, it certainly doesn’t hurt to have a QB with some speed and shiftiness that allows him to extend plays that might otherwise end in a lost yardage play.

Which QB on our team best demonstrates these traits/skills?

Knowledge of the offense? Ability to execute the offense? It will take a qb who can pick up a new offense very quickly or a qb who has previous experience in this offense (the freshman).

Size, Arm Strength, etc...don't matter if you don't have the ability to learn a completely new offense and terminology VERY QUICKLY. This is why I see JSJ having a true chance to play.

Execution

MuskogeeHogFan

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #192 on: August 04, 2018, 04:51:35 pm »

Knowledge of the offense? Ability to execute the offense? It will take a qb who can pick up a new offense very quickly or a qb who has previous experience in this offense (the freshman).

Size, Arm Strength, etc...don't matter if you don't have the ability to learn a completely new offense and terminology VERY QUICKLY. This is why I see JSJ having a true chance to play.

Execution

OK

BenDial

« Reply #193 on: August 04, 2018, 05:47:24 pm »

I think too much is being made out of the running and scrambling bit. In Morris's system is an athletic guy ideal? Of course. Is it necessary to make the offense really go? No.

SMU was 12th nationally in scoring last year and their starting QB had a grand total of 47 yards rushing on 54 carries on the year. If a runner was a necessary cog, Rafe Peavey probably would have been the starter. I think Cole starts the season and if he plays well, and I think he can in this system, then I think he could well finish it. The offensive line won't be asked to hold these defensive linemen for 4 or 5 seconds. He's going to have a chance to succeed and Cole has the moxy and confidence to get it done I think.

MuskogeeHogFan

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #194 on: August 04, 2018, 05:52:08 pm »

I think too much is being made out of the running and scrambling bit. In Morris's system is an athletic guy ideal? Of course. Is it necessary to make the offense really go? No.

SMU was 12th nationally in scoring last year and their starting QB had a grand total of 47 yards rushing on 54 carries on the year. If a runner was a necessary cog, Rafe Peavey probably would have been the starter. I think Cole starts the season and if he plays well, and I think he can in this system, then I think he could well finish it. The offensive line won't be asked to hold these defensive linemen for 4 or 5 seconds. He's going to have a chance to succeed and Cole has the moxy and confidence to get it done I think.

That's exactly what I was speaking to above when trying to discuss some of the successful traits of the guy who becomes the starting QB.

lakecityhog

« Reply #195 on: August 04, 2018, 06:01:43 pm »

Aren't MOST QB's type A guys? Most of them have "moxey." Most of them are leaders. Most of them have a certain amount of charisma.

The KEY to me is which guy can make the RIGHT read quicker and execute the play, NOW! Get the ball to the right spot, be that a hand-off, a keep or a pass. Can the guy look at the Defense and "see" the play unfold? And #1, who can do it right time after time after time???

MuskogeeHogFan

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #196 on: August 04, 2018, 06:10:54 pm »

Aren't MOST QB's type A guys? Most of them have "moxey." Most of them are leaders. Most of them have a certain amount of charisma.

The KEY to me is which guy can make the RIGHT read quicker and execute the play, NOW! Get the ball to the right spot, be that a hand-off, a keep or a pass. Can the guy look at the Defense and "see" the play unfold? And #1, who can do it right time after time after time???

Like having an excellent football IQ? Yes, I would agree that is a very important trait in this offense. Not the only trait that is necessary, but that is certainly an important part.

BenDial

« Reply #197 on: August 04, 2018, 06:11:14 pm »

Most of them think they are.

Hogs-n-Roses

• Coming to a Stadium Near You!
« Reply #198 on: August 04, 2018, 08:34:57 pm »

In 1980 or 81 my 1st cousin was a junior at captain shreve high school in Shreveport La. Roger Kelly was the QB. I watched him for 2 years. He was a natural,made the right calls,got em in the right formations... They were really good that last year. Went pretty deep in the state playoffs. Had lunch the other day with said cousin and he said Cole(his son) has lost lots of weight and has worked extremely hard to get ready for this.Apparently Morris has lit a competitive fire under every one on this team and has made them all believers again.

LAHogfan123

« Reply #199 on: August 04, 2018, 08:59:34 pm »

I know alot of fans say that we just can't start a true freshman in the SEC and I just laugh when I see that.  Who has started the last few years for Alabama?  Freshman QB's, the same with Texas A&M, and Georgia if I'm not mistaken.  You may say we don't recruit the same talent of QB as those teams, but actually we do and better at times.  Our problem is our Oline not protecting our QB currently, but if we get decent Oline play and with the different Offense now that Morris will be running where we're getting rid of the ball faster and not holding onto it so long that our Oline struggles to protect, and if we do find that one of our current QB'S has a command of the offense and is really mobile, then turn him loose.  This year will be the year to do so.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas