• 10,016,193 Posts
• 401,480 Topics
• 22,977 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Orgeron the favorite but not in a good way  (Read 1051 times)

Otis Kirk

• Global Moderator
  • Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net

Lanny

• The1
  • Administrator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • The1
    • Hogville.net
Re: Orgeron the favorite but not in a good way
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2018, 08:02:22 am »

Agree 100% if LSU has the buyout money

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Guessing is easier than actually trying!
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2018, 12:11:13 pm »

Agree 100% if LSU has the buyout money

LSU might not have the money for academics but they and their boosters will always fund the athletic program and its needs. That being said they had Chads odds way to high. His odds should be more like 1,000 to 1.

holeinthewall

• Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2018, 01:18:28 pm »

LSU opens with a loss to Miami
SELA is a win
Auburn Loss
La Tech  Wow they play 2 in state schools what an interesting concept
Probably looking at 7-5 maybe 8-4 depending on how the transfer QB works out

jbcarol

LSU suspended linebacker Tyler Taylor after learning he was arrested in May for reportedly serving as the getaway driver in the burglary of a Georgia pawn shop, according to arrest documents obtained Wednesday by The Advocate.

LSU athletic officials confirmed they learned of Taylor’s case Wednesday and that he is suspended indefinitely for violation of team rules.

An incident report by the Cumming Police Department said that in the early morning of Jan. 8, three men and a juvenile broke into a pawn shop in Cumming, Georgia, stole several firearms and fled the scene in a vehicle driven by Taylor.

The report said a Cumming police officer obtained arrest warrants May 27 for Taylor, 19, for conspiracy to commit a crime, party to a crime and theft by receiving stolen property.

Mike Scarborough@ScarboroughMike

Flabbergasted as to how a SEC football player could have been arrested on felony charges in May, posts 33k bail and no one knows about it until three months later.  Cummings, Ga arrests dont show in a paper, mugshots, nothing?

jbcarol

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2018, 07:44:59 pm »

Ross Dellenger
‏Verified account@RossDellenger

Breaking: An NCAA committee denied #LSU CB Kristian Fulton's appeal to overturn his 2-year ban for cheating on a drug test, his family lawyer tells @SiNow.

NCAA denied it despite a letter from LSU supporting Fulton and admitting inadequate education on NCAA penalty for cheating.

4:35 PM - 9 Aug 2018

Ross Dellenger
‏Verified account@RossDellenger
 2m2 minutes ago

Statement for #LSU coach Ed Orgeron:

“Of course, I am very disappointed by this decision. He’s done what we’ve asked him to do and I believe the appeal was a good one. He’s going to keep working and we’re going to stick by him.”

jbcarol

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2018, 05:35:44 am »

Scott Ferrell@ScottFerrell
 8h8 hours ago

LSU QB situation getting a little clearer. @LSUBeatTweet has details. https://www.shreveporttimes.com/story/sports/college/lsu/2018/08/14/lsu-reserve-quarterback-lowell-narcisse-says-he-plans-transfer/994615002/ … #LSU

BATON ROUGE — LSU redshirt freshman quarterback Lowell Narcisse has decided to do what he had previously considered — transfer.

"After sitting down and talking with my family, I've decided the best thing for my future is to transfer and get a fresh start and be able to have an opportunity to showcase my abilities," Narcisse tweeted Tuesday night.

Graduate transfer junior Joe Burrow, who played parts of the 2016 and '17 seasons as a backup at Ohio State, and sophomore Myles Brennan, who was the No. 2 quarterback at LSU last season, have been the favorites to win the starting job ahead of junior Justin McMillan and Narcisse. McMillan and Narcisse have thrown one pass in a college game between them.

Graduate transfer junior Joe Burrow, who played parts of the 2016 and '17 seasons as a backup at Ohio State, and sophomore Myles Brennan, who was the No. 2 quarterback at LSU last season, have been the favorites to win the starting job ahead of junior Justin McMillan and Narcisse. McMillan and Narcisse have thrown one pass in a college game between them.

lsu8888

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2018, 09:49:48 pm »

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/sports/lsu/article_4980fc64-a734-11e8-a51b-0f9ae0e53532.html

Kristian Fulton's stunning reinstatement is the ray of light LSU football so badly needed

jbcarol

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2018, 10:20:37 am »

LSU coach Ed Orgeron enters the 2018 season on the Simmer Seat

ARLINGTON, Texas — LSU had the proverbial Players Only meeting on Aug. 15 —

So was it too early when someone asked coach Ed Orgeron about being on the hot seat on the Southeastern Conference teleconference on Wednesday —

If you're already having Players Only meetings, you're asking for it, but the question was still a tad early — at least by a week or so.

Orgeron answered the question with more class than it should have required.

"I love being the coach at LSU," he said. "Whatever happens outside of this building, we block out the noise. I feel confident in our football team and I feel confident in myself about being the coach at LSU."

With that, welcome to another LSU football season, which again asks the following questions: How many will LSU win? And who will get fired?

It could get hot for Alleva, who hired Orgeron in a small-time move, and for Orgeron very quickly if LSU, new offensive coordinator Steve Ensmginger and new transfer quarterback Joe Burrow flame out Sunday night by losing 24-6, or something like that. This would then set up the Tigers for a 1-2 start as No. 10 Auburn awaits in Jordan-Hare Stadium on Sept. 15 after Southeastern Louisiana opens the home season on Sept. 8.

A victory Sunday, however, or even an offensive-attractive loss like 24-21 or something like that to such a highly ranked team — deservedly or not —

DeltaBoy

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I'm Un-Reconstructed. Sic semper tyrannis
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2018, 08:37:41 pm »

27-3 LSU leads at the half over the U!

DeltaBoy

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2018, 09:20:44 pm »

Ed O looking Smarter with each passing minute!

33-3 Geaux Tigers

Redhogs

« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2018, 11:27:11 am »

Bought himself some time Sun.  ;) ;)

Bubba's Bruisers

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2018, 03:12:45 pm »

Bought himself some time Sun.  ;) ;)

It will be short-lived.  He has the most difficult schedule in the country.  The SECW plus cross-division games with UGA and FL.  Ouch.

DeltaBoy

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2018, 08:39:11 am »

He got him a solid Transfer QB and a better than though OC .  This Ed O dream job and he willing to step back and be the face of the Program.

jbcarol

« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 06:09:41 pm by jbcarol »

lsu8888

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2018, 09:42:51 pm »

LSU gets rid of Coach O's hot seat with video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTPG6jccjSM&feature=youtu.be

jbcarol

Gus the favorite but not in a good way
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2018, 08:26:55 am »

https://mobile.twitter.com/SECNetwork/status/1051256612005007360

LSU with 3 wins over then Top 10 teams. Still has date with Bama.

jkstock04

« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2018, 01:53:09 pm »

LSU opens with a loss to Miami
SELA is a win
Auburn Loss
La Tech  Wow they play 2 in state schools what an interesting concept
Probably looking at 7-5 maybe 8-4 depending on how the transfer QB works out
And with a side jab that we should play the Red wolves! Ill be sure to pm you for advice on my stock investment portfolio.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas