• 9,929,201 Posts
• 399,348 Topics
• 22,893 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Portis Not Being Recognized  (Read 1693 times)

hogwood

• Hogvillian
  • Just Chillin' Like A Villain
Portis Not Being Recognized
« on: July 27, 2018, 01:25:56 pm »

In this article about the future of the Chicago Bulls and their young team.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24193681/zach-lowe-chicago-bulls-jabari-parker-lauri-markkanen-nba

He is mentioned ZERO times. For a 23 year old who just averaged 13 ppg and 7 rpg in his second season, I don't see how he could not be seen as a nice building block for this team. Plus he seems to be a fan favorite. Any ideas why he was omitted from this entire story?

FineAsSwine

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Hogville think tank
Re: Portis Not Being Recognized
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2018, 01:31:51 pm »

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

thebignasty

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • I find your lack of faith... disturbing.
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2018, 01:37:47 pm »

hawgball40

• All-American Hogvillian
  • #wps4life
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2018, 02:11:06 pm »

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24193681/zach-lowe-chicago-bulls-jabari-parker-lauri-markkanen-nba

He is mentioned ZERO times. For a 23 year old who just averaged 13 ppg and 7 rpg in his second season, I don't see how he could not be seen as a nice building block for this team. Plus he seems to be a fan favorite. Any ideas why he was omitted from this entire story?
even most bulls fans don't want him as a part of their future core. but the FO loves bobby, they've said it many times. the deal is, they may not offer him what he's worth and he may walk. from what i can gather, their extension offer was a lowball offer, but he is still interested in resigning.

Deep Shoat

• The Artist formerly known as Hong Kong Sooey
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2018, 04:19:27 pm »

Look for the headband and the unibrow.  He's really pretty easy to spot...

(notOM)Rebel123

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2018, 05:00:47 pm »

Bobby is mentioned in the article...
"Markkanen is adding weight in anticipation of playing more center -- a look Hoiberg likes, even though Chicago hemorrhaged points in that alignment last season. "I'm eating a lot more," Markkanen says, laughing. (As a frontcourt pairing, Markkanen and backup Bobby Portis make for an interesting fit.)"

k.c.hawg

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2018, 07:32:42 pm »

He earns $2.5 million in his option year, this year. Chicago will have to offer $3.6 million in a qualifying offer in 19/20 to be able to match a large offer next year to keep Bobby P. A lot of teams looking for 6'10" that can bomb the 3 or score at the rack. A lot of teams in search of 6'10" guy that can shoot 36% from 3, 77% from the line and get you 13 and 7. After this year he will get paid.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 10:57:39 am by k.c.hawg »

hogwood

• Hogvillian
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2018, 09:28:45 pm »

Bobby is mentioned in the article...
"Markkanen is adding weight in anticipation of playing more center -- a look Hoiberg likes, even though Chicago hemorrhaged points in that alignment last season. "I'm eating a lot more," Markkanen says, laughing. (As a frontcourt pairing, Markkanen and backup Bobby Portis make for an interesting fit.)"

Oh right, in parentheses.

hogwood

• Hogvillian
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2018, 09:33:48 pm »

even most bulls fans don't want him as a part of their future core. but the FO loves bobby, they've said it many times. the deal is, they may not offer him what he's worth and he may walk. from what i can gather, their extension offer was a lowball offer, but he is still interested in resigning.

My impression was that Bulls fans love Bobby and in the past have clamored together calling for Bobby's playing time to increase. There was even a social media campaign, #FreeBobby.

(notOM)Rebel123

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2018, 09:43:32 pm »

Oh right, in parentheses.

Well, he was mentioned. Even in parenthesis. Sorry.

hawgball40

• #wps4life
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2018, 10:20:30 pm »

My impression was that Bulls fans love Bobby and in the past have clamored together calling for Bobby's playing time to increase. There was even a social media campaign, #FreeBobby.
Well, yeah. Every fanbase has that rose glasses component that is active on social media. but you haven't been to their forums yet. almost unanimously they see him as either a trade piece or a career backup. very few see him as a key piece or future star or even a starter, and even less want to resign him unless its a "team-friendly" deal. how do i know this? well, i'm a life long bull fan and also a member of that board. just a heads up, their forums are not PC like hogville, posters are allowed to speak their mind for better or worse as long as they don't cross the line. here's a link if you dare enter. -> https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewforum.php?f=10

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Roastin da bomb in Fayettenam.
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2018, 12:22:03 am »

HogBreath

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2018, 06:21:14 am »

Look for the headband and the unibrow.  He's really pretty easy to spot...
Not to mention....he tall.

hogwood

• Hogvillian
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2018, 08:02:55 pm »

Well, he was mentioned. Even in parenthesis. Sorry.

No apology required. I saw that mention originally. I felt like it was more of a footnote to Markkanen than it was anything to do with BP.

hogwood

• Hogvillian
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2018, 08:07:16 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oubVDR9veto

BP will exceed expectations and be a valuable asset to any team, especially a young and rebuilding Bulls squad. I believe he has career starter potential. His grind and hard work will certainly pay dividends.

hogwood

• Hogvillian
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2018, 08:11:45 pm »

hogwood

• Hogvillian
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2018, 08:13:22 pm »

Well, yeah. Every fanbase has that rose glasses component that is active on social media. but you haven't been to their forums yet. almost unanimously they see him as either a trade piece or a career backup. very few see him as a key piece or future star or even a starter, and even less want to resign him unless its a "team-friendly" deal. how do i know this? well, i'm a life long bull fan and also a member of that board. just a heads up, their forums are not PC like hogville, posters are allowed to speak their mind for better or worse as long as they don't cross the line. here's a link if you dare enter. -> https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewforum.php?f=10

Welcome to Chicago... BP will be blowing their board up next year.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas