• 396,405 Topics
• 22,588 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Early season tropical tournaments?  (Read 847 times)

john

Early season tropical tournaments?
« on: July 20, 2018, 11:14:00 pm »

Has anyone heard if Arkansas might get to play in one of the early season tournaments like The Battle for Atlantis or any of the others anytime soon? Arenít we due to play in one of those November tournaments at a nice vacation destination sometime soon? My wife wants a beach vacation soon. I can handle a 4-day beach vacation if I can mix in a little Razorback basketball to break the monotony.

hogwood

• Hogvillian
  • Just Chillin' Like A Villain
Re: Early season tropical tournaments?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2018, 11:41:06 pm »

Last year we were in the Phil Knight Invitational in Oregon. My impression was that this was going to be an annual thing. So perhaps we get invited again.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

alohawg

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2018, 02:36:36 am »

Be nice if they came back to the islands for the Rainbow classic or the Maui invitational.   8)

rogersvillemohog

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2018, 12:43:52 pm »

My understanding is that there will likely be no (major) tournament this year due to the major rebuild (hopefully more like reload). That's not to say that we won't play in any tournament at all. I remember Mike scheduling a tournament in Cancun the year after he took Missouri to the Elite Eight in somewhat of a rebuild year. The tournament was filled with decent mid-majors. I believe they beat Richmond in the championship. Regardless, I wouldn't be looking for us to hit an Atlantis, Maui, NIT, or Puerto Rico this year if we play in a tourney at all.

k.c.hawg

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2018, 01:05:33 pm »

I thought I read we were penciled in for a tournament in Puerto Rico that got scrapped due to slow recovery from the hurricane. It seems we were trying to find one of those 4 team 3 day deals where you play twice to replace it.

Yeah, here it is:

Puerto Rico Tip-Off tickets on sale with PRIMESPORT, the Official Game Day Experience Provider of the 2018 Puerto Rico Tip-Off. The 2018 tournament field features Arkansas, Cal State Fullerton, Colorado, Saint Joseph's, Central Florida, Wake Forest and West Virginia

Too bad. Even though I am always in full blown football mode trying to manage college and NFL weekends it is always a great treat to have the Hogs in an early season tournament.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 01:36:12 pm by k.c.hawg »

HawgnCorona

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2018, 09:27:20 pm »

Although  the Puerto Rican Tip Off (they missed adding it) isnt listed in the link below they are scheduled in a Armed Forces Classic vs (spit) the Shorthorns at Fort Bliss and The Hardwood Classic vs Indiana.  Also dont forget SECvs Big 12 Challenge.

https://www.bloggingthebracket.com/2017/11/27/16671208/2018-19-college-basketball-early-season-tournaments-events-mte-neutral-site-showcases-thanksgiving

Also of Arkansas-Little Rock, UAPB, UCA, A-State are scheduled as well in some of these classics, tip-offs and tournaments.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas