• 10,015,249 Posts
• 401,418 Topics
• 22,977 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: All star game  (Read 305 times)

HamIAm

All star game
« on: July 17, 2018, 08:32:34 pm »

Who thought it was a good idea to interview a NL outfielder while he is playing defense the entire half inning for two innings in a row?  Fox should apologize to their viewers. If it's no more serious than that why did I tune in?

GolfNut57

Re: All star game
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2018, 08:51:36 pm »

Who thought it was a good idea to interview a NL outfielder while he is playing defense the entire half inning for two innings in a row?  Fox should apologize to their viewers. If it's no more serious than that why did I tune in?

You're surprised? It IS no more serious than that. Since there is no longer anything tied to the results of the All Star game such as home field advantage for the World Series it is nothing more than a useless dog and pony show that gives all teams a mid summer break during a long season.

It has gotten to the point to where I would prefer no players from my favorite team (the Red Sox) even bother going to it. I would prefer they stay home and rest their bumps and bruises to be ready for the second half of the season.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

woodrow hog call

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2018, 09:06:24 am »

I didn't catch the early part of the game so I missed some of the interviews, but I thoroughly enjoyed the ones I got to see, thought it was a good idea and actually watched more of it just to catch more on field interviews. I have never been, under the impression it was a serious game at all, so that didn't bother me, I thought everybody knew that.

Jackrabbit Hog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • 6/27/18: Just another layer of scar tissue
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2018, 04:47:31 pm »

I didn't catch the early part of the game so I missed some of the interviews, but I thoroughly enjoyed the ones I got to see, thought it was a good idea and actually watched more of it just to catch more on field interviews. I have never been, under the impression it was a serious game at all, so that didn't bother me, I thought everybody knew that.

Pete didn't.

311Hog

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2018, 04:58:57 pm »

i thought it was the home run derby part deux

ChicoHog

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • RIP Glenn. You're "Already Gone" way too soon
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2018, 08:27:34 am »

Growing up in the 70s and 80s I loved the All star game and America tuned in as it was a hotly contested game even though the National League dominated all thru the 70s.  Now players are friendly towards each other, they share agents, hug each other and no one wants to make it important.  Inter league play  killed some of that also.  I still enjoy it but it's definitely not what it used to be.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas