• 396,355 Topics
• 22,570 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Are you the type of fan that gets bitter when an instate recruit goes elsewhere?  (Read 3552 times)

Swestwill66

• Varsity
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net

When a player from Arkansas gets an offer to go play for the top program in the country and turns them down, that's pure gold !  We shouldn't ever forget that.
   When Nick Saban went to Dejon Harris and offered ,I figured he was gone. Wrong! I remember thinking this kid has character. We can win with guys like him. An out of state kid that turned down Nick! Thats gold!

HognitiveDissonance

• All-American Hogvillian

The first recruit I remember, that went somewhere else, was Basil Shabazz. I don't even recall where he went. It seems like he ended up at UAPB. I know we have "lost" some good ones. We have gotten some good ones from other states that wanted to be Razorbacks, though.
  There is no reason to be bitter. I would rather a player from another state come here and play his heart out than an in state kid that thinks he was supposed to come here but wanted to go somewhere else .
Shabazz didn't spurn Arkansas for another football school, he played pro baseball.
After that burned out, he went to UAPB to play football.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

liljo

Shabazz didn't spurn Arkansas for another football school, he played pro baseball.
After that burned out, he went to UAPB to play football.
Exactly correct. I believe he received $100,000 to sign a pro baseball contract. Turned out, the Great One couldn't hit the curveball. With all his speed, you know the saying, "you can't steal first base."

I'll always imagine that, had he gone to Arkansas straight out of high school, he'd have been a sure enough LEGENDARY player.

liljo

56 for 549...not impressive.

56 catches for 549 yards?

That's a lot of First Downs, man. That's CONTRIBUTING.

diveplayon4thn20

• Band Nerd

Who was the Alma Linebacker?

P
The,player from Alma was Adam Dailey, who had over 100 tackles on D apnd pounded out over 800 yes at FB. He was Over 6 foot and weighed Around 235 lbs. Alma beat Malvern 32-7 in the semis and won state despite only going 6-4,in the regular season, peaked in playoffs. Hais d up playing cb for the Hogs, starting for a couple seasons. Didnt several.Daily played at fb for the hogs could havbeen a great one but injuries ended his career prematurely.

liljo

P
The,player from Alma was Adam Dailey, who had over 100 tackles on D apnd pounded out over 800 yes at FB. He was Over 6 foot and weighed Around 235 lbs. Alma beat Malvern 32-7 in the semis and won state despite only going 6-4,in the regular season, peaked in playoffs. Hais d up playing cb for the Hogs, starting for a couple seasons. Didnt several.Daily played at fb for the hogs could havbeen a great one but injuries ended his career prematurely.

That is exactly right! Adam Dailey! That young man didn't have ANY doubts about who he was playing for. He played a role, in a very memorable way, in convincing ol' Harold that The Hill was gonna be a better choice for him!

OneTuskOverTheLine™

• Gold Hogvillian
  • One tusk over the line sweet Jesus...

Go Hogs.!!!

OneTuskOverTheLine™

• Gold Hogvillian
  • One tusk over the line sweet Jesus...

Yep..!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas