• 10,110,477 Posts
• 404,024 Topics
• 23,071 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mizzou Academic Fraud  (Read 786 times)

revolution

• Hogvillian
  • Change is inevitable; growth is optional.
Re: Mizzou Academic Fraud
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2018, 12:29:07 pm »

Reflecting on the North Carolina case, I'd say this is an educational issue and the NCAA has no jurisdiction.  Theoretically, this tutor could have provided disallowed academic assistance to any student, not just athletes, therefore it is the institution, the academic governing bodies, and society at large which are at fault, ergo there is no fair and just response that would include any punitive impact on the athletic departments and teams at Mizzou!

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Guessing is easier than actually trying!
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2018, 12:38:28 pm »

Reflecting on the North Carolina case, I'd say this is an educational issue and the NCAA has no jurisdiction.  Theoretically, this tutor could have provided disallowed academic assistance to any student, not just athletes, therefore it is the institution, the academic governing bodies, and society at large which are at fault, ergo there is no fair and just response that would include any punitive impact on the athletic departments and teams at Mizzou!

That depends on whether she was a tutor solely for the athletic department or all students. The NC case was different. It had to do with certain classes not specific tudors. The way they got off was because any regular student could take those classes and did.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 11:16:39 am by Inhogswetrust »

#hammerdown

• Senior
  • Bring Back the Chrome Dome
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2018, 02:31:46 pm »

Completely different than NC.  This tutor provided benefits specific to athletes.  She took classes for football and basketball players.

The only hope Mizzou has is because she refuses to sign confidentiality agrements with the NCAA.

This makes her look like she is shopping her story to the highest bidder.

In truth this appears to be because she doesnít want the NCAA to cover up like they have repeatedly. 

She is risking prosecution through FERPA if she does what she is threatening to do today.  She is convinced it is ok to release these names.  Others say it is a ferpa violation.

Ever heard the term ďDonít poke the bear?Ē

revolution

• Hogvillian
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2018, 02:32:08 pm »

That depends on whether she was a tudor solely for the athletic department are all students. The NC case was different. It had to do with certain classes not specific tudors. The way they got off was because any regular student could take those classes and did.

I realize the cases are different.  I was speaking "tongue in cheek."

But do you really believe the NCAA hands down punishment based on facts and the evidence? 

At this point, there's too much money being made by all those with vested interest for the NCAA to credibly police its member institutions or even to substantially reform its rules to provide consistent responses to rule-breaking.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2018, 02:58:59 pm »

I realize the cases are different.  I was speaking "tongue in cheek."

But do you really believe the NCAA hands down punishment based on facts and the evidence? 

At this point, there's too much money being made by all those with vested interest for the NCAA to credibly police its member institutions or even to substantially reform its rules to provide consistent responses to rule-breaking.

Itís not about the amount of money ONE single school brings. The problem is they do not have subpoena power.

Corkscrew Johnson

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Hey Houston, hold onto my rope!!
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2018, 03:40:38 pm »

This is definitely different than the North Carolina situation because North Carolina is a higher profile program with superior revenue contributions.  Under NCAA statutory code 25(b)(2)(iii) they are exempt from punishment under the legal theorem 'magnus piscis'.  Mizzou is about to get clobbered with the objectively subjective gavel of collegiate justice.

revolution

• Hogvillian
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2018, 07:27:44 pm »

Itís not about the amount of money ONE single school brings. The problem is they do not have subpoena power.

I don't believe the member institutions of the NCAA want to put more teeth into investigations and penalties. It's all lip service. Just keep the gravy train rolling!

holeinthewall

• Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2018, 09:16:49 am »

Could you imagine if the NCAA actually investigated Bama. 

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2018, 12:45:53 pm »

You realize they have done that before and not to long ago either.

PharmacistHog

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Gameday Goon
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2018, 01:10:49 pm »

Not saying Bama is clean, but how much does saban actually HAVE to cheat.  I mean its not a hard sell.  "Would you like to come win multiple championships and then be drafted in the first round of the NFL draft?" 

Nashville Fan

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Welcome to next year!
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2018, 04:56:00 pm »

Not saying Bama is clean, but how much does saban actually HAVE to cheat.  I mean its not a hard sell.  "Would you like to come win multiple championships and then be drafted in the first round of the NFL draft?" 
Bama problem is not having to cheat to get the best to come. Their problem is keeping the football players in school and away from boosters.

hawgball40

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2018, 05:01:53 pm »

:-[ <- actual photo of mizzouman rn

mizzouman

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2018, 12:45:34 pm »

:-[ <- actual photo of mizzouman rn
Whatever this lady says, please take with a grain of salt.  Need to see what her past history is to understand.  I'm not saying something didn't happen.  Who knows?  But, this lady has been out to get Mizzou for a long time.  Example, she wanted to go to grad school.  She couldn't because Mizzou would not release her transcripts until she paid the rest of her tuition.  She went to Mizzou and offered the list of these names in exchange for $3,000, the amount of her past due tuition.  Mizzou refused.  She has also written numerous bad checks and has been arrested a few times as well. 

So, are her claims legit?  I don't know, but she does carry a ton of baggage.

theFlyingHog

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2018, 12:16:01 am »

Whatever this lady says, please take with a grain of salt.  Need to see what her past history is to understand.  I'm not saying something didn't happen.  Who knows?  But, this lady has been out to get Mizzou for a long time.  Example, she wanted to go to grad school.  She couldn't because Mizzou would not release her transcripts until she paid the rest of her tuition.  She went to Mizzou and offered the list of these names in exchange for $3,000, the amount of her past due tuition.  Mizzou refused.  She has also written numerous bad checks and has been arrested a few times as well. 

So, are her claims legit?  I don't know, but she does carry a ton of baggage.
I donít like mizzouri but theyís always three sides to every story and we only heard one so far. She does smell a little fishy
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas