• 9,929,245 Posts
• 399,350 Topics
• 22,893 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Brandon Martin not on the roster  (Read 2753 times)

JayHog

• Varsity
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
Brandon Martin not on the roster
« on: July 17, 2018, 09:57:13 am »

Thatís not good

RyanMallettsEgo

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Take it easy, I'm pre-law.
Re: Brandon Martin not on the roster
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2018, 09:59:15 am »

Read somewhere this may just be a Randy Ramsey-esque situation. May come back later on.

Plus, if we're gonna lose someone, I think WR is the area we can afford to take a hit. He didn't exactly tear it up last year, either.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

HenduHog

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Razorbacks: Hostile and mobile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2018, 10:00:09 am »

ArDemGaz said it could be academics

Biggus Piggus

• Escaped Journalist
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville: The mosh pit of Razorbackland
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2018, 11:59:13 am »

Lots of talent, but there's a reason he went to JUCO. I'm sure there was a reason the recruiting services had him the #1 JUCO WR, but that means nothing if you can't get on the field.

He went to juco because his school was stripped of accreditation. It was a private school made to be a football factory, but something went wrong.

JayHog

• Varsity
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2018, 12:20:29 pm »

Itís true he didnít exactly tear it up his first year. But in my experience, I always seem to notice a big jump in JUCO players after their first year on campus (in both football and basketball).
Itís like they almost need that first year as an adjustment period. But the next year is where you really see them perform. So I expected big things from Martin this year.

ricepig

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2018, 12:23:10 pm »

He went to juco because his school was stripped of accreditation. It was a private school made to be a football factory, but something went wrong.

Well, we haven't lost our accreditation, and he's not eligible. I don't know if that speaks ill of us or him, lol.

tusked

• Clapton is god....but SRV was the big bang!
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2018, 02:02:12 pm »

Well, we haven't lost our accreditation, and he's not eligible. I don't know if that speaks ill of us or him, lol.

It speaks to the state of the program.  The hogs need now more than ever, the #1 JC WR to play like the #1 JC WR and press for an all SEC team.  Not flunk out of school.  Scout team walk-ons can flunk out of school, not players you HAVE to have production from to be competitive.

The hogs were picked the worse team in the SEC.  For the love of god the hogs should NEVER be picked 14 out of 14 teams, NEVER.  yet here we are and a highly rated WR is gone before the fall camp. 

I will be so glad when the dominos to purgatory stop falling for the program and start to turn around.

liljo

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2018, 02:07:32 pm »

It speaks to the state of the program.  The hogs need now more than ever, the #1 JC WR to play like the #1 JC WR and press for an all SEC team.  Not flunk out of school.  Scout team walk-ons can flunk out of school, not players you HAVE to have production from to be competitive.

The hogs were picked the worse team in the SEC.  For the love of god the hogs should NEVER be picked 14 out of 14 teams, NEVER.  yet here we are and a highly rated WR is gone before the fall camp. 

I will be so glad when the dominos to purgatory stop falling for the program and start to turn around.

You and me, both. I think it traces all the way back to when Coach Hatfield left. Other than less than a handful of seasons, it's been tough callin' those Hogs. Still,

WPS

ricepig

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2018, 02:14:24 pm »

No, it speaks to the dedication of said player to do the necessary work to be eligible. Ratings mean nothing after you get on campus, he couldn't get on the field last year, while his teammate from JUCO led us in yards receiving.

As to where the media picks us, I take solace in knowing they are seldom correct. Where they pick us will have no bearing on where we finish, our results will determine that.

tusked

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2018, 02:18:50 pm »

You and me, both. I think it traces all the way back to when Coach Hatfield left. Other than less than a handful of seasons, it's been tough callin' those Hogs. Still,

WPS

I go back to the evil knievel act with the blonde.  then the total schit show from the old AD for 6 years.  but those horses are kicked to soap.

as jimmy johnson used to say 'you make your own luck'

tusked

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2018, 02:22:19 pm »

No, it speaks to the dedication of said player to do the necessary work to be eligible. Ratings mean nothing after you get on campus, he couldn't get on the field last year, while his teammate from JUCO led us in yards receiving.

As to where the media picks us, I take solace in knowing they are seldom correct. Where they pick us will have no bearing on where we finish, our results will determine that.

Not today rice, not in the mood.  The record speaks for itself and there's no defending it.  It would be nice if the hogs could go one year with breaks going the hogs way, just one year.

ricepig

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2018, 02:37:56 pm »

Not today rice, not in the mood.  The record speaks for itself and there's no defending it.  It would be nice if the hogs could go one year with breaks going the hogs way, just one year.

Defending what, Morris record at SMU? It, and our past year's have little bearing on what happens this season, it's a new day. We may finish last, but it won't be because of last year's record, or whether Martin is eligible.

RyanMallettsEgo

• Take it easy, I'm pre-law.
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2018, 02:39:23 pm »

Dude, based on what we saw last year, it's not like we lost Jerry Rice.

bphi11ips

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I need help with my footwork, too.
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2018, 03:54:47 pm »

We were the consensus pick in 1998 to finish last in the West and 11th overall, ahead of only Vanderbilt.

GroŖer Kriegschwein

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Is it football season yet?
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2018, 04:59:37 pm »

Some don't work out.

Sometimes the best natural talent you recruit doesn't work out.

Football talent and academics are not quite mutually exclusive. They do however occur together independently of each other.

hawgmasta

• Hogvillian
  • I have to return some videotapes.
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2018, 05:48:54 pm »

Itís true he didnít exactly tear it up his first year. But in my experience, I always seem to notice a big jump in JUCO players after their first year on campus (in both football and basketball).
Itís like they almost need that first year as an adjustment period. But the next year is where you really see them perform. So I expected big things from Martin this year.

Dang I hope he makes it back. This is exactly in line with what I was thinking; his second year he would be more comfortable and in a more pass friendly offense. I hope he makes it back we could use his natural talent.

Biggus Piggus

• Escaped Journalist
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville: The mosh pit of Razorbackland
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2018, 07:27:11 pm »

Al Boarland

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2018, 07:29:58 pm »

I recall catching hell for saying this when we signed him.

bennyl08

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Ever since the war I've had a drinking problem
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2018, 07:36:55 pm »

He hasn't been since the end of the spring semester, and hasn't contributed anything since he's been here.

Speaking to the OP and this post, the roster doesn't appear to have been updated since the spring. Unless not a single player has either gained or lost any weight since it was changed back in feb/march.

However, this

https://5newsonline.com/2018/07/17/brandon-martin-unlikely-to-return-to-razorbacks-this-year/

Article says he isn't coming back this season.

doesn't speak well for him playing this season...

ricepig

« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2018, 07:39:59 pm »

Speaking to the OP and this post, the roster doesn't appear to have been updated since the spring. Unless not a single player has either gained or lost any weight since it was changed back in feb/march.

However, this

doesn't speak well for him playing this season...

They have gained/lost, it's my understanding they will have it updated for the start of fall practice. As I said, he's trying to get back for the spring.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas