• 10,061,135 Posts
• 402,724 Topics
• 23,014 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mike Woods Arrested for DUI, MIP  (Read 5595 times)

rhames

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
Re: Mike Woods Arrested for DUI, MIP
« Reply #100 on: July 15, 2018, 09:24:15 am »

Sadly they consider it a trophy if they catch an athlete.  They will let others walk but never a Razorback.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say he wasn't the only person arrested on Dickson, or leaving Dickson, that night.

Flatline

• All-American Hogvillian
  • FEAR THE HOG!!!!
« Reply #101 on: July 15, 2018, 09:24:56 am »

He's under 21. Alcohol is illegal for under 21s.

He had a 0.071 BAC. Legal limit for under 21s if you've had it is 0.02 BAC.

FPD did their job. Shouldn't get special treatment just because you play HAWGBALL.

Get over it.

Yeah, most of us here probably drank under 21, and some idiots here probably got behind the wheel of a car while drunk, whether under 21 or not. Not preaching at Woods at all because I'm no saint. But man up and own your stupid decisions if you get caught.

Blame the cops, not the perpetrator. Right?

If he was over 21 he would have walked.  Don't know many college kids that do not drink. I don't see this of a serious problem but it does give Morris a chance to send a message to the team.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Flatline

• FEAR THE HOG!!!!
« Reply #102 on: July 15, 2018, 09:26:36 am »

I'm going to go out on a limb and say he wasn't the only person arrested on Dickson, or leaving Dickson, that night.

Just telling the truth.  That wasn't a guess.  It is a fact.

1highhog

• Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat.
« Reply #103 on: July 15, 2018, 09:28:01 am »

College kids are going to drink. Wish he would have called an Uber instead of driving for himself. He seems like a good kid just made a mistake. Do miss the ďgood ole daysĒ when the officers would give warnings to most people but he was driving so I understand. Iím sure the coaches are disappointed, he is very close to Stepp and Morris.

If you're driving and drinking, you deserve whatever punishment they can throw at you.  You're risking your life, big deal, but risking other innocent lives because of your stupidity, not acceptable.

rhames

« Reply #104 on: July 15, 2018, 09:30:33 am »

Just telling the truth.  That wasn't a guess.  It is a fact.

It sounds like an opinion unless you have any evidence you can share or statistics you can provide.

Flatline

• FEAR THE HOG!!!!
« Reply #105 on: July 15, 2018, 09:38:33 am »

30 years working as a police officer.

ricepig

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #106 on: July 15, 2018, 09:39:30 am »

At FPD?

rhames

« Reply #107 on: July 15, 2018, 09:42:17 am »

I'm sure your fellow officers will be thrilled with your critique of them on a message board.

I'm still saying its BS.

Dark Helmet Hog

• Now let's see how well you handle it...
« Reply #108 on: July 15, 2018, 09:47:37 am »

If you're driving and drinking, you deserve whatever punishment they can throw at you.  You're risking your life, big deal, but risking other innocent lives because of your stupidity, not acceptable.

Just something to think about. There are a lot of stupid decisions that risk other's lives, especially in a car. In a hurry? Going 15 over the speed limit down 71B is pretty dumb with the way people pull out in front of you or tend to jaywalk. Running that last second red light because you're tired of waiting in line is right there too (I've never seen more red lights ran than in Fayetteville). I49 going too slow? How about the idiots switching lanes at 100+ miles per hour? The list goes on. My point is that while what the kid did was dumb, it is not all inclusive on stupid decsions that risk lives and a lot of those don't involve alcohol. The kid should have taken an Uber without question.

Flatline

• FEAR THE HOG!!!!
« Reply #109 on: July 15, 2018, 09:48:15 am »

Well it is not BS and after 30 years of getting my head kicked in and spit on, I can say whatever I damn well want. I have earned it.

There is a lot that goes on in law enforcement that people don't know about but they probably should.

ricepig

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #110 on: July 15, 2018, 09:55:28 am »

Just something to think about. There are a lot of stupid decisions that risk other's lives, especially in a car. In a hurry? Going 15 over the speed limit down 71B is pretty dumb with the way people pull out in front of you or tend to jaywalk. Running that last second red light because you're tired of waiting in line is right there too (I've never seen more red lights ran than in Fayetteville). I49 going too slow? How about the idiots switching lanes at 100+ miles per hour? The list goes on. My point is that while what the kid did was dumb, it is not all inclusive on stupid decsions that risk lives and a lot of those don't involve alcohol. The kid should have taken an Uber without question.

I'm guessing Safe Drive, or whatever the university offers to students doesn't work in the summer?

TebowHater

• DMAC > teBLOW
« Reply #111 on: July 15, 2018, 09:56:37 am »

Most people on here are acting like 1. the officers even knew who Mike Woods was [he has never played a snap for us] and 2. it's November and we have an undefeated season going.

If there was ever an athlete/time to not let him walk, it is now. Make the example of the football player, who has never played a real snap now, in the middle of the summer, to serve as an example for the rest of the team when it really matters.

But I still doubt they even knew who he was. [yes I know he was exciting in spring game/ball]

Dark Helmet Hog

« Reply #112 on: July 15, 2018, 10:01:57 am »

I'm guessing Safe Drive, or whatever the university offers to students doesn't work in the summer?

Yeah, it's called safe ride. I'm not sure of the hours even after glancing at the website.

https://parking.uark.edu/transit-services/safe-ride/index.php

Flatline

• FEAR THE HOG!!!!
« Reply #113 on: July 15, 2018, 10:05:57 am »

They may not have but that doesn't change what I said.  The kid was wrong and he got arrested. 

Just stating that officers give breaks and let people go all the time.  It is the officer's discretion on how to handle a situation but Razorbacks get no breaks period.

HogJowler

• Varsity
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #114 on: July 15, 2018, 11:07:55 am »

I doubt any of you have any idea how many Razorbacks get breaks.  I am sure it is commensurate with the non-athlete population.

What I would like to know is why Dickson Street establishments serving alcohol to minors get breaks and are not shut down.  They are just as guilty or more so than the minors.  As well as all of you that know who these establishments are and do not turn them in.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Guessing is easier than actually trying!
« Reply #115 on: July 15, 2018, 11:33:08 am »

Now the question is which Hogville member is that?

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Guessing is easier than actually trying!
« Reply #116 on: July 15, 2018, 11:40:22 am »

I doubt any of you have any idea how many Razorbacks get breaks.  I am sure it is commensurate with the non-athlete population.

What I would like to know is why Dickson Street establishments serving alcohol to minors get breaks and are not shut down.  They are just as guilty or more so than the minors.  As well as all of you that know who these establishments are and do not turn them in.

Iíve had a liquor permit in Arkansas. It isnít always clear as to where a minor got the alcohol. If it can be ascertained or proven as to where they got it then they do get in trouble with the ABC. They donít have to be turned in so to speak. But if the ABC gets tips from the public they do follow up on them. ABC agents also conduct undercover operations all the time to guard against it not only from bars but also restaurants and liquor stores. I will admit they donít have enough agents but that is a state issue not a local police issue.

bennyl08

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Ever since the war I've had a drinking problem
« Reply #117 on: July 15, 2018, 12:36:02 pm »

Guess I'm not sure what point you are trying to make. All those things are against the law and something almost no cop will ignore. If your point is that people get in a tiffy about drunk driving, it's not like they don't get in the same tiffy about the things you mention as well. Have you ever seen another person cheer on somebody for blatantly running a red light? Driving while texting? Switching lanes at 100 mph?

AirWarren

• Football impotence of the Midwest
« Reply #118 on: July 15, 2018, 01:06:26 pm »

Grown ass men wanna blame millennials for ruining everything, while simulataenously wanting to cover up the wrongdoings by an 18 year old.

Sometimes I donít miss the self-righteous people of the south.

Good glad youíre gone.

Btw....millennial here.

SooieGeneris

• Senior
  • You don't ever want to be chasin' speed..
« Reply #119 on: July 15, 2018, 03:16:37 pm »

I never cease to be amazed at Hogville justice. In between the extreme of putting the kid under the jail and taking him off the team, there is the other extreme to just let him walk..

I have no problem with his arrest or the news coverage. For a non-athlete, it would be on page 37 in fine print, because he is a Razorback scholarship athlete it is front page news. That is part of the responsibility of being in his position for better or worse.

Hopefully he will learn from this and do better in the future. I'm fairly certain he will be punished internally in ways only insiders will know, that remains to be seen. It will set a kind of precedent for the Morris Era.

We will soon have an idea how such incidents will be handled whether it's not playing in a game or two or other punishments.

There is an old saying about whose ox is gored. I see people online who want immediate severe punishment for any offense and I wonder how they would feel about that if it was them or their child..

Too many times people want one brand of justice for others and a much more lenient one for themselves. Who gave or sold Woods the alcohol is an issue as well.. that person or business is just as much to blame except for his driving. But without that, he wouldn't have been driving while impaired would he?

Dark Helmet Hog

« Reply #120 on: July 15, 2018, 03:23:07 pm »

Guess I'm not sure what point you are trying to make. All those things are against the law and something almost no cop will ignore. If your point is that people get in a tiffy about drunk driving, it's not like they don't get in the same tiffy about the things you mention as well. Have you ever seen another person cheer on somebody for blatantly running a red light? Driving while texting? Switching lanes at 100 mph?

Apologies. I was not very clear.

A comment was made that risking other innocent lives because of your stupidity is not acceptable and If you're driving and drinking, you deserve whatever punishment they can throw at you. My point was that people make stupid decisions every day that take other people's lives into their hands. While a DUI is more politically incorrect than the things I mentioned, they can all have equally bad results. People should try not to overreact as the kid will certainly have consequences for his actions and I don't think they would want to kick him off the team for doing 110mph on I49 which in my opinion is an equally stupid act.

As a side note, go watch the trafiic at Joyce and 71B and see how many red lights are ran at every cycle. It's ridiculous.

Nafunu32

• Varsity
« Reply #121 on: July 15, 2018, 03:28:37 pm »

I drove while drinking way too many times when I was young.
Back then if the cops pulled you over they rarely arrested you - they made sure you got home safe.
Different world back then.

My dad was 2 months old when his father was hit head on and killed by a drunk driver. Maybe if the world wasn't like that back then, he would have gotten to know his father. No sympathies from me for anyone arrested for DWI.

• Woo Pig Sooie, brotha!
« Reply #122 on: July 15, 2018, 03:38:56 pm »

I drove while drinking way too many times when I was young.
Back then if the cops pulled you over they rarely arrested you - they made sure you got home safe.
Different world back then.
Maybe if there had been consequences you wouldnít have done it ďtoo many times.Ē

Flatline

• FEAR THE HOG!!!!
« Reply #123 on: July 15, 2018, 11:05:45 pm »

MONEY. There is too much revenue coming off of that street and like I said call officer can use discretion.  They can also be told what not to do.

Flatline

• FEAR THE HOG!!!!
« Reply #124 on: July 15, 2018, 11:08:40 pm »

Iíve had a liquor permit in Arkansas. It isnít always clear as to where a minor got the alcohol. If it can be ascertained or proven as to where they got it then they do get in trouble with the ABC. They donít have to be turned in so to speak. But if the ABC gets tips from the public they do follow up on them. ABC agents also conduct undercover operations all the time to guard against it not only from bars but also restaurants and liquor stores. I will admit they donít have enough agents but that is a state issue not a local police issue.

They actually work with local police. I have work many of those operations and there are certain places that we would not go.

The first time is $1, 000 and it's doubled every time another violation occurs. The person that sold it is arrested but normally released on a signature at the store.

Flatline

• FEAR THE HOG!!!!
« Reply #125 on: July 15, 2018, 11:11:18 pm »

My dad was 2 months old when his father was hit head on and killed by a drunk driver. Maybe if the world wasn't like that back then, he would have gotten to know his father. No sympathies from me for anyone arrested for DWI.

I agree. I was hit by a drunk driver 2 years ago and it put me on a desk ever since because my right knee has to be replaced. So now I push a pencil instead of drive a car.

My statement was not about this specific person. I was stating what the common procedures are. like I said a lot goes on behind the scenes that people don't know about.

It used to be good guys and bad guys and now it's politics.

Tribe_3

• Walk-On
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #126 on: January 11, 2019, 01:49:52 am »

Woah! Thatís a news. I must share this with my friends. They know him. Also, we were looking for a good DUI lawyer. There was a situation last month where my friends were about to lose their licence. I donít know why they even thought of driving back home drunk. Itís a serious crime and could have been very risky.

southeasthog

• Resident Inspector
« Reply #127 on: January 11, 2019, 06:11:22 am »

Woah! Thatís a news. I must share this with my friends. They know him. Also, we were looking for a good DUI lawyer. There was a situation last month where my friends were about to lose their licence. I donít know why they even thought of driving back home drunk. Itís a serious crime and could have been very risky.

If you look under the thread in every post, it will tell you the time and date of those posts. This was back in July.

Pulled(PP)pork

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Fresno St. 12-2 Vegas Bowl Champions!
« Reply #128 on: January 11, 2019, 06:13:27 am »

If you look under the thread in every post, it will tell you the time and date of those posts. This was back in July.
my spidey sense picked up on sarcasm, but the may just be me....on third read, maybe not.  It's hard to tell if the misspellings are intentional or not.

southeasthog

• Resident Inspector
« Reply #129 on: January 11, 2019, 10:11:05 am »

my spidey sense picked up on sarcasm, but the may just be me....on third read, maybe not.  It's hard to tell if the misspellings are intentional or not.

I thought of that but thought ďFirst post?Ē Could just be an idiot or doesnít know any better. Or, testing a second troll account.

Dwight_K_Shrute

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Follow @fakewallyhall.
    • Missing your favorite thread?  It's probably in Vents and Rumors
« Reply #130 on: January 12, 2019, 11:51:46 am »

Glad Iím over 21 cause I wake up over .02
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas