File 13 > Trash

Mike Woods Arrested for DUI, MIP

(1/3) > >>

Jason Carroll:
Arkansas freshman wide receiver Michael Woods has been arrested for DUI and Minor In Possession

https://www.so.washington.ar.us/res/Detainee.aspx?bn=4204715

k.c.hawg:
Man, that didn't take long.

Dark Helmet Hog:

--- Quote from: Jason Carroll on July 14, 2018, 01:45:18 pm ---Arkansas freshman wide receiver Michael Woods has been arrested for DUI and Minor In Possession

https://www.so.washington.ar.us/res/Detainee.aspx?bn=4204715

--- End quote ---

Well, that should ensure he's in shape for the season. I see a lot of running in his future.

Dark Helmet Hog:

--- Quote from: k.c.hawg on July 14, 2018, 01:47:09 pm ---Man, that didn't take long.

--- End quote ---

The Uber app installed on their phone should be a requirement.

pigroots:
I hope this is no indication of things to come. BB may have struggled with wins and losses but there were very few run ins with the law when he was coach. I hope CCM lets it be known this lack of discipline won't be acceptable

The Chief:
I don't get it. Just don't drive. Hide in your room and booze it up, but don't be an idiot and get behind the wheel.

I've been injured by a drunk driver. It hurts.

OneTuskOverTheLine™:
 That and a little bit of, "Hey Son, this is not how we do things in Fayetteville. I'm going to let you call the coach to come pick you up this time, but your ass is mine if you even think about this again..." I'm just sayin'...

Porked Tongue:
FPD not playing favorites.  Again

wpswillriseagain:
College kids are going to drink. Wish he would have called an Uber instead of driving for himself. He seems like a good kid just made a mistake. Do miss the “good ole days” when the officers would give warnings to most people but he was driving so I understand. I’m sure the coaches are disappointed, he is very close to Stepp and Morris.

wpswillriseagain:
Also wish news media’s didn’t blast it all over social media.

hawaiianhogster:
I would expect there to be an article written up on the facts about this case. Has anyone seen it?

bennyl08:

--- Quote from: wpswillriseagain on July 14, 2018, 02:02:10 pm ---College kids are going to drink. Wish he would have called an Uber instead of driving for himself. He seems like a good kid just made a mistake. Do miss the “good ole days” when the officers would give warnings to most people but he was driving so I understand. I’m sure the coaches are disappointed, he is very close to Stepp and Morris.

--- End quote ---

If you are walking drunk or are found to be a minor in possession, the FPD will 99% of the time do just that, give you a warning, make you pour out anything you have on possession, and let you go on your way.

However, if you are driving, or are belligerently intoxicated and fighting off the police or breaking other laws in the process, then it really is in your own best interest that they don't let you go on your way.

wpswillriseagain:

--- Quote from: bennyl08 on July 14, 2018, 02:18:33 pm ---If you are walking drunk or are found to be a minor in possession, the FPD will 99% of the time do just that, give you a warning, make you pour out anything you have on possession, and let you go on your way.

However, if you are driving, or are belligerently intoxicated and fighting off the police or breaking other laws in the process, then it really is in your own best interest that they don't let you go on your way.

--- End quote ---
I’ll take your word on it. That’s definitely not how they work around where I live. That’s how it should be though.

SardisHog:

--- Quote from: Porked Tongue on July 14, 2018, 02:02:04 pm ---FPD not playing favorites.  Again

--- End quote ---

And you think they should with a DUI?

KlubhouseKonnected:
Fayetteville cops are pretty much the biggest (doo shhh) flutes amongst Arkansas law enforcement

KlubhouseKonnected:

--- Quote from: SardisHog on July 14, 2018, 02:21:58 pm ---And you think they should with a DUI?

--- End quote ---

Yeah

The NewEra:
I suspect his Twitter account will tone down some.

bennyl08:

--- Quote from: wpswillriseagain on July 14, 2018, 02:21:46 pm --- I’ll take your word on it. That’s definitely not how they work around where I live. That’s how it should be though.

--- End quote ---

Around 10 years ago or so when I was living near the campus, I saw what I described happen repeatedly. The cops weren't out to be dicks. I'm guessing you are considering the good ole days to be much longer ago than just a decade though.

Smashmouth2004:
I won’t be casting stones at him for drinking but hopefully he learned a lesson. I also applaud the police for preventing something serious from happening like someone getting hurt or killed.

KlubhouseKonnected:

--- Quote from: bennyl08 on July 14, 2018, 02:18:33 pm ---If you are walking drunk or are found to be a minor in possession, the FPD will 99% of the time do just that, give you a warning, make you pour out anything you have on possession, and let you go on your way.

--- End quote ---

This is the exact opposite of the perception my friends and I left with from our time on the Hill.  Total stat chasers.

Porked Tongue:

--- Quote from: SardisHog on July 14, 2018, 02:21:58 pm ---And you think they should with a DUI?

--- End quote ---
Didn't say that I don't think.
However, they do stretch their game out for certain groups at certain times.

Gonzo:

--- Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on July 14, 2018, 01:51:55 pm ---The Uber app installed on their phone should be a requirement.

--- End quote ---

Good advice for more than just college kids.

Go Hogs!

hoglady:

--- Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on July 14, 2018, 01:51:55 pm ---The Uber app installed on their phone should be a requirement.

--- End quote ---

I was just thinking - Uber dummy.
I don't get it - as cheap as Uber is and how fast they pick you up is just a no brainer.
I use Uber all the time if I'm planning on having anything more than 1 drink.

AirWarren:

--- Quote from: Porked Tongue on July 14, 2018, 02:02:04 pm ---FPD not playing favorites.  Again

--- End quote ---

Why should they? Law is law.

Let him hit and kill someone while drunk.

KlubhouseKonnected:

--- Quote from: AirWarren on July 14, 2018, 03:08:20 pm ---Why should they? Law is law.

Let him hit and kill someone while drunk.

--- End quote ---

By all means arrest him then

ricepig:

--- Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on July 14, 2018, 03:11:22 pm ---By all means arrest him then

--- End quote ---

They did, and will. I'm just amazed that kids still drive and drink these days with all the options not to. I knew my kids would drink when they went off to college, the vast majority do, but it was clearly understood that a DUI would be a charge that I wouldn't tolerate.

Hawgphat:
I have no new slant to offer regarding this issue.  I simply hope that the young man can be led to an understanding of the gravity of his position, and can be persuaded to adopt a more mature attitude regarding the vulnerability of high profile athletes.

I trust that Coach Morris is an understanding man with a heart, - and a willingness to allow for second chances.  However, I also hope that he is a stern disciplinarian who will brook no pattern of rebellious behavior, meting out punishment in spades when it is called for.

WilsonHog:
I would be lying if I said I never had a few drinks and then drove when I was a student at UA. The only difference is that I was fortunate to never be pulled over on those occasions. So, it would be a bit self-righteous for me to criticize Mike Woods. I hope that next time the situation occurs he will call someone to come pick him up.

ricepig:

--- Quote from: WilsonHog on July 14, 2018, 03:35:16 pm ---I would be lying if I said I never had a few drinks and then drove when I was a student at UA. The only difference is that I was fortunate to never be pulled over on those occasions. So, it would be a bit self-righteous for me to criticize Mike Woods. I hope that next time the situation occurs he will call someone to come pick him up.

--- End quote ---

Oh, I did too many times, no excuse for it. Heck, at one time out of my group of 5 running buddies, I was the only one with a DL. I just made sure my kids had money for a taxi, Uber, or whatever they needed to always have a ride home, no questions asked.

Inhogswetrust:

--- Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on July 14, 2018, 02:23:14 pm ---Fayetteville cops are pretty much the biggest (doo shhh) flutes amongst Arkansas law enforcement

--- End quote ---

You haven’t been in some of those delta area speed traps I’d say.

ricepig:
On the lighter side, it looks like his height is a legit 6'3". The weight may change in the next few weeks......

hoglady:
I drove while drinking way too many times when I was young.
Back then if the cops pulled you over they rarely arrested you - they made sure you got home safe.
Different world back then.

sowmonella:

--- Quote from: wpswillriseagain on July 14, 2018, 02:06:00 pm ---Also wish news media’s didn’t blast it all over social media.

--- End quote ---

They have taken the ambulance chaser title away from lawyers.

195bc:
DUI laws should be far more severe. Mandatory jail time for first offense, at least a couple months. Far too many people, including hundreds of kids each year under the age of 13, die from drunk drivers each year. Need a greater deterrent to that type of behavior.

HoggusMaximus:

--- Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on July 14, 2018, 02:25:37 pm ---Yeah

--- End quote ---

You can honestly say that players should get off easy with DUI's because they are players?

WilsonHog:
I have no issue with FPD handling it as they did.

By the same token, I would have been cool with them taking him home, calling CM, and letting him handle it without me ever knowing about it.

HoggusMaximus:
preferential treatment because of athletics is a horrible way to set these kids up for the future. 

theFlyingHog:

--- Quote from: 195bc on July 14, 2018, 04:07:48 pm ---DUI laws should be far more severe. Mandatory jail time for first offense, at least a couple months. Far too many people, including hundreds of kids each year under the age of 13, die from drunk drivers each year. Need a greater deterrent to that type of behavior.

--- End quote ---
I’m going to have to agree with you. Too many people die from this stupidity

WilsonHog:

--- Quote from: HoggusMaximus on July 14, 2018, 05:00:19 pm ---preferential treatment because of athletics is a horrible way to set these kids up for the future.

--- End quote ---

Could be, but it has been going on for as long as we’ve had a program. When I was in school at UA, one of our players trashed Wilson-Sharp. The UAPD called Holtz, and he dealt with it. Happened more than once.

ricepig:

--- Quote from: WilsonHog on July 14, 2018, 05:08:52 pm ---Could be, but it has been going on for as long as we’ve had a program. When I was in school at UA, one of our players trashed Wilson-Sharp. The UAPD called Holtz, and he dealt with it. Happened more than once.

--- End quote ---

Back in the days, UAPD was much more lenient than FPD. UAPD seemed more concerned with parking, and letting you go on home.

HogPharmer:

--- Quote from: ricepig on July 14, 2018, 05:13:49 pm ---Back in the days, UAPD was much more lenient than FPD. UAPD seemed more concerned with parking, and letting you go on home.

--- End quote ---

SPAL:

--- End quote ---

Good.

tusked:

What time was he arrested?  It looks like 10:00 AM and then released at 13:59 (2:00pm)

Did he pop a beer on the way to class?  Thats stout.

3kgthog:

--- End quote ---

I have a former employee that got arrested on Dickson three times by the FPD for doing the exact thing you say they overlook 99% of the time.

Großer Kriegschwein:

--- Quote from: The Chief on July 14, 2018, 01:52:47 pm ---I don't get it. Just don't drive. Hide in your room and booze it up, but don't be an idiot and get behind the wheel.

I've been injured by a drunk driver. It hurts.

--- End quote ---

bigly.

June 6, 2001 for me.

razortrack:

--- Quote from: wpswillriseagain on July 14, 2018, 02:06:00 pm ---Also wish news media’s didn’t blast it all over social media.

--- End quote ---

Yet you are contributing to that very media

Porked Tongue:

--- Quote from: ricepig on July 14, 2018, 03:34:43 pm ---They did, and will. I'm just amazed that kids still drive and drink these days with all the options not to. I knew my kids would drink when they went off to college, the vast majority do, but it was clearly understood that a DUI would be a charge that I wouldn't tolerate.

--- End quote ---
It appears his U turn is what called attention to himself.  Being under age was automatic

Driving around the UA is always a challenge but right now with all the closed streets it's doubly hard.  To a newcomer, it's a doozy. I have not heard the details yet, but odds are being underage set him up for no tolerance once he made that U.

One downside to all the UA growth is the large influx of freshmen drivers. For years, many freshman didn't have a car OR lived on campus.  More and more live off campus now and practically all have a car.

Porked Tongue:
My basic problem with FPD is they are far more tolerant of out of town guests than they are locals. You want to be strict, then do it.  But there is a lot of letting it go at certain time of year for certain groups of people.

ricepig:

--- Quote from: tusked on July 14, 2018, 05:28:23 pm ---What time was he arrested?  It looks like 10:00 AM and then released at 13:59 (2:00pm)

Did he pop a beer on the way to class?  Thats stout.

--- End quote ---

Stopped at 11:59pm.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2018/jul/14/woods-arrested-charged-misdemeanor-dui/

Großer Kriegschwein:

--- Quote from: ricepig on July 14, 2018, 05:48:31 pm ---Stopped at 11:59pm.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2018/jul/14/woods-arrested-charged-misdemeanor-dui/

--- End quote ---

I was gonna say that nothing good happens after midnight.........

But he didn't make it that far.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version
Mobile View