• 9,887,599 Posts
• 398,314 Topics
• 22,810 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Stacey Wilkins ...*Committed to Oklahoma*  (Read 47742 times)

razorbackfaninar

• Senior
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
Stacey Wilkins ...*Committed to Oklahoma*
« on: July 12, 2018, 08:21:50 pm »

Heíll be committing next month instead of waiting. No idea where.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 04:27:21 pm by SPAL »

ricepig

Re: Stacey Wilkins
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2018, 08:24:38 pm »

OU is pushing for a commit, if he doesn't, he won't have a spot. We would wait until the end, pretty easy to read.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

JackJohnson

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2018, 08:27:47 pm »

Maybe Frye and Lunney can reel him in even though Wilkins has more P5 offers then of Fryeís previous recruits combined.  Lunney, well he was a former Razorback great so I have nothing but sentimental great things to say about someone making 300k a year who loves the helmet

ricepig

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2018, 08:30:13 pm »

Maybe Frye and Lunney can reel him in even though Wilkins has more P5 offers then of Fryeís previous recruits combined.  Lunney, well he was a former Razorback great so I have nothing but sentimental great things to say about someone making 300k a year who loves the helmet

Lunney doesn't have the Camden area, he has the River Valley and parts of LR in-state.

JackJohnson

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2018, 08:33:05 pm »

Lunney doesn't have the Camden area, he has the River Valley and parts of LR in-state.

So who is the lead for Wilkins and Thomas?  Will they be held accountable.  We NEED talented OL in the worst way after Bert completely left us inexplicably devoid of talent, especially at OT.  We have two high major prospects right here in state, need to get them.  If not then we need to replace with equal or better out of state but looking at our board I donít currently see that happening

Bubba's Bruisers

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2018, 08:36:02 pm »

Incredible that we may lose both SEC caliber in-state OTís. 

TX HOG

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2018, 08:42:30 pm »

Incredible that we may lose both SEC caliber in-state OTís. 

Incredible, yes incredibly horrible

That would be a HUGE kick to the...

WOOPIGDOOIE

• Senior
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2018, 08:45:49 pm »

Heíll be committing next month instead of waiting. No idea where.
This is like the 5th time itís changed

razorbackfaninar

• Senior
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2018, 08:53:21 pm »

This is like the 5th time itís changed

Well hereís his direct quote below. Iíll have to admit that the wording doesnít look like itís the razorbacks given that we have plenty of slots left and he would be in no danger if us filling up and him losing his spot, but you never can tell.

ďAfter talks with my family, I will be making a decision after this month just to be on the safe side of things and make sure I have a spot just in case things go a certain way !!! I hope everybody supports and respects whatever decision I make ✊🏽 #GODSPLAN #TK12Ē

greenie

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2018, 08:57:00 pm »

OU is pushing for a commit, if he doesn't, he won't have a spot. We would wait until the end, pretty easy to read.

This^^^

Thomas seems to have never had an interest in us, and Wilkins has always shown far more interest in OU. We will likely miss on both, but as far as I know, we tried on both. 

My Dad was born and raised in Arkansas, went to Ole Miss and is a die hard Rebel fan. Heís always was a bit of a contrarian, and never liked to do the norm.  Thereís no one to blame for him being an Ole Miss fan...itís just who he is. And there no one to blame for Thomas and Wilkins favoring other schools.  You can only do so much to sway them.

KlubhouseKonnected

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • OOOOhh, GOOD FOR YOU!
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2018, 09:07:19 pm »

Unfortunately that was my reaction. He is just waiting until after the big weekend at the lake nd of this month out of respect for the home team maybe?

KlubhouseKonnected

• OOOOhh, GOOD FOR YOU!
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2018, 09:07:43 pm »

This^^^

Thomas seems to have never had an interest in us, and Wilkins has always shown far more interest in OU. We will likely miss on both, but as far as I know, we tried on both. 

My Dad was born and raised in Arkansas, went to Ole Miss and is a die hard Rebel fan. Heís always was a bit of a contrarian, and never liked to do the norm.  Thereís no one to blame for him being an Ole Miss fan...itís just who he is. And there no one to blame for Thomas and Wilkins favoring other schools.  You can only do so much to sway them.

Also this.

ricepig

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2018, 09:16:33 pm »

Unfortunately that was my reaction. He is just waiting until after the big weekend at the lake nd of this month out of respect for the home team maybe?
We have our BBQ on the 27th, OU's is the 28th.......

RaisinHog

• Hogvillian
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2018, 09:30:10 pm »

Is what it is... I would love too have him but in my opinion oline is a developmental position very few people play early there regardless of star rating .. I would trade the two 4 star lineman for the two 4 star skill guys any day.

factchecker

• RAZORBACKS OR NOTHING!
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2018, 09:36:34 pm »

Is what it is... I would love too have him but in my opinion oline is a developmental position very few people play early there regardless of star rating .. I would trade the two 4 star lineman for the two 4 star skill guys any day.
I'd take two 4 star linebackers over anything.

ArkansasI

« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2018, 09:41:22 pm »

I'm always surprised by players that choose to be a member of a pack rather than hometown hero.

#hammerdown

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2018, 09:45:58 pm »

It sure will be sad if he commits to OU only to have them change their mind at the eleventh hour after all bridges here are burned.

I do respect his right to choose where he wants to go. I also respect our coaches right to say no thanks if he needs a spot late in the process.

CCM says ďIf I have to beg you to come here I will have to beg you to play.

RaisinHog

• Hogvillian
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2018, 09:46:26 pm »

Lol.. at least we have two very good linebackerd

Bubba's Bruisers

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2018, 10:00:33 pm »

Iíd take the linemen.  Who cares if they can play early or not.  We need talent at the OL.  It ainít difficult to get 4 star skill players.  Weíve been getting those for years, yet we remain a mediocre program.  Where weíve lacked is in the trenches and LB.

mm42

• Band Nerd
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2018, 10:14:47 pm »

My wife and both daughter's would take the skill guys too.  I would prefer the big boys, all about scarcity.  God only makes a few really tall, really big, athletic dudes.

RaisinHog

• Hogvillian
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2018, 10:18:56 pm »

Iíd take the linemen.  Who cares if they can play early or not.  We need talent at the OL.  It ainít difficult to get 4 star skill players.  Weíve been getting those for years, yet we remain a mediocre program.  Where weíve lacked is in the trenches and LB.

I don't know that we have really lacked o line tallent NFL first rounder last year one this year that will be drafted in the first 3 rounds ..Kirkland is pushing for a starting NFL position skipper will probably make a team somewhere Swanson has started alot of games ..

HogFoo

• All-American Hogvillian
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2018, 11:42:02 pm »

my feeling is that he is gone.  Although, part of me thinks he'll be a soft commit to whoever. At first i looked at Wilkins tweet as meaning maybe he's trying to save a spot with OU, but couldnt it also be construed as he could commit to the HOGS just to save his spot, although itd be a soft commit to us?  Who knows, maybe OU is slow playing him, so hes gonna save a spot with us in case he gets a spot or doesnt with OU?  Haha i dont know ,just dont have a good feeling about this kid.  So be it.  Is what it is. 

ChicoHog

• RIP Glenn. You're "Already Gone" way too soon
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2018, 12:34:46 am »

Lincoln Riley and hi staff at OU are recruiting even better than Stoops did.  I'm not sure what it is but those guys have it going on right now.  I'd like to crush their momentum if we could get Wilkins. 

KlubhouseKonnected

• OOOOhh, GOOD FOR YOU!
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2018, 01:16:38 am »

Well dam

InHognito

« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2018, 02:01:52 am »

It sure will be sad if he commits to OU only to have them change their mind at the eleventh hour after all bridges here are burned.

I do respect his right to choose where he wants to go. I also respect our coaches right to say no thanks if he needs a spot late in the process.

CCM says ďIf I have to beg you to come here I will have to beg you to play.

Tell this to Darius Philon

Hogindasticks

« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2018, 06:05:29 am »

Makes me think he may have an attitude problem which will make him uncoachable.

HawgHeadCheese

• Senior
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2018, 06:32:42 am »

With all due respect I dont think there is a coach ina the world who would choose two 4 star skill guys over 2 4 star lineman. Especially 2 offensive tackles. The oline is the most important position on the field not to mention skill guys come a dime a dozen.

Hogindasticks

« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2018, 06:47:55 am »

According to twitter..he said he doesnt know what to do......which means he's getting pressure to go somewhere he doesnt want to go.

Dudley E. Dawson (@Dedsports) Tweeted:
RT @Wilk_65: Idk what to do anymore... https://twitter.com/Wilk_65/status/1017649922953351170?s=17

Ir could be woman issues....it would be easy for a school to pay his girl to help him make a decision to do what he really doesnt want to do.  If she felt like it was going the wrong way...well....it could get ugly.  When a kid gets this far and says this...makes me wonder.

Seebs

« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2018, 07:12:37 am »

I tend to try and keep my head out of the sand on these things. IN the June 15th interview with SW  two questions RD asked give you all the answers you need to know about where this player's heart is.

Favorite NFL player: Trent Williams
Role model: Trent Williams

That is hero worship folks and for a teenager the force of this is strong. For those that need to be reminded ( I was one of those):

http://www.nfl.com/player/trentwilliams/497073/profile

So I cringe when I see other posters say we 'lost' these kids, Hell, we never had them. Not even close. It is a wonder we were mentioned in their recruitment as long as we were, a testament to the staff keeping the door open.  The Darius Thomas enigma of not really getting a chance and the SW  'gonna be like Mike'  (Trent) syndrome  are simply things that are tough to overcome.

Sometimes the girl says no to the date and you have to move on. Anything else is creepy.

As I read the tea-leaves SW is being forced to commit by a certain date by OU or he will lose his spot. That tells him all he needs to know and has blown his mind if I read the DD tweet correctly. You come to OU and you do it now or we move on, as opposed to Arkansas saying 'you are a priority and we will do whatever you need done to make sure you come here'. OU has more muscle to flex but it sure makes you feel more like another brick in the wall instead of a very important piece of the puzzle.

Will be interesting to see if SW shows up on the 27th to the cookout. That may change everything. If I am OU I am telling him NOT to go to that. We shall see.  Yet another reason why SW's so confused here at the end.

But saying the staff missed out on these two linemen is shortsighted and wrong. The kids missed out on coming to Arkansas and were given every opportunity to do so in the most loving and respectful manner attainable.  Just my take.   

wildhogman

« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2018, 07:42:54 am »

I tend to try and keep my head out of the sand on these things. IN the June 15th interview with SW  two questions RD asked give you all the answers you need to know about where this player's heart is.

That is hero worship folks and for a teenager the force of this is strong. For those that need to be reminded ( I was one of those):

So I cringe when I see other posters say we 'lost' these kids, Hell, we never had them. Not even close. It is a wonder we were mentioned in their recruitment as long as we were, a testament to the staff keeping the door open.  The Darius Thomas enigma of not really getting a chance and the SW  'gonna be like Mike'  (Trent) syndrome  are simply things that are tough to overcome.

Sometimes the girl says no to the date and you have to move on. Anything else is creepy.

As I read the tea-leaves SW is being forced to commit by a certain date by OU or he will lose his spot. That tells him all he needs to know and has blown his mind if I read the DD tweet correctly. You come to OU and you do it now or we move on, as opposed to Arkansas saying 'you are a priority and we will do whatever you need done to make sure you come here'. OU has more muscle to flex but it sure makes you feel more like another brick in the wall instead of a very important piece of the puzzle.

Will be interesting to see if SW shows up on the 27th to the cookout. That may change everything. If I am OU I am telling him NOT to go to that. We shall see.  Yet another reason why SW's so confused here at the end.

But saying the staff missed out on these two linemen is shortsighted and wrong. The kids missed out on coming to Arkansas and were given every opportunity to do so in the most loving and respectful manner attainable.  Just my take.   

People keep saying here at the end.   End of what?  Did congress and Trump  do it? Change the calender and move the first Weds in Feb to fall the day after July 28th?   Because the end of recruiting season for 2019 is that special day.  Yes there is an early signing period and its in Dec.  But even that "end" is months away.
Condsier SW could always tell OU yes I will sign with you and then watch as our season unfolds and see's something special in potential like we saw in 2008.  Come the true "end" his LOI winds up in a fax machine in Fay Arkansas.

RyanMallettsEgo

• All-American Hogvillian
  • No, no, no, don't think of it as work.
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2018, 08:25:57 am »

It may not be, but if Oklahomaís BBQ is referred to as Champ U BBQ, Wilkins responded on Twitter saying heís not going.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 09:08:06 am by RyanMallettsEgo »

Seebs

« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2018, 08:26:04 am »

Players end their recruitment all the time. To your point, vigilant recruiters keep showing love, but respect that decision and hope for a change.

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2018, 08:37:21 am »

We have one instate... but he will end up an NFL receiver..lol

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2018, 08:38:37 am »

Absoulutely... especially If its Burks and Henry... They are day one players.

Bubba's Bruisers

« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2018, 09:21:50 am »

Absoulutely... especially If its Burks and Henry... They are day one players.

Sure, when youíre talking about generational type talents.  Not the run of the mill 4 stars, which are quite common and not hard to sign.  Even for UA.

Bubba's Bruisers

« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2018, 09:22:28 am »

We have one instate... but he will end up an NFL receiver..lol

Or heís a DE.  Not sure.

ricepig

« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2018, 09:26:31 am »

Or heís a DE.  Not sure.

Probably an OT, looks like we need one.

colbs

« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2018, 09:28:20 am »

He was close to committing after Arkansas he was offered and OU just did a better job after that.  Agimís dream offer was OU and he wasnít even from the state and the last staff overcame that.  Iím going to try not to judge a staff to hard this early but itís concerning that two big OL targets instate probably are not coming to Arkansas.  Even worse one isnít even considering Arkansas and then with Wilkins OU has a pretty big edge on Arkansas.  Iím hoping that the visit later this month changes things with Wilkins.

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2018, 09:31:31 am »

Sure, when youíre talking about generational type talents.  Not the run of the mill 4 stars, which are quite common and not hard to sign.  Even for UA.
absolutely agree

FineAsSwine

• Hogville think tank
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2018, 09:33:50 am »

My wife and both daughter's would take the skill guys too.

I know what you meant but still...

tusked

• Clapton is god....but SRV was the big bang!
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2018, 09:36:15 am »

If Wilkins goes to OU then that's 3 SEC level AR high school OTs that have gone elsewhere if you include Jones from the last recruiting cycle who was committed to AR at one time.

Didn't CM say about his coaches 'if you don't coach and recruit at a high level, you'll be replaced' ?

FineAsSwine

• Hogville think tank
« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2018, 09:38:03 am »

Totally agree but this would never fly in Jump Ball. Over there in la la land, losing any Arkansas recruit to another team can only mean one thing, CMA can't recruit.

ricepig

« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2018, 09:39:35 am »

If Wilkins goes to OU then that's 3 SEC level AR high school OTs that have gone elsewhere if you include Jones from the last recruiting cycle who was committed to AR at one time.

Didn't CM say about his coaches 'if you don't coach and recruit at a high level, you'll be replaced' ?

Maybe Morris isn't as worried about *'s as some of his fan base and trusts the guys he brought in. I suspect he'll let Fry coach the first game before he cans him.

Grizzlyfan

« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2018, 09:40:47 am »

He said on Twitter he wasn't attending somebodies BBQ.  Was it ours, or OU's?

tusked

• Clapton is god....but SRV was the big bang!
« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2018, 09:56:22 am »

Maybe Morris isn't as worried about *'s as some of his fan base and trusts the guys he brought in. I suspect he'll let Fry coach the first game before he cans him.

You posted that it will be a complete failure if they don't sign 6 OL this cycle.  Not saying to dump his OL coach now, that's stupid.  What I am doing is repeating what CM has said and I've heard with my own ears.  His OL coach may be the first casualty,  we will see. so far there have been 2 SEC lineman in the state go somewhere else and a 3rd on the edge.  How many other SEC level lineman from the state of AR did they sign last cycle or are in the lead to sign this cycle to replace the ones they didn't get?

wildhogman

« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2018, 10:08:23 am »

You posted that it will be a complete failure if they don't sign 6 OL this cycle.  Not saying to dump his OL coach now, that's stupid.  What I am doing is repeating what CM has said and I've heard with my own ears.  His OL coach may be the first casualty,  we will see. so far there have been 2 SEC lineman in the state go somewhere else and a 3rd on the edge.  How many other SEC level lineman from the state of AR did they sign last cycle or are in the lead to sign this cycle to replace the ones they didn't get?

ahh another post declaring things are over.  Tell me, how many 17-18 year olds know exactly what they will do tomorrow and can say it without the slightest chance of changing their minds.  What if we have a break out year and win 8 games in a rebuild year?  What if blow U loses 4 of their 12 and barely makes a low tier bowl game?  You so positive these kids are all gone?

how about we let the year play out.  The again its kind of fun watching grown men getting ulcers worrying about the decision an 18 year old will make SIX months from now lol

ricepig

« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2018, 10:21:30 am »

He said on Twitter he wasn't attending somebodies BBQ.  Was it ours, or OU's?

Supposedly OU's, but he's said a lot of things on twitter, lol. I was basing my post on what OU writers had said. Dude just needs to play football and quit worrying about recruiting!

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2018, 10:33:00 am »

Supposedly OU's, but he's said a lot of things on twitter, lol. I was basing my post on what OU writers had said. Dude just needs to play football and quit worrying about recruiting!
hes definitely all about the process..lol

ricepig

« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2018, 10:45:23 am »

hes definitely all about the process..lol

Nick would tell him to just "trust the process"....

luke hawg

• Senior
« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2018, 11:16:58 am »

Some kids want to play for the home state while others want a winner. We will get every in state kid if we become both.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 12   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas