• 396,059 Topics
• 22,370 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Digital Edition of DRF  (Read 85 times)

ghostzapper

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
Digital Edition of DRF
« on: July 12, 2018, 05:11:43 pm »

How many of you require a paper program/Form/other pp information when you handicap?  I prefer one and, though I gamble from my living room via NYRA Bets and can download free Forms, I would often drive to Derby Lane (my nearest handicapping venue) just to get a copy of the Form so I could mark it up, read articles etc.  However, DRF has gone digital and is selling the Form with 5 or 6 major tracks for only $6, versus the $10.50 you pay at the track.  Plus, it is available 2 nights before raceday.  I am pretty sure I wonít buy an on track Form again, and that it wonít be long before DRF quits distributing them that way. 

userpick

Re: Digital Edition of DRF
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2018, 09:09:53 pm »

I print out the form daily if Iím going to bet but I hardly ever ďuse itĒ. If my software program likes a horse, Iíll  look at it just to make sure the trainer isnít 0/294 on the year, but I mainly use it to write down bets. Creatures of habit...

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

ghostzapper

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2018, 10:43:37 pm »

Haha.  Critical stat.

Just was wondering if you like paper in hand, whatever that paper is and whatever it offers you.  The Form has a distribution issue, and it seems to have resolved it by going digital.

userpick

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2018, 09:40:55 am »

Haha.  Critical stat.

Just was wondering if you like paper in hand, whatever that paper is and whatever it offers you.  The Form has a distribution issue, and it seems to have resolved it by going digital.

Yes I definitely like some type of paper form in my hands, especially if i'm at the track. I tried the tablet version, but never could get used to it. Most of my friends make fun of me, because I'm younger and should be used to the digital age, but I guess some people are different.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas