• 9,881,177 Posts
• 398,156 Topics
• 22,802 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Montaric brown  (Read 2872 times)

TuCanSam

• Bench Warmer
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
Montaric brown
« on: July 11, 2018, 03:24:37 pm »

When montaric Brown came to Arkansas last year i was stoked. Thought on the PT he will get this year? If this thread doesn’t get any traffic, toss it

hawgball40

Re: Montaric brown
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2018, 03:37:39 pm »

When montaric Brown came to Arkansas last year i was stoked. Thought on the PT he will get this year? If this thread doesn’t get any traffic, toss it
we haven't really heard much about him, so its hard to say. I'm holding out some hope he sees some time in the 2 deep on defense this season. we could sure use his speed in the backend, maybe at the least he could play the nickel if not start or backup at one of the safety or cb positions

edit: according to this article from May 22nd by Trey Biddy of 247, he's backing up Ramirez at FS

https://247sports.com/college/arkansas/Article/Arkansas-Razorback-football-defense-needs-Montaric-Brown-and-younger-players-to-step-up-in-2019-118420108

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

TuCanSam

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2018, 03:39:09 pm »

He’s one of Arkansas’ Highest rated recruits. Hope Morris and co. Can bring him to light

AugustaHog

• All-American Hogvillian
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2018, 04:11:59 pm »

He's a guy that we need to live up to the hype.  Extremely important position of need for sure.

volkh

• Varsity
  • I like football and boobs, in either order.
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2018, 04:34:04 pm »

If that is true and he back's up Ramirez at FS that would put him in a really good spot to start next year as a RS Sophomore with 2 years on campus, 1 year in the new system and some PT.  That is a good set up for success if it works out for him. 

Hog Fan...DOH!

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Your site for Razorback news.
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2018, 04:37:49 pm »

Remember also he was a late qualifier and missed most of fall practice.  He's talented, though. 

RaisinHog

• Hogvillian
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2018, 04:42:36 pm »

You never here anything about him and the coaches seem too be more excited about the guys coming in this summer ...

RaisinHog

• Hogvillian
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2018, 04:42:51 pm »

You never here anything about him and the coaches seem too be more excited about the guys coming in this summer ...

bphi11ips

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I need help with my footwork, too.
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2018, 04:56:10 pm »

Freshmen and backup QBs are the most popular players on Hogville. Three to five year players are what we want ideally in the two-deep, especially in the secondary where recognition is so important.

jgphillips3

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Life is too short for bad beer.
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2018, 05:06:53 pm »

He literally got cleared 2 minutes before the season started so he had no real shot at playing time, although there were reports that coaches asked him if he wanted to play the last few games and he wanted to keep his redshirt instead.  I’d bet he is in the rotation during the season if he lives up to potential.

bphi11ips

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2018, 05:15:49 pm »

He literally got cleared 2 minutes before the season started so he had no real shot at playing time, although there were reports that coaches asked him if he wanted to play the last few games and he wanted to keep his redshirt instead.  I’d bet he is in the rotation during the season if he lives up to potential.

I think he had a good Spring.

RaisinHog

• Hogvillian
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2018, 07:01:49 pm »

I think he had a good Spring.
How do you think he had a good spring when the coaches never mentioned him ? Not even when directly asked about the secondary ? Not trying too be a smart butt ... I Wana know ?

ricepig

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2018, 08:01:11 pm »

How do you think he had a good spring when the coaches never mentioned him ? Not even when directly asked about the secondary ? Not trying too be a smart butt ... I Wana know ?

He's listed behind Ramirez on some depth charts by those who watched practices as media.

bphi11ips

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2018, 09:00:49 pm »

As rice said, he came out of Spring number 2 on the depth chart behind senior returning starter/captain Santos Ramirez.  I don't know about practices or what the coaches said about him, but I was at the Spring game, where he looked pretty good to me. He led safeties with 2.5 tackles. 

31to6

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2018, 09:05:48 pm »

As rice said, he came out of Spring number 2 on the depth chart behind senior returning starter/captain Santos Ramirez.  I don't know about practices or what the coaches said about him, but I was at the Spring game, where he looked pretty good to me. He led safeties with 2.5 tackles. 
Ramirez is a good player. He has a fire that most of our defense lacked last year combined with a nasty attitude and a head for the football.

Montaric may have more raw natural ability, but it is no indictment on his abilities to be behind a player like Santos.

bphi11ips

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2018, 09:30:14 pm »

Ramirez is a good player. He has a fire that most of our defense lacked last year combined with a nasty attitude and a head for the football.

Montaric may have more raw natural ability, but it is no indictment on his abilities to be behind a player like Santos.

Exactly.

RaisinHog

• Hogvillian
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2018, 09:36:50 pm »

I'm not one too be a Debbie downer but I just wish we would have heard more praise on him I mean it's great that he made the unofficial 2 deep .. but we have very few scholarship saftey types on our roster... I just keep remembering back too when coach was asked about the saftey position at the end of spring ball and he mentioned depth being a problem .. talked about Smith and the 2 starters and then being excited about the kid from Alabama coming .. but on the bright side he is a red shirt fresh and has plenty of time too still turn out ..

Cure

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Hogfan at Ohio State Univ
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2018, 07:26:30 am »

He's a RS Freshman playing in one of the greatest conferences in all of football and he came in light. Give him some time to get a full off-season in.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas