• 9,980,339 Posts
• 400,530 Topics
• 22,947 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: Treylon Burks...*Committed to Arkansas*  (Read 49188 times)

woopig870

• Walk-On
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
Treylon Burks...*Committed to Arkansas*
« on: July 11, 2018, 09:41:52 am »

Any word on his recruitment? Someone called in the Buzz and said he was looking more at Clemson & LSU. Not sure how true that is, but we haven't heard a whole lot concerning his recruitment.

Treylon Burks
WR | Warren, AR | 6'3" | 220 lbs | Committed

Composite Rating:  .96 ****
24/7 Profile
Rivals Profile
HUDL

https://m.soundcloud.com/user-664111694/8118-bo-hembree
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 02:34:07 pm by SPAL »

PharmacistHog

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Gameday Goon
Re: Treylon Burks
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2018, 09:44:47 am »

I feel pretty good about Burks. 

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

LRrazorback

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2018, 09:49:33 am »

1Stunna is your man concerning Burks. What say you Stunna?

ricepig

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2018, 09:49:48 am »

He's coming up to the BBQ with Miller. He could commit tomorrow, or in February. I don't think anyone knows what he's thinking, or his timeline. Those that are paid to have an opinion think we're in good shape with him, but since he doesn't say much, no one really knows.

Deep Shoat

• All-American Hogvillian
  • The Artist formerly known as Hong Kong Sooey
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2018, 09:50:37 am »

Burks will be a Hog.  He just doesnít care to play the recruiting game.  Donít sweat it and let him enjoy his Sr year.

PharmacistHog

• Global Moderator
  • Gameday Goon
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2018, 09:55:09 am »

Burks will be a Hog.  He just doesnít care to play the recruiting game.  Donít sweat it and let him enjoy his Sr year.

parallaxpig

• Senior
  • Man that ball got outta here in a hurry.
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2018, 09:55:35 am »

I thought worrying about things out of our control were prerequisites to post here.

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2018, 09:55:53 am »

I know him and Miller have recently visited LSU. I personally and couple people closer to him believe he eventually calls the hogs. Momma does like LSU though. He wants to play with Miller who does not have an LSU or Clemson offer. And his first love is baseball, and I have been told that he does have an Arkansas offer to play baseball. Dont expect any big news until after his senior season.

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2018, 09:57:42 am »

And Miller has recentyl posted some Arkansas stuff on his IG which is encouraging!!

tusked

• Clapton is god....but SRV was the big bang!
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2018, 10:01:50 am »

I get mom likes LSU but why?  right now at LSU it's where WR and QBs go to die and never to be heard from again.

Their offense is worse than what BB put on the field last year, and that's saying a lot.

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2018, 10:05:24 am »

I get mom likes LSU but why?  right now at LSU it's where WR and QBs go to die and never to be heard from again.

Their offense is worse than what BB put on the field last year, and that's saying a lot.
I dont have the answer to this question...maybe because they are a better program overall, maybe because its about the same distace as Arkansas, maybe because of Beckham and Landry NFL success... I wish LSU was further away than it is though. lol... I know he has made it clear he wants to stay close to grandma and its about the same to Fayetteville as Baton Rouge.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 10:22:45 am by #1 STUNNA »

Deep Shoat

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2018, 10:11:12 am »

Mamas donít shive a git about stuff like that.  She likes it that LSU is close to home.

Pinto

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2018, 11:08:49 am »

A lot of black LSU fans in South Arkansas

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2018, 11:11:17 am »

A lot of black LSU fans in South Arkansas
alot of LSU fans in general in South Ark

tusked

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2018, 11:20:29 am »

Mamas donít shive a git about stuff like that.  She likes it that LSU is close to home.

Fayetteville is 30 minutes closer to Warren than BR with more interstate roads.

TexasRazorback

• Senior
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2018, 11:22:02 am »

QB's yes, WR's you're wrong. They just had a WR taken in the 2nd rd this year. Even if they dont have a QB to throw to them they will get noticed and drafted with the LSU on the helmet. There is a long history of quality WR's coming out of LSU

tusked

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2018, 11:27:13 am »

QB's yes, WR's you're wrong. They just had a WR taken in the 2nd rd this year. Even if they dont have a QB to throw to them they will get noticed and drafted with the LSU on the helmet. There is a long history of quality WR's coming out of LSU

I know there have been WRs coming out of LSU since Jesus kicked his first football.  I'm talking about over the last 5 years.

Right now they have another new OC and have been in an offensive mess for a while. 

The point is the hogs are now running an offense that 'features' WRs and LSU runs 'something not yet identified'

I don't agree that a WR at LSU would get the nod over a WR at AR because of the helmet.  It's about production and talent.

AirWarren

• Uncommonly, Unfinished Business.
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2018, 11:31:53 am »

He's coming up to the BBQ with Miller. He could commit tomorrow, or in February. I don't think anyone knows what he's thinking, or his timeline. Those that are paid to have an opinion think we're in good shape with him, but since he doesn't say much, no one really knows.

Burks is close to his family in Warren. Especially grandma. He has been seen wearing hog gear before. He has also said that he has one goal right now. Thatís finish his season out with a state title and he will announce sometime after the season is over. And he wants to see what coach Morris does with the hogs.

I think we have a 85% chance of getting him. We need coach Morris and Arkansas to have a good year. He is a hometown guy who loves being close to home so I think we have as good as shot as anyone.

AirWarren

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2018, 11:33:54 am »

Because. His mom is a year younger than me. And when we were coming up, Arkansas football was in the dumps and LSU was all the rage. Kind of like Clemson is now. Arkansas was easy to dislike by some. I think that has a lot to do with it. Generational era as to who was dominating in the time when we were in school.

TexasRazorback

• Senior
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2018, 11:33:57 am »

I know there have been WRs coming out of LSU since Jesus kicked his first football.  I'm talking about over the last 5 years.

Right now they have another new OC and have been in an offensive mess for a while. 

The point is the hogs are now running an offense that 'features' WRs and LSU runs 'something not yet identified'

I don't agree that a WR at LSU would get the nod over a WR at AR because of the helmet.  It's about production and talent.

I agree with you that the last few years they haven't produced the offensive talent that they are use too producing out of LSU but they still have a reputation of having stud athletes. And I didn't mean to infer that a WR at LSU would get a nod over a WR at AR because of the helmet, I just was saying that the history of athletes out of LSU usually gets them a look because of the talent that school has produced.

AirWarren

« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2018, 11:36:56 am »

Iíll match your LSU WRís with:

Hometown successes That played at Arkansas.
Jay Wright.
Chris Gragg.
Greg childs.

All of which have worked out or have worked with Treylon before. He also has mentors named Roshaun fellows and Bret smith. Who may not tell him to choose Arkansas but can tell him what can happen if he chooses another school over his home state. And Roshaun is still very close to the Warren athletic program.

I think Arkansas is in good shape.

TexasRazorback

• Senior
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2018, 11:39:43 am »

Iíll match your LSU WRís with:

Hometown successes That played at Arkansas.
Jay Wright.
Chris Gragg.
Greg childs.

All of which have worked out or have worked with Treylon before. He also has mentors named Roshaun fellows and Bret smith. Who may not tell him to choose Arkansas but can tell him what can happen if he chooses another school over his home state. And Roshaun is still very close to the Warren athletic program.

I think Arkansas is in good shape.

I can go pull WR's out of LSU too, I was not saying we have bad WR's or a bad track record. was just saying regardless of the years, LSU does have talent on the Outside

AirWarren

« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2018, 11:39:55 am »

alot of LSU fans in general in South Ark

Yup.

From Warren to:
Fayetteville is 5 hours.

Baton Rouge is 6 hours and 46 minutes.

Like you, I wish LSU was further away though ha.

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2018, 11:40:18 am »

AP85 is the GOAT!!!!

AirWarren

« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2018, 11:40:59 am »

I can go pull WR's out of LSU too, I was not saying we have bad WR's or a bad track record. was just saying regardless of the years, LSU does have talent on the Outside

Again. These kids(still kids to me...5 years younger than me)visit the field house often and have a relationship with current warren players.

Thatís your difference. Donít think Odell Beckham comes to Warren to workout with them in the summer like Chris and Jay do.

AirWarren

« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2018, 11:42:35 am »

AP85 is the GOAT!!!!

Iím just a kid from Warren

Lol.

ricepig

« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2018, 11:43:28 am »

Lol.

Got the kid part right, lol

AirWarren

« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2018, 11:44:11 am »

Got the kid part right, lol

I got two things right. Come on man

Mark it down ha.

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2018, 11:44:16 am »

Lol.
Gods Town!!!

AirWarren

« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2018, 11:45:38 am »

PharmacistHog

• Global Moderator
  • Gameday Goon
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2018, 11:47:26 am »

tusked

« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2018, 11:51:04 am »

What does Bret Smith think about leaving AR?  I remember watching TN recruiting report when Fulmer was running through the new players.   Said he was really surprised they got Bret because they hadn't heard from him in over a month before signing and then out of no where he signed.

Not getting into the do's and don'ts about his pick, just wonder what he would tell Burks after all this time?

I thought Fellows wanted to sign with the hogs but couldn't get in 'grades'.  So didn't he want to be a hog?  Don't remember where he went, thought ASU.

AirWarren

« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2018, 12:05:45 pm »

What does Bret Smith think about leaving AR?  I remember watching TN recruiting report when Fulmer was running through the new players.   Said he was really surprised they got Bret because they hadn't heard from him in over a month before signing and then out of no where he signed.

Not getting into the do's and don'ts about his pick, just wonder what he would tell Burks after all this time?

I thought Fellows wanted to sign with the hogs but couldn't get in 'grades'.  So didn't he want to be a hog?  Don't remember where he went, thought ASU.

Terrance Hampton committed to hogs. Didnít have grades. Wanted to play there.

Roshaun has the grades. So did Bret. Fulmer let his players run amuck.

I saw Bret at our 10 year reunion. Never thought to ask him what he thought of his recruitment. I know Bo and Houston never really meshed.

The_Boot_stops_here

« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2018, 12:07:29 pm »

agreed

Deep Shoat

« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2018, 12:22:42 pm »

Fayetteville is 30 minutes closer to Warren than BR with more interstate roads.
And Red Stick is a million miles closer to Warren, culturally, than Fayetteville.

GuvHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Proud Hog Supporter!!!
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2018, 01:28:08 pm »

Terrance Hampton committed to hogs. Didn’t have grades. Wanted to play there.

Roshaun has the grades. So did Bret. Fulmer let his players run amuck.

I saw Bret at our 10 year reunion. Never thought to ask him what he thought of his recruitment. I know Bo and Houston never really meshed.

Yeah, that stems from what happened with a Former Lumberjack QB who was too slow to play at the U of A but was mistakenly offered a scholarship without Nutt's approval by a rogue U of A assistant coach. Nutt rescinded the offer and apologized for the misunderstanding but Bo took it personally. That rogue assistant was fired the next year after pulling the same stunt at another High School.

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Roastin da bomb in Fayettenam.
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2018, 05:20:31 pm »

And Red Stick is a million miles closer to Warren, culturally, than Fayetteville.
100,000,000% more, huh? sure about that? So, like, they have 5,000,000 black barbers there, for instance? How many rap stations?  ::)

HOGKING

« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2018, 05:36:40 pm »

Yeah, that stems from what happened with a Former Lumberjack QB who was too slow to play at the U of A but was mistakenly offered a scholarship without Nutt's approval by a rogue U of A assistant coach. Nutt rescinded the offer and apologized for the misunderstanding but Bo took it personally. That rogue assistant was fired the next year after pulling the same stunt at another High School.

He was too slow to hand off? That is slow. I guess you're talking about Reid Mckinney?

PharmacistHog

• Global Moderator
  • Gameday Goon
« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2018, 05:43:09 pm »

He was too slow to hand off? That is slow. I guess you're talking about Reid Mckinney?

That's who he is talking about.

AirWarren

« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2018, 05:47:37 pm »

Not sure about that accuracy of that story.

Iím from warren though. What do I know.

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2018, 06:28:26 pm »

Best QB to come out of Warren.

Al Boarland

« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2018, 06:45:10 pm »

How recent was his trip to LSU? The easiest thing to do if you don't want to play the recruiting game is to commit and let everyone know you have no interest in other schools.

My guess is he is waiting to see a few things.

JackJohnson

« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2018, 07:33:53 pm »

How recent was his trip to LSU? The easiest thing to do if you don't want to play the recruiting game is to commit and let everyone know you have no interest in other schools.

My guess is he is waiting to see a few things.

Agreed.  Easiest way to have everyone stop calling all the time (including the school you commit to to a certain extent) is to commit and shut it down and then sign early.  Otherwise you are just extending it and making it that more more of a distraction

Al Boarland

« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2018, 07:40:28 pm »

Agreed.  Easiest way to have everyone stop calling all the time (including the school you commit to to a certain extent) is to commit and shut it down and then sign early.  Otherwise you are just extending it and making it that more more of a distraction

Exactly.

HOGKING

« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2018, 08:25:00 pm »

I remember him being really good. I always wondered why he didn't get an offer.

AirWarren

« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2018, 09:06:34 pm »

Yíall got it all figured out.

PharmacistHog

• Global Moderator
  • Gameday Goon
« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2018, 09:49:35 pm »

Not sure about that accuracy of that story.

Iím from warren though. What do I know.

I didnít say it was accurate. Iím from hermitage so Iím outta the loop though.

razorback44

« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2018, 12:34:28 am »

I know him and Miller have recently visited LSU. I personally and couple people closer to him believe he eventually calls the hogs. Momma does like LSU though. He wants to play with Miller who does not have an LSU or Clemson offer. And his first love is baseball, and I have been told that he does have an Arkansas offer to play baseball. Dont expect any big news until after his senior season.

When did he visit LSU? I havenít seen that reported anywhere and I highly doubt that is something that could be kept quiet.

LAHogfan123

« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2018, 01:09:19 am »

Yup.

From Warren to:
Fayetteville is 5 hours.

Baton Rouge is 6 hours and 46 minutes.

Like you, I wish LSU was further away though ha.

I can easily get to Baton Rouge from Warren in less than 5 hours driving speed limit, what do you do, take a pee break every 5 minutes?

AirWarren

« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2018, 08:10:50 am »

I can easily get to Baton Rouge from Warren in less than 5 hours driving speed limit, what do you do, take a pee break every 5 minutes?

Take it up with google.

I donít venture and never had ventured down to that crap bowl.

So you win.   You got me.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 14   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas