• 9,887,611 Posts
• 398,317 Topics
• 22,810 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Who is next?  (Read 7691 times)

litmachog

• Hogvillian
  • Praise God From Whom All Things Come
Who is next?
« on: July 06, 2018, 09:32:45 pm »

Who is next to commit?  Clay?

WOOPIGDOOIE

• Senior
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
Re: Who is next?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2018, 10:03:57 pm »

He isn't suppose to commit until September. I think Zimos could be next, or a RB (Young or Barlow). A few names have floated around, but i dont think any stand out as the clear cut next commit. Hopefully 1 or 2 commit during the BBQ

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Hopeful Hog

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2018, 10:34:45 pm »

Clay who?

JIHawg

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2018, 10:48:51 pm »

We have a big weekend toward the end of July.  Should get some results from that.

WOOPIGDOOIE

• Senior
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2018, 11:12:58 pm »

Clay who?
Collin Clay. SDE from Oklahoma

WOOPIGDOOIE

• Senior
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2018, 05:44:54 am »

Zach Zimos, Trey Knox, Husdon Henry, and Treylon Burks all received CB picks to Arkansas yesterday. Treylon said in an interview that he wont make a decision until after his senior season, and i haven't heard when Hudson will make an announcement (hopefully during the BBQ). But i think Zimos and Knox will commit somewhere soon, and  it looks like its a good chance it will be to Arkansas

parallaxpig

• Senior
  • Man that ball got outta here in a hurry.
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2018, 07:11:15 am »

Zach Zimos, Trey Knox, Husdon Henry, and Treylon Burks all received CB picks to Arkansas yesterday. Treylon said in an interview that he wont make a decision until after his senior season, and i haven't heard when Hudson will make an announcement (hopefully during the BBQ). But i think Zimos and Knox will commit somewhere soon, and  it looks like its a good chance it will be to Arkansas

Well something has changed to spark all these favorable CBís to Hogs....

jhogg

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2018, 07:44:06 am »

Zach Zimos

Pork Ranger

• Senior
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2018, 07:55:46 am »

Looks like Hudson Henry has picked up 4 CBs over the last 2 days. Kinda funny because Danny West was on DTS yesterday harping on the fact that we wonít get everyone from AR. Then a few hours later he picks HH to AR.

Heís probably still right but I just figured Henry would be one he was speaking towards. Regardless,  WPS!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2018, 08:09:55 am by Pork Ranger »

DuvallFallsHog1975

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2018, 08:49:33 am »

Collin Clay. SDE from Oklahoma

Rumor is he is hoping for a scholarship offer from OU.

jackflash

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2018, 10:00:22 am »

don't know who will be next. just hope Arkansas kids start committing

tusked

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Clapton is god....but SRV was the big bang!
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2018, 02:03:22 pm »

I'd take Zach as the next commit in a heart beat.  I like his game a little better than Bumper's.

Can't blame Clay being where he lives so it's going to go down to the end with him.  He gets an OU offer he's there's, he doesn't he's a Hog.

imtad16

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2018, 03:14:03 pm »

Rumor is he is hoping for a scholarship offer from OU.

I would think that any kid from the state of Oklahoma and especially the Oklahoma City area would hope for this.

tusked

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2018, 04:15:06 pm »

I bet some of you didn't know CCM coached a Mackey award winner did ya?

presidenthog

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2018, 04:14:39 am »

I just checked this, and not only did all of them get CB's, but all of them got multiple CB's. Our average point ranking will skyrocket with these guys. It also could be a strong enough group to get Wilkins, and other instate guys who are shaky to pull the trigger.

I added all 4 of those guys to our list of commits and we would have an average rating of 88.98. Which 4 stars start at 89 I believe.

Take that into account with guys like soli, and Jefferson who are bound to be re-evaluated as 4 stars, and you can see that we are getting more quality guys than we have in a long time.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 05:10:07 am by presidenthog »

Hayden1865

« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2018, 12:54:04 pm »

Looks like Hudson Henry has picked up 4 CBs over the last 2 days. Kinda funny because Danny West was on DTS yesterday harping on the fact that we wonít get everyone from AR. Then a few hours later he picks HH to AR.

Heís probably still right but I just figured Henry would be one he was speaking towards. Regardless,  WPS!

Wilkins and Darious Thomas are who he's referring to. He has said before he thinks Stanford is a player for HH but he believes he ends up a Hog.

SooieGeneris

• Senior
  • You don't ever want to be chasin' speed..
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2018, 01:03:45 pm »

He should go to Stanford. Stanford education on top of being in an offense that features the TE would be a wiser choice than just staying home.

Shouldn't he go where HE and HIS FAMILY think is best for HIM? I get tired of people on the outside looking in, here and elsewhere, telling others what they should do or where they should go when they don't know (or care) what is best for that individual.

Let HIM decide, if Stanford is best for him, fine. If not we'd be happy to have him..

tusked

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2018, 10:33:20 pm »

How many Stanford TE have won the Mackey Award?

DuvallFallsHog1975

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2018, 02:30:12 am »

Maybe he considers his education to be important and thus Stanford is the obvious choice.

LAHogfan123

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2018, 04:59:27 am »

Maybe he considers his education to be important and thus Stanford is the obvious choice.

Maybe after College he decides that Arkansas is the place he will forever call his home, in that case, Arkansas would be the best choice education wise.  Arkansas is a top notch school to get and education from, and the biggest thing it has going for it is this, once you go there, the State takes care of you for life.

DuvallFallsHog1975

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2018, 05:07:49 am »

Maybe after College he decides that Arkansas is the place he will forever call his home, in that case, Arkansas would be the best choice education wise.  Arkansas is a top notch school to get and education from, and the biggest thing it has going for it is this, once you go there, the State takes care of you for life.

Maybe as great as this state is he has aspirations beyond Arkansas.

tusked

« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2018, 09:15:08 am »

That's not what the original post said, which I can't find by the way.  It said Stanford 'features' the TE.  Just pointing out Stanford doesn't feature the TE and hasn't since 2000.

Not going to debate a Stanford degree, living in Cali now, or the price fixing and over inflating of college by college presidents over the last 20 years.

tusksincolorado

• Aniston has nothing on me!
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2018, 09:21:11 am »

And that part of the country is pretty awesome as far as scenery and technology for a young college student....minus the politics.

AugustaHog

• All-American Hogvillian
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2018, 09:23:26 am »

That's not what the original post said, which I can't find by the way.  It said Stanford 'features' the TE.  Just pointing out Stanford doesn't feature the TE and hasn't since 2000.
I beg to differ.  Stanford definitely uses TEs more than most teams.  2 and 3 TE sets are pretty common.  They had 3 TEs catch double digit balls last year.  I think we will use TEs in this offense, but you will not see 3 TE sets and 2 will be a rarity.  We are going to have a stud receiving TE and his numbers are going to be pretty nasty if he's got the goods talent-wise, but you won't see several TEs with nasty numbers.  And that's ok.  If you are a guy of Henry's ilk, you aren't worried about the guys behind you.

tusked

« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2018, 09:35:54 am »

I beg to differ.  Stanford definitely uses TEs more than most teams.  2 and 3 TE sets are pretty common.  They had 3 TEs catch double digit balls last year.  I think we will use TEs in this offense, but you will not see 3 TE sets and 2 will be a rarity.  We are going to have a stud receiving TE and his numbers are going to be pretty nasty if he's got the goods talent-wise, but you won't see several TEs with nasty numbers.  And that's ok.  If you are a guy of Henry's ilk, you aren't worried about the guys behind you.

They've never had a Mackey winner while the UA has had 2 and the current HC has had 1 at another school.

I know what kind of offense they run but the results don't show they are TEU like Arkansas.

AugustaHog

« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2018, 09:50:46 am »

They've never had a Mackey winner while the UA has had 2 and the current HC has had 1 at another school.

I know what kind of offense they run but the results don't show they are TEU like Arkansas.
You stated "features".  I didn't claim their history of TEs was better than ours because it's not.  What I would say is that they have been one of the handful of teams since Harbaugh/Shaw have been there, that use the hell out of the TE position.  You have seen how two vastly different coaches in Petrino/Bielema can effectively use the TE in completely different ways.  Henry will excel at Arkansas under a different coach/style in Morris.  Different means to the same end. To claim that Stanford doesn't "feature" TEs is mis-leading though.

tusked

« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2018, 09:53:25 am »

You stated "features".  I didn't claim their history of TEs was better than ours because it's not.  What I would say is that they have been one of the handful of teams since Harbaugh/Shaw have been there, that use the hell out of the TE position.  You have seen how two vastly different coaches in Petrino/Bielema can effectively use the TE in completely different ways.  Henry will excel at Arkansas under a different coach/style in Morris.  Different means to the same end. To claim that Stanford doesn't "feature" TEs is mis-leading though.

That's what someone posted 'featured' that got deleted.  Don't even know who posted it.

hawgtime

« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2018, 12:07:37 pm »

I just checked this, and not only did all of them get CB's, but all of them got multiple CB's. Our average point ranking will skyrocket with these guys. It also could be a strong enough group to get Wilkins, and other instate guys who are shaky to pull the trigger.

I added all 4 of those guys to our list of commits and we would have an average rating of 88.98. Which 4 stars start at 89 I believe.

Take that into account with guys like soli, and Jefferson who are bound to be re-evaluated as 4 stars, and you can see that we are getting more quality guys than we have in a long time.

I really thought it would take getting a few games under our belt to drive some quality commits.  I am not complaining. i just hope there is room for some STUDS who will want to come after seeing the exciting football that we will be playing.

razortrack

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2018, 11:01:33 pm »

Agree 100%. The Henry family have been a great Razorback family. If this young man believes Stanford is best, good luck to him. He will represent Arkansas well wherever he decides to go.

DuvallFallsHog1975

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2018, 05:14:26 am »

Agree 100%. The Henry family have been a great Razorback family. If this young man believes Stanford is best, good luck to him. He will represent Arkansas well wherever he decides to go.

Thank you for being rational. 

Seebs

« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2018, 07:20:51 am »

We hear of five players coming on board July 29th.  They will all have BBQ sauce still in their beards and cheeks when announcing. There will be much rejoicing.

Al Boarland

« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2018, 07:39:31 am »

We hear of five players coming on board July 29th.  They will all have BBQ sauce still in their beards and cheeks when announcing. There will be much rejoicing.

That's great news! Any 4*?

JackJohnson

« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2018, 08:14:06 am »

I think the Stanford education talk as a reason is nothing more than an excuse by our fans.  We said it about Solly Thomas, who was 3 and done and didnít graduate from there.  Add to it his own brother was 3 and out here and didnít get his degree either so there isnít any ďfamily pressureĒ to get an education.  Stud recruits who can be 3 and done donít care about an education, but rather which school is going to do a better job preparing them for life after college, which is the NFL. 

We simply have to do a better job of recruiting him on the opportunities he will have here as a football player to prepare him for the NFL then Stanford does

Seebs

« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2018, 08:20:05 am »

That's great news! Any 4*?
Which service? I know there will be at least a 1 star poster afterwards. Your posts are cancerous.

Al Boarland

« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2018, 08:38:30 am »

Which service? I know there will be at least a 1 star poster afterwards. Your posts are cancerous.

Setting aside your insult. I typically reference the 24/7 composite.

Al Boarland

« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2018, 08:39:38 am »

I think the Stanford education talk as a reason is nothing more than an excuse by our fans.  We said it about Solly Thomas, who was 3 and done and didnít graduate from there.  Add to it his own brother was 3 and out here and didnít get his degree either so there isnít any ďfamily pressureĒ to get an education.  Stud recruits who can be 3 and done donít care about an education, but rather which school is going to do a better job preparing them for life after college, which is the NFL. 

We simply have to do a better job of recruiting him on the opportunities he will have here as a football player to prepare him for the NFL then Stanford does

You can get your degree in 3 years. If you don't you can go back and finish.

Seebs

« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2018, 09:04:06 am »

Setting aside your insult. I typically reference the 24/7 composite.
You confuse insults with observations.  You are this boards electron.

ReservoirHog

« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2018, 09:53:27 am »

Stud recruits who can be 3 and done donít care about an education, but rather which school is going to do a better job preparing them for life after college, which is the NFL. 

I would love to see you substantiate this ridiculous claim with factual evidence you've collected from such players.

AirWarren

• Uncommonly, Unfinished Business.
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2018, 09:54:45 am »

Maybe as great as this state is he has aspirations beyond Arkansas.

Which there is zero wrong with that.

AirWarren

• Uncommonly, Unfinished Business.
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2018, 09:55:57 am »

Honestly, who cares. A Stanford education is far better than anything we can offer him.

I think he chooses Arkansas though. Unless he wants to be close to his brother.

ricepig

« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2018, 10:23:52 am »

Honestly, who cares. A Stanford education is far better than anything we can offer him.

Which brother?

KlubhouseKonnected

• OOOOhh, GOOD FOR YOU!
« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2018, 01:10:55 pm »

Which brother?

The famous millionaire

bphi11ips

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I need help with my footwork, too.
« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2018, 03:08:37 pm »

Stanford offers him a better brand. He can get a pretty fine education in how to invest his first round NFL signing bonus at the Walton School of Business.

Stanford offers him 3 or 4 years in Silicon Valley. Arkansas can serve him an entire state on a platter for a lifetime.

He is a legacy at Arkansas.

Hog and Eggs

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2018, 03:30:34 pm »

Let me ask, for awhile it seemed like we were heavy on Trevor Roberson. What happened with him all of a sudden going with Tech?

SSFrazorback

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2018, 04:53:19 pm »

LOL, itís nine hours from Stanford to San Diego. Thatís not close.

WOOPIGDOOIE

• Senior
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2018, 04:53:54 pm »

Let me ask, for awhile it seemed like we were heavy on Trevor Roberson. What happened with him all of a sudden going with Tech?
That is his home team, and i think he had a relative on the team.

LL COOL HOG

« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2018, 05:39:26 pm »

LOL, itís nine hours from Stanford to San Diego. Thatís not close.
The Chargers are in LA now. So it is closer to 6 hours.

SSFrazorback

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2018, 05:52:13 pm »

I stand corrected but itís still not close.

Al Boarland

« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2018, 08:45:35 pm »

You confuse insults with observations.  You are this boards electron.
It's rare that I'm confused. Your perception is not reality.

#hammerdown

« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2018, 09:02:11 pm »

My birthday.  That would be a great gift 😁🐗🏈
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas