• 9,968,200 Posts
• 400,243 Topics
• 22,937 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Razorbacks getting cut  (Read 7923 times)

HogsBalls

Razorbacks getting cut
« on: July 06, 2018, 07:23:22 pm »

Saw this photo of Devwah on his twitter page. I'm as pessimistic as they come given the information we received from Bielema when Herbert was hired and he started telling us about body change. Last year Devwah looked as out of shape as any running back I've seen. Apparently though, it looks as if the players are working hard and getting cut with Coach Tru.

ricepig

Re: Razorbacks getting cut
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2018, 07:36:19 pm »

"I actually didn’t put on a lot of weight between year one and two. I was pretty much the same size, but balancing muscle and body fat was my issue,” Whaley said. “From then to now, I have lost a lot of body fat and put on more muscle. I want to continue working on my body and my mindset as there is also room for improvement.”

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2018/jul/06/whaley-inspired-lead-running-backs-group/

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

bigpigpimpin

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2018, 09:09:46 pm »

Well since we have now learned that conditioning drills were just about optional with the last regime....not surprised.

bphi11ips

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I need help with my footwork, too.
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2018, 09:33:24 pm »

"I actually didn’t put on a lot of weight between year one and two. I was pretty much the same size, but balancing muscle and body fat was my issue,” Whaley said. “From then to now, I have lost a lot of body fat and put on more muscle. I want to continue working on my body and my mindset as there is also room for improvement.”

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2018/jul/06/whaley-inspired-lead-running-backs-group/

I started to post that article this morning. Great quotes and read.

HognitiveDissonance

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2018, 09:48:06 pm »

I'm equal opportunity.
So just as I laugh at the posters who, every year, start gushing about 'so-and-so is dominating the pickup games' and getting all excited....I will also poke fun at this. Every summer we get reports of 'so-and-so is working wonders in the weight room'.

EVERY SINGLE YEAR.

I'm not THAT old, but I'm too old to fall for this stuff.
I don't care about pickup games.
I don't care about a bench press.
I don't care about practice reports.

Mind you...no offense intended. Honestly, sometimes I read a nugget here or there and conclude it actually means something. But most times, it doesn't. Just sayin'.

I draw my only conclusions from watching real games.

Großer Kriegschwein

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Is it football season yet?
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2018, 09:58:15 pm »

Welcome to the avatar world Dr. Scrooge.

JIHawg

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2018, 10:44:25 pm »

It is possible that a new coaching staff can bring a change in culture, such that players take summer workouts serious and lots of players are regulars in the weight room.

But we used to get before and after photos on here in Bielema's tenure too.  Like someone said, wins baby.  Then we can believe the glowing reports.

Iwastherein1969

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Seven of Nine says '69 is closer to 9 than to 7
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2018, 10:52:14 pm »

Whatever happened to those "Body by Herb" pictures that were scattered all over Hogville when the Hump Backed whale showed up in early December 2012 to coach our team. We were all drinking Kool-Aid left and right and most of us even thought how innovative and brilliant it was that we shoved carbs down the throats of the players at half time with a buffet of peanut butter and jelly sammiches. When I think of how inebriated on the red Kool-Aid I was early in the Bert Big Boy time at the UA, I can't help but think of how gullible I was. Sickening.

Arkansas has always been better, especially on defense when we were smaller but had faster and quicker players. We watched Bert create a Big 10 team (a very average one at that) from what had been an SEC team built on speed and finesse. I'm so glad we are heading back to our roots with Coach M. Dude knows exactly what he wants from this team and all of his teams. No matter what happens, at least our new coach has a blueprint which does NOT include making us into the Iowa Hawkeyes.

Bacons Rebellion

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2018, 07:00:15 am »

Without looking at any before / after photos or listening to Kool-Aid induced claims, we could all see one thing that as consistent in all of Bielema's tenure. From his game #4 against Rutger to game #63 against Missouri, and most losses in between, we blew big 2nd /Half 4th quarter leads. This happened so often, it was not chance. It passed every statistical test with "Bielema sucks in the second half." I'll spare us the math.

There are only three explanations. 1) Our coaching staff's competence disappeared at halftime. 2) Lack of depth. 3) Lack of conditioning. Since we collapsed with entirely different sets of assistants, I'm going to rule out #1 (although I suspect you know who contributed. We can't address #2 immediately, only through recruiting. Better conditioning addresses both #2 and 3#, so I'm happy to hear reports that emphasize progress in conditioning over press pounds and photos.

EastTNHog

• Varsity
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2018, 07:52:09 am »

SAdly it happened to Alex Collins too. I remember seeing him with, what appeared to be, his best stab at a beer belly, and was thinking he looked way out of shape. Amazing what proper conditioning in the NFL did to him.

LRrazorback

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2018, 08:08:01 am »

I'm equal opportunity.
So just as I laugh at the posters who, every year, start gushing about 'so-and-so is dominating the pickup games' and getting all excited....I will also poke fun at this. Every summer we get reports of 'so-and-so is working wonders in the weight room'.

EVERY SINGLE YEAR.

Mind you...no offense intended. Honestly, sometimes I read a nugget here or there and conclude it actually means something. But most times, it doesn't. Just sayin'.

Then I'm sure like everyone else, you conclude we were horribly out of shape the past five years. So something new is a welcome change.

havok

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2018, 08:18:46 am »

Those halftime PB&J sandwiches must have gone straight to the gut on some players.   

HogHomer

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2018, 09:31:33 am »

SAdly it happened to Alex Collins too. I remember seeing him with, what appeared to be, his best stab at a beer belly, and was thinking he looked way out of shape. Amazing what proper conditioning in the NFL did to him.
Sadly he did a lot of that himself. As a college coach theres not much you can do if your player decided to stop at the McDonald's every other day instead of eating the food that's provided for him by the atheletic department. If you tried to take away a 5-stars scholly because he ate too much you probably wouldn't have a job soon.

In the NFL it's either get to the desired weight or we cut you and move on to the next guy. So I can see why it was a little easier for Alex to build some self control.

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Roastin da bomb in Fayettenam.
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2018, 09:41:52 am »

Well, if Herb were actually worth a crap somebody would have snapped him up immediately.

ricepig

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2018, 09:52:42 am »

Well, if Herb were actually worth a crap somebody would have snapped him up immediately.

Yeah, like Michigan or someone similar.......

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Roastin da bomb in Fayettenam.
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2018, 09:54:01 am »

Yeah, like Michigan or someone similar.......
hush, you ruined it before it had time to simmer lol.

RaisinHog

• Hogvillian
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2018, 10:42:06 am »

Sadly he did a lot of that himself. As a college coach theres not much you can do if your player decided to stop at the McDonald's every other day instead of eating the food that's provided for him by the atheletic department. If you tried to take away a 5-stars scholly because he ate too much you probably wouldn't have a job soon.

In the NFL it's either get to the desired weight or we cut you and move on to the next guy. So I can see why it was a little easier for Alex to build some self control.

This is accurate

The Kig

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Hogville Heroes
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2018, 10:43:09 am »

Go figure... a chance to be "the guy" as main RB and make it to the NFL motivated a player to get in peak physical shape.  Must be the new staff. 

SooieGeneris

• Senior
  • You don't ever want to be chasin' speed..
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2018, 12:46:49 pm »

Without looking at any before / after photos or listening to Kool-Aid induced claims, we could all see one thing that as consistent in all of Bielema's tenure. From his game #4 against Rutger to game #63 against Missouri, and most losses in between, we blew big 2nd /Half 4th quarter leads. This happened so often, it was not chance. It passed every statistical test with "Bielema sucks in the second half." I'll spare us the math.

There are only three explanations. 1) Our coaching staff's competence disappeared at halftime. 2) Lack of depth. 3) Lack of conditioning. Since we collapsed with entirely different sets of assistants, I'm going to rule out #1 (although I suspect you know who contributed. We can't address #2 immediately, only through recruiting. Better conditioning addresses both #2 and 3#, so I'm happy to hear reports that emphasize progress in conditioning over press pounds and photos.

It's easy to recall the many halftime leads we blew in the Bert era from as you stated the Rutgers game in 2013. I can only recall last year's OM game and CC when we came from behind in the 2nd half to win and we shouldn't have been behind CC in the first place.

What was startling is the point differential between our 1st and 2nd halves. Until the blown lead vs VA. Tech in the Bowl game 2 years ago, I didn't realize it was so drastic until Dr Jerry Punch pointed it out as the sideline reporter.

That was just for the 16 season, but that was a pattern for most of Bert's reign of error with the '15 season as maybe an exception.

It points to a lack of halftime adjustments or conditioning or both. In our case it was BOTH IMO.

HogPharmer

« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2018, 12:51:35 pm »

It's easy to recall the many halftime leads we blew in the Bert era from as you stated the Rutgers game in 2013. I can only recall last year's OM game and CC when we came from behind in the 2nd half to win and we shouldn't have been behind CC in the first place.

What was startling is the point differential between our 1st and 2nd halves. Until the blown lead vs VA. Tech in the Bowl game 2 years ago, I didn't realize it was so drastic until Dr Jerry Punch pointed it out as the sideline reporter.

That was just for the 16 season, but that was a pattern for most of Bert's reign of error with the '15 season as maybe an exception.

It points to a lack of halftime adjustments or conditioning or both. In our case it was BOTH IMO.

I believe those were the only 2 come from behind victories Bret had while he was here.

Dark Helmet Hog

• Now let's see how well you handle it...
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2018, 03:33:54 pm »

I trust nothing from the off season or practice reports at this point. The first game will say a lot.

jkstock04

« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2018, 05:32:40 pm »

Then I'm sure like everyone else, you conclude we were horribly out of shape the past five years. So something new is a welcome change.
There is a reason why the players all loved Bielema so much. He took it and made it very easy on them. Wasn't much in the way of conditioning going on.

HognitiveDissonance

« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2018, 07:47:39 pm »

No, I don't necessarily conclude that.
It's possible, but it's also possible our coaching staff didn't make the right adjustments during the games, and/or was far too conservative with big leads. In other words, coaching decisions during the course of ball games that led to a pattern of lost big leads. Failure to close out games.

The A&M series was the epitomy of the Bielema era. Coulda/shoulda won 3 of the 5 games, possibly four. Ended up losing all 5. We found a way to lose every single year. Just poor coaching is all I can say. On the flip side, in 2011, we were getting our hineys handed to us at halftime 35-17 yet our coaches made the right adjustments at halftime and came back to win 42-38. But they had Mike Sherman. Mike Sherman = Bret Bielema, just average coaches.

So yea, could be conditioning, I lean more towards poor decision making on the sidelines.

Hogindasticks

« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2018, 10:50:50 pm »

It is possible that a new coaching staff can bring a change in culture, such that players take summer workouts serious and lots of players are regulars in the weight room.

But we used to get before and after photos on here in Bielema's tenure too.  Like someone said, wins baby.  Then we can believe the glowing reports.

All i can say is...with 2019 and the commits coming in...you better be working...or you will sit.

Skandar Jackson

• We've got a great idea. How about a snack?
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2018, 10:55:27 pm »

most of us even thought how innovative and brilliant it was that we shoved carbs down the throats of the players at half time with a buffet of peanut butter and jelly sammiches.
[/quote]

I hadn't heard this before.  What is the story on this?

Jackrabbit Hog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • 6/27/18: Just another layer of scar tissue
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2018, 11:21:33 pm »

I saw the title of this thread and assumed it was news from NFL camps. 

HogPharmer

« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2018, 11:28:51 pm »

most of us even thought how innovative and brilliant it was that we shoved carbs down the throats of the players at half time with a buffet of peanut butter and jelly sammiches.

I hadn't heard this before.  What is the story on this?

It’s true... I read it on here last year.... solid source

Skandar Jackson

« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2018, 06:49:12 am »

It’s true... I read it on here last year.... solid source

No offense but I'd like to see something a little more solid on this than you saying you saw it from a solid source.  Seems fishy and I hate to be that way on a Sunday before church.

nwahogfan1

« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2018, 07:40:42 am »

There is a reason why the players all loved Bielema so much. He took it and made it very easy on them. Wasn't much in the way of conditioning going on.

BB had a likeable personality with his players and if you put that with a conditioning schedule that did not make them work as hard as the competition then you can see why many of his players were sad to see him go.     If we are not going to have better players than the competition in the best condition then you better have great depth so we can win games in the 4th.   We had neither.  So now instead of having 350 lb OLM who are spent in the 4th we can now have 305 lb OLM who are more conditioned than the competition and ready to answer the bell to carry out that last 2 minute drive for the winning score.    Players will see this in the fall.   At least I can hope we will see this in the fall.

Go hogs.

jkstock04

« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2018, 08:52:00 am »

BB had a likeable personality with his players and if you put that with a conditioning schedule that did not make them work as hard as the competition then you can see why many of his players were sad to see him go.     If we are not going to have better players than the competition in the best condition then you better have great depth so we can win games in the 4th.   We had neither.  So now instead of having 350 lb OLM who are spent in the 4th we can now have 305 lb OLM who are more conditioned than the competition and ready to answer the bell to carry out that last 2 minute drive for the winning score.    Players will see this in the fall.   At least I can hope we will see this in the fall.

Go hogs.
The entire culture of our program was an absolute disease if looking at it from a winning games stand point. These kids were upset and mad as hell that he got fired. If they had it their way we wouldve just kept on a going exactly the same. Jeff Long and then Bret Bielema created this culture. A good portion of the fan base bought in 100% as well.

The past 6 years has been like an everlasting episode of the Twilight Zone.

The NewEra

« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2018, 09:27:01 am »

I believe a football team as a whole takes on the personality of the head coach.  If a coach is emotionally fragile or weak, laid back and undisciplined, then the team over time adopts those characteristics.  We can look at all the previous coaches weaknesses and see those same poor lifestyle characteristics in his team. They became more pronounced over time.  By the time 2017 rolled around only a very few players on the team had the maturity to drive themselves forward despite the poor examples being set at the top.  Frank Ragnow personified a kid who was driven and wasn't going to follow the pack of underachievers.  A few of those like Ragnow remain and will be the heart and soul of this years team.  The coaches have been talking about them.

I already see a major shift in the personality of this team.  I'm looking forward to seeing what that looks like on game day.  I suspect we've seen the last Razorback football team to just roll over and call it quits for some time to come.

Beaverfever

• Your site for Razorback news.
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2018, 11:26:24 am »

The tales of how jacked players get with the new strength and conditioning coach every year are hard to resist.  I think we all know they’re bs deep down but we love them anyways.  You don’t have to be Ronnie Coleman to come up with a workout/nutrition program that will make a bunch of SEC football players look jacked.  Half of the time you probably need to be careful that they’re not eating/lifting too much. 

Biggus Piggus

• Escaped Journalist
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville: The mosh pit of Razorbackland
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2018, 03:50:30 pm »

Whatever happened to those "Body by Herb" pictures that were scattered all over Hogville when the Hump Backed whale showed up in early December 2012 to coach our team. We were all drinking Kool-Aid left and right and most of us even thought how innovative and brilliant it was that we shoved carbs down the throats of the players at half time with a buffet of peanut butter and jelly sammiches. When I think of how inebriated on the red Kool-Aid I was early in the Bert Big Boy time at the UA, I can't help but think of how gullible I was. Sickening.

Arkansas has always been better, especially on defense when we were smaller but had faster and quicker players. We watched Bert create a Big 10 team (a very average one at that) from what had been an SEC team built on speed and finesse. I'm so glad we are heading back to our roots with Coach M. Dude knows exactly what he wants from this team and all of his teams. No matter what happens, at least our new coach has a blueprint which does NOT include making us into the Iowa Hawkeyes.

It was too hard to believe that Bielema would train the speed out of them and go for useless bulk.

Too stupid. Unimaginable. We want good things to happen, but we're also reasonable. What Bielema did was unconscionable.

greenEGnHAWGS

• Another day in HV Paradise...
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2018, 05:30:00 pm »

I'm equal opportunity.

EVERY SINGLE YEAR.

While I DO completely understand what you’re saying. We’ve heard many times about the new regime will change everything and it’ll be 100x better, and how this player is excelling and killing it in practice...only to be disappointed.

Buuuut...it’s called the off-season. If someone is doing well, I want to hear about it. If there is a big change in coaching, I want to hear about it. I don’t think most take it as “we’re going to rule college football now” when we hear of something changing or someone doing well.

HognitiveDissonance

« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2018, 06:42:46 pm »

While I DO completely understand what you’re saying. We’ve heard many times about the new regime will change everything and it’ll be 100x better, and how this player is excelling and killing it in practice...only to be disappointed.

Buuuut...it’s called the off-season. If someone is doing well, I want to hear about it. If there is a big change in coaching, I want to hear about it. I don’t think most take it as “we’re going to rule college football now” when we hear of something changing or someone doing well.
I agree, I want to hear all news as well. I'll decide if it means anything, but I still would like to hear it.
Most times it's someone getting hyperbolic over nothing, but not always.
One example(out of many) comes to mind.
I remember in 2005 we started hearing some reports (I decided they were credible, considering sources, etc) how good Felix Jones looked in practice. (We all knew about DMac, the other freshman Jones was more of an unknown). Well, those reports turned out to be true, as we know how good Felix was in 'real games' too.

Of course, for every guy like that, there are several exaggerations.

goodguytex

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2018, 06:52:18 pm »

I trust nothing from the off season or practice reports at this point. The first game will say a lot.
I disagree... The 1st game of the 2nd season will say a lot, compared to the 1st game of year 1. What I want to see is improvement. I expect there to be a whole bunch of growing pains, and a lot of keystone cops moments this season. What I hope to see is the team playing more together as a unit, and showing improvement on both sides of the ball when next season begins.

This year is just getting everything in place, and setting the stage for the future. If Morris is really a good coach.

King Kong

« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2018, 06:57:54 pm »

I saw the title of this thread and assumed it was news from NFL camps.

Me as well

MuskogeeHogFan

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Nadine Coyle shakin it for the Hogs!!!!
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2018, 08:39:12 pm »

It was too hard to believe that Bielema would train the speed out of them and go for useless bulk.

Too stupid. Unimaginable. We want good things to happen, but we're also reasonable. What Bielema did was unconscionable.

I would agree with this. Who would have imagined? Doesn't even make sense, right? Especially in the SEC which is built on a combination of both size AND speed, not one or the other. I'll still say that I believe that he came in here thinking he could use a Wisconsin template for success in the SEC and be successful and by the time he realized how wrong that was, it was too late. I think that through year 3 he still thought he could get it done, lived in denial in year 4 and then came to grips with the true reality of the situation in year 5 after he had already lost the team from a mental standpoint. How a HC from a respected P-5 conference could be such a slow learner is beyond me. Tough lesson to learn and one that I believe, humbled Bielema.

JIHawg

« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2018, 08:44:47 pm »

I would agree with this. Who would have imagined? Doesn't even make sense, right? Especially in the SEC which is built on a combination of both size AND speed, not one or the other. I'll still say that I believe that he came in here thinking he could use a Wisconsin template for success in the SEC and be successful and by the time he realized how wrong that was, it was too late. I think that through year 3 he still thought he could get it done, lived in denial in year 4 and then came to grips with the true reality of the situation in year 5 after he had already lost the team from a mental standpoint. How a HC from a respected P-5 conference could be such a slow learner is beyond me. Tough lesson to learn and one that I believe, humbled Bielema.

I think when he realized in year 3 that his plan would not work, he resorted to chemical solutions, which further inhibited his ability to deal with it.  The weight gain came with this, his players had it all figured out and, consequently he lost them, and things just fell apart in years 4 and 5.

Al Boarland

« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2018, 09:08:03 pm »

All i can say is...with 2019 and the commits coming in...you better be working...or you will sit.

This. Pretty sure I read we have the highest point average 3 stars we've had in a while.

Dumb ole famrboy

• Hogvillian
  • Your site for Razorback news.
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2018, 03:54:53 am »

Yes but at this point it is a roster built for Big 10 football. Yes average at best but there is some exceptional Big 10 type talent on the roster. Coach M has to do what Coach B didn't. Adjust his schemes and philosophies to exploit those exceptional talents. Change is good - throwing the baby out with the bathwater no so much.

rzrbackramsfan

• "Winners never quit, quitters never win"
« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2018, 07:03:44 am »

We almost lost to the Chantelliers or whatever they’re called last year.

liljo

« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2018, 08:05:36 am »

I'm equal opportunity.

EVERY SINGLE YEAR.

Cool. So you only enjoy about 13 weeks a year of Razorbacks football...a lot fewer than that in these down years...that is absolutely fine. But, for those of us who want to be informed year round, this is a great article posted up.

HAD TO MODIFY: After reading some more of your posts, I see what you're saying now. It's not that you don't want to hear it, but that you don't draw conclusions from it. I'm with you all the way on that.

AugustaHog

« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2018, 08:20:49 am »

Well, I would say just from one picture that Whaley doesn't look as puffy as he did last year.  He looks strong and lean.  On the field in 2017, he looked a step slow.  It will be interesting to see if he gets that burst back that we saw when he was a true Fr.  He got to the hole quicker than the other backs back in '16 and it was missing last yr.  If he can build off what we saw his Fr year, he has a chance to live up to the hype from HS. 

Nashville Fan

• Welcome to next year!
« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2018, 08:55:41 am »

How many 4th quarter meltdowns did AR have the last 5 years?
1. Conditioning
2. Lack of Depth
3. Poor Coaching

Probably in that order.
When Bielema came he promised a team that would run over teams in the 4th quarter. Failed on all three.

nwahogfan1

« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2018, 08:59:49 am »

1. Conditioning
2. Lack of Depth
3. Poor Coaching

Probably in that order.
When Bielema came he promised a team that would run over teams in the 4th quarter. Failed on all three.

Totally agree.

nwahogfan1

« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2018, 09:06:46 am »

The tales of how jacked players get with the new strength and conditioning coach every year are hard to resist.  I think we all know they’re bs deep down but we love them anyways.  You don’t have to be Ronnie Coleman to come up with a workout/nutrition program that will make a bunch of SEC football players look jacked.  Half of the time you probably need to be careful that they’re not eating/lifting too much.

My understanding is many of our current players do not like all the running but are adjusting.  Without elite talent and depth at all positions we must work harder.  But I reserve my thoughts on if conditioning is working until results on the field.

Skandar Jackson

« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2018, 10:33:00 am »

1. Jelly sandwiches
2. Conditioning
3. Lack of Depth
4. Poor Coaching

Probably in that order.
When Bielema came he promised a team that would run over teams in the 4th quarter. Failed on all four.

Fixed that for you.

AugustaHog

« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2018, 11:04:27 am »

My understanding is many of our current players do not like all the running but are adjusting.  Without elite talent and depth at all positions we must work harder.  But I reserve my thoughts on if conditioning is working until results on the field.
To this, I say GOOD!  Working hard and busting your tail isn't supposed to be some fairy tale.  I agree with you, we have to out-work/out-execute teams that are more talented.  It's the only way you get to the point of being able to add more of those elite players.  These guys will enjoy this hard work and preparation, if and when they get the Ws.

jkstock04

« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2018, 09:11:35 pm »

Anyone remember the reports this time last year how hard the players were working to prove all the talking heads wrong? "This is the hardest the players have ever worked in all their lives, and they have a major chip on their shoulders." Talking close 2nd hand family accounts. Can't make some of this up.

Where we strived the most in the Bielema era was the offseason. That was the time for the program to really shine. PR campaign would really lay it on thick and purposfully divert away from actual on the field results. I've said it a million times and I'll say it again, so glad that era is behind us. Just ugly and awful stretch of several  years.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas