• 9,881,160 Posts
• 398,156 Topics
• 22,802 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Interesting  (Read 1861 times)

BannerMountainMan

Mike_e

• All-American Hogvillian
  • May the woo be with you
Re: Interesting
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2018, 03:01:11 pm »

Mad desperate for clicks.

Street corner stuff.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Dark Helmet Hog

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Now let's see how well you handle it...
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2018, 03:02:07 pm »

https://twitter.com/finebaum/status/1015320490796253185

Time will tell but I'd place a large wager he is very wrong. Maybe he's just trolling.

phadedhawg

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2018, 03:02:25 pm »

hard to imagine 100x less wins would even be possible. 

TazorTusk

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2018, 04:37:03 pm »

Bo Bounds is a sports radio host in Jackson, MS.  He is motivated to slam our coach because we are beginning to make inroads there and he is terrified that Mississippi athletes might start coming our way.

The young man on Richard's radio program last night -- I think from Moss Point, is a stud linebacker who likes MSU and Auburn a lot but who will probably come to Fayetteville for a visit.  That tells you all you need to know about Bounds's motivation.

I don't know much about Bo, but I'll guess that he is like someone described Finebaum a few years back.  If you gave him an enema you could bury him in a match box!!! 

Tazor

HenduHog

• Razorbacks: Hostile and mobile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2018, 05:42:15 pm »

Not sure how he came to THAT conclusion. Did he not see how we played last year? The last 2 years?

Finebum is a fool.

jgphillips3

• Life is too short for bad beer.
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2018, 06:50:04 pm »

“Bigger”.  He meant 100x bigger.  Just a typo...

factchecker

• RAZORBACKS OR NOTHING!
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2018, 07:48:21 pm »

https://twitter.com/finebaum/status/1015320490796253185

The guy who said it (Bo Bounds) covers Ole Miss.  Bielema owned the land sharts so he probably thinks Bret is a god.

HawgTide

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2018, 08:35:32 pm »

The guy who said it (Bo Bounds) covers Ole Miss.  Bielema owned the land sharts so he probably thinks Bret is a god.

The best thing I remember about Bo Bounds is the utterly shell shocked and completely stupefied look on his face after 4th and 25. He was on the field babbling and whining like a complete idiot...Priceless

RaisinHog

• Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2018, 08:54:01 pm »

We really don't know?? That's the scary thing about new coaches.. Bret had a much better resume coming in ..and he sucked so we shall see

Sho Nuff

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2018, 09:33:33 pm »

The best thing I remember about Bo Bounds is the utterly shell shocked and completely stupefied look on his face after 4th and 25. He was on the field babbling and whining like a complete idiot...Priceless
If there is video of this I would love to see it!!!

imtad16

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2018, 10:41:58 pm »

Hah sounds like something a fan would say not a media member.

Dwight_K_Shrute

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Follow @fakewallyhall.
    • Missing your favorite thread?  It's probably in Vents and Rumors
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2018, 12:04:44 am »

Bo's opinion probably comes from Dave Bartoo from CFB Matrix. Bartoo is a straight numbers guy/analyst and was not high on the Chad Morris hire based on stats and trends at SMU. He has some interesting stuff, and no dog in the hunt.

The numbers bear out being critical or not fond of the Morris hire. If he had left it at that it could at least be supported by numbers.  Saying Bert is 100x's better than CM cannot be supported by stats. Now first everyone must realize saying 100x's better is just hyperbole. But even saying much better is a bit absurd considering Bielema had the worst 5 year record of any coach in Arkansas history.  I mean when you go 0-13 in conference to start and 1-8 to fininish, that's pretty damn horrible.

Due to recency effect and his likable nature, non Arkansas guys may look at it and say it just didn't end well or was just one bad season. They forget it didn't start well either. The middle was so so and the end was almost as bad as the start.

Want to criticize the Chad Morris hire, fine, but if you are using Bert as your point of reference/watermark you lose all credibility and are just taking out your a$$

presidenthog

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2018, 12:55:49 am »

Bo's opinion probably comes from Dave Bartoo from CFB Matrix. Bartoo is a straight numbers guy/analyst and was not high on the Chad Morris hire based on stats and trends at SMU. He has some interesting stuff, and no dog in the hunt.

The numbers bear out being critical or not fond of the Morris hire. If he had left it at that it could at least be supported by numbers.  Saying Bert is 100x's better than CM cannot be supported by stats. Now first everyone must realize saying 100x's better is just hyperbole. But even saying much better is a bit absurd considering Bielema had the worst 5 year record of any coach in Arkansas history.  I mean when you go 0-13 in conference to start and 1-8 to fininish, that's pretty damn horrible.

Due to recency effect and his likable nature, non Arkansas guys may look at it and say it just didn't end well or was just one bad season. They forget it didn't start well either. The middle was so so and the end was almost as bad as the start.

Want to criticize the Chad Morris hire, fine, but if you are using Bert as your point of reference/watermark you lose all credibility and are just taking out your a$$

Bartoo loved bert. Basically said he was worth 2 extra wins a year. Bartoo is garbage.

Bo bounds is the Mattingly of Mississippi

East TN HAWG

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2018, 07:29:15 am »

The truth is CCM does not yet have a record as a college coach.  This opinion would be shared by 90% of college football fans outside of Arkansas.   

I believe that CBB was probably a better coach 10 years ago,  but the game is changing.  I think CCM is more of a modern coach.

jhogg

• Bench Warmer
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2018, 07:42:04 am »

correct me if i'm wrong but thought coach morris was the HC at smu

HogPharmer

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2018, 08:44:03 am »

correct me if i'm wrong but thought coach morris was the HC at smu

You’re not wrong

HappyFan

« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2018, 08:54:31 am »

He was probably one of those that thought they stole the nutter from us too.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas