• 396,405 Topics
• 22,588 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Up to this point in time, what are your feelings towards Nolan Richardson?  (Read 5480 times)

MakingPlays

• Varsity
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net

Nolan Richardson court!!!

Nolan Richardson Court!!!!!

MakingPlays

• Varsity

I've lived in Arkansas long enough to know about the 5% turds and a-holes in the fanbase that Nolan had to deal with. You guys don't represent the vast majority of Razorback fans, white and black, who I meet.

This would have been the perfect post to close the thread out on.  I could see HognitiveDissonance reaction reading it now.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

redneckfriend

• Senior

I'll give you that. You're right. I retract that.
I don't recall some of these same people defending Heath that much.
But, on the flip side, you will defend Nolan and Anderson to the death. And I mean, to the death. No one is allowed to comment or even question MA without being accosted online and being accused of being racist. I've read it for years in Jump Ball, don't act like it doesn't happen. 
I don't see any of these same people falling on their sword for any white coaches.
And, as demonstrated in this same thread, these same people are completely ignorant or disinterested in what other very successful white coaches have done. If Nolan didn't do it, it doesn't matter. You don't give a rip about McDonnell, and no one has yet to explain how Nolan was a better coach than Broyles, who was a football coach(according to some, it has to be a so-called 'major' sport to matter. Ok, so I gave you a major sport's coach. Explain your rationale)

So don't give me the 'who, me?' line by saying 'I' am bringing up race. Just sayin'....

Not a good post regarding Anderson. Anderson is certainly no Richardson- no one probably ever will be-but he has done a reasonably good job at Arkansas. If he could recruit a little better he would probably do an outstanding job. But when I see criticism of Anderson it seems a little more vitriolic than necessary, a little more aggressive than his "sins" seem to warrant and I can't help but think there is some unacknowledged racism, conscious or unconscious, behind it so it seems to me perfectly acceptable for those who think he has done okay, if not great, to call that out. Seems this post gets the cart before the horse on the Anderson/race question.

The real Hogules

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • My Hogs are bad ass!

Nolan's Razorback teams brought me joy unmatched by ANYTHING Razorbacks related in my lifetime. Nolan and Rose are good people and I am proud to call them Arkansans.

razorback1829

Nolan's Razorback teams brought me joy unmatched by ANYTHING Razorbacks related in my lifetime. Nolan and Rose are good people and I am proud to call them Arkansans.

I think majority of fans feel this way.

HognitiveDissonance

• All-American Hogvillian

You have exposed yourself as a racist in this thread. You have made many stupid remarks in here and though you have apologized for some of it, that doesnít remove the stain.

You get whipped in the Nolan - McDonnell comparison and made racist comments in the process and now you divert to another Razorback legend. At this point, I donít care how you feel about any of our coaches since you have now come out of the closet in this thread.
Let's see...I'm fully aware of 'UA Sports History' and all the teams/coaches that have passed through the Hill. I know who has coached here and what they accomplished.
You're not aware or interested in much of anything except Nolan and Mike Anderson.
I point that out, yet somehow I'm the racist.
I think you have that backwards.

HognitiveDissonance

I've lived in Arkansas long enough to know about the 5% turds and a-holes in the fanbase that Nolan had to deal with. You guys don't represent the vast majority of Razorback fans, white and black, who I meet.
This whole thread is about the 5% t**** in the fanbase who worship one coach, and don't really give a flip about anyone else, and to the detriment of the program moving forward.
They don't care what any other coach did, even if they also won national championships.
It's all about Nolan banner, Nolan statue, Nolan court, Nolan street, having Nolan's assistant as the coach, Nolan park, and why not rename the University for Nolan too.
I appreciate what Nolan did here too, and have even met the man, but I'm a UA fan more than a Nolan fan, or Frank fan, or John fan, or Eddie fan, or Petrino fan, etc

HognitiveDissonance

Some of you guys don't represent the Razorback fans I know either, white or black. Thank goodness.

HognitiveDissonance

Not a good post regarding Anderson. Anderson is certainly no Richardson- no one probably ever will be-but he has done a reasonably good job at Arkansas. If he could recruit a little better he would probably do an outstanding job. But when I see criticism of Anderson it seems a little more vitriolic than necessary, a little more aggressive than his "sins" seem to warrant and I can't help but think there is some unacknowledged racism, conscious or unconscious, behind it so it seems to me perfectly acceptable for those who think he has done okay, if not great, to call that out. Seems this post gets the cart before the horse on the Anderson/race question.
---> he has done a reasonably good job at Arkansas  --->
Our take is the same. I might go a little better than 'reasonably' good.
He's done a good job everywhere he's been. I knew he would do a good job here, too.
My concern in 2011 was that he had never shown to be a great recruiter anywhere he's been, so was he the guy to return Arkansas back to national prominence? I didn't think so.
Nolan was a lights-out recruiter for a while; Anderson, not so much.
Seven years in, I think that has been borne out.
Get the right crop of guys in, great batch of instate Hogs maybe, and something special could happen one year, but probably not year in, year-out. He does get good results from the talent he has.

HognitiveDissonance

Nolan Richardson Court!!!!!
I'm ok with that.
This is not about the man himself. It's about the people worshipping the man.
So this Court honor would not stop at that, if it happens. The next thing would be, 'why isn't there a statue outside the Arena?'

I kid you not. Mark it down.

razorback1829

I'm ok with that.
So this Court honor would not stop at that, if it happens. The next thing would be, 'why isn't there a statue outside the Arena?'

Youíre right. He deserves a statue too. Good call.

hawkhawg

I'm ok with that.

There should be a statue.

The real Hogules

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • My Hogs are bad ass!

I'm ok with that.

Name me another Arkansas mens coach in Baseball, football, or basketball that played in back-to-back NC games, winning one?
I certainly wouldn't be opposed to a statue of Nolan standing in the lobby, or outside, front and center of the basketball palace that this man had a huge hand in building.

razorback1829

I'm ok with that.

Showed your colors. I donít think you cared for Nolan much. Thatís ok. But it explains how you tried to derail the thread with John McDonnell.

razorback1829

Statue and court naming is what is needed.

PonderinHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Go Hogs and Go Mike Anderson!

Statue and court naming is what is needed.
and a street!

HognitiveDissonance

Showed your colors. I donít think you cared for Nolan much. Thatís ok. But it explains how you tried to derail the thread with John McDonnell.
That's funny, for someone who supposedly had a problem with the coach, I sure as heck traipsed all over the country supporting the Hogs while he was here.

Let's see:
Dallas: 3 times
Atlanta: 3 times
New Orleans
Birmingham
Memphis
Lexington
Of course, Fayetteville 100s of times, Little Rock, and also Pine Bluff.

Kind of goes directly against what you're saying.
Somebody wins, I support them. They don't win, I don't. Ultimately, I don't care what they look like. Just win, baby.

HognitiveDissonance

Name me another Arkansas mens coach in Baseball, football, or basketball that played in back-to-back NC games, winning one?
I certainly wouldn't be opposed to a statue of Nolan standing in the lobby, or outside, front and center of the basketball palace that this man had a huge hand in building.
Broyles would be similar. Went 11-0 and won a national title in 1964, then went 10-0 but lost bowl game in 1965. That was in the middle of a 22-game winning streak. Also played for another title in 1969 in the "Big Shootout".

That's why I say I would have a hard time choosing between those two...may as well flip a coin. The career results are very, very similar.

But both of them are still behind McDonnell.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 11:39:03 pm by HognitiveDissonance »

HognitiveDissonance

Youíre right. He deserves a statue too. Good call.
LOL

liljo

This whole thread is about the 5% t**** in the fanbase who worship one coach, and don't really give a flip about anyone else, and to the detriment of the program moving forward.
They don't care what any other coach did, even if they also won national championships.
It's all about Nolan banner, Nolan statue, Nolan court, Nolan street, having Nolan's assistant as the coach, Nolan park, and why not rename the University for Nolan too.
I appreciate what Nolan did here too, and have even met the man, but I'm a UA fan more than a Nolan fan, or Frank fan, or John fan, or Eddie fan, or Petrino fan, etc

I'm a Frank fan, and a John fan, and an Eddie fan, and was a Petrino fan...But this is a NOLAN thread.

I know...I know...it's hard to stay focused sometimes. Just keep practicin' man. Maybe it'll come to you.

The very title of the thread is "UP TO THIS POINT IN TIME, WHAT ARE YOUR FEELINGS TOWARDS NOLAN RICHARDSON?"

It's NOT that hard, man.

razorback1829

I'm a Frank fan, and a John fan, and an Eddie fan, and was a Petrino fan...But this is a NOLAN thread.

I know...I know...it's hard to stay focused sometimes. Just keep practicin' man. Maybe it'll come to you.

The very title of the thread is "UP TO THIS POINT IN TIME, WHAT ARE YOUR FEELINGS TOWARDS NOLAN RICHARDSON?"

It's NOT that hard, man.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas