• 395,961 Topics
• 22,375 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Poll

Which SEC divisional opponent do you personally hate the most?

Alabama
Auburn
LSU
Texas A&M
Ole Miss
Miss St

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: What SEC West team do you personally hate the most?  (Read 3060 times)

Iwastherein1969

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Texarkana's finest adult libation a Perfect Patron
Re: What SEC West team do you personally hate the most?
« Reply #50 on: July 05, 2018, 11:06:54 pm »

over this

over this

over this

Pretty much puts an end to Aggy showing up in here attempting to talk smack. Get in the left lane and hammer down, Hogs ! Time to restore order.

aTm

« Reply #51 on: July 05, 2018, 11:30:55 pm »

NWA is beautiful and an amazing place to raise a family.  Arkansas girls are also beautiful...I married one!  Texas girls are also beautiful, and there’s more of them...win/win.  It’s kinda like saying, such and such school is a “party school”...pretty much every school has party’s and pretty much every school has beautiful women. 

Aggie Yell leaders are definitely unique and one of the reasons A&M/Kyle Field is always included in top 10 and even bucket lists.  Aggies hold tight to their traditions...A&M was all male and military until late ‘60’s (more Ags served in WW2 than any other school...including the Academies).

I like the rivalry with Arkansas, just question several posters that seem to think Arkansas is far superior to A&M and should beat them every year. That just doesn’t make any sense given the vast resources A&M has and the admitted disadvantages Arkansas has.

Acting like Texas is far superior also shows a lack of knowledge. Since 1975 the series with A&M is dead even. Sure, Texas won a Natty in ‘06, but throughout most of the 80’s, 90’s, and 10’s, Texas has been very average.

Ags routenly our recruited Texas in ‘80’s, 90’s, and last 5 years.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

factchecker

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • RAZORBACKS OR NOTHING!
« Reply #52 on: July 05, 2018, 11:49:22 pm »

Ags routenly our recruited

We remember the SWC

Hugo Bezdek

• Senior
  • We Played Like A Wild Band of Razorbacks!
« Reply #53 on: July 06, 2018, 01:58:33 am »

On any given day LSU, A&M, or Ole Miss will be the team I want to beat the most. Mizzou is climbing into that group. I suspect most of the people voting for Auburn care more about the coach than the school.

Dr. Starcs

• Tell me what you don't like about yourself.
« Reply #54 on: July 06, 2018, 05:45:11 am »

Sorry, but atm is right about the Texas girls.

LZH

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Tight but Loose
« Reply #55 on: July 06, 2018, 06:10:33 am »

I've never denied that Alabama is, and has been for decades, my 2nd favorite team. Kinfolk connections and all that. My daughter seriously gave it some thought about going there, but said she was raised a Razorback and always wanted to be one.

But for some reason, Ole Miss (where I considered eons ago) has moved up into Tennessee territory as far as teams I can't stand. Similar to LSU, they were pretty mediocre until they hired the right coach (and started the $$$ thing). But talk to one of their fans today and you would think they have been a dominant force for decades.

But I voted for A&M, probably because we can't seem to get our head out of our butts enough to beat them in the last five or six years (not putting any blame on any of you players.... it was a pattern under a certain coach).

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Guessing is easier than actually trying!
« Reply #56 on: July 06, 2018, 06:47:52 am »

NWA is beautiful and an amazing place to raise a family.  Arkansas girls are also beautiful...I married one!  Texas girls are also beautiful, and there’s more of them...win/win.  It’s kinda like saying, such and such school is a “party school”...pretty much every school has party’s and pretty much every school has beautiful women. 

Aggie Yell leaders are definitely unique and one of the reasons A&M/Kyle Field is always included in top 10 and even bucket lists.  Aggies hold tight to their traditions...A&M was all male and military until late ‘60’s (more Ags served in WW2 than any other school...including the Academies).

I like the rivalry with Arkansas, just question several posters that seem to think Arkansas is far superior to A&M and should beat them every year. That just doesn’t make any sense given the vast resources A&M has and the admitted disadvantages Arkansas has.

Acting like Texas is far superior also shows a lack of knowledge. Since 1975 the series with A&M is dead even. Sure, Texas won a Natty in ‘06, but throughout most of the 80’s, 90’s, and 10’s, Texas has been very average.

All male until the 60’s..........all Aggie forever. That’s why they still tell Aggie jokes. Always have, always will.

HogPharmer

« Reply #57 on: July 06, 2018, 07:51:10 am »

If you have to justify that you’re on the same level as Texas by saying “they have been very average,” then haven’t you refuted your own argument as to why we believe we should be a better program?

Cmheinley

« Reply #58 on: July 06, 2018, 08:08:09 am »

It used to be LSU for me, but I spent 5 years in Louisiana and made some friends that were diehard LSU fans. They would come over and watch the Hogs play if it didn't conflict with the LSU games. They would root for us and I for them even though it always felt forced. For me, it's a tie between Auburn and aTm.

hawginbigd1

• Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #59 on: July 06, 2018, 11:58:22 am »

Dude you are in denial or don't know much if you think your program has ever been on par with Texass besides the last 6 years. The same can be said about your recruiting if you don't realize that you're recruiting at a whole different level than you ever have post trans-am buying days.

Hogcore

« Reply #60 on: July 06, 2018, 12:25:48 pm »

I hate Auburn the most in the West and Tennessee the most in the entire SEC. Auburn fans have always been the rudest or down right most arrogant and obnoxious when I've visited Jordan-Hare for a game. In my opinion, LSU fans are by and far the most welcoming and hospitable when visiting Baton Rouge as an opposing fan.

HF#1

« Reply #61 on: July 06, 2018, 12:45:33 pm »

I rival most Alabama fans when it comes to my utter disdain for Auburn.

aTm

« Reply #62 on: July 06, 2018, 12:50:53 pm »

Dude you are in denial or don't know much if you think your program has ever been on par with Texass besides the last 6 years. The same can be said about your recruiting if you don't realize that you're recruiting at a whole different level than you ever have post trans-am buying days.

A&M was 10-1 vs Texas from '84-'94...I'm not statistician, but seems that's pretty dominate. 

A&M out recruited Texas regularly in that span.  Mack Brown came to Texas, Bob Stoops to OU, and Nick Saban to LSU...that's what led to Aggies downward trend from '99-'10. 

Ags have out recruited Texas all but one year since 2012 and currently sit with the #2 recruiting class in the country for '19.

A&M in the modern era (1975 to today) is almost a completely different school than the all male military school during WW1, WW2, Korea, and Vietnam.   

aTm

« Reply #63 on: July 06, 2018, 12:54:01 pm »

I think OSU and TCU having success has hindered Arkansas more than anything.  They are losing recruiting battles that they should win against those schools.

If I'm Arkansas, I camp out in South Dallas to get a pipeline from DeSoto, Cedar Hill, Mansfield, and Lancaster.  As is, OSU and TCU get a ton of those kids.   

pigture perfect

« Reply #64 on: July 06, 2018, 01:08:06 pm »

If a team wears orange, they are automatically my least favorite. Texas, Auburn, Tennessee and Florida. In that order.

NaturalStateReb

• Czar of Arkansas
  • Administrator
« Reply #65 on: July 06, 2018, 01:40:02 pm »

I'm not saying LSU fans smell like corndogs, but they totally smell like corndogs.

alohawg

« Reply #66 on: July 06, 2018, 03:04:17 pm »

Auburn, hands down.

hawginbigd1

« Reply #67 on: July 06, 2018, 04:12:36 pm »

A&M was 10-1 vs Texas from '84-'94...I'm not statistician, but seems that's pretty dominate. 

A&M out recruited Texas regularly in that span.  Mack Brown came to Texas, Bob Stoops to OU, and Nick Saban to LSU...that's what led to Aggies downward trend from '99-'10. 

Ags have out recruited Texas all but one year since 2012 and currently sit with the #2 recruiting class in the country for '19.

A&M in the modern era (1975 to today) is almost a completely different school than the all male military school during WW1, WW2, Korea, and Vietnam.   
Sorry you aren't Texass, neither are we, but we have both had success against them. In the modern era of recruiting you were not close to being on par with Texass until you joined the SEC. This is my point your involvement with the SEC has raised your program and at the same time Mack Brown et al drove Texass in the ditch. They will get out and if Jimbo don't stake a claim you will revert to the Norm.

hoglady

« Reply #68 on: July 06, 2018, 09:30:30 pm »

Auburn and it's not close.

hawgball40

« Reply #69 on: July 06, 2018, 09:51:41 pm »

i picked a&m and then i wished i could have went back and picked auburn. but i legit hate both of those teams and their fans

aTm

« Reply #70 on: July 06, 2018, 10:37:31 pm »

Sorry you aren't Texass, neither are we, but we have both had success against them. In the modern era of recruiting you were not close to being on par with Texass until you joined the SEC. This is my point your involvement with the SEC has raised your program and at the same time Mack Brown et al drove Texass in the ditch. They will get out and if Jimbo don't stake a claim you will revert to the Norm.

So what do you think happened throughout the ‘80’s and 90’s when we out recruited them, beat them, had far more NFL talent? 

Sure, Mack had the Horns recruiting and playing well in the ‘00’s. However, facts show Ags won more and recruited better in 80’s, 90’s and so far in the 10’s. 

That 3 decades of last 4 that Ags have recruited and performed better. Not sure what else you are looking for unless you want to ask your grandad.

Großer Kriegschwein

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Married way....way...way....up.
« Reply #71 on: July 06, 2018, 10:41:26 pm »

Alabama
Auburn
LSU
Texas A&M
Ole Miss
Miss St

PorkSoda

« Reply #72 on: July 06, 2018, 11:00:12 pm »

i picked a&m and then i wished i could have went back and picked auburn. but i legit hate both of those teams and their fans
both are fine choices, don't beat yourself up too much.

Iwastherein1969

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #73 on: July 06, 2018, 11:22:21 pm »

Maybe not but we sure as hell don't have weird and ambiguously curious male cheerleaders who yell and do weird arm motions.

I stumbled upon the midnight yell one year when I was in Dallas for the game. It was weird.
All time series with Texas Tech...Arkansas 29    T-Tech 8    and yes we own A&M also even though Aggy has won 5 or 6 in a row, it's still not that close. You see, refurbishing a stadium to accommodate just over 100k doesn't make your team better, nor does hiring an overrated and now vastly overpaid Jimbo Fisher at 7.5 million per year going to wipe clean all of the Aggie Chokes, Aggie Jokes and just plain 75 years of underachieving. Texas A&M's reputation of underachieving didn't suddenly appear in 2010. This hole you guys have dug for yourselves to years, many years., A&M's great players but poor play can be traced back decades and if you think some coach from FSU is going to erase all of the "train wrecks" Aggy has been part of for all of these years by becoming an overnight success, well good luck with that.

Pork Twain

« Reply #74 on: July 07, 2018, 08:12:40 am »

Auburn and it is not even close.  The snake oil salesman arriving there was just icing

GuvHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Proud Hog Supporter!!!
« Reply #75 on: July 07, 2018, 08:57:16 am »

I intensely dislike Auburn the most for OBVIOUS reasons. Hate is too strong of a word.

I despise Gus Malzahn. If I were a drinker of Alcoholic beverages, I would have been popping champagne corks the day he turned Arkansas down.

preachr

« Reply #76 on: July 07, 2018, 09:10:14 am »

I hate Auburn.

But I really, REALLY have enjoyed beating Ole Mess recently.

LAHogfan123

« Reply #77 on: July 07, 2018, 09:20:42 am »

I absolutely dispise Auburn, hate LSU, and abhor the Aggie.  But my number 1 would be the War Eagle, by damn, they are the most elitist, feel as though they are entitled, scumbag, cheating fan base I've ever seen.

jusgtohogs

• Varsity
« Reply #78 on: July 07, 2018, 09:26:25 am »

not on the level of my lifelong disgust for the short-horns but Auburn and a lot of that is as a result of my lack of respect for St. Gus.

hawgball40

« Reply #79 on: July 09, 2018, 04:07:32 pm »

auburn cheats

Leadbelly

• Varsity
« Reply #80 on: July 09, 2018, 04:14:32 pm »

I know its natural to hate everyone you play, but which teams give you the most burning hatred?

1 Auburn
2 Auburn
3 Gus
4 Auburn
5 LSU

zane

« Reply #81 on: July 09, 2018, 04:28:28 pm »

Auburn with Ole Miss a hair behind

HogBreath

« Reply #82 on: July 09, 2018, 06:09:22 pm »

The school we have had the least success with, is next to last on the most hated list.

That's what they call whipping ya and making you like it, right there.

conwaycarl

« Reply #83 on: July 09, 2018, 07:21:17 pm »

Auburn, without a doubt. Then atm just cause fans are arrogant.

bigalphahawg

« Reply #84 on: July 09, 2018, 08:38:58 pm »

LSU and it aint even close!
Agreed. I was shocked it wasn't them....by a large margin.

oldgoat

« Reply #85 on: July 09, 2018, 09:27:22 pm »

Aggies like to think they have class, but we know better.
Exhibit A: My uncle played basketball for the Aggies, and after a game there my grandfather found the spark plug wires in his AR tagged car were cut.  My granddad was so hot he marched back into their field house and told the coach he'd better fix his car.  The coach had his players replace every wire.
Exhibit B:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLM6UFrVPrU

RazorWhacker

• Senior
« Reply #86 on: July 09, 2018, 09:31:53 pm »

1) The Cheatahs of Aubrun.
2) Everybody else.

But...

I respect the program at Alabama. Other than Arkansas it is the only college team I will make time to watch on TV.

I respect the school at aTm. (I accompanied my good friend to a couple of football games at Kyle Field back in the ‘80s and joined my sister on a scholarship visit there and was very impressed with the campus and friendliness of their fans and students. It is an impressive school.) Having said that, I loathe losing to them and expect us to beat them soundly every year. When we don’t, I think we should fire coaches and ADs. Aggies don’t like to hear that, but it is what it is. When we’ve dominated a series like we have against them, we expect it to continue.

LSU is currently in a weird emotionally void place for me right now and I’m not sure why. A few years ago they were by far my most hated team. By the time we play them again, they will probably be back at the top of my hate list.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 10:00:27 pm by RazorWhacker »

DuvallFallsHog1975

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #87 on: July 09, 2018, 09:51:57 pm »

Alabama, because we might not beat them in my lifetime and I am only 40.

factchecker

• RAZORBACKS OR NOTHING!

Capt. Hamm

« Reply #89 on: July 10, 2018, 06:30:11 am »

Ole Miss, without a doubt. We should beat them every year.

PonderinHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Go Hogs and Go Mike Anderson!
« Reply #90 on: July 10, 2018, 09:25:21 am »

Curious why you should beat A&M every year?  Yes, I’m an Aggie, but I also root for the Hogs (I lived in LR for 6 years and met my Razorback wife there).

A&M is much larger school, with significantly more money, better facilities, right smack dab in the middle of significant talent, larger stadium, etc.. 

Yes, Arkansas owns the edge over the last hundred years, but this ain’t your Dads or Grandads A&M.
I'd rather sip tea than be an aggie.   ::hornsdown::

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #91 on: July 10, 2018, 09:29:35 am »

I'm not saying LSU fans smell like corndogs, but they totally smell like corndogs.

I think they smell more like the fart after eating a corn dog.............

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #92 on: July 10, 2018, 09:30:42 am »

I'd rather sip tea than be an aggie.   ::hornsdown::

No thanks. I can’t stand the Aggie cult. However it’s not nearly as bad as the Texas arrogance cult.

HotlantaHog

« Reply #93 on: July 10, 2018, 10:11:59 am »

I voted LSU.

I have been to away games at all the schools. The LSU folks have been the rudest, followed by Alabama. The Auburn people have been consistently the nicest.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #94 on: July 10, 2018, 10:30:49 am »

I voted LSU.

I have been to away games at all the schools. The LSU folks have been the rudest, followed by Alabama. The Auburn people have been consistently the nicest.

Personally I’ve never had any trouble or rudeness from Bama fans. The worst I’ve had to deal with in the conference were Tenner, Old Misses and LSU.

DuvallFallsHog1975

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #95 on: July 10, 2018, 11:43:03 am »

We've beaten them in your lifetime if you are 40:

I meant the rest of my life.  The difference between where they are as a program and where we are is astonishing.

Iwastherein1969

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #96 on: July 10, 2018, 07:09:00 pm »

I meant the rest of my life.  The difference between where they are as a program and where we are is astonishing.
I had just got a promotion on the job on the Thursday before that game. The Boss had a "watch the Hogs play" party and the wifey and I attended. I was in my mid 30's with a beautiful wife and two children (boy and girl) and life couldn't get any better than this day. Arkansas 42   Alabama  6, what a wonderful thing. Beer, bratz and steaks on the grill with cash jingling in my pocket and a perfect family. Those were the best days of my life.

Pigdiana Jones

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Smoking Hot!!!
« Reply #97 on: July 10, 2018, 08:48:19 pm »

Omg awbarn because of their cheating and $cam newton.

BroyledNutts

« Reply #98 on: July 13, 2018, 12:33:24 pm »

1) Ole Miss - There is an arrogance around that University and their athletic programs that is a special brand of arrogance. Irritating, rage inducing, nerve grinding, primordial scream prompting arrogance.

1a) Auburn - Auburn has been, is, and always will be the middle child of Alabama ... those of you with siblings understand what I mean. Most recently Auburn has taken on the air of a greasy, sleazy, pandering used car salesman - or a two faced, forked tongue, slicked hair televangelist ... and they toilet paper their own houses. Boogers tremble in fear of discovery in Auburn.

ALLVOL

« Reply #99 on: July 13, 2018, 01:33:29 pm »

I will never understand the "love" some on here have for the "turds".
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas