• 9,980,333 Posts
• 400,530 Topics
• 22,947 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Long to KU  (Read 9134 times)

ricepig

Re: Long to KU
« Reply #250 on: July 08, 2018, 09:24:07 pm »

I said if(when) beating them punches our ticket...not that it would, which you seem to think.
Can you imagine the traffic heading up to Lawrence for a football game? Bumper to bumper.

I'm sure we would sell out our compliment of tickets, we usually do for away games. It would be our second closes away game after WMS. 😳

(notOM)Rebel123

« Reply #251 on: July 08, 2018, 09:26:56 pm »

I'm sure we would sell out our compliment of tickets, we usually do for away games. It would be our second closes away game after WMS. 😳

Well, you keep pushing for a Non-conf. Football Game with KU. Maybe youíll get your wish. 🙄
Iíll hold out for Okie State which is only 3 hours  away.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

ricepig

« Reply #252 on: July 08, 2018, 09:28:54 pm »

Well, you keep pushing for a Non-conf. Football Game with KU. Maybe youíll get your wish. 🙄

We have to play a P5, play a patsy!

(notOM)Rebel123

« Reply #253 on: July 08, 2018, 09:29:37 pm »

We have to play a P5, play a patsy!

Chicken.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Guessing is easier than actually trying!
« Reply #254 on: July 08, 2018, 09:31:12 pm »

Chicken.

Yes for some fans. Not for all though. Weíve played USCw, we had Michigan scheduled before THEY backed out to ironically play a team we put on the schedule. None other than Notre Dame.

(notOM)Rebel123

« Reply #255 on: July 08, 2018, 09:31:59 pm »

Yes for some fans. Not for all though.

True.
At some point...you just gotta ďman upĒ.

ricepig

« Reply #256 on: July 08, 2018, 09:33:51 pm »

True.

We do 8 times a season in the SEC. I guess you want Stanford, Clemson, Ohio St, and ASU as you non-conference games?

(notOM)Rebel123

« Reply #257 on: July 08, 2018, 09:35:46 pm »

We do 8 times a season in the SEC. I guess you want Stanford, Clemson, Ohio St, and ASU as you non-conference games?

Iím happy with Notre Dame. But stop trying to argue that Kansas would be a quality win. Because itís just not true.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #258 on: July 08, 2018, 09:37:33 pm »

True.

I have no problem playing one decent or traditionally tough non-conference opponent. But with our tough SEC schedule every year it is dumb to load up on only those for all non-conference games. We have to man up for all our conference games. Weíve had enough troulble just doing that. Most good teams donít play tough noncons for every game. Heck look at Bamaís noncon schedule all the time. Playing patsies hasnít hurt them in winning championships.

ricepig

« Reply #259 on: July 08, 2018, 09:38:42 pm »

Iím happy with Notre Dame. But stop trying to argue that Kansas would be a quality win. Because itís just not true.

And ASU would?

(notOM)Rebel123

« Reply #260 on: July 08, 2018, 09:39:08 pm »

I have no problem playing one decent or traditionally tough non-conference opponent. But with our tough SEC schedule every year it is dumb to load up on only those for all non-conference games. Most good teams donít play tough no cons for eve6 game. Heck look at Bamaís noncon schedule all the time. Playing patsies hasnít hurt them in winning championships.

Iím not saying we shouldnít schedule a few wins. But back the original discussion...which was that scheduling KU would somehow boost our SOS, etc.
which just isnít the case.

(notOM)Rebel123

« Reply #261 on: July 08, 2018, 09:39:35 pm »

And ASU would?

Based on rpi & sos...yes.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #262 on: July 08, 2018, 09:40:43 pm »

Iím not saying we shouldnít schedule a few wins. But back the original discussion...which was that scheduling KU would somehow boost our SOS, etc.
which just isnít the case.

We agree on that but our schedule isnít tough based on who we play out of conference. It is based on who we play in the conference.

ricepig

« Reply #263 on: July 08, 2018, 09:40:52 pm »

When the CFP committee says we didn't make the playoffs because we had KU on our schedule, I'll change my tune, until then, a P5 win is a P5 win.

SugarHillGaHog

• Senior
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #264 on: July 08, 2018, 09:43:05 pm »

Maybe you haven't watched the same football team as I have the last few years.  I consider it ANY win is a quality win.

(notOM)Rebel123

« Reply #265 on: July 08, 2018, 09:45:09 pm »

When the CFP committee says we didn't make the playoffs because we had KU on our schedule, I'll change my tune, until then, a P5 win is a P5 win.

Have they ever said that about anyone? Geez.
Maybe you should call up your old buddy Jeff & just get the game scheduled.

(notOM)Rebel123

« Reply #266 on: July 08, 2018, 09:46:33 pm »

Maybe you haven't watched the same football team as I have the last few years.  I consider it ANY win is a quality win.

Ha! NO...a win over KU will take us to the next level. Havenít you heard? 😀

factchecker

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • RAZORBACKS OR NOTHING!
« Reply #267 on: July 08, 2018, 09:48:15 pm »

Well, when scheduling a win against KU punches our ticket to the playoff, Iím all in. Until then...itís useless.
I know I made the mistake of posting this suggestion in MMQB but if you read my post carefully I mention other sports.  Playing Kansas in basketball would bring in an awesome crowd to the Bud while simultaneously boosting our RPI.  I know it's a weird concept for programs to care about more than one sport but we try to do that at THE University of Arkansas.

Also, Kansas is a P5 program who doesn't stalk us and celebrate any loss that we have.  Jonesboro tech fans were more happy about our CWS loss than any victory that they've ever had in their program history.  I didn't hear any jayhawk fans say "good riddance" when Coach Broyles died either.

Also.... jonesboro tech MIGHT be better than Kansas in football but we truly don't know.  Kansas plays in the BIG 12 - the runnin pups play in the 5A East.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #268 on: July 08, 2018, 09:48:35 pm »

Based on rpi & sos...yes.

Yep......usually Arizona State is pretty good.

factchecker

• RAZORBACKS OR NOTHING!
« Reply #269 on: July 08, 2018, 09:49:32 pm »

Yep......usually Arizona State is pretty good.
Now that is the REAL ASU that we should play.  It would be one hell of a road trip.

(notOM)Rebel123

« Reply #270 on: July 08, 2018, 09:51:51 pm »

I know I made the mistake of posting this suggestion in MMQB but if you read my post carefully I mention other sports.  Playing Kansas in basketball would bring in an awesome crowd to the Bud while simultaneously boosting our RPI.  I know it's a weird concept for programs to care about more than one sport but we try to do that at THE University of Arkansas.

Also, Kansas is a P5 program who doesn't stalk us and celebrate any loss that we have.  Jonesboro tech fans were more happy about our CWS loss than any victory that they've ever had in their program history.  I didn't hear any jayhawk fans say "good riddance" when Coach Broyles died either.

Also.... jonesboro tech MIGHT be better than Kansas in football but we truly don't know.  Kansas plays in the BIG 12 - the runnin pups play in the 5A East.

I would love to see us play KU every year in hoops. It would be a great addition to our schedule. But as far as football goes, Iím sorry, just check to Power Index, etc.
...and Iím not an ASU fan and donít give a ratís arse if we ever play them. But donít act like playing KU is any better than playing ASU, because according to the power index, etc...it isnít

factchecker

• RAZORBACKS OR NOTHING!
« Reply #271 on: July 08, 2018, 09:53:12 pm »

I would love to see us play KU every year in hoops. It would be a great addition to our schedule. But as far as football goes, Iím sorry, just check to Power Index, etc.
It was a response to a Kansas fan.... if you notice I didn't really mention football but I wouldn't mind playing them.

There are closer programs who are much better that I'd rather play.

Oklahoma and Oklahoma State

(notOM)Rebel123

« Reply #272 on: July 08, 2018, 09:54:42 pm »

It was a response to a Kansas fan.... if you notice I didn't really mention football but I wouldn't mind playing them.

There are closer programs who are much better that I'd rather play.

Oklahoma and Oklahoma State

I would like to see a series with both of those. Obviously not in the same years.

factchecker

• RAZORBACKS OR NOTHING!
« Reply #273 on: July 08, 2018, 09:57:19 pm »

ADD:

No offense to the Kansas fan either but after looking at their baseball park I'd love for their fans to come to Baum.

You truly don't know how blessed we are until you check out other teams' facilities.

Their brother's ballpark ain't much better either

factchecker

• RAZORBACKS OR NOTHING!
« Reply #274 on: July 08, 2018, 09:59:25 pm »

I would like to see a series with both of those. Obviously not in the same years.
Hopefully we schedule a series with Oklahoma State when they open their new ballpark:

We need to go ahead and plan for Baum renovations as well.

(notOM)Rebel123

« Reply #275 on: July 08, 2018, 10:00:26 pm »

Hopefully we schedule a series with Oklahoma State when they open their new ballpark:

We need to go ahead and plan for Baum renovations as well.

You bet.

Hogindasticks

« Reply #276 on: July 08, 2018, 10:06:56 pm »

I dont care!  Past is the past.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #277 on: July 08, 2018, 10:10:03 pm »

Yeas ago we did have a series with the cowboys. I wouldnít mind another one but Iíd also like to spread it around a little bit.

Hogindasticks

« Reply #278 on: July 08, 2018, 10:32:12 pm »

Please move this thread has no bearing or relevance here for UA football.

jvanhorn

« Reply #279 on: July 09, 2018, 12:57:00 am »

https://twitter.com/DanWolken/status/1014933566747303936?s=19

Kansas is paying Jeff Long $1.5 million, which makes him second highest paid AD in the Big 12, just a fraction below Joe Castiglione’s contract at Oklahoma

That is freaking crazy and stupid beyond belief

jvanhorn

« Reply #280 on: July 09, 2018, 01:05:33 am »

Long may think he is the AD and in charge but hopefully he learned something in Arkansas.  If he attempts to mess with Bill Self or the basketball program in any way he will find out that you cana get fired there even faster than at Arkansas.  Basketball is in charge of Athletics in Lawrence same as at Kentucky and North Carolina.  These schools are not about to let let anyone come in and try to change things or the culture.

jvanhorn

« Reply #281 on: July 09, 2018, 01:09:58 am »

If this means it will reduce or eliminate the amount of $$$ the Razorback Foundation owes Jeffy, it's great news! If not, meh, make the Makayla Maroney Bronze Medal face..

If the current FB coach doesn't win more than 1-2 games next fall, does this mean Bert will be the next KU Biff waxing Self's cars?

Well I don't see anyway Bert could possibly do any damage to the football program.  He should enjoy playing Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas, TCU.

ricepig

« Reply #282 on: July 09, 2018, 10:25:31 am »

Have they ever said that about anyone? Geez.
Maybe you should call up your old buddy Jeff & just get the game scheduled.

Geez, playing ASU or playing KU doesn't move the needle either way, playing one of them satisfies our SEC requirement to schedule a P5 every year. We aren't going to enter into a 10 year home/home with them, but a two year contract doesn't hurt. As was mentioned above, the idea was to schedule games in several sports, due to their closeness.

DLUXHOG

• It'll feel better when it quits hurtin'
« Reply #283 on: July 09, 2018, 11:59:16 am »

Well I don't see anyway Bert could possibly do any damage to the football program.  He should enjoy playing Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas, TCU.

Bret would see it as ďborderline erotic ď, I think....

navyhog24

« Reply #284 on: July 10, 2018, 03:06:03 pm »

Kansas tacitly acknowledges being subpoenaed in ongoing federal basketball investigation.

https://sports.yahoo.com/kansas-tacitly-acknowledges-subpoenaed-ongoing-federal-basketball-investigation-142515144.html

Congrats on the extension Jeff. That has to be a record.

Razorbackers

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Good Takes Found Here
« Reply #285 on: July 10, 2018, 04:40:35 pm »

Kansas tacitly acknowledges being subpoenaed in ongoing federal basketball investigation.

https://sports.yahoo.com/kansas-tacitly-acknowledges-subpoenaed-ongoing-federal-basketball-investigation-142515144.html

Congrats on the extension Jeff. That has to be a record.

It seems pretty obvious that his agreement to take the job came with the understanding that he wasn't going to fall on a sword for a past AD or administration. That clause in his contract was transparent.

I don't think he's going to try to wrangle Self, but whatever support or turning of a blind eye that the bball team got from the previous admin is over for sure.

Next1_04

« Reply #286 on: July 11, 2018, 12:24:30 pm »

It seems pretty obvious that his agreement to take the job came with the understanding that he wasn't going to fall on a sword for a past AD or administration. That clause in his contract was transparent.

I don't think he's going to try to wrangle Self, but whatever support or turning of a blind eye that the bball team got from the previous admin is over for sure.

Updated today at his presser that "self recruited me to KU".

Iwastherein1969

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Seven of Nine says '69 is closer to 9 than to 7
« Reply #287 on: July 11, 2018, 11:20:20 pm »

I just hope we can get the Ric flair "woo started at ddwrs like we did at Baum.
32 runs in one game, oh to have saved just a couple or three of those runs for OSU...yeah, yeah, I know, the pitching by our opponent was quite different
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas