• 395,957 Topics
• 22,375 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Venting about last year thread  (Read 966 times)

phadedhawg

Venting about last year thread
« on: June 18, 2018, 06:11:53 pm »

I still can't believe the previous group lost to Butler by 17 points.  I have trouble finding hype for next year.  Maybe come November. 
« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 09:49:17 pm by sir-pigs-a-lot »

ShadowHawg

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
Re: From what Iím hearing about the team and pickup UPDATED
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2018, 06:14:33 pm »

I've said that before we hired CMA and still believe it. 

Things that make you say hmmm.......

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

HognitiveDissonance

• All-American Hogvillian
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2018, 06:37:23 pm »

A lot can change before first game in November. Some guys look good in pickup games but look like deer in headlights once real games start.
Here we go again. "Dionisio Gomez is dominating the pickup games."

Marvell Waithe went for 30 in a Red-White game once.

Red-White games are one level above pickup games. Pickup games are one level above meaningless.

Having said all that, it will be fun to watch this group develop this year. It's a good group of guys.

Letsroll1200

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2018, 08:04:31 pm »

I still can't believe the previous group lost to Butler by 17 points.  I have trouble finding hype for next year.  Maybe come November.

Selfishness and character issues beat that team last season.

FineAsSwine

• Hogville think tank
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2018, 09:39:33 pm »

Where is the leadership going to come from on this team?

The report given cites Bailey "trying to be" a leader as well as Gafford. That scares me. This is something I underestimated a little when the 2018 recruiting class was being put together and I would look ahead to this season. Granted, it would make a big difference to have Darious Hall still on the team. Not sure he'd be a great leader, but I think he would have provided a worthy #2 to Gafford and that would make a world of difference. Now, it seems like we have a sophomore with one foot out the door trying to lead a bunch of freshmen with a couple of vagabonds sprinkled in.

Leaders will emerge and it could be one or two of the new guys as well as a couple of older guys. Gonna be fun to watch, for me anyway.

Breems

• Gold Hogvillian
  • They grow up so fast
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2018, 10:20:11 pm »

It's a rebuild year, two years removed from our last rebuild year.

Inching closer and closer to UK's reload model.

razorback1829

• Senior
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2018, 07:40:08 am »

^^ This.

Hawg Red

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2018, 08:21:17 am »

In a world where any shortcomings are blamed away on locker room rumors.....

Hawg Red

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2018, 08:23:13 am »

Leaders will emerge and it could be one or two of the new guys as well as a couple of older guys. Gonna be fun to watch, for me anyway.

The team is always fun to watch if you're a fan, we know this. But you have to admit finding leadership is a big concern, no? It's okay call out concerns without attempting to quickly sweep it under the rug.

azhog10

• Razorback Basketball on the rise!
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2018, 08:54:07 am »

The team is always fun to watch if you're a fan, we know this. But you have to admit finding leadership is a big concern, no? It's okay call out concerns without attempting to quickly sweep it under the rug.
Isn't it always a concern when you lose two senior impact players? I think for a coach unless you are bringing everyone back, finding your leadership is always a concern as it should be. That's not ground breaking new information.

azhog10

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2018, 08:55:15 am »

In a world where any shortcomings are blamed away on locker room rumors.....
Guess you haven't read hogville much, CMA has been blamed since he got here for almost every loss he's ever had and even for some of wins. If the game was close it was because CMA was our coach. If we had anyone else we would have won by 30.

Hawg Red

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2018, 09:21:24 am »

Isn't it always a concern when you lose two senior impact players? I think for a coach unless you are bringing everyone back, finding your leadership is always a concern as it should be. That's not ground breaking new information.

Except we lost 6 seniors, a soon-to-be junior and a rising sophomore with All-SEC potential. We bring in 8 newcomers, 7 of which are freshmen. So, yeah, a little different than the picture you tried to paint.

Hawg Red

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2018, 09:24:20 am »

Guess you haven't read hogville much, CMA has been blamed since he got here for almost every loss he's ever had and even for some of wins. If the game was close it was because CMA was our coach. If we had anyone else we would have won by 30.

I've read that stuff, too. It's ridiculous just like blaming locker room rumors on shortcomings. Two wrongs don't make a right. The bottom line is we got waxed against Butler in embarrassing fashion and any attempt to shift the blame anywhere but to everyone involved is pathetic.

HoopS

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2018, 09:43:48 am »

Leaders will rise up.

I suspect itíll come from Dan and one of the guards. But who knows. 

Itís an intangible that we canít sit here and predict. Yes it matters.

Lockerrom matters too. Another intangible.

I wouldnít discount either or the effect both have on a teamís performance.

Hawg Red

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2018, 09:48:21 am »

Leaders will rise up.

I suspect itíll come from Dan and one of the guards. But who knows. 

Itís an intangible that we canít sit here and predict. Yes it matters.

Lockerrom matters too. Another intangible.

I wouldnít discount either or the effect both have on a teamís performance.

Of course all of this matters. Just like coaching does and having your team prepared to win in the first round of the NCAA tournament vs an opponent not clearly better than your team. We fell short there. I blame everyone and don't see a reason to try to pinpoint it on any one thing other than the obvious of we just weren't prepared to win.

mykidsdad

« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2018, 10:32:12 am »

Of course all of this matters. Just like coaching does and having your team prepared to win in the first round of the NCAA tournament vs an opponent not clearly better than your team. We fell short there. I blame everyone and don't see a reason to try to pinpoint it on any one thing other than the obvious of we just weren't prepared to win.

Do you work for the FBI, because you obvious bias is again in display for all to see.

But to give you the benefit of the doubt, are you saying that if 2 teams are evenly matched and you lose, then that is on the coach because if we are even we should win (nice logic there)? The only time it is not on the coach is when your opponent is clearly better than you? Because that is sure what it sounds like.

niels_boar

• Senior
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2018, 11:10:50 am »

If a coach could just will a team to play well every game, the tournament wouldn't be very interesting.  If Coach K can lose to Mercer with a huge talent advantage, Arkansas losing to Butler when Vegas had us as the underdog isn't terribly surprising.  Nobody was calling that a sure Arkansas win before the game.  It would have helped if Macon hadn't gone into his first significant slump of the season during the SECT.  Portis did that, too.  Macon playing out of his mind against UNC almost got us our biggest win in decades the year before.  There's a random element that is difficult to account for.  Plus, we got screwed that the committee underseeded Butler by their own metrics.  That happened against Georgetown on the Joe Johnson team as well.

Hawg Red

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2018, 11:21:07 am »

If a coach could just will a team to play well every game, the tournament wouldn't be very interesting.  If Coach K can lose to Mercer with a huge talent advantage, Arkansas losing to Butler when Vegas had us as the underdog isn't terribly surprising.  Nobody was calling that a sure Arkansas win before the game.  It would have helped if Macon hadn't gone into his first significant slump of the season during the SECT.  Portis did that, too.  Macon playing out of his mind against UNC almost got us our biggest win in decades the year before.  There's a random element that is difficult to account for.  Plus, we got screwed that the committee underseeded Butler by their own metrics.  That happened against Georgetown on the Joe Johnson team as well.

We didn't show up against Butler. This isn't about just losing in the first round. This is about losing in the first round and not being competitive. It's a bad look on everyone.

Hawg Red

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2018, 11:23:01 am »

Do you work for the FBI, because you obvious bias is again in display for all to see.

But to give you the benefit of the doubt, are you saying that if 2 teams are evenly matched and you lose, then that is on the coach because if we are even we should win (nice logic there)? The only time it is not on the coach is when your opponent is clearly better than you? Because that is sure what it sounds like.

If two teams are evenly matched, I wouldn't expect one of them to lose by 17 to the other in the NCAA tournament. And if they did, I'd say it looks bad on the coaches and the players. And I surely wouldn't break my neck trying to shift blame off of one or the other. I'm struggling to find the bias in what I'm saying. Two posters in this thread have blamed the players 100% but I'm the one who is biased? Are you people serious?

razorback1829

• Senior
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2018, 12:21:51 pm »

I've read that stuff, too. It's ridiculous just like blaming locker room rumors on shortcomings. Two wrongs don't make a right. The bottom line is we got waxed against Butler in embarrassing fashion and any attempt to shift the blame anywhere but to everyone involved is pathetic.

Basketball isnít a sport where you cling on to the last loss, especially if it wasnít significant. Now the fact weíve been to the tournament 3 out of the last 4 years (which is relevant) and we have a great group of kids should give you hope for some great leadership to develop. And if our leadership wouldíve been stronger, we wouldíve been more of a contender.  That can be said about most teams, including the Dukes and Kentuckys. But this will be as fun a team as ever to watch. Basketball is entertainment, no? Your summary of the program isnít reflective of where it is. The butts in the stands, the winning, the tournament.

azhog10

« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2018, 12:39:40 pm »

Except we lost 6 seniors, a soon-to-be junior and a rising sophomore with All-SEC potential. We bring in 8 newcomers, 7 of which are freshmen. So, yeah, a little different than the picture you tried to paint.
What picture did I try to paint? My point was that 90% of teams are always looking to identify their leaders. It's part of the process as the summer starts and players make it to campus. It's not something to be concerned about, it's the natural progression of a team this time of year. But it also shouldn't be shocking either.

azhog10

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2018, 12:44:27 pm »

If two teams are evenly matched, I wouldn't expect one of them to lose by 17 to the other in the NCAA tournament. And if they did, I'd say it looks bad on the coaches and the players. And I surely wouldn't break my neck trying to shift blame off of one or the other. I'm struggling to find the bias in what I'm saying. Two posters in this thread have blamed the players 100% but I'm the one who is biased? Are you people serious?
What? Dude cmon! I'm not sure where all this came from, but evenly matched teams don't always battle to a one or two point win/loss. Teams at times under perform, and some over perform. Sometimes a coach was the reason for both, and other times players don't come out and perform. We got blitzed right from the start and then battled back to make it a game only to have them pull away again. Not sure who is at fault, but someone could make a good point either way.

Remember you are asking Darious Hall to be a leader......we'd almost be better without one if he's the guy some are looking to. Hall could play ball no doubt, but being a leader is something he knows nothing about.

Atlhogfan1

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2018, 01:09:28 pm »

Appreciate the info 1829.

I would normally ignore most of this during the summer but I can tell this Butler loss has a company line excuse that will continue. 

Losses like Butler in the NCAAT do happen.  Problem is these losses and the margin of defeat are the norm for our program under Anderson.  No sugarcoating or excusing how our teams fare in any matchup with a spotlight on it. The UNC NCAAT loss the exception. Stupid and dishonest to ignore the Butler loss as part of a pattern.  If the program was relevant it would be embarrassing. 

If Mike had a track record of making it past the first weekend, then you could reach for the excuse it happens to coaches like Coach K too.

Hawg Red

« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2018, 01:19:40 pm »

Basketball isnít a sport where you cling on to the last loss, especially if it wasnít significant. Now the fact weíve been to the tournament 3 out of the last 4 years (which is relevant) and we have a great group of kids should give you hope for some great leadership to develop. And if our leadership wouldíve been stronger, we wouldíve been more of a contender.  That can be said about most teams, including the Dukes and Kentuckys. But this will be as fun a team as ever to watch. Basketball is entertainment, no? Your summary of the program isnít reflective of where it is. The butts in the stands, the winning, the tournament.

!!!!!!

Losing your first NCAA tournament game isn't significant???

What is my summary of the program, out of curiosity (since I didn't give one)?

Hawg Red

« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2018, 01:21:00 pm »

What picture did I try to paint? My point was that 90% of teams are always looking to identify their leaders. It's part of the process as the summer starts and players make it to campus. It's not something to be concerned about, it's the natural progression of a team this time of year. But it also shouldn't be shocking either.

You're trying to a paint of a picture of just an ordinary offseason where most programs will have at least some seniors on the team and they're waiting to see who emerges as a leader. That's not what's going on here.

Toocool21

• Band Nerd
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2018, 01:21:51 pm »

Mike has a track record of making it past the first week Arkansas doesn't and he's trying to change that...

razorback1829

• Senior
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2018, 01:27:04 pm »

!!!!!!

Losing your first NCAA tournament game isn't significant???

What is my summary of the program, out of curiosity (since I didn't give one)?

Not when the program was pretty much dormat in a 20 year stretch. This microwave society is something else. You really have no idea what it takes on this level.

Hawg Red

« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2018, 01:28:14 pm »

What? Dude cmon! I'm not sure where all this came from, but evenly matched teams don't always battle to a one or two point win/loss. Teams at times under perform, and some over perform. Sometimes a coach was the reason for both, and other times players don't come out and perform. We got blitzed right from the start and then battled back to make it a game only to have them pull away again. Not sure who is at fault, but someone could make a good point either way.

Remember you are asking Darious Hall to be a leader......we'd almost be better without one if he's the guy some are looking to. Hall could play ball no doubt, but being a leader is something he knows nothing about.

And when teams lose by 17 in an even matchup in the NCAA tournament......it's bad. Right? Isn't that the most important game of the season for a team to that point?

Why are you people acting like I'm crazy for saying it was bad that we got our asses whipped in the NCAA tournament? At what point is it acceptable and not a hot take for someone say that? We're in Year 7. I think it's okay to be real. I'm not saying Anderson sucks. I'm not saying Anderson should be fired. I'm not even blaming just Mike Anderson. But you're damn right he shares a good bit of blame along with the entire team. To argue this is basically to say that you cannot possibly criticize any performance by any team in any team because stuff just happens. Oh well. I mean, am I crazy or am I not being totally fair here?

PonderinHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Go Hogs and Go Mike Anderson!
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2018, 01:36:49 pm »

I think Jerry Reed said it best...

Atlhogfan1

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2018, 01:38:40 pm »

If the internal problems existed, wouldn't be the first time for Mike as a head coach.  And we hired him when it happened to him before in the '10-11 season collapse. 

razorback1829

• Senior
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2018, 01:41:07 pm »

If the internal problems existed, wouldn't be the first time for Mike as a head coach.  And we hired him when it happened to him before in the '10-11 season collapse.

Funny how these ďcollaspedĒ seasons always coincide with a tournament birth at the least. You should see some of the other collapses.. Kentuckyís Robert Morris year for example comes to mind. When expectations arenít met though, itís a collapse.

Hawg Red

« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2018, 01:43:31 pm »

You didnít point out anything though thatís the thing. Itís something that around 92% of the teams in the nation deal with. Finding and developing  leadership that is. So you come off like an arse because you tried to make a dig. But youíre right, and itís just the rest of us huh? 😂😂😂 Comeon man. Get out of here with that weak sauce.

We have 0 seniors, one junior, and a redshirt sophomore with one year of playing experience. The rest are freshman and sophomores. I'm sorry, but 92% of the teams in the nation aren't dealing with that. It is what it is. This is the way the roster ended up and it's going to be a problem. Bringing in 7 freshmen is not ideal and not normal. In previous years, you could look at the roster and figure out where the leadership might come from. I don't see that this year. Be mad at me for having that opinion all you want. Flash forward to December and you're posting "We're just too young, guys. Gotta give it some time."

razorback1829

• Senior
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2018, 01:56:32 pm »

It isn't funny especially when it happens to Arkansas.  Excusing the underachievement isn't funny.

Point is, going to the tournament is far from a collapse, and it gets bad here when itís a real collapse. And to begin with, Arkansas wasnít creme del la creme in basketball. Been a long time since that buddy. This recent success is what you want to see to trend in that direction. People want to act like itís a collapse need to get a clue. Shows ignorance.

Hawg Red

« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2018, 01:58:17 pm »

Point is, going to the tournament is far from a collapse, and it gets bad here when itís a real collapse. And to begin with, Arkansas wasnít creme del la creme in basketball. Been a long time since that buddy. This recent success is what you want to see to trend in that direction. People want to act like itís a collapse need to get a clue. Shows ignorance.

Losing to Butler by 17 isn't a collapse, but it is embarrassing and not the step we wanted to see in Year 7. That shows awareness....

Atlhogfan1

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2018, 02:01:55 pm »

Success has been very minimal.  Keep coddling the program.  The Mizzou 10-11 season collapsed at the end due to internal problems which has been suggested by your group as the excuse for why this last season didn't end as well as it could have (which one 17pt loss was not a collapse even if you factor in the SECT loss before it). 

azhog10

« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2018, 02:03:21 pm »

You're trying to a paint of a picture of just an ordinary offseason where most programs will have at least some seniors on the team and they're waiting to see who emerges as a leader. That's not what's going on here.
That's not? So we didn't lose seniors and we aren't waiting to see who will emerge as a leader? Oh, okay......

azhog10

« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2018, 02:08:32 pm »

Any criticism is poor criticism to you.

And we're not even talking about a criticism. It's an observation. Ask anyone outside of Arkansas what happened in that game and they'd say the Hogs get their asses kicked. I'm only pointing out the obvious. You guys are entirely too sensitive.
I've got a number of a guy from Michigan who I coach with. Never watched Arkansas all year, had Butler winning the game. During the game he said we didn't have the depth to compete. Nothing about a coach not having us ready, or this or that.

Obviously he didn't know very much about our team, but he felt our horses didn't have it that day and that the moment was too bright for Gafford that day. Not saying I agree with him but not sure your "perspective" about anyone outside of Arkansas is correct.

Hawg Red

« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2018, 02:12:13 pm »

That's not? So we didn't lose seniors and we aren't waiting to see who will emerge as a leader? Oh, okay......

You're stopping short of the reality. We lost a bunch of seniors....but have none for next season. Most programs have at least a couple of seniors on their roster each season. Most programs have more than one upperclassmen returning. Most leadership on your average college basketball team comes from upperclassmen. A severe lack of upperclassmen would seem to be us in a unique position in that regard, do you disagree?

You're correct that most programs lose seniors and have to replace leadership, but you're acting like we're in the same boat as most programs who have upperclassmen returning. Of course we could have guys emerge as leaders, but in all previous seasons, we've had upperclassmen to look to.

azhog10

« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2018, 02:13:28 pm »

Losing to Butler by 17 isn't a collapse, but it is embarrassing and not the step we wanted to see in Year 7. That shows awareness....
It's embarrassing to lose a game you weren't favored to win........

Hawg Red

« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2018, 02:14:30 pm »

I've got a number of a guy from Michigan who I coach with. Never watched Arkansas all year, had Butler winning the game. During the game he said we didn't have the depth to compete. Nothing about a coach not having us ready, or this or that.

Obviously he didn't know very much about our team, but he felt our horses didn't have it that day and that the moment was too bright for Gafford that day. Not saying I agree with him but not sure your "perspective" about anyone outside of Arkansas is correct.

Interesting. We were able to consistently beat teams as good or better than Butler all year, but we just didn't have the horse in the biggest game of the season. We were able to beat Florida a week prior. Hmm. How about that?

azhog10

« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2018, 02:17:29 pm »

You're stopping short of the reality. We lost a bunch of seniors....but have none for next season. Most programs have at least a couple of seniors on their roster each season. Most programs have more than one upperclassmen returning. Most leadership on your average college basketball team comes from upperclassmen. A severe lack of upperclassmen would seem to be us in a unique position in that regard, do you disagree?

You're correct that most programs lose seniors and have to replace leadership, but you're acting like we're in the same boat as most programs who have upperclassmen returning. Of course we could have guys emerge as leaders, but in all previous seasons, we've had upperclassmen to look to.
I never said we have seniors or upperclassmen to step in. Not one time. I also know from having coached that I don't care if my leader is a senior or he isn't. What I care about is that he is respected by his peers, and he works hard. Portis was the leader of his teams, and it was one of the better teams we have had in years. Didn't need him to be a senior. That's some fallacy that you have played out in your head, or that you feel the need to use to drive home this negative perception about the team heading into the season.

Fact of the matter is, experience is important if you have it. If you don't then it's not a big deal. As coaches you use what you have to convince your team they can be better than what they really are. Having a bunch of seniors last year didn't win us games. Having guys that could play won us games. So, what's important is that we have guys in the locker room that are respected and that this team has some kids that can go. If they do, then we will be fine. IF we don't, it's gonna be a long year.

Hawg Red

« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2018, 02:18:12 pm »

It's embarrassing to lose a game you weren't favored to win........

Butler was a slight favorite. We were the 7 seed. You're acting like we were a 16 playing a 1. We lost a game we needed to win, and lost very, very badly. We lost to a coach with no NCAA tournament wins. We lost to a team with no clear NBA prospects. We lost to a team with less experience. It was bad. That loss was bad. Why is it controversial to say that?

azhog10

« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2018, 02:18:45 pm »

Interesting. We were able to consistently beat teams as good or better than Butler all year, but we just didn't have the horse in the biggest game of the season. We were able to beat Florida a week prior. Hmm. How about that?
You are right.....matchups mean nothing. Yes we beat florida the week prior, but we also lost to florida a couple weeks before that. I'd argue that we consistently beat teams better than Butler. IF we consistently did it, we wouldn't have been matched up against them to begin with.

Atlhogfan1

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2018, 02:18:50 pm »

"We weren't favored to win the NCAAT game anyway even as a higher seed so it was okay to lose by 17."  Makes a great case for where the program is. 

azhog10

« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2018, 02:19:53 pm »

Butler was a slight favorite. We were the 7 seed. You're acting like we were a 16 playing a 1. We lost a game we needed to win, and lost very, very badly. We lost to a coach with no NCAA tournament wins. We lost to a team with no clear NBA prospects. We lost to a team with less experience. It was bad. That loss was bad. Why is it controversial to say that?
Again, no i'm not. You are the one going all ballistic about one game that we weren't favored to win regardless of the seeding. Nowhere did I say it was a 1 vs 16 or that it was like David vs. Goliath. We lost to a team that was better than we were, really not much else to argue about.

razorback1829

• Senior
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2018, 02:21:43 pm »

Youíll try to make a mountain out of a ant hill. Just old, especially when what you are saying lacks knowledge and understanding. Harp away though. Again, itís all us, not you.

azhog10

« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2018, 02:22:02 pm »

"We weren't favored to win the NCAAT game anyway even as a higher seed so it was okay to lose by 17."  Makes a great case for where the program is.
Let me know who said that......No one said the score was okay.  Whether we lost by 1 or 17 we still lost. The score is just convenient for those that wanted to pile on. Had we lost by just 1, the same folks would be complaining about the 1 point loss. It really doesn't matter how bad we lost, the game was not close, then it was close, then it ended not close. I mean if you watched the game you would know that we were competitive for parts of the game as we made our comeback, but we came out of the second half much like the first half and that was that.

hawgball40

« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2018, 02:23:10 pm »

it was the same gloom and doom before last season from you same posters, bemoaning the loss of watkins, hannahs, and kingsley. and then we came out and were even better than the year prior. we'll contend again for the sec and make the tourney again. it'll take some time for you to get used to us making the tourney nearly every year, but eventually you'll understand where we're at. we're knocking on the door again. not quite where we want to be but obvious progress has been made in our program. the next step is to win the SEC and make a deep tourney run, that should help us tremendously in recruiting.

Atlhogfan1

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2018, 02:25:51 pm »

Let me know who said that......No one said the score was okay.  Whether we lost by 1 or 17 we still lost. The score is just convenient for those that wanted to pile on. Had we lost by just 1, the same folks would be complaining about the 1 point loss. It really doesn't matter how bad we lost, the game was not close, then it was close, then it ended not close. I mean if you watched the game you would know that we were competitive for parts of the game as we made our comeback, but we came out of the second half much like the first half and that was that.

The score and the way it happened was indicative of a pattern under Anderson in spotlight games.  Slow starts have been an issue.  It isn't piling on to mention a pattern.  If it were an exception, I could see your point a little more maybe. 

hawgball40

« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2018, 02:26:42 pm »

they had size and shooting on the perimeter and played good fundamental defense. conversely,w e were very small at guard and the wing. the pundits all called the upset, because everyone knew how ridiculously underseeded butler was. that was a team full of tough, fundamentally sound big guys. We were a team of a few good athletes with poor fundamentals and lack of strength.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas