• 395,957 Topics
• 22,375 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: How often do you think the Hogs will beat TAMU under Jimbo?  (Read 2513 times)

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Guessing is easier than actually trying!
Re: How often do you think the Hogs will beat TAMU under Jimbo?
« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2018, 02:38:04 pm »

He’s said many times why. He wanted further commitment from FSU for football. They were falling behind Clemson, Bama, Florida, UGA, and Auburn in the arms race...they had the worse facilities by far. The commitment from University and Athletic department was not on par with his competition.

Say what you want about A&M, but you can’t say the commitment from the top down isn’t there.

On a personal note, Jimbo recently went through a nasty divorce where his wife cheated on him with tennis coach who was still in the athletic department. Jimbo also wanted a change of scenery.

Finally, Jimbo was never going to be “the Man”...that’s reserved for BOBBY Bowden. At A&M, he can absolutely be “the Man”. Right now, “the Man” at A&M is either Jackie Sherril or RC Slocum depending on who you ask.

Some of that is true. But not the lack of commitment by the school part. The commitment to football is there, the commitment to Jimbo himself was faltering. They have good facilities also. There were other reasons being rumored. My former boss is from FSU. Jimbo was wearing out his welcome fast with some boosters and some in the administration. I can certainly understand about the divorce part and wanting a change of scenery though.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 02:51:24 pm by Inhogswetrust »

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2018, 02:58:51 pm »

I thought you guys considered Lyle Lovett to be "the man" at TAMU?

There’s no such thing as a man at Tamu......there’s only yell leaders.........

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Atlhogfan1

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2018, 03:14:58 pm »

50% of the time.  Our program has been down the last 5 seasons.  3 of those games vs A&M went into OT and one more offensive play made or a penalty not committed or especially a defensive stop at the end of regulation would have resulted in wins. 

aTm

« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2018, 03:27:29 pm »

Some of that is true. But not the lack of commitment by the school part. The commitment to football is there, the commitment to Jimbo himself was faltering. They have good facilities also. There were other reasons being rumored. My former boss is from FSU. Jimbo was wearing out his welcome fast with some boosters and some in the administration. I can certainly understand about the divorce part and wanting a change of scenery though.

FSU does not have the facilities it’s competition did. There’s no football only complex and they continue to lag behind Clemson, Bama, Florida, UGA and Auburn.

You can argue that recruiting to A&M is easier than FSU. Ags compete for more talent against LSU, OU, and Texas. FSU competes with Florida, Clemson, Bama, UGA, and Auburn...not to mention lags behind in facilities.

Jimbo and his staff are relentless and have taken the state by storm.  Have y’all listened to Herman in an interview compared to Jimbo?  Herman comes across very awkward and Jimbo a natural. I challenge you to listen to each and then come back and say you think Herman is better.

Bigger concern for A&M is who does LSU hire after they can Coach O.

aTm

« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2018, 03:30:07 pm »

I thought you guys considered Lyle Lovett to be "the man" at TAMU?

Ha, that’s funny.

Lyle’s Great, but he’s no ROBERT Earl Keen! 

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2018, 04:06:12 pm »

FSU does not have the facilities it’s competition did. There’s no football only complex and they continue to lag behind Clemson, Bama, Florida, UGA and Auburn.

You can argue that recruiting to A&M is easier than FSU. Ags compete for more talent against LSU, OU, and Texas. FSU competes with Florida, Clemson, Bama, UGA, and Auburn...not to mention lags behind in facilities.

Jimbo and his staff are relentless and have taken the state by storm.  Have y’all listened to Herman in an interview compared to Jimbo?  Herman comes across very awkward and Jimbo a natural. I challenge you to listen to each and then come back and say you think Herman is better.

Bigger concern for A&M is who does LSU hire after they can Coach O.

I don’t consider Jimbo a natural when I’ve heard him......more of a snake oil salesman. I get it that you are going to take up for him since he’s now an Aggie. No problem with that. But don’t go annointing him an Aggie God just yet.

P.s. I don’t give a damn about Herman or Texas and what they say or do but you guys always will.

Mo_Better_Hogs

• All-American Hogvillian
  • DE FENSE!! DE FENSE!!

HogPharmer

« Reply #57 on: July 10, 2018, 04:52:56 pm »

There’s no such thing as a man at Tamu......there’s only yell leaders.........

I think they call them pitchers and catchers

aTm

« Reply #58 on: July 10, 2018, 05:44:28 pm »

I don’t consider Jimbo a natural when I’ve heard him......more of a snake oil salesman. I get it that you are going to take up for him since he’s now an Aggie. No problem with that. But don’t go annointing him an Aggie God just yet.

P.s. I don’t give a damn about Herman or Texas and what they say or do but you guys always will.

Not saying you do give a darn about Herman.  Just pointing out that others on this thread have said Herman will have Texas "Back" (how long have we heard that) and that Jimbo is overrated.  Recruiting rankings and even just listening to the two men talk about their programs indicate Jimbo is a much better fit than Coach Mensa (Herman is a member of Mensa). 

If you think Jimbo sounds like a snake oil salesmen, what did you think of Barry Switzer? Bobby Bowden? Nick Saban?  Jimmy Johnson?       

rljjr

« Reply #59 on: July 10, 2018, 08:35:45 pm »

I'll settle for getting back one year at a time. This losing to the Aggies is ridiculous. I wish I could say we "shoulda" beat them 4 out of the last 5, but we didn't. WE pulled an Aggie choke job. That won't happen again.

RyanMallettsEgo

• All-American Hogvillian
  • See if you can guess...what I am now
« Reply #60 on: July 10, 2018, 10:53:18 pm »

I think they call them pitchers and catchers

I know you know this, but they're all males and they're "yell leaders."

You'd yell too if...well, you know.

Not that there's anything wrong with that...

HogPharmer

« Reply #61 on: July 11, 2018, 08:33:38 am »

I know you know this, but they're all males and they're "yell leaders."

You'd yell too if...well, you know.

Not that there's anything wrong with that...

So you’re saying they’re all catchers?

PonderinHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Go Hogs and Go Mike Anderson!
« Reply #64 on: July 11, 2018, 09:51:03 am »

About once a day, maybe twice...

jcharkansas

• Senior
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #65 on: July 16, 2018, 10:26:44 am »

Hopefully more often than we beat Sumlin..

DeltaBoy

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I'm Un-Reconstructed. Sic semper tyrannis
« Reply #66 on: July 16, 2018, 08:44:43 pm »

We win more than Bert the Hog Farmer did.

Bebop

« Reply #67 on: July 16, 2018, 09:20:00 pm »

I don't think Jimbo will be any better than Sumlin. That's my guess.

jvanhorn

« Reply #68 on: July 17, 2018, 12:19:46 am »

This is what I expect.  Primarily, because of what you point out.  Just too much talent in east and SE Texas and the metroplex that WANT to be Aggies.

If Jimbo is the right coach, and he might be, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Aggies move ahead of LSU and Auburn in the West pecking order.
  Texas A & M is to the Razorbacks what the Chicago Cub are to the Cardinals.   A sleeping giant just waiting for the for the right people to make it start humming.  The Cubs will always have more money and resources than the Cardinals.  The Aggies will always have more money and access to better players than Razorback The only thing that might slow them down is that the Longhorns have also found the right people and they are going to make recruiting a lot tougher.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas