• 10,108,043 Posts
• 403,959 Topics
• 23,067 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 52   Go Down

Author Topic: GM 70: COLLEGE WORLD SERIES FINALS: GAME 2: #5 Arkansas 48-19 vs #3 OSU 53-12  (Read 28373 times)

Boardon Hamsay

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Eponymous Keeper of the War Damn Mockingbird Unis

Good luck to the Hogs tonight!

JHicks3636

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Razorback forever

[/quote]
How many schools have won National Championships in Football, Basketball, Baseball and Track and Field?

Florida

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

LRHawg

• All-American Hogvillian
  • This too shall pass

Staying off my feet today at work, I'll be pacing my house all night tonight.

hawgfan4life

Zone was low and wide, but it was consistent.  Our hitters never adjusted and we looked pitiful at the plate the entire game getting behind in the count and striking out on check swings and balls in the dirt.  As good as our pitching was with BK, he really didn't use the zone the way the Ump was calling.  Most his strikes were actually strikes and he wasn't hitting the same spots low and wide that Oregon State was to get the strikes.  Oregon State's catcher was framing the pitches really well and ours was throwing his glove away from the zone in most cases with the track of the ball.  I would rather see that kind of zone if it is consistent than a tight zone and teams looking to walk every at bat.  We simply need to adjust and take advantage of it when it is called that way.  Good news is we batted HORRIBLE the entire game and won by 3 runs.  We rarely have back-to-back bad games at the plate and even more rarely have three in a row.  Oregon State was more relaxed at the start than we were at the plate and it showed.  That kind of set the tone for the game because of the zone, two great lefties, and we won anyway.  There won't be any nerves starting tonight's game and the pressure is on Oregon State.  If they tighten up and we relax with confidence, it should be a great game for the Hogs.

HogPharmer

Iíll be at the Alma Sonic between the hours of 2 and 4 pm handing out clonidine for those with blood pressure concerns.

pigture perfect

Iíve got a meeting tonight from 6-8, so if I check in before that, Iím doing it on the sly. Thanks ARKANSAS for the effort that you put in this thread. Praying for your renewed strength and vigor. I hope you are doing well now.

porkchopsdontfloat

• Hogvillian
  • In beer there is strength.

GO HOGS!!!

pigture perfect

If they start that right hander, I like our chances offensively. We usually handle them better than the lefties. I think thatís why both OSU pitchers did so well against us last night.

TebowHater

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • DMAC > teBLOW

If they start that right hander, I like our chances offensively. We usually handle them better than the lefties. I think thatís why both OSU pitchers did so well against us last night.

Our average coming into last night was .302 against righties and .301 against lefties. We can't hit lefties has been a myth.

navyhog24

Tsarcasm

• Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver.

WPS!!! Lets Go hogs

mhsbc59

• "Cause thats how I Role"

LRRandy

None that I am able to locate.
tOhio State has won championships in all 4

AirWarren

• Football impotence of the Midwest

Cut the head off tonight boys. Bring the title back home to Arkansas.

cityhog

• THE City

In the past, as all hog fans have experienced, the two calls last night (interference and the fair/foul ball) are calls that would have gone against us. We have had opposing players running into one another, opposing players that never do X, suddenly doing X (errors, walks, etc). I truly think our crowd has rattled the opposition. So between our crowd, breaks that never go our way suddenly going our way, and of course just the sheer talent and will to win by this team - I think we bring this home.

Grag T

All of that sounds good but I still like to wait until it's over and then react appropriately (or inappropriately sometimes)

Kevin

• Gold Hogvillian
  • RIP LILY, WE MISS YOU DEARLY

Perry Costello vs South Carolina. The umps have a long way to go to even that score

USChog

I am feeling good not because of the calls that went our way, but because of the elite plays and captalizing on mistakes. The plays by Gates & Kjerstad are plays I usually see teams make against us. Our pitching shutting them down and us scoring 4 on their implosion is usually in reverse order. I know it is not over, but I'm feeling a lot better today than I was yesterday.

TheTick077

Posting so that I can be on this history making thread! I can't wait for tonight!

HogFansReunited

• AKA HogFansReunited
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • USN AW2

WPS!!!

hawgball40

go hogs go!

hogfanboy2

• Bench Warmer
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net

who is the ump behind the plate tonight?
I think it was costello  at first last night

dacskc

who is the ump behind the plate tonight?
I think it was costello  at first last night

Twitter seems to think Costello is confirmed, but I have no idea where theyíre getting this info. Someone said they heard it announced on the radio.

BigDave95

How many schools have won National Championships in Football, Basketball, Baseball and Track and Field?

Only four teams have won championships in Football, Basketball, and Baseball:

UCLA
Ohio State
Michigan
Florida

That very small, but pretty elite, group is going to grow by one later today!

theFlyingHog

My anxiety kicked up a couple notches when I clicked into this thread. I was a wreck last night!

DirtySqueal

• Walk-On

Long-time lurker, first time poster.  I figure if there was ever a first thread to get in on, this is it! Iíve been in Omaha since the start of the tourney and am ready for our boys to bring that Natty home to Arkansas. This is my first CWS experience and Iím happy and thankful Iíve gotten the chance to share it with my dad.  We were there during the regionals last year at 3:00 a.m. and you can tell these boys are all about taking care of unfinished business. One more!  Go Hogs!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • R_A_Z_O_R_B_A_C_K_S

Long-time lurker, first time poster.  I figure if there was ever a first thread to get in on, this is it! Iíve been in Omaha since the start of the tourney and am ready for our boys to bring that Natty home to Arkansas. This is my first CWS experience and Iím happy and thankful Iíve gotten the chance to share it with my dad.  We were there during the regionals last year at 3:00 a.m. and you can tell these boys are all about taking care of unfinished business. One more!  Go Hogs!
Awesome.

panhandlepig

• don't worry about a thing

My anxiety kicked up a couple notches when I clicked into this thread. I was a wreck last night!

I'm feeling an eerie sense of calm. I'm sure as the day wears on I'll get more anxious but maybe not. I just have a really really good feeling about tonight. 

GO Hogs

AirWarren

• Football impotence of the Midwest

I'm feeling an eerie sense of calm. I'm sure as the day wears on I'll get more anxious but maybe not. I just have a really really good feeling about tonight. 

GO Hogs

Iíve felt that way this entire CWS. Very odd for me as well.

EastTexasHog

Calls didnít go our way, they went the correct way, except the ball was foul, was called foul, and replay had no indisputable video evidence that it was fair. 

micali

We played a clean game. In the past we have Ben our own worst enemy. Even during the regular season we had some fielding woes but we have tightened everything up and are plating nearly perfect ball. Our pitching and defense will win this tonight, with the help of our bats. Go Hogs.

Hogs33

In to say... Go Hogs!!

El Duderino

• Bench Warmer

One more, baby!!!

99toLife

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Crazy Times Make Crazy people Crazier!!!!

Umpires don't win or lose games unless it's a bad call on the last play of the game.

idochog

• Hammer down!

My problem w/ that foul ball is that the camera was not exactly down the line so you are gonna get false results b/c of the angle

woodhog14

When we win the CWS, we'll be only the 4th team in history to win a NC in the big three - Football, Basketball, & Baseball, with the others being Michigan, Ohio State, & Florida. Not bad company to be in, if I do say so myself!
5th team. UCLA has done it as well.

Hogs49ers

• Senior

Does anyone know OSUs stats against lefty pitching vs righty pitching?

hoglady

Twitter seems to think Costello is confirmed, but I have no idea where they’re getting this info. Someone said they heard it announced on the radio.

Which still could be pure speculation from a radio host.
At least that's what I'm hoping.

razoredge178

• Hogvillian
  • Walk with purpose or move to the side.

Surprised Perry Costello doesn't have his own thread by now.

razoredge178

• Hogvillian
  • Walk with purpose or move to the side.

Which still could be pure speculation from a radio host.
At least that's what I'm hoping.

Standard rotation has Costello at home plate tonight. Unless college does it different, then he could be down the  first base line tonight. Seeing as he was 2nd base for the Mistake-OSU game, and 1st base for our game, he'll be at the plate tonight. Unless DVH has pulled some gigantic magical strings.

seasonhog

• Hogvillian

WELCOME TO RAZORBACK BASEBALL 2018 - HOGVILLE.net OFFICIAL GAME 70 THREAD

#5 ARKANSAS RAZORBACKS (1-0) (48-19, 18-12 SEC)
                 VS
 #3 Oregon State Beavers (0-1) (53-12-1, 20-9-1 PAC 12)

This is NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES FINALS GAME 2 for the RAZORBACKS and BEAVERS. This best of 3 games series for the NCAA Baseball Championship began on Monday Tuesday. The RAZORBACKS beat the Beavers on Tuesday by a score of 4-1 to take a 1-0 lead in the best of 3 game series. A win tonight by the Razorbacks will end the 2018 NCAA Baseball season and the ARKANSAS RAZORBACKS will be crowned the 2018 NCAA Baseball Champions. A win by the Beavers (0-1) will cause the series to go to Game #3 on Thursday at 6:00pm cdt for a winner take all Championship Game. 

College World Series 2018 complete schedule is here:  https://www.ncaa.com/news/baseball/article/college-world-series-schedule

College World Series Official Bracket is here:   https://www.ncaa.com/interactive-bracket/baseball/d1/2018/cws

WEDNESDAY's First Pitch is set for 6:00pm central time. THIS GAME WILL BE TELEVISED on ESPN and can be streamed online on the Watchespn app.

Play-by-Play Narrative:
For many years, Hogville members who love Razorback Baseball have come together to produce these game threads with play-by-play narrative for those that depend on it as their only source and for those that just simply enjoy it. These threads have been a foundation for great Hogville discussions and that tradition continues today as this is NOT a read only thread (all Hogville posting rules apply).

Wisco Pig will provide the play-by-play narrative for this this game.  A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, ucaHogfan, sir-pigs-a-lot, JHicks3636, JHGiunta, HogFansReunited, Arkansas Traveler, Maddhog,  and Razorbacks#1 will assist with stats, back up, and support. We hope that the many other regular posters will join in also and continue to add quality input. If you are new to the Extra Innings - Razorback Baseball Game Threads and you understand the rules, feel free to join in the conversations. If you have questions, read this:  http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=626632.0

Click below for: The Fight Song:
http://fightmusic.com/mp3/sec/Arkansas__Arkansas_Fight_Song__(Play,_Sing,_Play).mp3

Click below for: University Of Arkansas Alma Mater 
http://fightmusic.com/mp3/sec/Arkansas__University_Of_Arkansas_Alma_Mater.mp3

Only one misstate in your op.....Hogs #1...OSU #2...as of today, hope it will be that way tomorrow.

GO HOGS,

HogHunk

Go hogs!!!  Got a good feeling again about tonight. Iím hoping we knock the cover of the ball. Would love to see us hit several home runs and win in convincing style. Iím thinking Martin and Kjerstad are due for great offensive games!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • R_A_Z_O_R_B_A_C_K_S

Only one misstate in your op.....Hogs #1...OSU #2...as of today, hope it will be that way tomorrow.

GO HOGS,
No, #3 and #5 are the team's seedings for the CWS.

The Hogs are #1 in the RPI, but not sure where you are getting the OSU #2 from.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

• That's nice.... Real nice!

Leave no doubt. Bring that Natty home boys!

rzrbkman

• Senior

Yeah that ainít happening. Hats off to the kid though

Knight pitched out of the bullpen in the postseason one time on one days rest last season. I'm guessing whatever it takes, within reason,  to win a NC.

TeufelHog

• Never Forget, Never Yield!

. . . somebody please explain the abbreviated version of the NCAA rules regarding "Pitcher Utilization."  When can a coach use/is prohibited from using pitchers.  Is it pitch count limit?  Inning limit?  After pitching in one game, when is the earliest a pitcher can be called upon again?  TIA

seasonhog

• Hogvillian

No, #3 and #5 are the team's seedings for the CWS.

The Hogs are #1 in the RPI, but not sure where you are getting the OSU #2 from.

I know.....today we are #1....

WilsonHog

• Administrator

. . . somebody please explain the abbreviated version of the NCAA rules regarding "Pitcher Utilization."  When can a coach use/is prohibited from using pitchers.  Is it pitch count limit?  Inning limit?  After pitching in one game, when is the earliest a pitcher can be called upon again?  TIA

To my knowledge, there are none. Itís at the discretion of the coach.

TuckFexas81

• Bench Warmer

I just pray that Murphy gets a strike zone as wide and high as the one last night.

We shall see, good ole boy Perry Costello is behind home plate this evening. Damn.

Busta_Nutt

is outstanding. I wish we could have more of him in the booth during the regular season, and even on MLB broadcasts. He's always very insightful and makes excellent points on both the defensive and offensive side. For the casual or new baseball fan, listen to KP and you can learn a lot about the game and its strategies.

Also, he seems to have a liking for the Razorbacks, which is a breath of fresh air when it comes to the national broadcasters.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 52   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas