• 10,106,906 Posts
• 403,933 Topics
• 23,066 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 52   Go Down

Author Topic: GM 70: COLLEGE WORLD SERIES FINALS: GAME 2: #5 Arkansas 48-19 vs #3 OSU 53-12  (Read 28352 times)

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • R_A_Z_O_R_B_A_C_K_S

#5 ARKANSAS RAZORBACKS (48-19) vs #3 Oregon State Beavers (53-12-1)
TD Ameritrade Park, Omaha, Ne.  Wednesday at 6:00pm CDT on ESPN

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • R_A_Z_O_R_B_A_C_K_S

WELCOME TO RAZORBACK BASEBALL 2018 - HOGVILLE.net OFFICIAL GAME 70 THREAD

#5 ARKANSAS RAZORBACKS (1-0) (48-19, 18-12 SEC)
                 VS
 #3 Oregon State Beavers (0-1) (53-12-1, 20-9-1 PAC 12)

This is NCAA COLLEGE WORLD SERIES FINALS GAME 2 for the RAZORBACKS and BEAVERS. This best of 3 games series for the NCAA Baseball Championship began on Monday Tuesday. The RAZORBACKS beat the Beavers on Tuesday by a score of 4-1 to take a 1-0 lead in the best of 3 game series. A win tonight by the Razorbacks will end the 2018 NCAA Baseball season and the ARKANSAS RAZORBACKS will be crowned the 2018 NCAA Baseball Champions. A win by the Beavers (0-1) will cause the series to go to Game #3 on Thursday at 6:00pm cdt for a winner take all Championship Game. 

College World Series 2018 complete schedule is here:  https://www.ncaa.com/news/baseball/article/college-world-series-schedule

College World Series Official Bracket is here:   https://www.ncaa.com/interactive-bracket/baseball/d1/2018/cws

WEDNESDAY's First Pitch is set for 6:00pm central time. THIS GAME WILL BE TELEVISED on ESPN and can be streamed online on the Watchespn app.

Play-by-Play Narrative:
For many years, Hogville members who love Razorback Baseball have come together to produce these game threads with play-by-play narrative for those that depend on it as their only source and for those that just simply enjoy it. These threads have been a foundation for great Hogville discussions and that tradition continues today as this is NOT a read only thread (all Hogville posting rules apply).

Wisco Pig will provide the play-by-play narrative for this this game.  A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, ucaHogfan, sir-pigs-a-lot, JHicks3636, JHGiunta, HogFansReunited, Arkansas Traveler, Maddhog,  and Razorbacks#1 will assist with stats, back up, and support. We hope that the many other regular posters will join in also and continue to add quality input. If you are new to the Extra Innings - Razorback Baseball Game Threads and you understand the rules, feel free to join in the conversations. If you have questions, read this:  http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=626632.0

Click below for: The Fight Song:
http://fightmusic.com/mp3/sec/Arkansas__Arkansas_Fight_Song__(Play,_Sing,_Play).mp3

Click below for: University Of Arkansas Alma Mater 
http://fightmusic.com/mp3/sec/Arkansas__University_Of_Arkansas_Alma_Mater.mp3

« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 01:57:02 am by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S »

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • R_A_Z_O_R_B_A_C_K_S

Thanks to "sevenof400" for the link.
                                                                          NATIONAL ANTHEM

TIME TO CALL THE HOGS!

« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 02:02:27 am by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S »

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • R_A_Z_O_R_B_A_C_K_S

VS                 

« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 10:50:51 am by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S »

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • R_A_Z_O_R_B_A_C_K_S

0                        6:00 p.m.                        0

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | - |  R  |  H  | E  |LOB
Oregon St.            |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  0  | 0  | 0   
Arkansas              |    |    |    |    |    |    |    |    | -  |  0  |  0  | 0  | 0   

« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 03:38:47 pm by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S »

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • R_A_Z_O_R_B_A_C_K_S

Since tonight's game will most likely be the last game of the 2018 NCAA Baseball season, I wanted to get this in before the end of the game when we are all busy celebrating OUR NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP.

To ALL of my Brother-in-Hogs and Sister-in-Hogs, I want to say THANK YOU for a wonderful season of Razorback Baseball on Hogville's Extra Innings. You guys have been great. I am no longer able to go to the games because of my health, but I would just as soon be here with you guys.

Also, a special thank you goes out to the Game Thread / Play-by-play Narrator Team of 2018: (in no particular order)   Razorbacks#1, JHicks3636, Wisco Pig, ucahogfan, HogFansReunited, sir-pigs-a-lot, JHGiunta, Maddhog, A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, Arkansas Traveler, PoconoHog.

I will have more to say later, but for now I say.......

« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 07:37:41 am by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S »

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • R_A_Z_O_R_B_A_C_K_S
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 03:28:08 am by A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S »

alohawg

Go Hogs!!!    ;D

MissippHog

Ugh, stomach knots up just thinking about it.  Go Hogs!

who knows

WPS!

Hogs49ers

• Senior
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net

Woooooo Pig! Let's shut this thing down!

Razorbacks#1

• Gold Hogvillian
  • 1994 Razorbacks#1

Since tonight's game will most likely be the last game of the 2018 NCAA Baseball season, I wanted to get this in before the end of the game when we are all busy celebrating OUR NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP.

To ALL of my Brother-in-Hogs and Sister-in-Hogs, I want to say THANK YOU for a wonderful season of Razorback Baseball on Hogville's Extra Innings. You guys have been great. I am no longer able to go to the games because of my health, but I would just as soon be here with you guys.

Also, a special thank you goes out to the Game Thread / Play-by-play Narrator Team of 2018: (in no particular order)   Razorbacks#1, JHicks3636, Wisco Pig, ucahogfan, HogFansReunited, sir-pigs-a-lot, JHGiunta, Maddhog, A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S, Arkansas Traveler, PoconoHog.

I will have more to say later, but for now I say.......

Back at you ARKANSAS!  Go HOGS!

DLUXHOG

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • It'll feel better when it quits hurtin'

I can smell this NC !   In two men....  WPS!!!!!!

Deep Shoat

• All-American Hogvillian
  • The Artist formerly known as Hong Kong Sooey

I got a feelin’
That tonite’s gonna be a good night
That tonite’s gonna be a good night
That tonite’s gonna be a good, good night!

WPS!

JonClaudeVanHam

Let's win a national title, Hogs.

rzrbk4life

In on championship thread

elksnort

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Lucy, 10-11-2004 - 10-30-2015

In a way, it's just a baseball game.

In another way, it's a potentially a monumental even if you are an Arkansan who has always loved the Razorbacks and the State of Arkansas.

navyhog24

TebowHater

• DMAC > teBLOW

Bring the bats, win a championship. Let tonight be the night we put it all together 1-9, in the field, and on the mound. Go hogs!

rzrbackrob

• Hogs could claim 1909, '64,'65 and '77 as MNC

Good luck to our Hogs tonight.

JHicks3636

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Razorback forever

It’s been an honor and pleasure to participate in this forum again this year. It is a treat to work with great people and Hog fans like ARKANSAS, Razorback#1, Wisco, spal, and the rest of the team. Thanks to the Admins like Wilson who let us do our thing but always have our backs. The biggest thanks goes to all of our followers and posters. Without you there would be no reason for these threads. Our baseball fans are second to none.

JHicks3636

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Razorback forever

Weather should be no issue tonight. No rain chance.

JHicks3636

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Razorback forever

It appears Oregon State will start Bryce Fehmel
RHP
Junior
10-1
3.16 era
111 innings
97  hits
41 runs, 39 earned
24 BB
63 K
11 HR, most on the team by far
.237 BAA
3   WP
12  HBP

Amityvillehogger

• Veni, vidi, vici...

See y’all at TD Ameritrade. Let’s leave no doubt tonight and bring it home! WPS

ChicoHog

• RIP Glenn. You're "Already Gone" way too soon

I got the Hogs again at +130. 

The real Hogules

• My Hogs are bad ass!

When we win the CWS, we'll be only the 4th team in history to win a NC in the big three - Football, Basketball, & Baseball, with the others being Michigan, Ohio State, & Florida. Not bad company to be in, if I do say so myself!

rzrbkman

• Senior

Campbell has to be held back for a potential game 3 and Knight needs a day off. The full bullpen should be ready to go. I'm sure Knight will be ready tomorrow night for a very limited role if needed.

mj4president

I think if we go to a game 3, we'll get Knight in there for 1 inning.

PeabodyHawg

So pumped for tonight.  Came in the office to take care of a few things then headed to the lake to "pregame" on the dock.

See yall on the other side.

GHG

ASUHog

Knight's done and went out in a perfect manner.  One day off after pitching nearly 100 pitches isn't enough.

TNhawgfan

• Jimmy G - A New Hope!

Would have to be a marathon game. No way DVH brings him in a regular 9 inning game

AugustaHog

Campbell has to be held back for a potential game 3 and Knight needs a day off. The full bullpen should be ready to go. I'm sure Knight will be ready tomorrow night for a very limited role if needed.
As long as we are winning, I think everybody except those two guys are on the table.  I can't see us burning Reindl if we are down early.  The strategy all postseason has been to use Loseke with Murphy/Knight and Reindl with Campbell.  Obviously if we are protecting a lead, I think anything is possible.  All hands on deck to prevent this thing from going to Gm 3.

Pork Ranger

Yeah that ain’t happening. Hats off to the kid though

onebadrubi

• Gold Hogvillian

Don't forget Bonnin has shown some good stuff the last two times out.  Mid to high nineties fast ball and locating.  I think he could come in for a few outs to bridge to the back end of the pen. 

I think you can expect to see Reindl for a few outs as well.  Hopefully Cronnin is not required to do more than 20 pitches if any at all.  That would put him a little short on rest if a game 3 is required.

bigred223

• Hogvillian

Don't forget Bonnin has shown some good stuff the last two times out.  Mid to high nineties fast ball and locating.  I think he could come in for a few outs to bridge to the back end of the pen. 

I think you can expect to see Reindl for a few outs as well.  Hopefully Cronnin is not required to do more than 20 pitches if any at all.  That would put him a little short on rest if a game 3 is required.

If Cronin comes in tonight it would likely mean we are winning and its a save situation. So hopefully he does pitch and we win tonight.

woodrow hog call

I would love to see Bonnin throw an inning or two tonight, with us ahead by five or six runs, be a great confidence booster for him.

PolishPigPower

• As useless as JPEGs to Helen Keller...

I just pray that Murphy gets a strike zone as wide and high as the one last night.

onebadrubi

• Gold Hogvillian

I just pray that Murphy gets a strike zone as wide and high as the one last night.

Last nights strike zone was not high by any means.  Was low and 6" wider each side of the plate for the lefty reliever Chamberlin.

PolishPigPower

We might see Reindl or Ramage tonight, but I doubt we see both if it is a tight game.  One of those guys needs to be available for long use in case Isaiah has a short outing in Game 3.  Of course, I'm the guy who thought Knight should have gone against Florida, so what do I know?

PolishPigPower

Last nights strike zone was not high by any means.  Was low and 6" wider each side of the plate for the lefty reliever Chamberlin.

I thought the lefties had a wider zone called last night, too, but also felt it was consistent enough for both teams.  That was part of my thought since Murphy's a lefty and would benefit.  Anything but that jackwagon's thimble-wide zone he had to deal with against South Carolina.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • R_A_Z_O_R_B_A_C_K_S

When we win the CWS, we'll be only the 4th team in history to win a NC in the big three - Football, Basketball, & Baseball, with the others being Michigan, Ohio State, & Florida. Not bad company to be in, if I do say so myself!
How many schools have won National Championships in Football, Basketball, Baseball and Track and Field?

a0ashle

• Hogvillian

See I saw it as being high too but it was frustratingly inconsistent in that area.

woodrow hog call

I won’t even attempt to follow the game thread tonight, I just logged off last night and gave up, all the crying about the strike zone kills it for me. Too many people don’t even know what they are seeing, but just know we are getting cheated again. I would love to see that game with a K zone on it, but our fans would swear they weren’t using the same box, I am pretty sure.

Google the video of last years LSU-Oregon St game, there is overhead views of strikes being called that were inside the chalk line of the opposite batters box, in favor of LSU. We didn’t have anything close to that, from what I saw.

onebadrubi

• Gold Hogvillian

We might see Reindl or Ramage tonight, but I doubt we see both if it is a tight game.  One of those guys needs to be available for long use in case Isaiah has a short outing in Game 3.  Of course, I'm the guy who thought Knight should have gone against Florida, so what do I know?

My opinion only here...

Each reliever should be on a 25-30 pitch count tonight assuming Murphy can get us in too the 5th.  You can play some match ups and such with the plethora of Loseke, Reindle, Ramage, Bolden, Bonnin, Lee, and Cronin.  That list right there will give you 10-15 outs I believe no problem.  If Bonnin or Bolden are first out of the Bullpen and are hot, you ride them very similar to OSU did with Chamberlin.  You can afford for those arms to go longer and burn them for Wednesday.  You can't afford Loseke, Reindl, or Cronin to throw so many they are unavailable tomorrow. 

Win it tonight with the bats and it doesn't matter.  I think we will see some long balls tonight

thebignasty

• I find your lack of faith... disturbing.

My opinion only here...

Each reliever should be on a 25-30 pitch count tonight assuming Murphy can get us in too the 5th.  You can play some match ups and such with the plethora of Loseke, Reindle, Ramage, Bolden, Bonnin, Lee, and Cronin.  That list right there will give you 10-15 outs I believe no problem.  If Bonnin or Bolden are first out of the Bullpen and are hot, you ride them very similar to OSU did with Chamberlin.  You can afford for those arms to go longer and burn them for Wednesday.  You can't afford Loseke, Reindl, or Cronin to throw so many they are unavailable tomorrow. 

Win it tonight with the bats and it doesn't matter.  I think we will see some long balls tonight

If we have a lead, I don't think you hold anything back.

onebadrubi

• Gold Hogvillian

See I saw it as being high too but it was frustratingly inconsistent in that area.

his strike zone was anything below the dick, between the chalk lines occasionally, and above the shoe laces.  He didn't call anything belt high till he called one of the worst calls I have ever seen, late in the game high and way outside on one of our batters.  Forget who now, maybe Bonfield.

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • R_A_Z_O_R_B_A_C_K_S

Looks like I am not going to get anything done today except rest up for the game and get prepared for the game.

oldbear

It was definitely a low strike zone that seemed to frustrate our batters.  Their pitchers saw what he was giving and definitely took advantage of it.  Our pitchers did not really seem to take advantage of the shin high strike, which surprised me, but they were just nasty without it.  Our hitters seemed to never adjust and the few pitches that were left up in the zone, we couldn't seem to get ourselves to swing at and try to take advantage. 

What we did do very well was make Heimlich throw a lot of pitches.  We gave him a chance to make mistakes.  I think we really need our bats to wake up tonight.  I would be shocked to see a pitcher's zone like that again.  By the way, the only close to belt high pitches that the ump gave, were on breaking pitches.  I though he was fairly consistent all in all.  With a game of that caliber the fans are gonna pick it apart.

The real Hogules

• My Hogs are bad ass!

How many schools have won National Championships in Football, Basketball, Baseball and Track and Field?
None that I am able to locate.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 52   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas