• 9,969,130 Posts
• 400,272 Topics
• 22,938 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: READ THIS if you are following the thread tonight  (Read 1899 times)

JHicks3636

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Razorback forever
READ THIS if you are following the thread tonight
« on: June 22, 2018, 11:48:31 am »

I do not want this stickied as I'm not sure everyone reads those. I will bump it as I deem fit. After the Arkansas/TT game I was contacted by an Administrator who felt that some posters interfered with the PBP. I had also noticed this but thought I might be too sensitive since I do so much PBP. We understand that a lot of new posters are on here during the CWS. We also note that excitement is running high among everyone. It has always been a rule that commentary about a play or a reaction to an event occur after the PBP has been posted. Therefore tonight it will be expected that all comments about a play wait until the PBP is posted. Comments like "Boom", "Kjerstad does it again", etc. be posted after the PBP of the event is posted. You'll just have to click until you see the PBP post. Also, Wisco needs no PBP help so there is an absolute ban on posting your own PBP. If anyone violates these rules tonight I will delete the post and warn you. The next time I will forward you to the Admin who brought this to my attention and let him deal with it as he sees fit. I would hate to see anyone removed from the thread. As A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S  and Wisco did with the bold print and color we just want to improve this forum. I think these rules will be welcomed by the vast majority in here as they mainly want to follow the PBP. We still invite your posts during the game. Just make sure PBP remarks are posted at the right time. Thank you.

Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter

• President and life time member of the Hobby Shop.
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • SPORTS HAS NEVER BEEN SO UGLY!
    • facebook.com/uglyuncle.
Re: READ THIS if you are following the thread tonight
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2018, 12:01:25 pm »

I do not want this stickied as I'm not sure everyone reads those. I will bump it as I deem fit. After the Arkansas/TT game I was contacted by an Administrator who felt that some posters interfered with the PBP. I had also noticed this but thought I might be too sensitive since I do so much PBP. We understand that a lot of new posters are on here during the CWS. We also note that excitement is running high among everyone. It has always been a rule that commentary about a play or a reaction to an event occur after the PBP has been posted. Therefore tonight it will be expected that all comments about a play wait until the PBP is posted. Comments like "Boom", "Kjerstad does it again", etc. be posted after the PBP of the event is posted. You'll just have to click until you see the PBP post. Also, Wisco needs no PBP help so there is an absolute ban on posting your own PBP. If anyone violates these rules tonight I will delete the post and warn you. The next time I will forward you to the Admin who brought this to my attention and let him deal with it as he sees fit. I would hate to see anyone removed from the thread. As A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S  and Wisco did with the bold print and color we just want to improve this forum. I think these rules will be welcomed by the vast majority in here as they mainly want to follow the PBP. We still invite your posts during the game. Just make sure PBP remarks are posted at the right time. Thank you.

Here is what I do.

I pause my t.v. from anywhere to 30 seconds to 2 minutes.  So, my t.v. is running a little behind the thread.  That way, when I get really nervous about what is about to happen I can look on the thread and see what is going to happen.  It may seem crazy, but it helps to calm my nerves while watching the game.

It also allows me to post after the PBP about what is going on.

Everyone should try it...well...everyone but the guys doing the PBP.  It really does help.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

PharmacistHog

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Gameday Goon
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2018, 12:10:44 pm »

I support this 100%. The pbp guys work hard to bring us the thread and they do a great job.

HogPharmer

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2018, 12:11:21 pm »

I support this 100%. The pbp guys work hard to bring us the thread and they do a great job.

Sure do work harder than some of the mods around here..... except for pharm and wilson. I love those guys. I even have a crush on wayne.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 12:19:35 pm by PharmacistHog »

SPAL

• Administrator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • I like Big Mike and I cannot lie
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2018, 12:12:15 pm »

My job just got much harder.

JHicks3636

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Razorback forever
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2018, 12:20:01 pm »

I'd also suggest that some of you call your local hospital and ask them to have a good cardiologist on call. If you've been nervous in the other games, this one may put you over the top.

Wisco Pig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2018, 12:26:18 pm »

For my part, I'll post as fast as I can.

Go Hogs!

HogPharmer

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2018, 12:26:56 pm »

Reported to mods

SPAL

• Administrator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2018, 12:29:36 pm »

Sure do work harder than some of the mods around here..... except for pharm and wilson. I love those guys. I even have a crush on wayne.

You don't think the mods work hard?

ricepig

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2018, 12:30:34 pm »

BOOM!

PharmacistHog

• Global Moderator
  • Gameday Goon
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2018, 12:35:13 pm »

He was teasing me. Ironically, I did a little hard work on his post.

StuartDavin

• Varsity
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2018, 12:37:04 pm »

Here is what I do.

I pause my t.v. from anywhere to 30 seconds to 2 minutes.  So, my t.v. is running a little behind the thread.  That way, when I get really nervous about what is about to happen I can look on the thread and see what is going to happen.  It may seem crazy, but it helps to calm my nerves while watching the game.

Everyone should try it...well...everyone but the guys doing the PBP.  It really does help.

Truly believed I was the only one that did this. Not so much for the posting before PBP thing, but in an intense moment..sometimes i'd rather get the bad news from fellow fans. Somehow takes the nerves away a bit.

SPAL

• Administrator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2018, 12:37:22 pm »

He was teasing me. Ironically, I did a little hard work on his post.

I know. I was gonna rag him.

HogPharmer

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2018, 12:38:29 pm »

Some more than others......

PharmacistHog

• Global Moderator
  • Gameday Goon
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2018, 12:38:41 pm »

I know. I was gonna rag him.

And Iím thinking he probably needs to work a few extra saturdays just to learn some respect. Come to think of it, arenít you supposed to be working now junior?  Or are you letting the lady fill all the scripts like usual?

SPAL

• Administrator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2018, 12:39:42 pm »

And Iím thinking he probably needs to work a few extra saturdays just to learn some respect.

He can take my shift.

Knot2brite

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2018, 12:40:57 pm »

Hahahahahahaha

HogPharmer

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2018, 12:51:02 pm »

And Iím thinking he probably needs to work a few extra saturdays just to learn some respect. Come to think of it, arenít you supposed to be working now junior?  Or are you letting the lady fill all the scripts like usual?

Tryin to tell the other lady how to do her job over at the other location.

Dr. Starcs

• Tell me what you don't like about yourself.
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2018, 12:56:02 pm »

We should just have a pbp thread. Keep it locked until half inning breaks or pitching changes etc. I donít know how hard that would be to do.

Jmo.

BroyledNutts

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2018, 12:58:44 pm »

I'll take a self imposed ban in the thread tonight for as long as I can stand it ... I won't be much good anyway ... lots of pacing and cussing ahead ...

That should clean up the thread some ...

Sho Nuff

« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2018, 01:00:50 pm »

Here is what I do.

haha, I do the exact same thing!

Cinco de Hogo

« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2018, 01:10:03 pm »

Iíve pretty much lost the ability to multi-task so you donít have to worry(much) about me watching or listening AND posting here. 😎

By the way itís a good policy and everybody should respect it.

orvillesghost

« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2018, 01:13:00 pm »

I am for this all the way myself,

even though I see it on TV, I still like the official PBP here before reactions

nuts I know...

John Futrall

• In the beginning....
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2018, 01:17:11 pm »

I want to throw out a mea culpa on my end toward the end of the game on Wed.  I got a little overexcited at the end and was posting prior to PBP("K!", "GameOver!".  Thanks to everyone who work hard to make the PBP happen on this board.

Pudgepork

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Horse Racings most unlikely champ
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2018, 01:27:07 pm »

For my part, I'll post as fast as I can.

Go Hogs!

Just bring us a win.  No pressure.  Just the biggest game in the history of the program.   Yeah the hogs have been to this stage before but this time they are of equal talent

Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter

• President and life time member of the Hobby Shop.
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • SPORTS HAS NEVER BEEN SO UGLY!
    • facebook.com/uglyuncle.
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2018, 01:34:01 pm »

Truly believed I was the only one that did this. Not so much for the posting before PBP thing, but in an intense moment..sometimes i'd rather get the bad news from fellow fans. Somehow takes the nerves away a bit.

Exactly.  I feel like it is me getting a word from God about what will happen next...before it happens.  It somehow makes me feel better.

N HOG

« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2018, 01:39:37 pm »

Here is what I do.

Or you could do like JFB did one year at the Cotton Bowl to calm his nerves - go outside and just walk up and down the street.

nesjunk

« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2018, 01:42:17 pm »

I often look at the PBP thread to tell me what's about to happen.  And then remember that I am sitting in the stands watching it live... duh...

PharmacistHog

• Global Moderator
  • Gameday Goon
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2018, 01:50:43 pm »

My son has to play tonight so Iíll have to read the pbp thread when I get home.

JHicks3636

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Razorback forever
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2018, 06:08:53 pm »

Bump

PonderinHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Go Hogs and Go Mike Anderson!
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2018, 08:43:27 pm »

What's the score ???

SPAL

• Administrator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2018, 09:16:25 pm »

Pork Ranger

• Senior
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2018, 09:50:58 pm »

Way to jinx Kjerstad  ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas