• 395,961 Topics
• 22,375 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Cutting the U-verse Cord.....Best options for Razorback football  (Read 4605 times)

rhames

Re: Cutting the U-verse Cord.....Best options for Razorback football
« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2018, 08:55:34 pm »

Thanks guys. After reading all this I was feeling pumped and decided to call dish and demand that they lower my bill. No dice. They quoted me $120. I told them thatís higher than what I pay now. They said well the plan you signed up under 2 years ago goes out next month.

I guess itís up to the ATT store tomorrow to try and negotiate w those creeps.

Well if you're still under contract they aren't going to help you out.

hogsanity

• Gold Hogvillian
  • You like my stripes, I know you do.
« Reply #51 on: June 28, 2018, 10:40:08 am »

Lol. One account with hulu, or direct TV now, or sling, or insert whatever streaming service gives you all that. Amazon and Netflix are separate things you would have to get anyway. Cable or not.

You can stream things live just as if you were watching cable or satellite

A roku basically makes a non smart TV, smart. Same thing for Amazon firestick

I get wanting to stick with satellite, that's what I'm doing. But at least try to know what you're talking about if you're going to diss something haha.

I know I can not get everything I watch with just hulu or direct now. But, I was tongue in cheek when I listed all those things.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Thunderhog Jr

• Chief Potentate of Pork
  • Global Moderator
  • All-American Hogvillian
  • Just a matter of time.........
« Reply #52 on: June 28, 2018, 11:11:31 am »

I know I can not get everything I watch with just hulu or direct now. But, I was tongue in cheek when I listed all those things.

I get 100 channels with DirecTv Now, everything from A&E to USA, $38.00 per month, that includes tax, and watch ESPN for free......I have 200 mbs internet but you can stream with as little as 25 with no problem cause I did with Centurylink before I changed to New Wave.

hogsanity

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #53 on: June 28, 2018, 11:19:33 am »

I get 100 channels with DirecTv Now, everything from A&E to USA, $38.00 per month, that includes tax, and watch ESPN for free......I have 200 mbs internet but you can stream with as little as 25 with no problem cause I did with Centurylink before I changed to New Wave.

How many devices can you watch simultaneously? Do you get cooking channel, american heroes, mlb net, diy, disc health ( those are the 5 I watched last night after the Hogs game )? On net speed, I defer to my son on that, he's the computer whiz ). What's the dvr capabilities?

BearsBisonsBoars

• Senior
  • Arguing with computers for a living
« Reply #54 on: June 28, 2018, 11:42:15 am »

Any sling users?

Me. Was shaky at first, but much better now.

My only complaint is that using it with Ubuntu is a pain in the rear. But that's a small thing.

Thunderhog Jr

• Global Moderator
« Reply #55 on: June 28, 2018, 11:47:44 am »

How many devices can you watch simultaneously? Do you get cooking channel, american heroes, mlb net, diy, disc health ( those are the 5 I watched last night after the Hogs game )? On net speed, I defer to my son on that, he's the computer whiz ). What's the dvr capabilities?

3 devices and yes I get Cooking, AHC, MLB is an app but free, DIY all Discovery Channels.  Haven't missed any Hog games in any sport , including women's sports and a cloud DVR but everything can be watched On Demand so I've never used the DVR.

hogsanity

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #56 on: June 28, 2018, 12:19:27 pm »

3 devices and yes I get Cooking, AHC, MLB is an app but free, DIY all Discovery Channels.  Haven't missed any Hog games in any sport , including women's sports and a cloud DVR but everything can be watched On Demand so I've never used the DVR.

how long does it take to flip between channels?

Thunderhog Jr

• Global Moderator
« Reply #57 on: June 28, 2018, 12:40:27 pm »

how long does it take to flip between channels?

I just go to the guide and scroll to the channel I'm choosing and select it.  There are no numbers like regular tv so you can't go from say, channel 2 to 102 in a push of the button, but maybe 5 seconds to scroll  from a-z.

AirWarren

• Uncommonly, Unfinished Business.
« Reply #58 on: June 28, 2018, 12:51:16 pm »

One month in from cord cutting.

Roku stick.
Hulu live.
Netflix.
HD antenna for locals.

So far I havenít missed one hog post season game. 

58$ cheaper a month too than Dish. 696$ a year cheaper.

LZH

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Tight but Loose
« Reply #59 on: June 28, 2018, 12:57:30 pm »

My only complaint is that using it with Ubuntu is a pain in the rear. But that's a small thing.

I love it.

Pigsknuckles

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • When you least expect it...
« Reply #60 on: June 28, 2018, 01:23:39 pm »

We are still on U-Verse. My wife is retired AT&T, hence we get an attractive concession on it. However, word is that AT&T will be phasing out the U-Verse service, and migrate everyone who wants to stay with AT&T into recently acquired (2016) Direct TV. Looks like if we want to retain the concession we will have to make the switch. Living in Oklahoma, we experience a good deal of dish blocking weather. Hope the service is better than what I had heard about a couple of years back.

intoxhog

• It's history that teaches us to hope.~Robert E Lee
« Reply #61 on: July 01, 2018, 07:59:25 am »

We are still on U-Verse. My wife is retired AT&T, hence we get an attractive concession on it. However, word is that AT&T will be phasing out the U-Verse service, and migrate everyone who wants to stay with AT&T into recently acquired (2016) Direct TV. Looks like if we want to retain the concession we will have to make the switch. Living in Oklahoma, we experience a good deal of dish blocking weather. Hope the service is better than what I had heard about a couple of years back.
Also something to point out is if you have AT&T cellular service you get a big break on the price of DIRECTV NOW  also they have a 20 hour cloud DVR and you have the option or soon will having 100 hours DVR ...

I only pay 25 per month have access to all the ESPNís .. Bought Apple TVs for the whole house and have never had any problems..

I prefer Apple TVs because of the up next menu, it will keep everything in the queue from Hulu, Amazon prime, Hbo and pretty much any other app too your favorite sports teams when they play very convenient

parallaxpig

• Senior
  • Man that ball got outta here in a hurry.
« Reply #62 on: July 01, 2018, 10:23:55 am »

Moving to Fate, TX.......I'm leaning toward PlayStation Vue..Orange.....  Are there better alternatives to see Hog football?

I cut the cord two years ago. I have been happy with PlayStation Vue......  The ESPN app has allowed me to see a a lot of baseball in particular........

rhames

« Reply #63 on: July 01, 2018, 12:23:26 pm »

Also something to point out is if you have AT&T cellular service you get a big break on the price of DIRECTV NOW  also they have a 20 hour cloud DVR and you have the option or soon will having 100 hours DVR ...

I only pay 25 per month have access to all the ESPNís .. Bought Apple TVs for the whole house and have never had any problems..

I prefer Apple TVs because of the up next menu, it will keep everything in the queue from Hulu, Amazon prime, Hbo and pretty much any other app too your favorite sports teams when they play very convenient

I believe this is only true if you have one of their unlimited data plans

I have had the biggest snafu with everything this past week. Moved and had direct TV installed and had a power serge and lost all of my equipment. They came back out and did not have the same programming I had agreed to when I renewed at the first of June. They basically had this bare bones package. After an hour later, and a very patience customer loyalty rep with them, I have everything for 35 bucks a month plus tax for a year.

Breems

• Gold Hogvillian
  • They grow up so fast
« Reply #64 on: July 01, 2018, 12:45:56 pm »

Vue and YouTube TV are by far the best options for sports. Vue has DVR and access to Watch ESPN. Not sure if YouTube TV does.

gchamblee

• Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #65 on: July 01, 2018, 02:57:30 pm »

This last football season all I had was PSVue and I saw every single game we played, even though only a few of them were enjoyable :P

aloha_kid

• Hogvillian
  • CTMCS USN (Ret)
« Reply #66 on: July 01, 2018, 03:28:07 pm »

Vue and YouTube TV are by far the best options for sports. Vue has DVR and access to Watch ESPN. Not sure if YouTube TV does.

YouTube TV does have DVR.

https://tv.youtube.com/welcome/?dclid=CN_vyqre_tsCFcjawAodVP8Frw&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIhO_kpN7-2wIVHp7ACh1b7gAHEAAYASADEgLU-fD_BwE

jneal56

« Reply #67 on: July 01, 2018, 03:40:27 pm »

I dropped Dish last year for the jail broke Amazon Fire Box. Havenít missed a game. Matter of fact, havenít missed anything. It doesnít have SEC Network so I signed into my mother-in-laws Watch ESPN account and all was good. Iíll probably try out Sling for football season this year just to see if the quality will be better. My connection is not the greatest and Cox hasnít been able to correct it in the 11 years Iíve been here but ATT U-Verse is just down the street so hoping itís availabke soon in order to light a fire under Coxís rear or just simply switch over.

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Roastin da bomb in Fayettenam.
« Reply #68 on: July 01, 2018, 03:51:26 pm »

best option is free links online.

rhames

« Reply #69 on: July 01, 2018, 04:07:57 pm »

best option is free links online.

Well yeah....the best of anything is "free", but some people don't like to steal baw

HogBreath

« Reply #70 on: July 01, 2018, 07:31:26 pm »

If cutting the Uverse cord is the best option for Razorback football I say let's just go ahead and do it.

The Great Hambino

« Reply #71 on: July 02, 2018, 10:13:17 am »

Try using a better Linux variant.

hogsanity

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #72 on: July 02, 2018, 10:32:09 am »

Ok, let me go at this another way. I currently have COX, and we have just about every thing they offer, but my 2 year special is up in August. What service or services will I have to subscribe to to be able to stream everything I have now, including the premium channels and the regional sports nets?

rhames

« Reply #73 on: July 02, 2018, 10:41:24 am »

Ok, let me go at this another way. I currently have COX, and we have just about every thing they offer, but my 2 year special is up in August. What service or services will I have to subscribe to to be able to stream everything I have now, including the premium channels and the regional sports nets?

Hulu live or direct TV now should have you covered. Each have the premium channel add on.

I would also look at direct TV if you aren't ready just yet to cut the cord. They have some great deals right now.

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #74 on: July 02, 2018, 11:30:28 am »

Well yeah....the best of anything is "free", but some people don't like to steal baw
steal? LMAO. it's not illegal to watch a stream, BAW. Stealing is what the cable company is doing. Some of us dont like paying for hundreds of channels we never watch because they force us to. So sorry, not sorry.

And dont be callin me a theif, Baw. Ill get in yo jaw ;).

rhames

« Reply #75 on: July 02, 2018, 01:29:04 pm »

steal? LMAO. it's not illegal to watch a stream, BAW. Stealing is what the cable company is doing. Some of us dont like paying for hundreds of channels we never watch because they force us to. So sorry, not sorry.

And dont be callin me a theif, Baw. Ill get in yo jaw ;).

Watching someone else stream something, which they don't have the rights to, is illegal

You're stealing cable. I'm not judging. People have been doing it for years.

Just calling a spade a spade.

razobak

• Calling the Hogs from the top of the Rockies.
« Reply #76 on: July 02, 2018, 04:51:35 pm »

I use Sling and my only issue is sometimes when I use WatchESPN it tries to log me in using my Comcast internet account. $25/month for the Orange subscription with the Sports package. Dropping cable was one of the best decisions I made.

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #77 on: July 02, 2018, 05:13:21 pm »

OzarksGo Gigabit Fiber internet with 1000mb/1000mb download/upload speeds for $79 a month and internet streams are perfect. i have multi-monitors with split screens going and can stream 8+ streams in full HD simultaneously.

007 License To Squeal

• Global Moderator
  • Fmr USAF Combat Crew Titan II Launch Crew Member
« Reply #78 on: July 06, 2018, 12:57:44 pm »

AT&T just gave me a deal on my internet.....I get 300Mb/sec speed for $70 a month.........I am considering Direct TV now.  Can I add a sports package and get SECN?

Thunderhog Jr

• Global Moderator
« Reply #79 on: July 06, 2018, 08:47:32 pm »

AT&T just gave me a deal on my internet.....I get 300Mb/sec speed for $70 a month.........I am considering Direct TV now.  Can I add a sports package and get SECN?

Use your DirecTv Now login to watch the ESPN app for free.   The ESPN app will ask for your tv provider, which is DirecTv Now, just follow the prompts.  Good luck...........

ESPN app has all ESPN channells plus SEC and SEC+, and lots of others, such as ACC, Sunbelt etc............

ThisTeetsTaken

• He is not here, for He has risen, just as He said
« Reply #80 on: July 07, 2018, 09:41:07 am »

YoutubeTV at $35 a month beats all the competition.
I hear YouTube tv is great but that it isnít available in Arkansas yet... is that true?  Also, what is the best option for 6.5MBS internet?

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #81 on: July 07, 2018, 09:46:21 am »

I hear YouTube tv is great but that it isnít available in Arkansas yet... is that true?  Also, what is the best option for 6.5MBS internet?
best option is upgrade that 2001 internet  :-X  ;)

All joking aside, that's WAY too slow. For instance, OzarksGo is 160 TIMES faster. Your streams will freeze and crash and even when they are working will be in super low def. Best decision I ever made was going to OzarksGo.

ThisTeetsTaken

« Reply #82 on: July 07, 2018, 09:57:44 am »

best option is upgrade that 2001 internet  :-X  ;)

All joking aside, that's WAY too slow. For instance, OzarksGo is 160 TIMES faster. Your streams will freeze and crash and even when they are working will be in super low def. Best decision I ever made was going to OzarksGo.

Thatís not available where Iím at.
The 6.5 is all thatís available where I built my house.  Going to have to do.  I donít have any problems with anything freezing but, yes, most of the time itís SD. 

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #83 on: July 07, 2018, 10:07:21 am »

Thatís not available where Iím at.
The 6.5 is all thatís available where I built my house.  Going to have to do.  I donít have any problems with anything freezing but, yes, most of the time itís SD.
ah, yes, the country curse. Certainly has it's advantages out there though. Is it satellite only out there than? I saw somewhere where there are plans to get Hughesnet and Bluehippo up to at least 30mbps sometime pretty soon so maybe that will come available for you.

SD > freezing

ThisTeetsTaken

« Reply #84 on: July 07, 2018, 10:26:47 am »

ah, yes, the country curse. Certainly has it's advantages out there though. Is it satellite only out there than? I saw somewhere where there are plans to get Hughesnet and Bluehippo up to at least 30mbps sometime pretty soon so maybe that will come available for you.

SD > freezing
UVerse Internet is what I was finally able to get.  Had to sweet talk them.   

007 License To Squeal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #85 on: July 07, 2018, 11:07:16 am »

UVerse Internet is what I was finally able to get.  Had to sweet talk them.   

That is what I have.  I live in an extremely new subdivision here in Rockwall county. Optic fiber runs into my garage......I sweet talked them also......I get the Internet 300 plan for $70 a month.  My speeds run between 290-370 MB/sec......which is great when my Son and I play Fortnite.....

ThisTeetsTaken

« Reply #86 on: July 07, 2018, 12:07:43 pm »

That is what I have.  I live in an extremely new subdivision here in Rockwall county. Optic fiber runs into my garage......I sweet talked them also......I get the Internet 300 plan for $70 a month.  My speeds run between 290-370 MB/sec......which is great when my Son and I play Fortnite.....
Haha

TuCanSam

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #87 on: July 07, 2018, 07:40:20 pm »

the trouble I am having is watching games on CBS. To be honest I use my friends ESPN acct and play him $10 a month. Any suggestions on how to watch CBS games live

RazrBakr

• Senior
  • The PRIDE is back!!! GO HOGS!!!
« Reply #88 on: July 07, 2018, 08:28:57 pm »

I have an Amazon Fire TV attached to every TV in the home.  I subscribe to Sling Orange package with the Sports Extra Package.  Orange gives you all the ESPN channels, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3,ESPN U and the SEC Network.  The ESPN app can also be loaded onto your streaming media device and you can sign in with Sling as a provider.  (This works on your phone ESPN app also)  That set up should cover any televised Razorback sports that's available.  This cost's me 24.99/month.  A "new customer"  has to pay$30/month.  I am considered a "legacy subscriber" since I was with them before their rats increased.  The ONLY issue I have with cutting my cord is the fact that I have NO access to St. Louis Cardinals baseball now.  If anyone has a workaround on that I'd be open to suggestions!
     I'd recommend Ozark Go as a broadband provider.  I pay $55/month for fees and equipment and have 100+Mbps speed up and down

InHognito

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #89 on: July 07, 2018, 09:43:47 pm »

I hear YouTube tv is great but that it isnít available in Arkansas yet... is that true?

Any truth to this? Available in Arkansas?

breeves2245

• Walk-On
« Reply #90 on: July 08, 2018, 07:08:32 am »

I have YouTube TV in Bella Vista. I like it, has all the sports channels for $40/mo. DVR is unlimited.

AirWarren

• Uncommonly, Unfinished Business.
« Reply #91 on: July 08, 2018, 08:37:12 am »

the trouble I am having is watching games on CBS. To be honest I use my friends ESPN acct and play him $10 a month. Any suggestions on how to watch CBS games live

Digital HD antenna. Picks up all locals.

Thunderhog Jr

• Global Moderator
« Reply #92 on: July 08, 2018, 09:27:25 am »

CBS All-Access app $5.99 per month.

coach_d24

« Reply #93 on: July 09, 2018, 01:18:27 pm »

Quality of PS Vue is outstanding. Of course it is all dependent on your connection speed as noted above.

Hog Pharm

« Reply #94 on: July 09, 2018, 01:25:28 pm »

I live in NWA and have YouTube tv. Switched from Directv now because YouTube has a few local channels and DVR capability. I like it a lot so far.

007 License To Squeal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #95 on: July 09, 2018, 02:03:41 pm »

I live in NWA and have YouTube tv. Switched from Directv now because YouTube has a few local channels and DVR capability. I like it a lot so far.

Wow!!  I can get locals, SEC Network AND Fox News?????  I think I'm in!!!!!

major_hog_fan

« Reply #96 on: July 09, 2018, 05:44:57 pm »

Yeah I am one of the ones using PS Vue and I have been pleased

I get all ESPNs ( including SEC Network ) and ( my own personal favorite ) the MLB Network.  Couldn't get it with my previous cable provider.  I do get THV11 with it but it is a little sluggish and I vary rarely watch anything on CBS any way, except Razorback football/basketball of course :)

I am a gamer as well so I didn't have to buy any extra equipment either since I can use my PS4 console for PS Vue.  Using my PS4 as my main streaming device right now.  I have a remote for it as well so that helps.  The PS4 ( for all the gamers out there ) will stream Netflix, Amazon Prime, PS Vue, WatchESPN, and MLB.TV ( app is free but need to pay for subscription ).  It can do ( just to name a few ) HBO Now, HBO Go, NBC Sports, CBS All Access, and Hulu ( but not the Hulu Live ).  The Xbox One also has several apps as well and it can do Sling TV I believe

In case you were wondering you DO NOT have to have a Playstation console to use PS Vue ( poor naming on Sony's part ).  You can use a Roku or Amazon Fire TV

WPS!!

007 License To Squeal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #97 on: July 09, 2018, 05:53:20 pm »

OK...after a few hours of Youtube TV, I am very happy so far.....I get the Dallas area locals, ESPN, SECN, ESPNU, ESPN2, ESPN News, CBS SN, Fox News, and a lot more........I will continue testing, but so far, this is a winner.

You can try a free week before your payment begins.

dqhog

« Reply #98 on: July 09, 2018, 06:10:01 pm »

That's correct. That's what I use. I've also tried DirectTV Now for 3 months. I cancelled my Sling and tried the Direct because I got (another) free Apple TV just for prepaying 3 months of DirectTV NOW. A brand new Apple TV is ~$180. I got it for free when I paid $105 for 3 months of TV service. I like both providers equally but have switched back to Sling so I could get the SEC Network at a (slightly) cheaper rate.

I did the same thing as HogPharmer.  I have my Direct TV Now account until Sept 9, if they still have the free Apple TV thing going may sign up for another round but I like the Sling interface a bit better. 

hawaiianhogster

• Band Nerd
« Reply #99 on: July 14, 2018, 05:30:38 pm »

I went from Oceanic Cable (Spectrum) to Hawaiian-tel since they put Fiber Optics in our neighborhood. I see plenty sports channels, all the local channels plus too many other channels I never watch.

I don't know if Hulu, Direct TV, or the other providers have those Korean channels. My wife and mother-in-law records those channels and watches them everyday. I have 4 TV's connected to a box. I'm satisfied with the service but I'm sure there might be cheaper providers out there.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas