• 10,011,649 Posts
• 401,340 Topics
• 22,970 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: From what I知 hearing about the team and pickup UPDATED  (Read 35622 times)

opineonswine

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Go Hogs!
Re: From what I知 hearing about the team and pickup UPDATED
« Reply #200 on: August 06, 2018, 07:34:11 am »

Can we please get back to talking about how the players are doing in pickup games. What happened to the HV member that used to go and watch pickup games and report back?

BannerMountainMan

« Reply #201 on: August 06, 2018, 08:09:27 am »

Preseason picked 13th by the college basketball man himself Jon rothstein,  easy money

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Hawg Red

« Reply #202 on: August 06, 2018, 08:19:25 am »

Preseason picked 13th by the college basketball man himself Jon rothstein,  easy money

About to make a thread with all the SEC stuff he's tweeted today...

BannerMountainMan

« Reply #203 on: August 06, 2018, 08:24:17 am »

About to make a thread with all the SEC stuff he's tweeted today...
do it, I guess Arkansas won稚 be picked in the top 8 because there is to many 賭uestions but I think all can be answered with hard work

HOGINTENNESSEE

• Ryan Mallett: "I don't get nervous"
« Reply #204 on: August 06, 2018, 08:27:38 am »

Well MA will add to that number of times he has outperformed preseason rankings.

How are we behind UGA with Gafford returning?

Hawg Red

« Reply #205 on: August 06, 2018, 08:37:22 am »

Well MA will add to that number of times he has outperformed preseason rankings.

How are we behind UGA with Gafford returning?

Mike is almost guaranteed to outperform that ranking of 13th. That is egregious.

HOGINTENNESSEE

• Ryan Mallett: "I don't get nervous"
« Reply #206 on: August 06, 2018, 09:07:22 am »

Mike is almost guaranteed to outperform that ranking of 13th. That is egregious.

I can understand us being in the double digits. From the outside we lost a lot and didn稚 gain a lot. (However I think Harris, Joe and Chaney are impact players next year)

But UGA and Ole Miss?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 09:19:00 am by HOGINTENNESSEE »

The_Iceman

• Gold Hogvillian
  • The Plaque for Alternates is in the Ladies room.
« Reply #207 on: August 06, 2018, 09:36:16 am »

You would really have to do a lot of research to understand why Arkansas even has a chance to be decent this year. I believe they do have a chance, but there is also a huge chance this season bombs due to the inexperience and lack of tested playmakers on the perimeter.

batmanfan

« Reply #208 on: August 06, 2018, 10:09:15 am »

I don't see several of those teams finishing ahead of us.

However, JR did pick Ethan Henderson as an impact freshman..so that tells you all you need to know about how much he has been keeping up with Ark this offseason. Not hating on EH, but I think we all know there are 5-6 newcomers who will make a bigger impact than him this year.

JR likely looked at the rosters and looked at each teams highest rated freshmen to make these picks.

The_Iceman

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #209 on: August 06, 2018, 10:22:27 am »

However, JR did pick Ethan Henderson as an impact freshman..so that tells you all you need to know about how much he has been keeping up with Ark this offseason. Not hating on EH, but I think we all know there are 5-6 newcomers who will make a bigger impact than him this year.

JR likely looked at the rosters and looked at each teams highest rated freshmen to make these picks.

Agreed. Joe, Embery, and Chaney will all have a bigger impact.

daprospecta

« Reply #210 on: August 06, 2018, 10:42:19 am »

You would really have to do a lot of research to understand why Arkansas even has a chance to be decent this year. I believe they do have a chance, but there is also a huge chance this season bombs due to the inexperience and lack of tested playmakers on the perimeter.
There is NOT a huge chance this season bombs. We have shooters AND a top 10 center. You double DG, we kick out and make you pay, you double our shooters, we get DG one and one and he goes to work.  I'm not saying we will be a final four team but this is still an NCAA team.

MakingPlays

« Reply #211 on: August 06, 2018, 10:42:26 am »

I don't even think he did that.  Because if he did Ole Miss would still be below us.  Their recruiting class was worse and they were absolutely terrible last year and they bring in 7 newcomers, while losing a lot of their production.  It just makes no sense to anyone that remotely did their research.

Hawg Red

« Reply #212 on: August 06, 2018, 11:26:29 am »

I don't see Arkansas finishing below 10th this season, so if they do that, they haven't bombed the season in my eyes. The SEC is a lot tougher now. 10th is disappointing and a step back, but the league put 8 teams in the NCAA tournament last season. Don't see quite that many this year, but I would be shocked if we finished below 10th.

liljo

« Reply #213 on: August 06, 2018, 07:05:59 pm »

I think we have a chance to make the NCAA tournament this year. This very young team has the potential to develop great chemistry a lot faster than many other young teams.

hogwood

• Hogvillian
  • Just Chillin' Like A Villain
« Reply #214 on: August 06, 2018, 07:21:37 pm »

MSU and LSU are way overrated here. I expect us to be in the top 8 this year, maybe higher, and contending for an at large bid in the NCAAT.

Letsroll1200

• Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #215 on: August 07, 2018, 07:39:46 am »

MSU and LSU are way overrated here. I expect us to be in the top 8 this year, maybe higher, and contending for an at large bid in the NCAAT.

LSU and MSU are loaded! State is so good I can see Perry coming off the bench.

The_Iceman

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #216 on: August 07, 2018, 08:26:31 am »

LSU will be good for one main reason, they have a stud point guard leading all the talent Wade has recruited there. He had a plan for how to built a roster to succeed.

Mississippi State is finally at a point to where they should be good. Been a long rebuild for them. They paid good money they Adidas to get Reggie Perry, so they should expect good things. I personally hope those cheaters dont win a damn game.

Hawg Red

« Reply #217 on: August 07, 2018, 08:28:33 am »

LSU will be good for one main reason, they have a stud point guard leading all the talent Wade has recruited there. He had a plan for how to built a roster to succeed.

Mississippi State is finally at a point to where they should be good. Been a long rebuild for them. They paid good money they Adidas to get Reggie Perry, so they should expect good things. I personally hope those cheaters dont win a damn game.

Pointless. They will win more than a few. Save it for postseason.

FineAsSwine

« Reply #218 on: August 07, 2018, 09:15:09 am »

I think we have a chance to make the NCAA tournament this year. This very young team has the potential to develop great chemistry a lot faster than many other young teams.

I like this idea of us having a (snowballs) chance (in hell) of making the NCAA tournament this year but what makes you think that this very young team has the potential to develop great chemistry a lot faster than many other young teams?

Pigcrazy

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #219 on: August 07, 2018, 09:28:49 am »

Wow. Reading the headline you would think this thread was about pick up games...

MakingPlays

« Reply #220 on: August 07, 2018, 10:28:48 am »

You do realize Will Wade has been accused of cheating more recently than Howland has right?  Although I believe both are cheating.

But, it's like an open secret that Wade is cheating though.  That's why you really don't hear many people give him his props on recruiting, because they know he's cheating.  Even NCAA even knows it, however since NCAA is a joke, they won't do anything about it, they'll pretend like they care and then let it go as they always do.

https://www.si.com/college-basketball/2018/02/25/lsu-will-wade-recruiting-tactics-investigated-ncaa

hogwood

• Hogvillian
« Reply #221 on: August 07, 2018, 12:05:21 pm »

They were loaded with talent last year too - more than us on paper. Yet every year they underperform. I can't put any stock in them.

BannerMountainMan

« Reply #222 on: August 07, 2018, 12:43:30 pm »

Just some more to look forward too- Desi Sills 61 and can fly like a freaking monster
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_hGMKK6bLYA

Big Nasty 34

• All-American Hogvillian
  • John 3:16
« Reply #223 on: August 07, 2018, 01:01:29 pm »

There is NOT a huge chance this season bombs. We have shooters AND a top 10 center. You double DG, we kick out and make you pay, you double our shooters, we get DG one and one and he goes to work.  I'm not saying we will be a final four team but this is still an NCAA team.

I知 just curious, who all are our 都hooters?

I値l give you Jones and Joe, but I知 pretty sure Isaiah even shot under 40% as a senior. I hope I知 wrong, but I don稚 see us having that many shooters at all.

BannerMountainMan

« Reply #224 on: August 07, 2018, 01:19:52 pm »

I知 just curious, who all are our 都hooters?

I値l give you Jones and Joe, but I知 pretty sure Isaiah even shot under 40% as a senior. I hope I知 wrong, but I don稚 see us having that many shooters at all.
Jones, Joe, Sills, Embery can all shoot, and Harris has really improved his shot so has Phillips

Letsroll1200

« Reply #225 on: August 07, 2018, 01:34:02 pm »

I really like Miss. State. They have all the pieces to be a Sweet 16 type of team this year. If Howland can put it together they are going to be something this season. Wade is openly cheating at LSU. He just signed another big time freshman that reclassified to play this season. Hopefully Garland can get cleared for the Razorbacks and the team can develop some chemistry.

Big Nasty 34

• John 3:16
« Reply #226 on: August 07, 2018, 02:05:28 pm »

Jones, Joe, Sills, Embery can all shoot, and Harris has really improved his shot so has Phillips

I hope so, I値l believe it when I see it, though.

BannerMountainMan

rzrbackramsfan

• "Winners never quit, quitters never win"
« Reply #228 on: August 07, 2018, 07:51:28 pm »

Just some more to look forward too- Desi Sills 61 and can fly like a freaking monster
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_hGMKK6bLYA

And this is our new beard lol. 

hogwood

• Hogvillian
« Reply #229 on: August 07, 2018, 08:37:12 pm »

We just got an upgrade

BannerMountainMan

« Reply #230 on: August 08, 2018, 08:28:40 am »

if you base that off because they have the same features and both are lefties then you are just complaining just to complain, Sills is a lockdown defender who works harder than anybody I know and also won稚 be using any counterfeit money.

Letsroll1200

« Reply #231 on: August 08, 2018, 08:53:29 am »

Sills is more athletic and quicker than Beard could ever imagine.

HoopS

« Reply #232 on: August 08, 2018, 08:59:39 am »

I値l be glad when we get the Beard bashing crap out of our system here.

razorback1829

« Reply #233 on: August 08, 2018, 09:06:32 am »

Beard was one of the LR kids we recruited that actually came here to play instead of going to a rival. Somehow made it all 4 years. Wish him well in whatever he does.

rzrbackramsfan

• "Winners never quit, quitters never win"
« Reply #234 on: August 08, 2018, 09:51:41 am »

if you base that off because they have the same features and both are lefties then you are just complaining just to complain, Sills is a lockdown defender who works harder than anybody I know and also won稚 be using any counterfeit money.

I meant that I see Sills playing a similar role.  I also see sills having a lot of the same strengths as beard too.  I mean can you imagine beard with a little more height and the ability to play above the rim.  Pretty scary player right there.

Wasn稚 trying to bash beard.  Beards awesome in my book. 

BannerMountainMan

« Reply #235 on: August 08, 2018, 10:39:37 am »

I meant that I see Sills playing a similar role.  I also see sills having a lot of the same strengths as beard too.  I mean can you imagine beard with a little more height and the ability to play above the rim.  Pretty scary player right there.

Wasn稚 trying to bash beard.  Beards awesome in my book.
oh for sure! Although Beard had his best season as a Freshman and declined from there on and then had a decent senior season, hopefully Sills will put his head down and hit the ground running

hogwood

• Hogvillian
« Reply #236 on: August 08, 2018, 10:52:53 am »

The comment you are replying to is not bashing Beard but actually bashing those who have have compared Sills to Beard.

Kevin McPherson

« Reply #237 on: August 08, 2018, 12:01:24 pm »

Beard was one of the LR kids we recruited that actually came here to play instead of going to a rival. Somehow made it all 4 years. Wish him well in whatever he does.

Letsroll1200

« Reply #238 on: August 08, 2018, 06:47:18 pm »

Why does Kentucky play every year during this time in the Bahamas? What is that about? The young Hogs could use that experience

HogBreath

« Reply #239 on: August 08, 2018, 10:23:16 pm »

I値l be glad when we get the Beard bashing crap out of our system here.
I'll be glad when people quit derailing the thread whining about past players.

FineAsSwine

« Reply #240 on: August 10, 2018, 08:04:19 pm »

Haven't heard much about Gafford, except that he likes playing with Jalen Harris. Any info?

draftkings33

• Senior
« Reply #241 on: August 11, 2018, 10:58:23 am »

I saw him play a lot in HS.  I don't think he will play that much this year.  Maybe 12 min a game.  Just not ready

draftkings33

• Senior
« Reply #242 on: August 11, 2018, 11:07:13 am »

Haven't heard much about Gafford, except that he likes playing with Jalen Harris. Any info?
Harris is a pass first PG.  Very quick and explosive.

BannerMountainMan

« Reply #243 on: August 11, 2018, 01:54:33 pm »

i don稚 think we値l need to worry about how Gafford is doing,  Nike camp is going well for him I heard

Dominicanhog

« Reply #244 on: August 11, 2018, 04:13:01 pm »

We won't finish lower than 8th..  doesn't matter how much better the SEC is, I just can't see Mike's team finishing 13th...

ShadowHawg

« Reply #245 on: August 12, 2018, 05:24:05 pm »

You do realize Will Wade has been accused of cheating more recently than Howland has right?  Although I believe both are cheating.

But, it's like an open secret that Wade is cheating though.  That's why you really don't hear many people give him his props on recruiting, because they know he's cheating.  Even NCAA even knows it, however since NCAA is a joke, they won't do anything about it, they'll pretend like they care and then let it go as they always do.

https://www.si.com/college-basketball/2018/02/25/lsu-will-wade-recruiting-tactics-investigated-ncaa

I agree that he cheats but LSU is exactly the kind of school the NCAA has busted in the past. They won't touch Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, or Carolina but they will hammer down on a non blue blood should they have something they can prove.

AlmaHog2011

• Hogvillian
« Reply #246 on: August 12, 2018, 07:39:13 pm »

What other school was a real option for Beard? I agree time to move on but I sure hope to not see another Beard.

Dan42AR

« Reply #247 on: August 12, 2018, 07:53:28 pm »

What other school was a real option for Beard? I agree time to move on but I sure hope to not see another Beard.

Actually I seem to remember that he flipped from Missouri to us.

Hawg Red

« Reply #248 on: August 12, 2018, 08:03:19 pm »

Actually I seem to remember that he flipped from Missouri to us.

You池e absolutely right. Anton Beard originally committed to Missouri and had heavy interest from LSU. 247 shows offers from Arkansas, Missouri, LSU, Florida, Florida St., Georgetown, Memphis, Mississippi St., and Tennessee on his recruiting page. He was a consensus 4-star recruit and ranked in the top 120 of his recruiting class. He has numerous options at the high-major level.

PonderinHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Go Hogs and Go Mike Anderson!
« Reply #249 on: August 13, 2018, 07:45:18 am »

You池e absolutely right. Anton Beard originally committed to Missouri and had heavy interest from LSU. 247 shows offers from Arkansas, Missouri, LSU, Florida, Florida St., Georgetown, Memphis, Mississippi St., and Tennessee on his recruiting page. He was a consensus 4-star recruit and ranked in the top 120 of his recruiting class. He has numerous options at the high-major level.
Not any more...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas