• 9,882,540 Posts
• 398,197 Topics
• 22,806 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ump Cam & CWS Post Game Press Conferences  (Read 525 times)

HamIAm

Ump Cam & CWS Post Game Press Conferences
« on: June 14, 2018, 05:02:49 pm »

ESPN3 will be carrying an UmpCam broadcast of each game.  Also post game press conferences.

onebadrubi

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
Re: Ump Cam & CWS Post Game Press Conferences
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2018, 05:16:19 pm »

That ump cam will be worth watching!!

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

TebowHater

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • DMAC > teBLOW
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2018, 06:18:12 pm »

That ump cam will be worth watching!!

Usually it's just the blurry view from his mask mounted camera. No audio, sadly.

I'd love so much to hear DVH and the umpires on a hot mic like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEZgWIw_5EY

onebadrubi

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2018, 06:24:24 pm »

Usually it's just the blurry view from his mask mounted camera. No audio, sadly.

I'd love so much to hear DVH and the umpires on a hot mic like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEZgWIw_5EY

They've had the cam before but they got to select what they show us.  If it were being live streamed to where we got to see every pitch from his angle, that would really be something. I think it will show just how much guessing they really go through when setting up 10" on the inside of the plate and try to call the outside corner, which I think is BS

razCzar

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2018, 06:37:17 pm »

Pudgepork

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Horse Racings most unlikely champ
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2018, 07:13:45 pm »

I'd love to see some 95 mph fastballs rattle Costello s mask.   Bout 4 per inning should do it

razCzar

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2018, 07:37:19 pm »

Ran across more on the UmpCam plus other Espin coverage:
https://espnmediazone.com/us/press-releases/2018/06/every-game-every-angle-every-moment-from-omaha-and-the-college-world-series-on-espn-networks/

ESPN Gets Eyes on Every Angle

UmpCam Returns:  For the fourth consecutive year, UmpCam returns to ESPN’s CWS coverage. A high definition camera affixed to the mask of the home plate umpires will provide fans with a field-level view of the game from the umpire’s perspective. UmpCam will be used as both a live camera and for replays.  In addition to the UmpCam, game officials will also wear microphones, providing on-field dialogue throughout the telecast

ESPN3 Surround Coverage:  For the fifth year, ESPN will offer an “ESPN3 Surround” presentation of every College World Series game. The experience made its debut on the College World Series Finals in 2014. ESPN3 Surround provides a complementary viewing experience to the traditional telecast with enhanced access to ESjavascript:void(0)PN camera and audio feeds such as robotic cameras mounted in the dugouts, and on the screen behind home plate.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas