• 9,968,195 Posts
• 400,243 Topics
• 22,937 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SEC Schedule released today.  (Read 2325 times)

SemperHawg

Dwight_K_Shrute

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Follow @fakewallyhall.
    • Missing your favorite thread?  It's probably in Vents and Rumors
Re: SEC Schedule released today.
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2018, 12:52:43 pm »

In picture form

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

ADavisTheGOAT

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2018, 01:01:13 pm »

So when do we get Kentucky home and home again?

navyhog24

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2018, 02:59:37 pm »

We'll be lucky to make the NIT. I see maybe 2 road wins next season.

hogsanity

• Gold Hogvillian
  • You like my stripes, I know you do.
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2018, 03:04:40 pm »

So when do we get Kentucky home and home again?

Why does it have to be home and home? Had them at home last year and well....................

Letsroll1200

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2018, 03:49:01 pm »

4 wins on the road will be good.

Dwight_K_Shrute

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Follow @fakewallyhall.
    • Missing your favorite thread?  It's probably in Vents and Rumors
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2018, 04:31:14 pm »

4 wins on the road will be good.

OM SC A&M Vandy are all decent chances for road wins.  I like the home schedule in that it's easier than the road schedule.  If the league stays strong 9-9 with around 20 wins total can get you into the dance.

Swinesong1

• All-American Hogvillian
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2018, 04:50:17 pm »

KYs young pups are gonna get baptized!  They play the tough teams twice.  I like the home schedule for the Hogs.  If they can get four road wins, this might be a pretty good SEC season.

HawgsPolo

• Varsity
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2018, 04:58:34 pm »

We'll be lucky to make the NIT. I see maybe 2 road wins next season.

Based on what because rosters arenít finalized?? And donít tell me you know that much about the other teams to make such a statement.

Kevin McPherson

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2018, 05:24:56 pm »

* Interesting to note by looking at those home/road SEC matchups, Hogs will host Mississippi State and former Arkansas commit Reggie Perry ... should be an interesting night at Bud Walton Arena ...

https://twitter.com/ARHoopScoop/status/1004488478556639234

ADavisTheGOAT

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2018, 05:26:19 pm »

* Interesting to note by looking at those home/road SEC matchups, Hogs will host Mississippi State and former Arkansas commit Reggie Perry ... should be an interesting night at Bud Walton Arena ...

https://twitter.com/ARHoopScoop/status/1004488478556639234
It sucks Monk never got to visit BWA, but RP visiting is going to be the next best thing.  ;D

k.c.hawg

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2018, 07:27:38 pm »

Getting Auburn once, Kentucky once and Mississippi St once seems like a good break. LSU twice seems like the only real tough home and home.

batmanfan

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2018, 07:41:10 pm »

Will Perry get an Archie like reception or more of a Kevaughn Allen like reception?

navyhog24

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2018, 08:14:55 pm »

Will Perry get an Archie like reception or more of a Kevaughn Allen like reception?

Heís gonna get more of GFY reception at least from me.

k.c.hawg

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2018, 08:36:20 pm »

I'm suspecting it will be raining Monopoly money!!

Big Nasty 34

• John 3:16
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2018, 10:15:37 am »

Hogville is great. Last year half of the posters were apprehensive about being a Tourney team because we lost so much in Moses and Dusty and had unproven pieces. Now we lose everyone but Daniel basically and people think we will win 20 games, about what was predicted for last years team lol.

BannerMountainMan

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2018, 10:24:50 am »

Hogville is great. Last year half of the posters were apprehensive about being a Tourney team because we lost so much in Moses and Dusty and had unproven pieces. Now we lose everyone but Daniel basically and people think we will win 20 games, about what was predicted for last years team lol.
Arkansas will win 20 games next year, it might be only 20 but they will win 20. I figure it will be a year wear CMA schedules an easy OOC schedule and gets 10-11 wins, and we win 8-9 in conf.

Big Nasty 34

• John 3:16
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2018, 09:24:00 pm »

Arkansas will win 20 games next year, it might be only 20 but they will win 20. I figure it will be a year wear CMA schedules an easy OOC schedule and gets 10-11 wins, and we win 8-9 in conf.

Gonna need a really easy non con with the lack of experience and chemistry that weíll have.

BannerMountainMan

« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2018, 09:59:12 pm »

Gonna need a really easy non con with the lack of experience and chemistry that weíll have.
all these Arkansas kids have been playing together for years, chemistry is not going to be the problem, who is going to step up and start is the only issue.

razorback1829

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2018, 08:57:32 am »

all these Arkansas kids have been playing together for years, chemistry is not going to be the problem, who is going to step up and start is the only issue.

New team, new chemistry. Every team has to develop it. Doesnít hurt that they played together. Some of them anyways.

Hawg Red

« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2018, 11:01:14 am »

Henderson, Joe and Sills have been playing together for years. Everyone else? Not so much. There are only 3 returning players from last year's team that played in game action. Jalen Harris was on the team but only practiced (much different environment). Khalil Garland was not able to scrimmage, so he's practically not even on the team.

You're making a dangerous assumption by saying chemistry will not be an issue. Hopefully isn't not, but everyone should prepare for a team with 8 newcomers to work out some chemistry issues.

FineAsSwine

• Hogville think tank
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2018, 03:37:40 pm »

Henderson, Joe and Sills have been playing together for years. Everyone else? Not so much. There are only 3 returning players from last year's team that played in game action. Jalen Harris was on the team but only practiced (much different environment). Khalil Garland was not able to scrimmage, so he's practically not even on the team.

You're making a dangerous assumption by saying chemistry will not be an issue. Hopefully isn't not, but everyone should prepare for a team with 8 newcomers to work out some chemistry issues.

I'm ready. I survived the 2015 team with Keaton Miles and the gang. This should be a cake walk by comparison.

I think we stumble to 17 to 19 wins with some solid victories mixed in with some agonizing games that slipped away. Of course, we will have a couple of blowout losses to a solid team or two while they learn on the go but I am going to enjoy watching CMA come into the pressers hoarse from hollering after every game.

It is certainly going to be a bumpy ride but that still beats a raggedy walk.

Hawg Red

« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2018, 05:59:13 pm »

I'm ready. I survived the 2015 team with Keaton Miles and the gang. This should be a cake walk by comparison.

I think we stumble to 17 to 19 wins with some solid victories mixed in with some agonizing games that slipped away. Of course, we will have a couple of blowout losses to a solid team or two while they learn on the go but I am going to enjoy watching CMA come into the pressers hoarse from hollering after every game.

It is certainly going to be a bumpy ride but that still beats a raggedy walk.

17-19 wins is not great and is something you see from a team that either lacks talent or chemistry. Or leadership. That 2015 team won 16 games so Iím struggling to see how 17 wins is a cake walk by comparison.

FineAsSwine

• Hogville think tank
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2018, 06:06:53 pm »

17-19 wins is not great and is something you see from a team that either lacks talent or chemistry. Or leadership. That 2015 team won 16 games so Iím struggling to see how 17 wins is a cake walk by comparison.

You will probably disagree but my point was based on my opinion that the SEC is a lot stronger now than it was in 2015. To me, getting 17-19 wins will probably get this team into the NIT. More than that and we are in the tourney.

Hawg Red

« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2018, 08:21:48 pm »

You will probably disagree but my point was based on my opinion that the SEC is a lot stronger now than it was in 2015. To me, getting 17-19 wins will probably get this team into the NIT. More than that and we are in the tourney.

I can see that, but I think weíre still year-to-year with how strong the SEC is. Donít think youíre going to see as many teams in the Big Dance from the SEC this season. The Hogs, A&M, Alabama, and Auburn are far from sure things out of lasr yearís bids. Kentucky, Florida and Tennessee looks solid. Mississippi State will likely get in. Ole Miss and UGA are going through coaching changes. Vandy is a wild card. SC doesnít look too hot. 2016 SEC only 3 teams in and the 2018 SEC got 8 teams in. Itís going to be somewhere in between that, probably 5 or 6 teams. I still think weíre going to have to be firmly into the 20s in the win column, and at that point, weíre talking about a record similar to last yearís team but we have no seniors and one junior.

FineAsSwine

• Hogville think tank
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2018, 08:42:33 pm »

I think the smart play is to pull a MState, Auburn type of noncon and try to go into conference play with only a loss or two, then try to hold serve at home and grind out 3 to 4 wins on the road.

ICEman

« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2018, 11:07:08 pm »

Good to see Florida finally cycle back around to a home game.

MakingPlays

« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2018, 09:05:32 am »

Yea I agree I think our OOC schedule will be pretty easy this year, the staff always makes their OOC based on the returning experience.  The fact we haven't heard anything about us being in a early season tournament leads me to believe all of our games outside of BWA are already known.  We know we play Texas (Neutral), Texas Tech (Away), NLR Game (Neutral), and Colorado State (Away).  My guess is the schedule will resemble the 16-17 schedule when we played a bunch of mid-majors at home and the only games away from BWA were were Minnesota (Away), Ok State (Away), Texas (Neutral), Sam Houston State (Neutral).

If they do that.  You can probably pencil in 10-11 wins in non-conference.  Then win 7 of 9 at home in conference,  and win 2-3 games on the road in SEC, there's your 20 wins.  However, that 20 wins may not be enough to make the tournament depending on how strong those non-conference teams end up being.  Hopefully we see some schools like UT-Arlington, Stephen F. Austin, and Middle Tennessee State on the schedule.

k.c.hawg

« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2018, 11:39:57 am »

I can see that, but I think weíre still year-to-year with how strong the SEC is. Donít think youíre going to see as many teams in the Big Dance from the SEC this season. The Hogs, A&M, Alabama, and Auburn are far from sure things out of lasr yearís bids. Kentucky, Florida and Tennessee looks solid. Mississippi State will likely get in. Ole Miss and UGA are going through coaching changes. Vandy is a wild card. SC doesnít look too hot. 2016 SEC only 3 teams in and the 2018 SEC got 8 teams in. Itís going to be somewhere in between that, probably 5 or 6 teams. I still think weíre going to have to be firmly into the 20s in the win column, and at that point, weíre talking about a record similar to last yearís team but we have no seniors and one junior.

I've heard two well respected national basketball writers in the last 3 days, throw Auburn in right behind Tennessee and Kentucky and describe them as a solid Top 25 team. They lost some but they have a lot of scoring and rebounding coming back.

Hawg Red

« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2018, 06:15:59 pm »

I've heard two well respected national basketball writers in the last 3 days, throw Auburn in right behind Tennessee and Kentucky and describe them as a solid Top 25 team. They lost some but they have a lot of scoring and rebounding coming back.

Cool.

I donít consider them a lock to go back to the tournament and they donít have much in their recent history for me to give them the benefit of the doubt. Preseason top 25 doesnít do much for me.

Letsroll1200

« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2018, 06:37:28 pm »

Cool.

I donít consider them a lock to go back to the tournament and they donít have much in their recent history for me to give them the benefit of the doubt. Preseason top 25 doesnít do much for me.

Auburn has two of the best guards in the conference returning. They will be right there in the mix of things.

Hawg Red

« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2018, 08:00:40 am »

Auburn has two of the best guards in the conference returning. They will be right there in the mix of things.

Maybe they will. But I'm not assuming so. They lost Heron and Desean Murray, Horace Spencer has been a bust, and who knows when Anfernee McLemore will be ready to play after that gruesome injury late in the season. They have 0 players in their recruiting class. They only lost talent.

HognitiveDissonance

« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2018, 10:08:38 am »

First glance at that schedule and nothing stands out to me, as being an easier sched or harder sched.
Looks about normal to me.

MakingPlays

« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2018, 12:01:34 pm »

Maybe they will. But I'm not assuming so. They lost Heron and Desean Murray, Horace Spencer has been a bust, and who knows when Anfernee McLemore will be ready to play after that gruesome injury late in the season. They have 0 players in their recruiting class. They only lost talent.

I was actually thinking Auburn would definitely be a top 4 team in conference, but you make some valid points.  I didn't realize their 2018 class was almost non-existent.  Looks like they just signed a 5'11 JUCO SG and that's it.

Heron was a big part of what they did that was a huge loss.  And McLemore is coming back from season ending injury as you mentioned, there's a big question mark on him.  Plus, Wiley hasn't played organized basketball in over a year.   Just thinking about it more and looking at their roster, it wouldn't surprised me if they had some struggles and underachieved, outside of last year Pearl had been underachieving with them.  Really all they have back that's proven is Harper and Brown.  And Brown can be streaky and not show up sometimes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas