• 396,082 Topics
• 22,370 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 15 yard penalty for kneeling during the anthem?  (Read 706 times)

311Hog

15 yard penalty for kneeling during the anthem?
« on: May 23, 2018, 12:03:44 pm »

Lol how stupid can the NFL be.  "both teams kneel" off setting penalties ...... "more fuel for the fire".

vandybuff

Re: 15 yard penalty for kneeling during the anthem?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2018, 06:54:17 pm »

Will there be a "kneel, pass, run option"? 

God bless you NFL, I once attended.  Now, I do not even watch.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Luke STYwalker

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2018, 02:04:55 pm »

I see your point, but are you suggesting they NFL keep doing nothing about this?   
   The entire stadiums across the country Boo every time they do it.  It is clear the "fans" do not like it.  Reguardless of what is written by the left wing media.  Shouldn't they make every effort to put it to rest?

Dillar Dog

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2018, 02:20:40 pm »

I see your point, but are you suggesting they NFL keep doing nothing about this?   
   The entire stadiums across the country Boo every time they do it.  It is clear the "fans" do not like it.  Reguardless of what is written by the left wing media.  Shouldn't they make every effort to put it to rest?

People shouldn't be booing during the national anthem either.

Luke STYwalker

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2018, 02:35:32 pm »

lol.

Dillar Dog

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2018, 02:41:21 pm »

Well, I was being serious.

I guess it did sound like a joke though.

311Hog

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2018, 02:51:12 pm »

or getting a beer, taking a piss, talking on their phones, what else ? hell i would be happy if just once everyone SUNG the national anthem, almost the entire audience just stands there and barely mouths the words if that.

If you are going to hold someone to a higher standard than you hold for yourself what does that say about you.

(figurative you not you specifically Dillar Dog).

Dillar Dog

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2018, 02:52:25 pm »

Exactly. 

Luke STYwalker

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2018, 04:05:08 pm »

or getting a beer, taking a piss, talking on their phones, what else ? hell i would be happy if just once everyone SUNG the national anthem, almost the entire audience just stands there and barely mouths the words if that.

If you are going to hold someone to a higher standard than you hold for yourself what does that say about you.

(figurative you not you specifically Dillar Dog).
I don't have a problem with any of this.
   I guess I would prefer if everyone just turn the tv off or not go to the games rather than boo.   The booing doesn't seem to do anything.

vandybuff

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2018, 05:30:19 pm »

thank you and I so, so agree.  First, booing simply shows you are lacking ... if we don't like the policy, stay home.  Second:  just because the players, teams and network want to us this to generate interest (meaning revenue) does not mean we should play along.  Third:  for the decent guys in the league, 'fix your problem'. 

Luke STYwalker

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2018, 11:16:48 am »

thank you and I so, so agree.  First, booing simply shows you are lacking ... if we don't like the policy, stay home.  Second:  just because the players, teams and network want to us this to generate interest (meaning revenue) does not mean we should play along.  Third:  for the decent guys in the league, 'fix your problem'. 
  Very well put,  If you are booing, it means you are there and therefore still supporting it with your money and your presence.  You gotta stay home to get there attention.

Wildhog

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2018, 09:28:00 pm »

I love football, therefore I will continue to watch.

McKdaddy

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2018, 05:04:03 pm »

ArkyFan2626

• Band Nerd
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2018, 10:09:50 am »

Same with me. I don't go to games. I watch them on TV. More times than not, I start the game right at kickoff. I purposefully try to miss all the pregame filler. I just want to watch the game.

Wildhog

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2018, 11:05:34 am »

Same with me. I don't go to games. I watch them on TV. More times than not, I start the game right at kickoff. I purposefully try to miss all the pregame filler. I just want to watch the game.

Hell, I watched CFL this weekend.

TuckerHog

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2018, 08:14:57 pm »

Lol how stupid can the NFL be.  "both teams kneel" off setting penalties ...... "more fuel for the fire".

I believe they should take it one step further. You get a 15 yard penalty that you can use anytime you want during the game. Of course I am a Patriotic American who has son in the Army, and the kneeling for the flag or anthem offends me greatly.

bennyl08

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Ever since the war I've had a drinking problem
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2018, 10:27:11 pm »

I believe they should take it one step further. You get a 15 yard penalty that you can use anytime you want during the game. Of course I am a Patriotic American who has son in the Army, and the kneeling for the flag or anthem offends me greatly.

The kneeling for the flag is done in order to NOT offend military. That's just as bad if not worse than the liberals who go lifting up logs in the woods bending over to find something to be offended over.

The only thing that should offend military families with the NFL is the forced patriotism and the wasting of tax dollars for the national propaganda at games that would be better spent taking care of your son after he is done with the military.

311Hog

« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2018, 08:47:07 am »

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/veteran-kaepernick-take-a-knee-anthem/

FineAsSwine

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Hogville think tank
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2018, 08:51:31 am »

The kneeling for the flag is done in order to NOT offend military. That's just as bad if not worse than the liberals who go lifting up logs in the woods bending over to find something to be offended over.

The only thing that should offend military families with the NFL is the forced patriotism and the wasting of tax dollars for the national propaganda at games that would be better spent taking care of your son after he is done with the military.

So well put. I agree with every word. Especially that last sentence.

k.c.hawg

« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2018, 09:41:14 am »

I've been an NFL season ticket holder for 24 years. I still don't understand why the hell we need the national anthem before football games. 99% of the people there have foregone Sunday services to go watch football. 60% of the people have popped a beer or poured a drink by 9am, 40% by 6am. Is it really necessary to have football fans show their patriotism? I see far worse conduct during the anthem by fans than a player taking a knee.

311Hog

« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2018, 10:52:42 am »

I've been an NFL season ticket holder for 24 years. I still don't understand why the hell we need the national anthem before football games. 99% of the people there have foregone Sunday services to go watch football. 60% of the people have popped a beer or poured a drink by 9am, 40% by 6am. Is it really necessary to have football fans show their patriotism? I see far worse conduct during the anthem by fans than a player taking a knee.

and here in lies the massive pile of hypocrisy that is the faux outrage and propaganda surrounding this issue.

TuckerHog

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2018, 05:35:00 pm »

My son is a Sargent Major, it offends him. So I would say you don't kow what you are talking about.  It offends our men in the military

Pigs in Zen

« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2018, 06:31:47 pm »

My son is a Sargent Major, it offends him. So I would say you don't kow what you are talking about.  It offends our men in the military

Iím a former combat veteran, my life was on the line multiple times and your son sounds like a puffed up [CENSORED]. Those who are offended are looking for something to be angry about. But even having said that, I took an oath and with that comes the responsibility to serve for the freedom of others to be as stupid as they want... Except for Naziís and their ilk. Frank Naziís.

TuckerHog

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2018, 08:56:13 pm »

Iím a former combat veteran, my life was on the line multiple times and your son sounds like a puffed up [CENSORED]. Those who are offended are looking for something to be angry about. But even having said that, I took an oath and with that comes the responsibility to serve for the freedom of others to be as stupid as they want... Except for Naziís and their ilk. Frank Naziís.

He's 101st Airborne, was SOG 5 for 12 years so I think he probably has just seen a tad bit more action that you, or your entire unit for that matter. He's killed more Islamic jerkoffs than the Catholic crusades.  He and his men find it offensive, in fact most do not even watch the NFL at all any longer.  So , I am glad you took an oath. but most don't share your opinion.

FineAsSwine

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Hogville think tank
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2018, 10:22:00 pm »

He's 101st Airborne, was SOG 5 for 12 years so I think he probably has just seen a tad bit more action that you, or your entire unit for that matter. He's killed more Islamic jerkoffs than the Catholic crusades.  He and his men find it offensive, in fact most do not even watch the NFL at all any longer.  So , I am glad you took an oath. but most don't share your opinion.

Does he find it offensive that people are buying and drinking beer during the Anthem? Or is his anger just reserved for black men who kneel respectfully to make a political point (which is supposedly one of the freedoms your son fought for)?

Pigs in Zen

« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2018, 12:45:16 am »

Who talks like this? I know, [CENSORED] idiots.

And I am sure as hell not going to get into a dick measuring contest with an uneducated blowhard who lives through his sonís body count. So let me clue you in old man, those that have seen combat donít discuss kills. Unless of course, you are a sociopath. I only wish that you were smart enough to understand how bat darn stupid you sound just to make some asinine point on a hog forum. 

To say that most donít share my opinion only further shows your complete ignorance. When exactly did YOU serve again? And letís be clear, your son doesnít represent everyone in the military so get over yourself.

You are NOT the moral high ground here, pull your head out of your ass and learn to think for yourself.

Pigs in Zen

« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2018, 12:49:18 am »

Does he find it offensive that people are buying and drinking beer during the Anthem? Or is his anger just reserved for black men who kneel respectfully to make a political point (which is supposedly one of the freedoms your son fought for)?

Very well said, thank you.

bennyl08

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Ever since the war I've had a drinking problem
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2018, 02:57:55 pm »

Focusing on this post, and ignoring that no veteran brags about how many kills and rarely, rarely, rarely will ever even talk about it, much less to try and win internet points, so why an alleged father of a serviceman would would do such things is beyond me.

First, you extrapolate that your son's reaction is that of the entire military. When all polling of service members shows a pretty substantial split. Which is exactly what you should expect. Military members aren't some unique species of humans. They are just people like the rest of us. Many take offense to the kneeling and many don't. What the split is depends on who did the poll, they are pretty consistent with with a range of 60-40 either way.

Secondly, that has nothing to do with my point. People get offended all the time about things that that shouldn't offend them. Saying "Sir" or "Ma'am" offends many people who associate those with being old and thus think you are calling them old when you are just being respectful. So heck, 100% of the military could find it offensive, but that would have zero do with the cold hard fact that the kneeling during the anthem as opposed to the sitting was incorporated as a way to NOT be disrespectful. And, in my opinion, people who take offense to something when somebody is explicitly changing their actions to not offend is just looking to be offended and as bad as any SJW.

Lastly, the personal dig. As stated above, my post had zero to do with whether military members would or would not be offended, only that there wasn't any real justification for their offense. So, you talking about a single individual being offended is in no way a counter to my argument, nor does it show that I don't know what I'm talking about. It does show that you either have poor reading comprehension skills or poor logic in actually countering things I say. It would be akin to you reading me the the definition of what constitutes holding directly out of the NFL rulebook, and me saying "oh yeah, you don't what you are talking about because I saw a play where that happened and the ref didn't throw a flag". You wouldn't have been talking about what a ref will or will not do, only what the rulebooks say about what does or does constitute holding and I'd look like a fool for saying you didn't know what you are talking about.

TuckerHog

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2018, 08:15:09 pm »

Focusing on this post, and ignoring that no veteran brags about how many kills and rarely, rarely, rarely will ever even talk about it, much less to try and win internet points, so why an alleged father of a serviceman would would do such things is beyond me.

First, you extrapolate that your son's reaction is that of the entire military. When all polling of service members shows a pretty substantial split. Which is exactly what you should expect. Military members aren't some unique species of humans. They are just people like the rest of us. Many take offense to the kneeling and many don't. What the split is depends on who did the poll, they are pretty consistent with with a range of 60-40 either way.

Secondly, that has nothing to do with my point. People get offended all the time about things that that shouldn't offend them. Saying "Sir" or "Ma'am" offends many people who associate those with being old and thus think you are calling them old when you are just being respectful. So heck, 100% of the military could find it offensive, but that would have zero do with the cold hard fact that the kneeling during the anthem as opposed to the sitting was incorporated as a way to NOT be disrespectful. And, in my opinion, people who take offense to something when somebody is explicitly changing their actions to not offend is just looking to be offended and as bad as any SJW.

Lastly, the personal dig. As stated above, my post had zero to do with whether military members would or would not be offended, only that there wasn't any real justification for their offense. So, you talking about a single individual being offended is in no way a counter to my argument, nor does it show that I don't know what I'm talking about. It does show that you either have poor reading comprehension skills or poor logic in actually countering things I say. It would be akin to you reading me the the definition of what constitutes holding directly out of the NFL rulebook, and me saying "oh yeah, you don't what you are talking about because I saw a play where that happened and the ref didn't throw a flag". You wouldn't have been talking about what a ref will or will not do, only what the rulebooks say about what does or does constitute holding and I'd look like a fool for saying you didn't know what you are talking about.

Maybe you missed it or are just plain ole nit paying attention, I said he's killed more Islamic jacikholes than the Catholic Crusades.  And he has.  Do I know exactly how many that is? No I do not. Do I know he is three times the man you are, yes I do. To answer your other question 1 St. Cav,  8th Engineer Battalion.  Now is there something you would like to say about that and embarrass yourself more?  As far as what you think, I really don't care.   The Military men that I know don't appreciate this kneeling for the flag crap.

Three and Snout

« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2018, 08:27:28 pm »

he's killed more Islamic jacikholes than the Catholic Crusades.

This is simply not possible.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas