• 394,714 Topics
• 22,261 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Kelly Bryant?  (Read 8377 times)

hogcards

• All-American Hogvillian
  • The Glimmer Twins
Kelly Bryant?
« on: May 17, 2018, 01:57:14 pm »

Seen at another site that there's talk of him possibly transferring to Arkansas.

Anyone else seen this?

Not trolling, so if it's only rumor based, please delete or move the thread.

RyanMallettsEgo

• See if you can guess...what I am now
Re: Kelly Bryant?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2018, 01:59:43 pm »

Seen at another site that there's talk of him possibly transferring to Arkansas.

Anyone else seen this?

"Seen at another site" yet provides no link. And we know you aren't on any pay boards, so.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

HogX

• Band Nerd
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2018, 02:04:35 pm »

There is a thread about it on the Clemson pay board that I can't access.

https://clemson.forums.rivals.com/threads/kb-to-arkansas.159534/

It's also been batted around other message boards today.

RyanMallettsEgo

• See if you can guess...what I am now
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2018, 02:07:50 pm »

There is a thread about it on the Clemson pay board that I can't access.

https://clemson.forums.rivals.com/threads/kb-to-arkansas.159534/

It's also been batted around other message boards today.

Well damn, the rumor, and that's all it is, is on one of the Arkansas pay boards. Should've checked before I yelled at Hogcards.

But I regret nothing.

hogcards

• The Glimmer Twins
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2018, 02:26:36 pm »

Rudy Baylor

• Hogvillian
  • Oh! We're afraid of STP girls Bluto!
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2018, 02:38:01 pm »

one respected South Carolina poster on another board says it's pretty much happening

he would be a grad transfer - not sure if he would have one year left or two

he's got a ton of experience over who we've got at QB now

hogcards

• The Glimmer Twins
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2018, 02:40:38 pm »

one respected South Carolina poster on another board says it's pretty much happening

he would be a grad transfer - not sure if he would have one year left or two

he's got a ton of experience over who we've got at QB now

+1000

He'd start immediately

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2018, 02:58:17 pm »

would be Morris best recruiting job yet

hogcards

• The Glimmer Twins

Hollywood870

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2018, 03:28:29 pm »

Is he an upgrade over what we have? I say....maybe.

colbs

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2018, 03:33:56 pm »

I would say so. 2800 yards passing, 600+ rushing with 11 TDS.

hawg66

• Senior
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2018, 03:35:52 pm »

Over 3400 yards last year and accounted for 24 td’s. I know that was surrounded by Clemson talent, but he also is way more familiar with the offensive system than anyone already on campus

GoHogs1091

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net Rocks!
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2018, 03:52:51 pm »

Would be a huge addition for us if it happens.

He is a very good QB, so it may be that he is being supplanted by a generational talent in Trevor Lawrence.

Bryant could be the difference in us being able to win against both Auburn and LSU.

The Hawg Marshal

• " National Champs 1909,1964 and 1977. "
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2018, 04:02:50 pm »

If there is anything to this I'm sure CCM will make the best decision for the program.

HotlantaHog

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2018, 04:04:53 pm »

Kelly Bryant is likely to be the starter at Clemson in the first game this fall. Everyone assumes that Trevor Lawrence will beat him out at some point in the fall, though it's not at all 100% clear that is what will happen.

I doubt Bryant will transfer, though he didn't look great in Clemson's spring game, and Trevor Lawrence did look great. The Clemson coaching staff said they considered it just one practice of 15 or so. Also worth noting that Lawrence had better receivers on his team in the Orange White game, so it's not 100% of a fair comparison.

If he does transfer, Arkansas would make sense -- it's a similar system as Clemson's so not that much to learn, and he did take Clemson to the playoffs last year, with the only regular season loss being to Syracuse during the one game he was injured and didn't play the second half.

I am pretty sure he would have to sit out a year if he transferred. I can see why there is speculation, but until someone says something to indicate it's really happening, I would be a little skeptical.

colbs

« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2018, 04:15:26 pm »

Kelly Bryant is likely to be the starter at Clemson in the first game this fall. Everyone assumes that Trevor Lawrence will beat him out at some point in the fall, though it's not at all 100% clear that is what will happen.

I doubt Bryant will transfer, though he didn't look great in Clemson's spring game, and Trevor Lawrence did look great. The Clemson coaching staff said they considered it just one practice of 15 or so. Also worth noting that Lawrence had better receivers on his team in the Orange White game, so it's not 100% of a fair comparison.

If he does transfer, Arkansas would make sense -- it's a similar system as Clemson's so not that much to learn, and he did take Clemson to the playoffs last year, with the only regular season loss being to Syracuse during the one game he was injured and didn't play the second half.

I am pretty sure he would have to sit out a year if he transferred. I can see why there is speculation, but until someone says something to indicate it's really happening, I would be a little skeptical.
He could play right away as he just graduated.

LAHogfan123

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2018, 04:24:10 pm »

>:
He could play right away as he just graduated.

I thought any transfer would still have to sit out, correct?

ricepig

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2018, 04:26:23 pm »

>:

Not Grad transfers.

Porkys Revenge

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2018, 04:30:30 pm »

It would be awesome if he came. Lord knows, as a fan base, we deserve it.

searkhogfan

• Senior
  • TOUCHDOWN ARKANSAS, OH MY !!!!!!!!!
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2018, 04:30:39 pm »

>:

Not Correct.  He graduated.  Therefore he can transfer & play immediately

GoHogs1091

• Hogville.net Rocks!
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2018, 04:32:29 pm »

If there is ever a perfect time for a true Freshman to start for them at QB, this upcoming season is the perfect time.

With the defense Venables is poised to have, it is going to be extremely difficult for opposing teams to score more than 10 to 13 points.

Bryant may see the writing on the wall that he probably won't be their starter all season.

King Kong

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2018, 04:33:38 pm »

I don’t believe it. But I wish it would happen

imtad16

« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2018, 04:44:10 pm »

I was all about the thought of pursuing Joe Burrow from OSU as a grad transfer, but Kelly Bryant would be even better. This was unlikely two or three seasons ago, but Jake Fromm's (and to a lesser degree Tua Tagovailoa and Jalen Hurts) success has done something to the perception that you can't win it all as a True Freshman. If you are a returning solid senior starter at a top school that appears to be favoring a top phenom QB behind you, you need to consider the grad transfer route because you won't get a shot in the NFL being beat out by a True Freshman and getting little to no playing time in your senior season. It's just the current climate in P5 college football.

GoHogs1091

• Hogville.net Rocks!
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2018, 05:04:34 pm »

I don’t believe it. But I wish it would happen

I actually am not surprised if there is at least a 85% chance it happens.

It would be beneficial for everyone involved.  Clemson probably has Alabama circled, and they are looking for a QB that has what is needed against Alabama.  Clemson saw that Bryant just doesn't have all that is needed against Alabama.  Plus, there is probably a sense of urgency at Clemson to get a NC accomplished this season because Venables is going to have a defense that would make Saban envious.  It is really scary what Venables will be fielding this season (for instance all of his starting defensive linemen will probably be 1st round NFL draft picks).

Bryant would give us an experienced starter who is familiar with Coach Morris' offensive system.  It would be a win-win for everyone (Bryant, Clemson, and the Razorbacks).

King Kong

« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2018, 05:36:52 pm »

It would be beneficial for everyone involved.  Clemson probably has Alabama circled, and they are looking for a QB that has what is needed against Alabama.  Clemson saw that Bryant just doesn't have all that is needed against Alabama.  Plus, there is probably a sense of urgency at Clemson to get a NC accomplished this season because Venables is going to have a defense that would make Saban envious.  It is really scary what Venables will be fielding this season (for instance all of his starting defensive linemen will probably be 1st round NFL draft picks).

Bryant would give us an experienced starter who is familiar with Coach Morris' offensive system.  It would be a win-win for everyone (Bryant, Clemson, and the Razorbacks).

I wouldn’t be surprised if Lawernce took his job at some point next year. But I bet Bryant in his mind coming off the season he had believes he is the guy. (Yes not what they need against Bama) he had some great games last year

Unless Dabo is just amazingly up front about it.

pigture perfect

« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2018, 05:40:46 pm »

I am hopefully optimistic.

Hollywood870

« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2018, 06:01:29 pm »

We get this guy and a commit from Kenneth Jefferson tomorrow and things are looking up.

ADavisTheGOAT

« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2018, 06:06:57 pm »

There's obviously something to it if it's being posted in different message boards of different schools.

imtad16

« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2018, 06:16:36 pm »

If he was coming off his sophomore year as the starter going into his Jr. year I think he would stay, but I think since this is his final year he leaves. It would be so freakin sweet if we were where he lands.

thebignasty

• I find your lack of faith... disturbing.
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2018, 06:20:48 pm »

This would generate some buzz, no doubt.

HOGINTENNESSEE

• Ryan Mallett: "I don't get nervous"
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2018, 07:03:36 pm »

Kelly Bryant of course was recruited by Morris who also coached his cousin at Clemson

GoHogs1091

• Hogville.net Rocks!
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2018, 07:47:25 pm »

Malzahn and Auburn won't like this if it happens.  They had no answer for Bryant last season.

It would be awesome if we get him.  It makes the Texas A&M, Auburn, and LSU games more winnable.

OLEJACKETFAN

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2018, 08:48:37 pm »

Im not at all concerned about CM getting Stud Offense Players. That's not going to be a problem over the next year. With Chavis I also think the Hogs get  good D players. This was the huge problem at SMU. D Players didn't come to play for Morris. And Malone couldn't get them there to play for him!!

CFB_Fanatic

• Senior
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2018, 09:02:46 pm »

This would be awesome! We'd compete in the SEC immediately if Ricky Town...err....I mean Kelly Bryant transferred in!!!

hogcam

• Varsity
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2018, 09:36:15 pm »

This would be awesome! We'd compete in the SEC immediately if Ricky Town...err....I mean Kelly Bryant transferred in!!!
Ricky town never played a college football game. Kelly Bryant was quarterback for a team and went to the college football playoffs. Not even a comparison

31to6

« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2018, 09:39:33 pm »

Look at it this way. Kelly Bryant may be a better QB than anyone on campus. That is debatable, but it seems likely.

What is not debatable is that he would instantly know this offense better than anyone on campus from day 1 and would be the only QB on campus with success running it at a very high level.

Having a QB that has already run the offense would accelerate the install by a ton. He would make it easier for everyone else on the field to come up to speed. That's golden.

RazorPiggie

« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2018, 09:39:59 pm »

As a Hog fan I know this is too good to be true.

KlubhouseKonnected

• OOOOhh, GOOD FOR YOU!
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2018, 10:41:55 pm »

Pretty much how I feel

bennyl08

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Ever since the war I've had a drinking problem
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2018, 10:44:19 pm »

>:

Whiles others have already answered this, I feel it's worth expanding a bit on why that's the case and isn't just some random, arbitrary rule.

The idea behind the transfer rule is that a player who transfers is much less likely to end up graduating. However, a grad transfer has already graduated and so that's no longer an issue and hence, why there isn't the penalty to discourage it.

trphog

« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2018, 10:52:18 pm »

Thread = over

MissippHog

« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2018, 11:38:30 pm »

Good thing we don't play Bama every year.

BearsBisonsBoars

• Senior
  • Arguing with computers for a living
« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2018, 11:57:04 pm »

No one player changes that game for us the way he does for them.

jkstock04

« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2018, 12:27:01 am »

If this were to actually happen I would predict he will blow miles past what we currently have at QB and be named the starter very quickly.

Sweet Feet

• Hogvillian
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2018, 12:57:27 am »

Chad Morris did help bring Deshawn Watson to clemson and built him up. Probably played a role in recruiting Bryant. I wouldn't be surprised.

Al Boarland

« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2018, 04:33:54 am »

Would be a huge misstep by Dabo to let this guy leave and put all his eggs in the Lawrence basket. I don't see it happening.

MuskogeeHogFan

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Nadine Coyle shakin it for the Hogs!!!!
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2018, 05:30:36 am »

Anyone else seen this?

There's this, though it is from April.

"He's (Bryant) still, at this point, No. 1 if we played today," Swinney said. "But when you came into spring, that was an easy thing to say. You had to start somewhere. ... Guys are better than they were day one. Kelly has had a good spring, but those guys behind him have had great springs as well."

Freshman Trevor Lawrence lived up to all the hype in his Tigers debut -- at least, his first action in front of fans -- completing 11-of-16 throws for 122 yards and a touchdown. He threw a second TD, too, but refs whistled the play dead as a sack because quarterbacks weren't live for the scrimmage.

Meanwhile, Bryant missed a few potential big plays, and his final stat line -- a paltry 8-of-15 for 35 yards -- won't do much to instill confidence within a fan base already eager to see the next big thing in action.

Swinney, not surprisingly, cautioned not to read too much into the results of Saturday's spring game. It was just one of 15 practices, and Bryant looked sharp in many of the others.

"He's made a lot of big plays and proven that he can win at the highest level," Swinney said. "But last year isn't this year. It's a very competitive situation."

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/23174757/clemson-spring-game-sees-ok-play-kelly-bryant-great-play-trevor-lawrence

King Kong

« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2018, 06:57:49 am »

I’m just worried right now about to start beating Miss St every year again

Baby steps

MissippHog

« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2018, 07:49:27 am »

I’m just worried right now about to start beating Miss St every year again

Baby steps
Not really what I was referring to.

CFB_Fanatic

• Senior
« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2018, 09:46:31 am »

Ricky town never played a college football game. Kelly Bryant was quarterback for a team and went to the college football playoffs. Not even a comparison

The comparison is that Ricky Town and Kelly Bryant will each do the same thing for Arkansas as the other: nothing.

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Roastin da bomb in Fayettenam.
« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2018, 11:00:57 am »

Would be a huge addition for us if it happens.

He is a very good QB, so it may be that he is being supplanted by a generational talent in Trevor Lawrence.

Bryant could be the difference in us being able to win against both Auburn and LSU.
My pal in south carolina (she's well connected) says it "has NOTHING to do with being beaten out by lawerence". fwtw.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas