• 394,714 Topics
• 22,261 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Can we get out of the A&M Game in Dallas deal?  (Read 4389 times)

GuvHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Proud Hog Supporter!!!
Re: Can we get out of the A&M Game in Dallas deal?
« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2018, 08:36:43 am »

When did that change? When it was originally announced, each team received 5 million.

It has always been that way. A number of people assumed that Jerry was paying the U of A and A&M 5 Million each to play there but the truth is each team would make 5 million if they sold all of their tickets. Jerry just pockets the money from the parking and concessions. Arkansas sold all of their tickets during the Petrino years but haven't sold out since he was terminated.

Redhogs

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Time to cruise.
« Reply #51 on: May 18, 2018, 08:43:52 am »

Everyone here with half a brain knows our Texas numbers are about to go up significantly, mostly from DFW and East Texas.  Continuing to play at Jerryworld will make it easier to recruit them.
Yep.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Wildhog

« Reply #52 on: May 18, 2018, 08:50:00 am »

We bring a lot of Texas recruits to the A&M game, the game in Dallas is more important to our team then playing in Little Rock which costs us a home game every year.

Point is, one of them HAS to go, and we just renewed with WMS. 

Wildhog

« Reply #53 on: May 18, 2018, 08:51:06 am »

Everyone here with half a brain knows our Texas numbers are about to go up significantly, mostly from DFW and East Texas.  Continuing to play at Jerryworld will make it easier to recruit them. 

Which is why renewing the WMS contract was unfathomably stupid.

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Roastin da bomb in Fayettenam.
« Reply #54 on: May 18, 2018, 08:55:53 am »

for 3 games only. I think Yuracheck had no choice. between being "the new guy", being from Texas (lol, arkansas has BAD jealousy of Texas), and Asa Hutchinson in-an-election-year, he was pigeon holed. I think the 3 game deal over 6 years gives us a chance to ease out of the Rock now. Those games are booty anyway. Nobody in Fayettenam gives a rip about that mizzou game, really. It's just a parting gift. If it is somehow a meaningful game, then the Rock will get one last hoorah.

Wildhog

« Reply #55 on: May 18, 2018, 08:59:03 am »

for 3 games only. I think Yuracheck had no choice. between being "the new guy", being from Texas (lol, arkansas has BAD jealousy of Texas), and Asa Hutchinson in-an-election-year, he was pigeon holed. I think the 3 game deal over 6 years gives us a chance to ease out of the Rock now. Those games are booty anyway. Nobody in Fayettenam gives a rip about that mizzou game, really. It's just a parting gift. If it is somehow a meaningful game, then the Rock will get one last hoorah.

I just hate being down two OV weekends every other year.  It's hard enough to get some kids on campus without shaving two open weekends off the top.

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #56 on: May 18, 2018, 09:02:12 am »

I just hate being down two OV weekends every other year.  It's hard enough to get some kids on campus without shaving two open weekends off the top.
agreed, and the whole spring game deal is another problem with this deal. that is now the biggest recruiting weekend and we just skip it every other year to appease some pampered mouth breathers from hundreds of miles away from campus.... stupid af.

IT IS NOT like these underprivileged kids who may someday become football players even get into the game. It's a bunch of pampered fans who don't wanna drive TO CAMPUS.

RyanMallettsEgo

• All-American Hogvillian
  • See if you can guess...what I am now
« Reply #57 on: May 18, 2018, 09:03:12 am »

I get that, but as it stands this year and has stood for years, we've been down 2 on-campus OVs every year with a Dallas game and a WMS game.

Now, we're down 2 OVs every other year rather than every year.

Not perfect, but getting better.

Wildhog

« Reply #58 on: May 18, 2018, 09:03:36 am »

agreed, and the whole spring game deal is another problem with this deal. that is now the biggest recruiting weekend and we just skip it every other year to appease some pampered mouth breathers from hundreds of miles away from campus.... stupid af.

I thought we just got a one-time waiver for the spring game due to construction in RRS?

RyanMallettsEgo

• See if you can guess...what I am now
« Reply #59 on: May 18, 2018, 09:04:51 am »

I thought we just got a one-time waiver for the spring game due to construction in RRS?

That's an interesting thing, too. I'm wondering if they know the SEC won't approve that waiver for the Red-White game to be held in WMS in 2020, 2022, and 2024 (is that right?), so the compromise was to just throw that language in to appease some people.

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #60 on: May 18, 2018, 09:05:20 am »

We applied for 2 more waivers, which WON'T even include us even ASKING if we can host recruits for it. Which, I guess is good. We can't have our potential recruits seeing The Dump too closely anyway.

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #61 on: May 18, 2018, 09:06:03 am »

That's an interesting thing, too. I'm wondering if they know the SEC won't approve that waiver for the Red-White game to be held in WMS in 2020, 2022, and 2024 (is that right?), so the compromise was to just throw that language in to appease some people.
i think they counted this year, so just 2020 and 2022, but I hope you are right. I wondered the same thing.

ricepig

« Reply #62 on: May 18, 2018, 09:27:23 am »

question, how can we bring in recruits to the dallas game but we cant the the little rock game?

Simple, Bama wanted to be able to bring in recruits to neutral sites, so they passed a regulation allowing this, we just happened luck in to it.

twistitup

« Reply #63 on: May 18, 2018, 09:42:19 am »

Simple, Bama wanted to be able to bring in recruits to neutral sites, so they passed a regulation allowing this, we just happened luck in to it.

Are we sure Bama just doesn't work harder than other athletic programs? When is the last time we (Arkansas) challenged an NCAA rule and tried to have it changed? We can say Bama get preferential treatment but it may be that work harder than the rest.

When you win at the clip they do in football, maybe it leaves you with more time to commit to the small details-  like lobbying for rule changes that favor your recruiting.

GuvHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Proud Hog Supporter!!!
« Reply #64 on: May 18, 2018, 09:47:33 am »

Dude, Asa had a 67% approval rating in Arkansas before this deal happened. He didn't get involved because it's an election year, he did it because he wanted to.

GuvHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Proud Hog Supporter!!!
« Reply #65 on: May 18, 2018, 10:00:51 am »

I get that, but as it stands this year and has stood for years, we've been down 2 on-campus OVs every year with a Dallas game and a WMS game.

Now, we're down 2 OVs every other year rather than every year.

Not perfect, but getting better.

My guess is the A&M - Arkansas game will eventually switch to a home and away arrangement and the Hogs will find a P5 non-conference opponent to play in Arlington. I don't see the PTB at the U of A letting it stay at 2 conference games in Fayetteville every other year very long.

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #66 on: May 18, 2018, 10:53:34 am »

Dude, Asa had a 67% approval rating in Arkansas before this deal happened. He didn't get involved because it's an election year, he did it because he wanted to.
or maybe to keep said approval rating? If he lets them kill it after he said he'd save it it makes him look weak af, and vulnerable to a challenger (from the right, the left is too weak this cycle iin governor candidates to stand a chance).

psooie

« Reply #67 on: May 18, 2018, 11:02:57 am »

So there are 7 years left on the A&m Dallas deal. A good out for everybody would be for hogs and aggies to agree to play 4 non conference games in Dallas and move the hog-Aggie game back to campus. The most likely opponent comes from the big 12 or BYU

twistitup

« Reply #68 on: May 18, 2018, 12:19:05 pm »

So there are 7 years left on the A&m Dallas deal. A good out for everybody would be for hogs and aggies to agree to play 4 non conference games in Dallas and move the hog-Aggie game back to campus. The most likely opponent comes from the big 12 or BYU

We don't need an out...let's kick their arses 7 years straight

#downgoesjimbo

GuvHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Proud Hog Supporter!!!
« Reply #69 on: May 18, 2018, 12:22:49 pm »

or maybe to keep said approval rating? If he lets them kill it after he said he'd save it it makes him look weak af, and vulnerable to a challenger (from the right, the left is too weak this cycle iin governor candidates to stand a chance).

It won't affect his approval rating either way. He'll win the GOP nomination by a large margin. There are more important things to worry about than where the Hogs are playing and the voters know that.

Augustus

• Hogs fan, and I don't do bandwagon.
« Reply #70 on: May 18, 2018, 12:28:51 pm »

It won't affect his approval rating either way. He'll win the GOP nomination by a large margin. There are more important things to worry about than where the Hogs are playing and the voters know that.

Agreed.

But, as a side note... didn't Asa kind screw over WMS in the last year or so, when he aligned WMS & it's Commission under the Dept. of Parks and Recreation?

I thought the whole thing about that was to pull some of the State Funding for WMS?

Tejano Jawg

• Ahhhhhhhh……the off-season.
« Reply #71 on: May 19, 2018, 12:31:38 pm »

I like it too. It’s a very fun trip and a great place to watch a game. However, I don’t think it makes any sense to only play two SEC games in your home stadium every other year. Especially since we’ve invested in the NEZ. I would like to replace A&M with an OOC game in Dallas.

Agree. It would take some schedule maneuvering. Playing a familiar team in an off/neutral stadium doesn't fit any more, since A&M joined the SEC-West. What is good about the Jerry Dome game is the special, "bowl" atmosphere. That doesn't happen with a conference rival. The opponent needs to also be something unique.

There are good alternates out there, other teams that would be excited to be part of this—how about Ok State? Nebraska? Georgia Tech? And why the long contract?…what's wrong with a series of 2-year deals?

ricepig

« Reply #72 on: May 19, 2018, 01:01:37 pm »

Agreed.

But, as a side note... didn't Asa kind screw over WMS in the last year or so, when he aligned WMS & it's Commission under the Dept. of Parks and Recreation?

I thought the whole thing about that was to pull some of the State Funding for WMS?

I think he kept it alive by putting it under the Parks and Recreation, otherwise they were going to struggle for funds. They'll probably have to issue bonds to fund the improvements, my guess is it will sale better under the P&R.

hogcards

• The Glimmer Twins
« Reply #73 on: May 19, 2018, 01:29:42 pm »

It's time to abandon ship. I've gone to this game the last 4 years, almost all heart breakers. We are giving up another home game in Mizzou now so we are really only going to play 2/3 home games in Fay? Please tell me we are adding Stanford or something to Fay to balance this crap out!@

Yes, the Hogs have to now. Break the contract, pay the fine and reschedule. 

Jek Tono Porkins

• Defense Wins Championships
« Reply #74 on: May 19, 2018, 01:36:41 pm »

Keep it. It gets us out of playing an away game at Kyle Field which is now the largest stadium in the SEC. Plus, I don't know the numbers, but if the logic behind playing in WMS is that there are hog fans in Little Rock, then the same logic can be used to justify a game in Arlington. There are a ton of Hog fans in the DFW metroplex. I don't know the number but it's a lot.

Intra-conference neutral site rivalries happen. Georgia and Florida play in Jacksonville. Texas and Oklahoma play at the Cotton Bowl.

Also, the reason we've lost the game the past few years isn't because we're playing in Arlington. It's because Bielema was the head coach. I was there in 2014, 2015, and 2017. All three were overtime losses. All three were very winnable games. All three resulted in me washing down the sting of defeat with copious amounts of cold beer.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Guessing is easier than actually trying!
« Reply #75 on: May 19, 2018, 02:22:35 pm »

It doesn’t matter IF it is an election year or not. He’s a politician. All they do is about nothing but politics.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 08:04:37 am by Inhogswetrust »

rogersvillemohog

« Reply #76 on: May 19, 2018, 03:05:11 pm »

Nobody complained about playing in Dallas when Petrino was beating up on the Aggies every year there. The deal in Dallas is just like everything else associated with the Razorback football program. Once Chad starts winning again, it'll fix everything. UGA and Florida play at a neutral site in Florida every year, and I don't hear UGA fans complaining about it. OU and  ::hornsdown:: play a neutral site game in Texas every year, and OU fans don't complain about it. Winning fixes everything. Moreover, I find it hard to believe that playing the game in Dallas is a bad thing for recruiting.

Augustus

• Hogs fan, and I don't do bandwagon.
« Reply #77 on: May 19, 2018, 03:59:42 pm »

Nobody complained about playing in Dallas when Petrino was beating up on the Aggies every year there. The deal in Dallas is just like everything else associated with the Razorback football program. Once Chad starts winning again, it'll fix everything. UGA and Florida play at a neutral site in Florida every year, and I don't hear UGA fans complaining about it. OU and  ::hornsdown:: play a neutral site game in Texas every year, and OU fans don't complain about it. Winning fixes everything. Moreover, I find it hard to believe that playing the game in Dallas is a bad thing for recruiting.

When Petrino was playing A&M, they were in the Big12.  The game made perfect sense... It reignited a long time rival from the SWC, they were a noteworthy OOC opponent, we were one of the only SEC teams playing games in the State of Texas at that time.

That all changed when they joined the SEC.

We're not complaining about the Jerry's World deal because we are losing.  We are complaining we because we agreed to play a Division opponent on the road, every year for a decade.  Giving up a SEC Conference/Division Home game for that long is completely insane.

Even if we were winning, I would want the game returned to Fayetteville.

rogersvillemohog

« Reply #78 on: May 19, 2018, 04:06:42 pm »

When Petrino was playing A&M, they were in the Big12.  The game made perfect sense... It reignited a long time rival from the SWC, they were a noteworthy OOC opponent, we were one of the only SEC teams playing games in the State of Texas at that time.

That all changed when they joined the SEC.

We're not complaining about the Jerry's World deal because we are losing.  We are complaining we because we agreed to play a Division opponent on the road, every year for a decade.  Giving up a SEC Conference/Division Home game for that long is completely insane.

Even if we were winning, I would want the game returned to Fayetteville.

We are not playing A&M on the road anymore than Oklahoma plays division rival Texas "on the road" or Georgia plays division rival Florida "on the road." But I suppose you're correct. Oklahoma and Georgia don't really know how to run a football program and are stupid for playing their rivals "on the road" every year.  ::)

The issue here lies in the continuance of playing games in Little Rock, not in Dallas.

The Kig

• Hogville Heroes
« Reply #79 on: May 19, 2018, 07:12:18 pm »

The Jerry's World deal made sense

3 of the last 4 games at Jerry's World have gone into Overtime.  I believe we would have won at least ONE of those Overtime games, if we had been playing in Fayetteville instead of on the road.

So obviously it doesn't really help recruiting, that's just an empty talking point.

The deal has always made sense.  We just didn't do our part. 

Reality... Jerry set the table with providing JerryWorld to us.  Not winning the games is what hurt recruiting.  A strong OOC (like Michigan or TCU as some have suggested) that resulted in lopsided losses would have yielded the same recruiting impact. 

Losing doesn't make kids want to come play for you.  Winning...and having a guaranteed "home" game where your entire extended family can watch you play will impact a DFW kid to trek out of state all the way up to Fayetteville for college.  OU doesnt get Texas kids because it's a short drive up 35 (which it is), rather they get kids/families to make the short drive to play for a competitive program.

The Kig

• Hogville Heroes
« Reply #80 on: May 19, 2018, 07:14:03 pm »

One costs us money, the other makes us money.  Pay the buyout to cancel WMS and move on. 

MuskogeeHogFan

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Nadine Coyle shakin it for the Hogs!!!!
« Reply #81 on: May 19, 2018, 08:04:41 pm »

The Jerry's World deal made sense when A&M was in the Big12.

But it is insane to agree to play a Division opponent on the road, every year.

3 of the last 4 games at Jerry's World have gone into Overtime.

I believe we would have won at least ONE of those Overtime games, if we had been playing in Fayetteville instead of on the road.

Maybe when A&M starts leading the overall series vs the Hogs, people will start caring more about Wins than "having a good time in Dallas" or a 30 second sound byte about "it helps recruiting"

Speaking of recruiting... we've been doing this game in Dallas for nearly 10 years now, and we've still never had a recruiting class better than 9th in the SEC. 

So obviously it doesn't really help recruiting, that's just an empty talking point.

I'm sure that this has already been stated in some form, or many forms, but especially with our current HC and his strong ties to Texas HS coaches, as well as a renewed emphasis on Texas recruiting, the A&M game in a premier venue and a national audience, makes a heck of a lot of sense. No one would say that this was a bad thing had we won at least half of those games (which was very possible), let alone being ahead in the series. A&M has had no more advantage than we have had, we have just blown games that we should have won and could have won. Bad game plans certainly played a part, so let's see what Morris can do. Win some and I suspect that attitudes about this game will change.

Al Boarland

• Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #82 on: May 20, 2018, 05:04:35 am »

Well, Morris and Yurachek are both on record in favor of keeping the aTm game in Dallas.

They may not feel that way after a few years.

hogfan58

• Varsity
  • i'm not witty enough to come up with anything
« Reply #83 on: May 20, 2018, 07:08:52 am »

Keep it. It gets us out of playing an away game at Kyle Field which is now the largest stadium in the SEC. Plus, I don't know the numbers, but if the logic behind playing in WMS is that there are hog fans in Little Rock, then the same logic can be used to justify a game in Arlington. There are a ton of Hog fans in the DFW metroplex. I don't know the number but it's a lot.

Intra-conference neutral site rivalries happen. Georgia and Florida play in Jacksonville. Texas and Oklahoma play at the Cotton Bowl.

Also, the reason we've lost the game the past few years isn't because we're playing in Arlington. It's because Bielema was the head coach. I was there in 2014, 2015, and 2017. All three were overtime losses. All three were very winnable games. All three resulted in me washing down the sting of defeat with copious amounts of cold beer.

Do you think we have more fans in DFW or does A&M? You do realize that attendance for this game, for both schools, has gone down....year after year. Neither fan base wants to keep playing this game in Arlington

ricepig

« Reply #84 on: May 20, 2018, 07:16:44 am »

They may not feel that way after a few years.

Or they may feel like extending it for 10 more years, correct?

MuskogeeHogFan

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Nadine Coyle shakin it for the Hogs!!!!
« Reply #85 on: May 20, 2018, 07:18:33 am »

Do you think we have more fans in DFW or does A&M? You do realize that attendance for this game, for both schools, has gone down....year after year. Neither fan base wants to keep playing this game in Arlington

If we had been winning, everyone would have a different attitude about the game. Keeping the game (especially with this staff) makes more sense than not.

parallaxpig

• Senior
  • Man that ball got outta here in a hurry.
« Reply #86 on: May 20, 2018, 07:28:10 am »

As stated in above threads, winning will bring people back. I have been to four games there but I'm not making the drive anymore to watch our arse get kicked.  I do still travel because I'm going out to Fort Collins. As for a DFW Hog fan base, 20% of incoming frosh class is from Texas (primarily DFW area). There are a lot of Hog fans there........

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #87 on: May 20, 2018, 08:10:26 am »

As stated in above threads, winning will bring people back. I have been to four games there but I'm not making the drive anymore to watch our arse get kicked.  I do still travel because I'm going out to Fort Collins. As for a DFW Hog fan base, 20% of incoming frosh class is from Texas (primarily DFW area). There are a lot of Hog fans there........

There always has been a lot of Hog fans there. It is one of the largest alumni bases and Razorback Club membership areas. Also a lot of people from Arkansas over the years going way back moved to the Dallas area for work and such. I have quite a few cousins in the area. One got killed building the old Cowboys stadium in Irving my Dad told me years ago. A lot of other families in Arkansas have family there. It sometimes helps us recruit specific players there that has a family tie to the state or are Hog fans or alums. I know one basketball player where we even got out of Austin Texas where family ties helped.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 10:01:07 am by Inhogswetrust »

Al Boarland

« Reply #88 on: May 20, 2018, 08:49:29 am »

Or they may feel like extending it for 10 more years, correct?

It's a possibility.

bphi11ips

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I need help with my footwork, too.
« Reply #89 on: May 20, 2018, 09:07:06 am »

There always has been a lot of Hog fans there. It is one of the largest alumin bases and Razorback Club membership areas. Also a lot of people,e from Arkansas over the years going way back moved to the Dallas area for work and such. I have quite a few cousins in the area. So do a lot of other families in Arkansas. It sometimes helps us recruit specific players there that has a family tie to the state or are Hog fans or alums. I know one basketball player where we even got out of Austin Texas where family ties helped.

When I was in school in Fayetteville, Reunion Arena in Dallas was known as Barnhill South.  Arkansas fans at the SWC Tournament were the equivalent of Big Blue Nation  at the SEC Tournament.  It seemed like every fourth car on campus had Texas plates.  Half of those were red BMW convertibles from Dallas.  DFW has got to have the largest concentration of UA alums outside of Arkansas.

The population of the Dallas metroplex has grown by 3 million in 25 years.  That's Arkansas's entire population.  That dense population creates large school districts with great high school football.  The African American population in the metroplex is over 1 million, about 100 times that of NWA.  Arkansas now has a head coach and staff with deep roots and relationships in what has always been Arkansas's most fertile recruiting ground outside state borders.

One wall of the Fred W. Smith football center is covered from floor to ceiling with photos of what are presented to recruits as the Razorbacks' "three home stadiums".  DWRRS, AT&T, and WMS are all full of red clad fans.

Games in Dallas and Little Rock are part of an overall recruiting strategy for players and students.  It's not the best scenario for DWRRS season ticket holders, especially those who shell out big bucks for premium seating.  Looking at the 2019 home slate, I'd be upset, too.  It's not an optimum situation for hosting recruits. Travel is travel, whether you have a lot of loud fans in the stands or not. 

Like many suggest, winning takes care of everything. Chad Morris deserves a chance to build a team over the next six years with the recruiting strategy now in place.  If the proof is not in the pudding by 2024, things will change.

HoginMemphis

« Reply #90 on: May 20, 2018, 09:16:40 am »

Cant win for losing when you are Arkansas.

bphi11ips

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I need help with my footwork, too.
« Reply #91 on: May 20, 2018, 09:36:22 am »

Cant win for losing when you are Arkansas.

With the fanbase that appears to be true for the moment. I don’t believe it where the team is concerned. If we are to compete agan in the SEC West, though, it will take 3 million Arkansans plus a little help from our friends.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #92 on: May 20, 2018, 10:04:32 am »

When I was in school in Fayetteville, Reunion Arena in Dallas was known as Barnhill South.  Arkansas fans at the SWC Tournament were the equivalent of Big Blue Nation  at the SEC Tournament.  It seemed like every fourth car on campus had Texas plates.  Half of those were red BMW convertibles from Dallas.  DFW has got to have the largest concentration of UA alums outside of Arkansas.

The population of the Dallas metroplex has grown by 3 million in 25 years.  That's Arkansas's entire population.  That dense population creates large school districts with great high school football.  The African American population in the metroplex is over 1 million, about 100 times that of NWA.  Arkansas now has a head coach and staff with deep roots and relationships in what has always been Arkansas's most fertile recruiting ground outside state borders.

One wall of the Fred W. Smith football center is covered from floor to ceiling with photos of what are presented to recruits as the Razorbacks' "three home stadiums".  DWRRS, AT&T, and WMS are all full of red clad fans.

Games in Dallas and Little Rock are part of an overall recruiting strategy for players and students.  It's not the best scenario for DWRRS season ticket holders, especially those who shell out big bucks for premium seating.  Looking at the 2019 home slate, I'd be upset, too.  It's not an optimum situation for hosting recruits. Travel is travel, whether you have a lot of loud fans in the stands or not. 

Like many suggest, winning takes care of everything. Chad Morris deserves a chance to build a team over the next six years with the recruiting strategy now in place.  If the proof is not in the pudding by 2024, things will change.

Well said. Went to many a game as a student at Reunion Arena. I read some time ago that the largest alumni bases outside the state were Tulsa, Dallas and Memphis. Not sure in what order of largest though.

ricepig

« Reply #93 on: May 20, 2018, 10:06:17 am »

Well said. I read some time ago that the largest alumni bases outside the state were Tulsa, Dallas and Memphis. Not sure in what order of largest though.

Dallas is the largest of those three.

East Clintwood

« Reply #94 on: May 20, 2018, 10:32:06 am »

Maybe we should work out a deal where we move the Ark/AnM series to home and home.  Then use the Jerryworld date to schedule a good out of conference game.  We could alternate years with AnM.  The years we play in Fayetteville, we play an OOC game in Dallas and the years we play in College Station, we don't have a Dallas game but AnM does.

okrazorback

• Varsity
« Reply #95 on: May 20, 2018, 10:52:59 am »

I like the game in Dallas....I would like it even more if we would win a few.

Fun trip, good stadium food and drinks ,great exposure- the only thing missing is W's

WE don't lose because it is in Dallas. We lose because they are  better coached than we are and when we  got a coach that could beat them we fired him.

East TN HAWG

• Hogville.net
« Reply #96 on: May 20, 2018, 11:22:25 am »

You make a very good point.  We can not bring kids to Jerry’s world on our dime. However, I’m wondering if the need for officials during games could change.  This year the NCAA has changed the rules to allow officials during May and June.  I think more and more HS athletes may make their decision in this time period.  If so, a game in Dallas may do us well if we are recruiting DFW hard.  It would those committed Texans take in a game. 

Vantage 8 dude

« Reply #97 on: May 20, 2018, 11:36:31 am »

All-in-all whether it be Dallas or WMS the bottom line ultimately comes down to winning ball games. I strongly suspect there would be far less grumbling and FAR more support attendance-wise IF we were consistently winning at least 8 or 9 games a year. Amazing how the old observation that "winning cures a host of ills" keeps being proven over and over again. And most certainly goes for the gripping that goes on when it comes to the actual venue of the games.

And while it's obviously a stretch when it comes to comparing records of success, think fans of 'Bama, UGa or some other ultra successful programs really give a damn where a game's being played. Heck no. Most of them will travel virtually anywhere to watch their teams play.

Al Boarland

« Reply #98 on: May 20, 2018, 11:47:30 am »

UGA and Florida play at a neutral site in Florida every year, and I don't hear UGA fans complaining about it.
Some do. Similar situation.

Vantage 8 dude

« Reply #99 on: May 20, 2018, 11:53:32 am »

Some do. Similar situation.
Well....SOME fans at any/every school are going to complain....duh, human nature. Bottom line, however, is the bottom line. Do they still attend in mass? For the most part they have NO issue with attendance.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas