• 9,923,449 Posts
• 399,167 Topics
• 22,881 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Can we get out of the A&M Game in Dallas deal?  (Read 5148 times)

checkraiser88

Can we get out of the A&M Game in Dallas deal?
« on: May 17, 2018, 12:03:34 am »

It's time to abandon ship. I've gone to this game the last 4 years, almost all heart breakers. We are giving up another home game in Mizzou now so we are really only going to play 2/3 home games in Fay? Please tell me we are adding Stanford or something to Fay to balance this crap out!@

Supermark101

• Senior
  • We all need a little Love
Re: Can we get out of the A&M Game in Dallas deal?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2018, 07:20:38 am »

You still get 4 every other year. Like this year will have 4 SEC games at home. That would not change unless the SEC office changes something because the last time A&M was here, so was Missouri. Also we make 5 million for a "road" game every other year. That is hard to give up. You get.10 million over 2 years vs whatever you make for a single home game. (7 million, I think)

As long as donations and season ticket sales are strong, there is no reason to end the series. Maybe if you get  a OCC team to replace A&M.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

King Kong

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2018, 07:53:48 am »

We could A&M wants out. I donít want too.

What if Chad Morris king of HS football in TX wins. Could be huge for us in recruiting

twistitup

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2018, 07:56:16 am »

I like the game in Dallas....I would like it even more if we would win a few.

Fun trip, good stadium food and drinks ,great exposure- the only thing missing is W's

ricepig

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2018, 08:02:15 am »

You still get 4 every other year. Like this year will have 4 SEC games at home. That would not change unless the SEC office changes something because the last time A&M was here, so was Missouri. Also we make 5 million for a "road" game every other year. That is hard to give up. You get.10 million over 2 years vs whatever you make for a single home game. (7 million, I think)

As long as donations and season ticket sales are strong, there is no reason to end the series. Maybe if you get  a OCC team to replace A&M.

Uh, no, the OM game is in LR. We don't make $5M every other year. What we get is the proceeds from our ticket sales, the same as aTm gets. Jerry let's us have the stadium rent free, and he pockets the concessions and parking. It's about a $3.5m take every year, not as profitable as a home game in RRS, but getting it every year helps. Morris and Yurachek want to keep the aTm game in Dallas, it will be interesting to see what happens.

DeltaBoy

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I'm Un-Reconstructed. Sic semper tyrannis
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2018, 08:23:26 am »

Keep it cause it upsets the Aggies.

PorkRinds

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2018, 08:29:38 am »

Hate it. Time to can it.

Augustus

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Hogs fan, and I don't do bandwagon.
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2018, 08:30:57 am »

The Jerry's World deal made sense when A&M was in the Big12.

But it is insane to agree to play a Division opponent on the road, every year.

3 of the last 4 games at Jerry's World have gone into Overtime.

I believe we would have won at least ONE of those Overtime games, if we had been playing in Fayetteville instead of on the road.

Maybe when A&M starts leading the overall series vs the Hogs, people will start caring more about Wins than "having a good time in Dallas" or a 30 second sound byte about "it helps recruiting"

Speaking of recruiting... we've been doing this game in Dallas for nearly 10 years now, and we've still never had a recruiting class better than 9th in the SEC. 

So obviously it doesn't really help recruiting, that's just an empty talking point.

Drop the Mike

• Varsity
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2018, 08:43:22 am »

If we would have won the last 4 then I donít think weíd be having this thread

Hog Pharm

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2018, 08:55:35 am »

Fun trip, good stadium food and drinks ,great exposure- the only thing missing is W's

I like it too. Itís a very fun trip and a great place to watch a game. However, I donít think it makes any sense to only play two SEC games in your home stadium every other year. Especially since weíve invested in the NEZ. I would like to replace A&M with an OOC game in Dallas.

twistitup

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2018, 09:12:39 am »

If we would have won the last 4 then I donít think weíd be having this thread

racinghog

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2018, 09:17:08 am »

Yes lets go home and home with the aggies but keep this game and play the P5 we schedule instead of A&M. We could have played TCU, Michigan (before they broke the deal), and anyone else we could schedule.

rzrbackramsfan

• "Winners never quit, quitters never win"
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2018, 09:21:05 am »

It's time to abandon ship. I've gone to this game the last 4 years, almost all heart breakers. We are giving up another home game in Mizzou now so we are really only going to play 2/3 home games in Fay? Please tell me we are adding Stanford or something to Fay to balance this crap out!@

Agreed man.  This whole strategy to try and take a larger piece from Dallas by playing games in Dallas isnít working. 

Best strategy is to get the state even more unified with the MU in LR game and win more games.  That will make our recruiting more effective than playing the Jerry world game.

rzrbackramsfan

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2018, 09:22:24 am »

Bro you are obsessed with stadium amenities.

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Roastin da bomb in Fayettenam.
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2018, 09:22:50 am »

2/3 of a stadium only deserves 2/3 of it's games....

twistitup

« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2018, 09:31:24 am »

It's a big part of the overall experience. Good football would help take my mind off of the other variables. I can deal w cold coffee and an SEC championship...but not cold coffee and losing

rzrbackramsfan

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2018, 09:35:32 am »

It's a big part of the overall experience. Good football would help take my mind off of the other variables. I can deal w cold coffee and an SEC championship...but not cold coffee and losing

But in the grand scheme of where to play the games to maximize or chances to win the most and build the brand, concessions are such a small small deal.

twistitup

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2018, 09:49:04 am »

But in the grand scheme of where to play the games to maximize or chances to win the most and build the brand, concessions are such a small small deal.

Recruits coming on visits would disagree (I disagree as well)

Happy fans make a good atmosphere- good food and drinks makes people happy...thus good food and drinks  makes a good atmosphere- for everyone involved

TexasRazorback

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2018, 09:50:57 am »

The A&M game in Dallas is great for us. allows the Texas recruits to play in its home state every year and we bring a lot of Texas recruits to the game. The worst decision is playing Mizzou in Little Rock every other year. That conference game needs to be in Fayetteville and no where else. War memorial is not the home field advantage it once use to be. STOP PLAYING IN LITTLE ROCK

yraciv

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2018, 09:55:58 am »

On the flip side, do you guys want to go play at Kyle Field every year? I believe Dallas is truly as close to a neutral site as you can get with how Hog fans flock down there. It may not be 50/50, but I've certainly never felt like a road team in that stadium and the players love it! That is until we lose, which has been all too common. 

Just lose the game in Little Rock and this is solved,  you have one more home game!  We just got a Dallas area coach and an AD from Houston. It makes more sense to play in Texas annually now than it ever did with Bielema or Petrino.

Oliver

« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2018, 10:04:03 am »

On the flip side, do you guys want to go play at Kyle Field every year? I believe Dallas is truly as close to a neutral site as you can get with how Hog fans flock down there. It may not be 50/50, but I've certainly never felt like a road team in that stadium and the players love it! That is until we lose, which has been all too common. 

Just lose the game in Little Rock and this is solved,  you have one more home game!  We just got a Dallas area coach and an AD from Houston. It makes more sense to play in Texas annually now than it ever did with Bielema or Petrino.

I would like to avoid Kyle Field.  It's really the only thing that SHOULD be tough about beating Texas A&M

flynhog

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2018, 10:39:11 am »

The problem with A&M in Jerry's World is that we managed to lose every game.  Give CM a chance.  I want to see Chad beat Jimbo anyway.

KlubhouseKonnected

• OOOOhh, GOOD FOR YOU!
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2018, 10:45:18 am »

No kidding, itís starting to get really quirky

KlubhouseKonnected

• OOOOhh, GOOD FOR YOU!
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2018, 10:48:30 am »

People who want Arkansas to play Arkansas State called and said we should ďkeep that money in the stateĒ

RazorPiggie

« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2018, 10:48:40 am »

Keep Jerry World just make it a OOC game w/ a Power 5. We need more SEC games in Fay.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Guessing is easier than actually trying!
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2018, 10:50:39 am »

Keep it cause it upsets the Aggies.

You are forgetting they have to agree to any contract just like we do. If they want out at the end of the deal they will get out.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 12:26:37 pm by Inhogswetrust »

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Guessing is easier than actually trying!
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2018, 10:52:44 am »

I believe we would have won at least ONE of those Overtime games, if we had been playing in Fayetteville instead of on the road.

Maybe when A&M starts leading the overall series vs the Hogs, people will start caring more about Wins than "having a good time in Dallas" or a 30 second sound byte about "it helps recruiting"

Speaking of recruiting... we've been doing this game in Dallas for nearly 10 years now, and we've still never had a recruiting class better than 9th in the SEC. 

So obviously it doesn't really help recruiting, that's just an empty talking point.

If our former coach emphasized recruiting there as much as it appears our current coach is going to then it might have helped.

TexasRazorback

« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2018, 10:55:37 am »

The problem with A&M in Jerry's World is that we managed to lose every game.  Give CM a chance.  I want to see Chad beat Jimbo anyway.

you obviously dont remember the patrino years when we beat a&M every year in dallas

Wildhog

« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2018, 10:56:46 am »

Problem is you're giving up two official visit weekends.  It's tough enough to coordinate those visits with kids without being hamstrung by off-campus "home" games.

TexasRazorback

« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2018, 11:36:43 am »

Problem is you're giving up two official visit weekends.  It's tough enough to coordinate those visits with kids without being hamstrung by off-campus "home" games.

We bring a lot of Texas recruits to the A&M game, the game in Dallas is more important to our team then playing in Little Rock which costs us a home game every year. We rotate with A&M who hosts the Dallas game every year. Look at OU and Texas. They play in Dallas every year and its huge for OU recruiting to be  able to bring in Texas recruits to their game and beat a Texas school on their own soil. Get rid of little rock and keep Dallas

LAHogfan123

« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2018, 11:44:46 am »

We bring a lot of Texas recruits to the A&M game, the game in Dallas is more important to our team then playing in Little Rock which costs us a home game every year. We rotate with A&M who hosts the Dallas game every year. Look at OU and Texas. They play in Dallas every year and its huge for OU recruiting to be  able to bring in Texas recruits to their game and beat a Texas school on their own soil. Get rid of little rock and keep Dallas

We may bring Texas recruits to the game in Dallas but the great ones seem to pick the Aggies.

DeltaBoy

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2018, 11:52:10 am »

Bobby had no issues winning in Dallas .

go hogues

• You're at an eight but we need you at a two.
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2018, 12:27:44 pm »

Tons of truth here. +1

RyanMallettsEgo

• Take it easy, I'm pre-law.
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2018, 12:28:27 pm »

End the thread now.

ricepig

« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2018, 12:31:45 pm »

End the thread now.

Well, Morris and Yurachek are both on record in favor of keeping the aTm game in Dallas.

RyanMallettsEgo

• Take it easy, I'm pre-law.
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2018, 12:36:16 pm »

Well, Morris and Yurachek are both on record in favor of keeping the aTm game in Dallas.

Yeah, and games are still gonna be played in WMS but people are still bitching about it. I may not like it, but I know there's no use in losing my mind over it because I have no hand in it.

RazorPiggie

« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2018, 12:40:15 pm »

Yeah because bringing kids to a game in Dallas is the same as them being able to see our campus and a stadium packed with 70K+ Hog fans.

OU gets Texas kids because its closer and half the teams they play are in the state of Texas. So over your 4 year career you got 4 games in Dallas, 2 in Fort Worth, 2 in Waco, 2 in Lubbock.

I'm all for playing in Jerry World but the aTm game needs to be in Fay.

DeltaBoy

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2018, 12:43:14 pm »

Better check your facts Bobby P Hogs had no issues with beating TAMU in Dallas.

twistitup

« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2018, 01:30:49 pm »

No kidding, itís starting to get really quirky

Is quirky good or bad?

DLUXHOG

• It'll feel better when it quits hurtin'
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2018, 02:50:52 pm »

That will take a couple of decades...

daprospecta

« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2018, 04:52:34 pm »

you obviously dont remember the patrino years when we beat a&M every year in dallas
I do. I remember this moment vividly and it was glorious.

Augustus

« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2018, 05:45:10 pm »

The A&M game in Dallas is great for us. allows the Texas recruits to play in its home state every year and we bring a lot of Texas recruits to the game. The worst decision is playing Mizzou in Little Rock every other year. That conference game needs to be in Fayetteville and no where else. War memorial is not the home field advantage it once use to be. STOP PLAYING IN LITTLE ROCK

I'm with you on not playing any conference games at WMS.  But you lost me on the Jerry's World deal.

You made the point that War Memorial no longer gives us the home field advantage, so don't schedule a conference game there.

Jerry's World gives us even less of a home field advantage than WMS.
-  Dallas is twice as far away from Fayetteville
-  Far more A&M fans show up at the Jerry's World game, vs opposing fans for games at WMS
-  We haven't beat A&M since they joined the SEC, and 3 of the last 4 games at Jerry's World went into Overtime.  Don't you think we win at least ONE of those Overtime games, if we were playing in Fayetteville?

And, the thing about "letting Texas recruits play in their home state"?

Here's the breakdown by class of Texas recruits who became Hogs
2018 class:  4 recruits from Texas
2017 class:  2 recruits from Texas
2016 class:  4 recruits from Texas
2015 class:  4 recruits from Texas
2014 class:  2 recruits from Texas

At best, recruits from Texas only make up 16% of each signing class and/or the 85 scholarship players on the Hogs team.

Are you suggesting it's a good idea for us to agree to play an SEC Division opponent on the road, every year... because it gives only 16% of our Team the chance to play a game in their home state?!?!

Deep Shoat

• The Artist formerly known as Hong Kong Sooey
« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2018, 05:52:54 pm »

Everyone here with half a brain knows our Texas numbers are about to go up significantly, mostly from DFW and East Texas.  Continuing to play at Jerryworld will make it easier to recruit them. 

Augustus

« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2018, 06:22:17 pm »

Everyone here with half a brain knows our Texas numbers are about to go up significantly, mostly from DFW and East Texas.  Continuing to play at Jerryworld will make it easier to recruit them.

Winning will make it easier to recruit them.

FIFY

Supermark101

• Senior
  • We all need a little Love
« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2018, 09:16:05 pm »

Uh, no, the OM game is in LR. We don't make $5M every other year. What we get is the proceeds from our ticket sales, the same as aTm gets. Jerry let's us have the stadium rent free, and he pockets the concessions and parking. It's about a $3.5m take every year, not as profitable as a home game in RRS, but getting it every year helps. Morris and Yurachek want to keep the aTm game in Dallas, it will be interesting to see what happens.

You're right i forgot about OM.

When did that change? When it was originally announced, each team received 5 million.

ricepig

« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2018, 09:18:50 pm »

When did that change? When it was originally announced, each team received 5 million.

Pretty sure the terms changed when we resumed it after the home and home in 2012 and 2013.

Uberanubis

« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2018, 10:48:12 pm »

question, how can we bring in recruits to the dallas game but we cant the the little rock game?

Sweet Feet

• Hogvillian
« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2018, 12:35:28 am »

Its similar to the WMS situation. It's not as big a problem when Arkansas is winning. It's when Arkansas consistently loses people start thinking its the neutral site itself instead of the team/coach so they want to leave it.

But ever since TAMU has joined the SEC, it's been the Texas A&M invitational.

Redhogs

« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2018, 08:10:05 am »

Yea..let's abandon playing in a billion $ high profile stadium in very fertile recruiting grounds to continue playing in a 50K seat dump with poor recruiting grounds....only in Arkansas does this stupidity make sense to some...Stop both maybe, but one for the other is just asinine and hurtful to the program.

Dominicanhog

« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2018, 08:27:51 am »

any idea what we'd make from sellouts at A&M and RRS, gotta be close to the $7 mill.. add a P5 OOC at Jerry's World for a nice trifecta but I'm sure they've put a pencil to it..and as you said, the people that matter, want it to stay the same, so.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas