• 396,100 Topics
• 22,371 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Great article on Bobby Portis and his mom  (Read 1410 times)

hoglady

Re: Great article on Bobby Portis and his mom
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2018, 10:34:07 am »

Thanks for posting.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

PorkRinds

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2018, 11:54:25 am »

Love that dude.

logic

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2018, 12:53:20 pm »

Portis punched Mirotic in the face and knocked him out cold. Mirotic suffered multiple facial fractures and a concussion.

I'm surprised that the NBA allows that kind of extreme violence.  As much as I like Portis, he should be banned from the NBA for at least one year and maybe for life.

Hoggy Bear

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2018, 09:06:43 pm »

I've always thought Corliss would have made a great addition to the Razorback staff and this article helps to reinforce that.  He can relate to the younger basketball players and help mentor them, he played in the NBA so he has credibility, and he seems to be able to teach the post players a thing or two.

hoglady

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2018, 09:14:42 pm »

Portis punched Mirotic in the face and knocked him out cold. Mirotic suffered multiple facial fractures and a concussion.

I'm surprised that the NBA allows that kind of extreme violence.  As much as I like Portis, he should be banned from the NBA for at least one year and maybe for life.

The altercation happened during practice.
I believe Portis' punishment was a Bulls front office decision.
Mirotic had pushed Portis a couple of times and then charged him - it was one punch by Portis that just happened to hit Mirotic just right.

PonderinHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Go Hogs and Go Mike Anderson!
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2018, 09:21:11 pm »

Augustus

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Hogs fan, and I don't do bandwagon.
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2018, 10:58:41 pm »

Earlier this evening... Bobby Portis surprised his mom by buying her a fully furnished house:

http://katv.com/news/local/bulls-forward-bobby-portis-surprises-mom-with-new-home-for-mothers-day

RaisinHog

• Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2018, 11:02:36 pm »

Darn communist

ADavisTheGOAT

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2018, 02:43:04 am »

Mirotic must have done something to piss off Bobby pretty bad. Iím a diehard Pelicans fan and Mirotic seems as laid back as you can get. But then again some people just donít get along.

snoot hoggy hog

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2018, 07:27:19 am »

Mirotic must have done something to piss off Bobby pretty bad. Iím a diehard Pelicans fan and Mirotic seems as laid back as you can get. But then again some people just donít get along.

Mirotic was the instigator.

razorback1829

• Senior
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2018, 08:25:32 am »

Been stated several times that Mirotic was the aggressor. Bobby shouldnít of knocked him out, but it happens from time to time. We used to never hear about stuff like this. I think the fact Mirotic got his face broke was what made it such a headline.

FineAsSwine

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Hogville think tank
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2018, 08:59:58 am »

Earlier this evening... Bobby Portis surprised his mom by buying her a fully furnished house:

http://katv.com/news/local/bulls-forward-bobby-portis-surprises-mom-with-new-home-for-mothers-day

Makes me a bigger fan of Bobby than ever before. I am really rooting for him to get a big second contract. He deserves that blessing.

logic

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2018, 05:31:02 am »

The altercation happened during practice.
I believe Portis' punishment was a Bulls front office decision.
Mirotic had pushed Portis a couple of times and then charged him - it was one punch by Portis that just happened to hit Mirotic just right.
There is a huge difference between a shove and putting someone in the hospital. NBA players are double tough so that is a hit that would killed most people.  Right or wrong, I expect Arkansas fans to support him, but outside of Arkansas, he's getting a lot of criticism.

Regardless of where someone if from, right is right and wrong is wrong. Nevertheless, I don't know the whole story so maybe the tiny punishment is justified.  I do believe either player could have defused the situation by just walking away.  In any event, it is still a mark against Portis, so should it happens again, I expect NBA will ban him for life.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 06:15:10 am by logic »

ShadowHawg

• All-American Hogvillian
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2018, 07:14:57 am »

There is a huge difference between a shove and putting someone in the hospital. NBA players are double tough so that is a hit that would killed most people.  Right or wrong, I expect Arkansas fans to support him, but outside of Arkansas, he's getting a lot of criticism.

Regardless of where someone if from, right is right and wrong is wrong. Nevertheless, I don't know the whole story so maybe the tiny punishment is justified.  I do believe either player could have defused the situation by just walking away.  In any event, it is still a mark against Portis, so should it happens again, I expect NBA will ban him for life.

One punch. Not a beating. Someone shoved you and charges you. The punch you throw is an act of self defense. Thatís why Portis is ok.

Now put your big girl panties on and go have a great day

NinoHogUNIA

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2018, 11:28:21 am »

Actually he wasn't taking a load of criticism.   The other guy demanded BP to be traded.

We see whose side the front office was on.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas