• 396,424 Topics
• 22,588 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looks like BB has landed  (Read 7203 times)

rzrbackramsfan

• All-American Hogvillian
  • "Winners never quit, quitters never win"
Re: Looks like BB has landed
« Reply #100 on: May 13, 2018, 09:34:59 pm »

The patriots don't screw around.  You're just blind with dumb hatred.

You both were right.  He was worse than John l and Jack Crowe, and yes, the pats donít screw around. 

Probably the correct answer is that heís a good position coach and maybe coordinator, but not a good head coach.

PorkRinds

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #101 on: May 14, 2018, 10:53:21 am »

You both were right.  He was worse than John l and Jack Crowe, and yes, the pats donít screw around. 

Probably the correct answer is that heís a good position coach and maybe coordinator, but not a good head coach.

He was in no way, shape, or form worse than John L. Smith. Thatís dumb.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Busta_Nutt

• Senior
  • "Wow!" - Owen Wilson
« Reply #102 on: May 14, 2018, 11:53:55 am »

I have never sold vacuum cleaners.

The following is what I have sold in-homes.

Whole house water filtration systems
Custom built spas (for patios and decks)
Leaf protection system guttering
Walk-in tubs and walk-in showers (those 2 products I currently sell)

Bielema could possibly sell vacuum cleaners.  It would be right up his ally because they both suck.  :)

Which has been the easiest to sell during your career? Also, most difficult? And why?

Couple more questions. Have you dined at any new Cracker Barrels recently? If so, which one(s) and how did it stack up to the previously visited establishments?

HoginMemphis

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #103 on: May 14, 2018, 12:00:15 pm »

He made $20 million at Arkansas and brought us to our knees. 11 conference wins in 5 years. For math challenged viewers, that is an average of 2.2 conferences wins per season for half a decade. If not the worst program in the SEC over those 5 seasons, we were 2nd worst.

I do not think well of Bielema because he did not give us our money's worth. I do not wish him ill will, but I do not wish him well either. F him. Glad he is gone. I am trying to completely forget him. Again, and I said this on Hogville that weekend, I would have fired him after the Auburn game in 2016.

ChitownHawg

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Head Hog coaching from above now.
« Reply #104 on: May 14, 2018, 06:05:55 pm »

He made $20 million at Arkansas and brought us to our knees. 11 conference wins in 5 years. For math challenged viewers, that is an average of 2.2 conferences wins per season for half a decade. If not the worst program in the SEC over those 5 seasons, we were 2nd worst.

I do not think well of Bielema because he did not give us our money's worth. I do not wish him ill will, but I do not wish him well either. F him. Glad he is gone. I am trying to completely forget him. Again, and I said this on Hogville that weekend, I would have fired him after the Auburn game in 2016.

You are failing.  ;)

Athog

• Hogville.net
« Reply #105 on: May 14, 2018, 08:55:36 pm »

He technically hasn't been "coaching" for at least the last 2 years...
Good for him, hope he gets a new lease on life in football, thatís obviously where his heart is.

This^! I wish him the very best.

GoHogs1091

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net Rocks!
« Reply #106 on: May 14, 2018, 09:35:36 pm »

Which has been the easiest to sell during your career? Also, most difficult? And why?

Couple more questions. Have you dined at any new Cracker Barrels recently? If so, which one(s) and how did it stack up to the previously visited establishments?

They have all been about the same difficulty wise.  Selling in homes is regarded as being the most skillful form of selling.  The salesman is on the home turf of the potential customer.  Also, the salesman is having to get the potential customer to make a yes decision after a limited amount of time of persuasion (usually only have around 2 hours to work with regarding focusing on their need(s), explaining the product and your organization, focusing on how the product benefits them and meets their need(s), and closing them into making a yes decision).

Regarding any additional Cracker Barrels, I have added the Joplin, MO one to the list of the locations where I have eaten.  It is the same quality wise as many of the others.

The one in Branson, MO is still the best one.  The one in Springdale is still the 2nd best.

sowmonella

• You know I'm right.
« Reply #107 on: May 14, 2018, 10:04:47 pm »

Most here have the same opinion of you.

HoginMemphis

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #108 on: May 14, 2018, 10:49:33 pm »

Most here have the same opinion of you.
Most here are lemmings.

STLhawg

• Senior
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #109 on: May 15, 2018, 09:51:18 am »

I think the TAMU baseball team might have hired BB as a consultant this past weekend.   I saw their players eating PBJ sandwhiches in the dugout during their game at Baum on Sunday.  ;) 

Busta_Nutt

• Senior
  • "Wow!" - Owen Wilson
« Reply #110 on: May 15, 2018, 09:59:14 am »

They have all been about the same difficulty wise.  Selling in homes is regarded as being the most skillful form of selling.  The salesman is on the home turf of the potential customer.  Also, the salesman is having to get the potential customer to make a yes decision after a limited amount of time of persuasion (usually only have around 2 hours to work with regarding focusing on their need(s), explaining the product and your organization, focusing on how the product benefits them and meets their need(s), and closing them into making a yes decision).

Regarding any additional Cracker Barrels, I have added the Joplin, MO one to the list of the locations where I have eaten.  It is the same quality wise as many of the others.

The one in Branson, MO is still the best one.  The one in Springdale is still the 2nd best.

This all makes a great deal of sense. Thank you for your service to this message board.

Cmheinley

• Senior
  • WPS
« Reply #111 on: May 15, 2018, 10:11:17 am »

Respectfully disagree. Realty is baited. They come to you with a desire to purchase. Try walking in to an office and convincing an office manager or practice administrator that hates salesmen to sign a 5 year contract with you in 30 minutes :)

HogPharmer

• KCCO
« Reply #112 on: May 15, 2018, 10:14:34 am »

I think the TAMU baseball team might have hired BB as a consultant this past weekend.   I saw their players eating PBJ sandwhiches in the dugout during their game at Baum on Sunday.  ;)

I saw that too.... Was waiting on a post by Skandar about that but he never showed... To say I was disappointed in him is an understatement.

Busta_Nutt

• Senior
  • "Wow!" - Owen Wilson
« Reply #113 on: May 15, 2018, 03:25:30 pm »

Respectfully disagree. Realty is baited. They come to you with a desire to purchase. Try walking in to an office and convincing an office manager or practice administrator that hates salesmen to sign a 5 year contract with you in 30 minutes :)

Are you challenging The Great Salestini?

HeathWimp

• AKA "Frank's Slap Rendition Camp"
« Reply #114 on: May 16, 2018, 08:47:50 am »

Totally agree.  I wish there was a "lemon law" for coaches that would have allowed us to send him back to Wisconisin.

PolishPigPower

• As useless as JPEGs to Helen Keller...
« Reply #115 on: May 16, 2018, 09:07:01 am »

Even though he couldn't get it done here, he's clearly still hungry.

Truer words have never been written...

Augustus

• Hogs fan, and I don't do bandwagon.
« Reply #116 on: May 16, 2018, 11:57:36 pm »

Well... the Board of Directors not only approved his salary, but his buyout as well. So...

Augustus

• Hogs fan, and I don't do bandwagon.
« Reply #117 on: May 16, 2018, 11:58:39 pm »

Truer words have never been written...

LMAOOOO yeah, I should've added "no pun intended. Well, maybe... "  ;) ;) ;)

urkillnmesmalls

• Experience: You get it just after you needed it!
« Reply #118 on: May 17, 2018, 12:09:35 am »

He landed?  I didn't even think he could jump.  Is there a crater? 

PonderinHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Go Hogs and Go Mike Anderson!
« Reply #119 on: May 17, 2018, 12:22:19 am »

He landed?  I didn't even think he could jump.  Is there a crater?
Church bells rang in Arkansas. 

jkstock04

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #120 on: May 17, 2018, 06:55:20 am »

The guy is an absolute joke and was from day 1. The entire sequence of 2012 to where we sit today is still every bit as flabbergasting. Competing for the SEC and consistent top 20 ranking with national recognition? Naaa let's say bye bye to all that and go to slow and weak mid 2000s big 10 football and convince the fan base it's really awesome because winning is secondary and integrity rules.

greenEGnHAWGS

• Another day in HV Paradise...
« Reply #121 on: May 17, 2018, 08:05:29 am »

The guy is an absolute joke and was from day 1. The entire sequence of 2012 to where we sit today is still every bit as flabbergasting. Competing for the SEC and consistent top 20 ranking with national recognition? Naaa let's say bye bye to all that and go to slow and weak mid 2000s big 10 football and convince the fan base it's really awesome because winning is secondary and integrity rules.

1. Itís not flabbergasting at all. Itís actually really simple. He had success at Wisky and brought his same philosophy to Arkansas. The ONLY difference is he didnít realize the drudge of the SECW. He knew he was didnít have the horse and could just never get enough to beat them with his philosophy.

2. Winning was always his priority. He never indicated anything else. Integrity was something he brought and pushed, but youíre being purposely naive if you think he thought winning was secondary.

I donít understand all of the angst towards him. Would YOU turn down a big contract that guaranteed big money? Would YOU tear up the contract if you were let go and let the money go? Please. No one here would.

jkstock04

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #122 on: May 17, 2018, 08:30:25 am »

1. Itís not flabbergasting at all. Itís actually really simple. He had success at Wisky and brought his same philosophy to Arkansas. The ONLY difference is he didnít realize the drudge of the SECW. He knew he was didnít have the horse and could just never get enough to beat them with his philosophy.

2. Winning was always his priority. He never indicated anything else. Integrity was something he brought and pushed, but youíre being purposely naive if you think he thought winning was secondary.

I donít understand all of the angst towards him. Would YOU turn down a big contract that guaranteed big money? Would YOU tear up the contract if you were let go and let the money go? Please. No one here would.
Flabbergasting that he came here? No. Flabbergasting that Jeff Long and the rest of the brass made the decisions they did to transition us into where we sit now. 6 wins this year will be an absolute banner year apparently. And this is with possibly the weakest schedule in modern school history.

Sure he did. His first year here 2013 when we gave the game away to LSU after the game he mused about how it was better that we went ahead and lost that game. Like that was gonna really pave the way for a serious winning mental fortitude moving forward lol. Get real.

Would I tear up the contract if let go in same situation? Take a look at what ex Wisconsin coach did at Oregon State on his departure.

For me it would be about how I was let go. If I felt I had really tanked on a contract and everything was 100% on me I would let them off easy. If I felt I had been wrongly terminated and it was on them? F them then...pay me the full amount. I've been personally involved in situations like this. Once had someone on the hook for a pretty sizeable contract but we had screwed the job up so badly zero chance I would hold them fully accountable. But what do I know about integrity right?

When $$$$ comes into the picture it's always interesting to me how true integrity or lack thereof shows it's face. Little different than empty words from a big mouth.

zeke_in_kc

• Senior
  • Called it right from "jump."
« Reply #123 on: May 17, 2018, 01:21:11 pm »

What this means to me is that if we can get to -- apparently even just for one year -- mid pack SEC recruiting?  Then we have an opportunity to win some games two years later.

1.  I'm not a fan of our new coach.
2.  He's on the clock.
3.  But if he gets us to fifth or six in recruiting in the next two years?
4.  Then I'm going to shut up and hope for a pattern (winning).

Short of that?  I think we get run off the field trying to play WAC ball in the SEC.  I think CBB would have won in years two and three getting to fifth or sixth in overall SEC recruiting.  Last year was just a debacle...

I do believe he'll be fine in New England, maybe even sideline presentable standing next to a guy in a hoodie.  That said, I bet he's twenty yards away from any real sideline power.

Vantage 8 dude

• Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #124 on: May 17, 2018, 01:26:29 pm »

Was never a concern on my part that CBB wouldn't land somewhere. The only question IMO was when and where. He conceivably could have taken the buyout money and used it as an opportunity to take at least a few months off to relax and reconnect with his baby daughter. I suspect he might have also had a possible gig on one of the networks ala Hooter Nutt and/or an ESPN analyst of some type.

greenEGnHAWGS

• Another day in HV Paradise...
« Reply #125 on: May 17, 2018, 02:09:46 pm »

Flabbergasting that he came here? No. Flabbergasting that Jeff Long and the rest of the brass made the decisions they did to transition us into where we sit now. 6 wins this year will be an absolute banner year apparently. And this is with possibly the weakest schedule in modern school history.

Sure he did. His first year here 2013 when we gave the game away to LSU after the game he mused about how it was better that we went ahead and lost that game. Like that was gonna really pave the way for a serious winning mental fortitude moving forward lol. Get real.

Would I tear up the contract if let go in same situation? Take a look at what ex Wisconsin coach did at Oregon State on his departure.

For me it would be about how I was let go. If I felt I had really tanked on a contract and everything was 100% on me I would let them off easy. If I felt I had been wrongly terminated and it was on them? F them then...pay me the full amount. I've been personally involved in situations like this. Once had someone on the hook for a pretty sizeable contract but we had screwed the job up so badly zero chance I would hold them fully accountable. But what do I know about integrity right?

When $$$$ comes into the picture it's always interesting to me how true integrity or lack thereof shows it's face. Little different than empty words from a big mouth.

Ha ha...oh man. I love it when people bring up the Oregon St coach who gave the money back...as if THATS the norm and/or expected. It was a COMPLETE anomaly and most likely wonít happen ever again.

And Iím calling BS. Granted, I donít know you from Adam, but if you were given a big contract to stay away from your family most days of the year including holidays, live on a national stage where EVERY detail of your failures are printed for everyone to mock, and you did things the right way when all of your competition was cheating, thereís no way youíd be given a severance check and said ďNo sir, thatís too much. I want less.Ē

If youíre flabbergasted at the contract that was written up, sure. Iíll buy that. I was too. But that was not on BB.

DLUXHOG

• It'll feel better when it quits hurtin'
« Reply #126 on: May 17, 2018, 02:19:34 pm »

Can you do this chart for every football coach that has coached at Arkansas?   Just askin...

LAHogfan123

• Varsity
  • Hogzilla
« Reply #127 on: May 17, 2018, 02:35:16 pm »

little pigee

• I'll get back to you on that...
« Reply #128 on: May 17, 2018, 02:39:39 pm »

Most here are lemmings.
You jump first.  I promise I will be right behind you.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas