• 9,924,395 Posts
• 399,198 Topics
• 22,881 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: How would you close the talent gap with schools like Bama/LSU/GA  (Read 3200 times)

logic

Re: How would you close the talent gap with schools like Bama/LSU/GA
« Reply #100 on: May 11, 2018, 10:16:59 pm »

You can hope, but realistically that is not possible.

Firehousesub

• Walk-On
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #101 on: May 11, 2018, 11:01:03 pm »

CCM needs to focus on rebuilding the central Arkansas track programs. Rebuilding track programs in the Little Rock metro will bring more of that speed we’ve been chasing under Bert.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

HogPharmer

« Reply #102 on: May 12, 2018, 11:28:19 am »

CCM needs to focus on rebuilding the central Arkansas track programs. Rebuilding track programs in the Little Rock metro will bring more of that speed we’ve been chasing under Bert.

Why not just go after the track athletes already on the hill? I hear we have a decent track program.

Pudgepork

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Horse Racings most unlikely champ
« Reply #103 on: May 12, 2018, 12:49:42 pm »

Average 10 wins a year for 15 yrs and that problem is solved

GoHogs1091

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net Rocks!
« Reply #104 on: May 12, 2018, 04:04:54 pm »

Some would say it's a simple matter of numbers. Arkansas only has 2.9 million residents. I don't buy into that nonsense. Oklahoma has 3.8 million and regularly fields two very competitive P5 football programs. Oregon only has 3.9 mil, Louisiana has 4.6 mil, South Carolina 4.7, and Alabama 4.8 mil.

The question to me is, what have OU, Okie State, Oregon, LSU, USCe, Clemson, Bama, and Auburn done to compensate for their size of their state populations? It can't be all tradition. OSU, Oregon, and Clemson aren't exactly historic world beaters. Luckily, CCM played a big role in taking Clemson from a nobody that everyone made fun of to a contender. He has the blue print. You cannot convince me that Arkansas cannot be a contender when a school like Clemson has done it who has similar population and has to compete with an in-state SEC school for recruiting yearly. Just gotta find that special recipe.

Morris helped with the turning around of Clemson, but Clemson did not become elite until after Swinney hired Venables.

It is not a coincidence that Oklahoma was never the same after Venables left, and Clemson went to two NC games (winning one of them) after they hired Venables.

Morris though did help Clemson, but his help only went so far for Clemson.  Swinney ended up having to get an elite Coach and an elite recruiter to get their Defense where it needed to be in order for Clemson to take the next step to elite status.

DeltaBoy

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I'm Un-Reconstructed. Sic semper tyrannis
« Reply #105 on: May 15, 2018, 10:09:17 am »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas