• 394,713 Topics
• 22,261 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Bijon Jackson tweet  (Read 8415 times)

mhsbc59

• All-American Hogvillian
  • "Cause thats how I Role"
Re: Bijon Jackson tweet
« Reply #150 on: May 04, 2018, 12:56:41 pm »

I'm not in a luxury box. My season tickets are indoor in the south end zone, and have been for maybe four years out of the 33 years that I have been a season-ticket holder. However, if I could afford season tickets in the new luxury boxes, I certainly would buy them.

indoors luxury box same thing

ricepig

« Reply #151 on: May 04, 2018, 12:57:27 pm »

What was the last year in which season ticket prices decreased?

A couple of years ago they lowered the upper deck season tickets.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

theFlyingHog

« Reply #152 on: May 04, 2018, 12:58:00 pm »

Move all games to Fayetteville. Play Arkansas State in WMS every year. It's time for both.
If they move all games to Fayetteville how do they play a game in WMS?

mhsbc59

« Reply #153 on: May 04, 2018, 12:58:42 pm »

I'm not in a luxury box. My season tickets are indoor in the south end zone, and have been for maybe four years out of the 33 years that I have been a season-ticket holder. However, if I could afford season tickets in the new luxury boxes, I certainly would buy them.

bet you still get to hobknob with all you business buddies about the asain markets huh lol i kid

SemperHawg

« Reply #154 on: May 04, 2018, 12:58:55 pm »

My only problem with this is that it would currently leave only 2 "home" SEC games in those years. Move the aTm game back in campus and I can accept it.
100% agree.

GoHogzzGo

« Reply #155 on: May 04, 2018, 12:59:35 pm »

I think it’s worth mentioning (sorry if I missed it earlier) that this tweet comes from a southern Arkansas kid. Not some kid who’s parents only have to drive 1 hour to Fayetteville. Tulsa is closer than El Dorado.

That should mean a lot for those who say WMS is about the Little Rock and southern Ark kids.

mhsbc59

« Reply #156 on: May 04, 2018, 01:00:53 pm »

A couple of years ago they lowered the upper deck season tickets.

I was squeezed out before then so i don't know i buy on a game buy game basis now.

WilsonHog

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame Hogvillian
« Reply #157 on: May 04, 2018, 01:01:31 pm »

indoors luxury box same thing

Having been blessed to watch a couple of games from luxury boxes over the years, I can tell you from experience that they are not the same thing at all. 

hoggusamoungus

• Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #158 on: May 04, 2018, 01:02:57 pm »

And other than ASU likely being a better opponent that FAMU or some others, its no different than what they've been doing the past few years.

WilsonHog

• Administrator
« Reply #159 on: May 04, 2018, 01:04:10 pm »

bet you still get to hobknob with all you business buddies about the asain markets huh lol i kid

Only until the Merlot runs out.

mhsbc59

« Reply #160 on: May 04, 2018, 01:04:22 pm »

Having been blessed to watch a couple of games from luxury boxes over the years, I can tell you from experience that they are not the same thing at all. 

Wouldn't know I'm sniffing the grill at home most weeks and making it to bowl games and one other conference game a year now

mhsbc59

« Reply #161 on: May 04, 2018, 01:05:33 pm »

Best to load up on jack and coke in the pregame

All kidding aside you do see how we are at a cross roads with price and viability though don't you?

redeye

• Go Hogs Go!!!
« Reply #162 on: May 04, 2018, 01:06:15 pm »

Honestly, if a "fan" stops being a fan because the team plays home games at home, how much of a fan where they really?  You are correct though that it is unique to have to play one or more home games in a stadium that is well past it's prime and requires a long bus ride to get to.  Not sure how that's a plus for recruiting.

Isn't college football a business?  Whose job is it to make a business successful?  Because if the fan is the customer here, then it sounds like you're blaming the customer.

My feelings are split on the issue, although I think Whoiskid makes a good point.  In fact, this issue has been dragging on for so long now, that I think what he described has already begun and that the image of the Arkansas Razorbacks has already eroded some in Central Arkansas.  I'm not saying it's justified or that most people feel that way, but it probably has something to do with WMS struggling to sell out in recent times.  I'm also not blaming anyone in particular for it, but the PTB have allowed it to go on for far too long now.  The whole thing has been handled horribly, and regardless of whatever's eventually decided, the University of Arkansas needs closure on the issue ASAP.

WilsonHog

• Administrator
« Reply #163 on: May 04, 2018, 01:17:49 pm »

Best to load up on jack and coke in the pregame

All kidding aside you do see how we are at a cross roads with price and viability though don't you?

Will changes need to be made? Sure. People much smarter than me will figure those out so that at the end of the day the primary motive is still met - making money. As long as this world has been spinning, that's been the dividing line. Those who have, and those who have not, in all avenues of life - sports included.

Do I think I'll ever see the day when the per-game cost of $133 for my current seats drops to $100 or less? Or $75?

No.

I think it is much more likely that, assuming I live a normal life span, I will see our head football coach earning north of $6 million a year.

3Bombs

• Band Nerd
« Reply #164 on: May 04, 2018, 01:19:31 pm »

Except for one rent-a-win. Play AState at WMS. All others in Fay

Salted Pork

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #165 on: May 04, 2018, 01:20:06 pm »

The perception of the ARKANSAS Razorbacks not representing the state according to Central Arkansans have been proportional to the steady decline of LR's economy, and social/cultural importance compared to NWA. Translation: Ya'll just butthurt. Just make the trip to Fayetteville and enjoy yourself, or sit at home and watch on TV, or go support another team that "represents the state".

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Guessing is easier than actually trying!
« Reply #166 on: May 04, 2018, 01:28:11 pm »

So, who is going to pay to renovate War Memorial?
Nobody.

mhsbc59

« Reply #167 on: May 04, 2018, 01:33:52 pm »

Will changes need to be made? Sure. People much smarter than me will figure those out so that at the end of the day the primary motive is still met - making money. As long as this world has been spinning, that's been the dividing line. Those who have, and those who have not, in all avenues of life - sports included.

Do I think I'll ever see the day when the per-game cost of $133 for my current seats drops to $100 or less? Or $75?

No.

I think it is much more likely that, assuming I live a normal life span, I will see our head football coach earning north of $6 million a year.

Forget about the price number and think value because a $25 ticket from 1992 is the same value of a $45 ticket from 2006 but not the same as the 85 ticket from 2010 when i stopped buying season tickets

We mustn't forget about the inflation

your $133 ticket may not drop in price but that $133 may be less than it is today and that is also a reduction of price

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #168 on: May 04, 2018, 01:40:56 pm »

I know damn well there has never been 10,000 students "inside" RRS for a "Football game ".  Now, if there was a concert held there, well sure thing!  But not a chance has there ever been 10,000 for and actual game, if you believe that then I have a nice golden gate bridge I'll sell you that's located in Fayetteville for $20.00.  Like another poster stated, the students by the thousands are around partying and drinking on game day, I don't mind that, it's just that they don't enter the Stadium.  The ones that do most of them leave between the 3rd and beginning of the 4th quarter regardless of the outcome, leaving only a token crew there to support the players at the end of the game.  I go to every game, and was apart of that student body at one time and I attended every game while on the hill.  I know what I'm talking about.  Read my lips again, if you think 10,000 students go to the games, then you also think there's a man in the moon.

Well there has been a man ON the moon in the past. Several in fact.

mhsbc59

« Reply #169 on: May 04, 2018, 01:41:59 pm »

not according to some

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #170 on: May 04, 2018, 01:43:04 pm »

It's been going on forever. They search the students pretty well, whereas back in the day........

Back in the day if they searched the students pretty well there wouldn’t have been 1,000 inside the stadium!

ricepig

« Reply #171 on: May 04, 2018, 01:48:53 pm »

I know damn well there has never been 10,000 students "inside" RRS for a "Football game ".  Now, if there was a concert held there, well sure thing!  But not a chance has there ever been 10,000 for and actual game, if you believe that then I have a nice golden gate bridge I'll sell you that's located in Fayetteville for $20.00.  Like another poster stated, the students by the thousands are around partying and drinking on game day, I don't mind that, it's just that they don't enter the Stadium.  The ones that do most of them leave between the 3rd and beginning of the 4th quarter regardless of the outcome, leaving only a token crew there to support the players at the end of the game.  I go to every game, and was apart of that student body at one time and I attended every game while on the hill.  I know what I'm talking about.  Read my lips again, if you think 10,000 students go to the games, then you also think there's a man in the moon.
And you know this how? You think you're the only one to attend the University of Arkansas and attend a game? I stand corrected, it was over 8000 students at the games, so not quite 10,000. They've sold over 12,000 student access passes the past few years, so it's trending up.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #172 on: May 04, 2018, 01:57:13 pm »

the bourgeoisie pricing out the working man from games

I work and I go to games. I have season tickets. Have SEZ outdoor club seats in RRS. I’m not rich either. Some day maybe I’ll be priced out but at my age I’ll probably die before then. Heck my dad used to complain about $20 tickets!

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #173 on: May 04, 2018, 02:01:20 pm »

It cant. TV is all but dried up Look at ESPN downsizing,  Attendance is down nation wide EVERYONE the nation included is about to be bankrupt i give it a decade

We are at the apex of what the sport can be.  The sport and everything about it is going to have to change or it will die.

Thanks for that economic report Mr Economics Professor.........

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #174 on: May 04, 2018, 02:06:58 pm »

donations to buy season tickets went down that's a start.  also the actually ticket price may not go down but because of inflation the value would be different

you being in your luxury box so long might not have realized whats been going on in the real world.

Let me guess.... you’ve stocked up on canned food and ammo.

mhsbc59

« Reply #175 on: May 04, 2018, 02:08:43 pm »

Let me guess.... you’ve stocked up on canned food and ammo.

Maybe but dont expect me to let you in my bunker

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #176 on: May 04, 2018, 02:10:41 pm »

If Merlot is what they serve then I don’t want a luxury box!

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #177 on: May 04, 2018, 02:13:23 pm »

not according to some

Some idiots.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #178 on: May 04, 2018, 02:14:57 pm »

Maybe but dont expect me to let you in my bunker

No problem....your wife doesn’t want in your bunker either by the way.

mhsbc59

« Reply #179 on: May 04, 2018, 02:19:01 pm »

No problem....your wife doesn't want in your bunker either by the way.

yes let the hate flow though you strike me down with your anger i am unarmed. Your transformation to the dark side will be complete

nice to know i get to you so bad you would start to get personal about it real quick how tall are 5'4  5'2

LAHogfan123

« Reply #180 on: May 04, 2018, 02:21:49 pm »

Yes, but have you never heard the old saying of a man in the moon??  I have and I think that's what he's referring to.

mhsbc59

« Reply #181 on: May 04, 2018, 02:24:08 pm »

Yes, but have you never heard the old saying of a man in the moon??  I have and I think that's what he's referring to.

I have but inhogswetrust is blinded by hate and anger to notice

DEVIL DOG HOG

• Grandpa's hayride
« Reply #182 on: May 04, 2018, 02:24:31 pm »

Move all games to Fayetteville. Play Arkansas State in WMS every year. It's time for both.

WM is too small for a game between UA and ASU.

HognitiveDissonance

« Reply #183 on: May 04, 2018, 07:43:45 pm »

I'm indifferent but Bielema hated playing in Little Rock. I'm sure that rubbed off on the players some.
I think when he said in recent interview he didn't know some of the 'land mines' of the job beforehand this is what he was referring to. Of course, it's an excuse in my opinion, as his predecessor finished 5th in the nation with same job, and Nutt loved playing in LR and played it up, actually. Both of those guys had really good records in LR.

So I agree that CBB probably hated it, and had a negative attitude about it from the beginning.

DLUXHOG

• It'll feel better when it quits hurtin'
« Reply #184 on: May 04, 2018, 07:52:16 pm »

If it hurts recruiting Little Rock will you whiny Fayetteville fans still go for it?

FYI,   It hurts recruitment anywhere, since we cannot have recruits on an official visit....

The NewEra

• New Era
« Reply #185 on: May 04, 2018, 08:07:39 pm »

Except for one rent-a-win. Play AState at WMS. All others in Fay
[/quot

I can see where AState fans would show up for this game but I'm not convinced this game would excite Hog fans enough to have them show up in mass.  It could likely end up in the same situation we've seen in the past.  War Memorial with a bunch of empty seats.  AState Fans are the only people who have been clamoring for this matchup. 

ALLVOL

« Reply #186 on: May 04, 2018, 09:02:29 pm »

Well there you have it... one player says they don't like Little Rock so change it now. I mean forget the COUNTLESS players who say they loved it. I mean the NWA snobs have their guy now.

Mike Irwin

« Reply #187 on: May 04, 2018, 09:12:52 pm »

Well there you have it... one player says they don't like Little Rock so change it now. I mean forget the COUNTLESS players who say they loved it. I mean the NWA snobs have their guy now.

The word for the last several years is that most of the players don't like LR games but they are told to keep those feelings to themselves.

I honestly don't have an opinion on whether the games in LR should continue but I'm hearing that they will. Nonetheless Bijhon has a right to say whatever he wants especially since he's an ex player. He's also an instate kid. I seriously doubt that his tweet will have any affect on the decision.

Salted Pork

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #188 on: May 04, 2018, 09:35:04 pm »

Provide a list of said "countless" players who "said" they "loved" playing at WMS. And not players who played 100 years ago with leather helmets, either.

RazorPiggie

« Reply #189 on: May 04, 2018, 10:05:23 pm »

I’m good with Mizzou every other year.

sowmonella

• Who threw a pizza on my roof?
« Reply #190 on: May 04, 2018, 10:52:16 pm »

If WMS is such a good option, why doesn't even AState play there every year?

masbas3

• Varsity
« Reply #191 on: May 04, 2018, 10:58:07 pm »

They can't afford the bus ride from Jonesboro to Little Rock.

masbas3

• Varsity
« Reply #192 on: May 04, 2018, 11:03:17 pm »

And you know this how? You think you're the only one to attend the University of Arkansas and attend a game? I stand corrected, it was over 8000 students at the games, so not quite 10,000. They've sold over 12,000 student access passes the past few years, so it's trending up.

They've sold 12,000 student access passes to each game or what are you referring to?  I'm referring to how many students are per each home game.  And we all know how many those numbers are mid 3rd quarter of any game because you can literally count them because there's their that few in number.

SooieGeneris

• Senior
  • You don't ever want to be chasin' speed..
« Reply #193 on: May 04, 2018, 11:07:32 pm »

I am a multi-generational native of this state. Every ancestor of mine since before the Civil War has been born in this state.

I have been in just under half of the 48 states and hope to hit them all before I exit this life.

This is the ONLY state I know of in which playing all of the home games ON CAMPUS, regardless of whether said campus is centrally located or not, would even be an issue..

In no other state would the football program of the main University be called by the direction of it's geographical location within that state due to playing all home games on campus. IMO, much of this is about the economic and social rivalries between LR and NWA and the $$$ generated by home games.

The state government is not called the state of Little Rock. How many legislative sessions have been held in any other part of the state? Does the Governor live in NWA 15-20% of the time?

Tuscaloosa is located in the north western part of Alabama, OM is in the extreme northern part of MS, UGA is in northern GA, LSU is in extreme southern LA, yet I have never heard any of the fans of these programs refer to them as NW Alabama, Northern MS, North GA or South LA because they don't play a "home" game in the central parts of those states.

As anyone over 40 should know, 'Bama and OM formerly played games in Birmingham and Jackson, but stopped when it became less than feasible to do so. IF LR had a modern stadium with a similar seating capacity and suites, fine, but that is not close to being the case.

Before 1999, the argument was always HWY 71 makes it too hard to get to Fayetteville games. Then it was the stadium on campus was smaller... That was over a generation ago.

Years ago, horse and buggies used to be the main mode of transportation. It was "tradition." Other than Amish, who still uses that mode of transportation? Travelling by car is not considered a "tradition" it's just what most of us do to get where we're going..

Dmacattack

« Reply #194 on: May 04, 2018, 11:31:06 pm »

I am a multi-generational native of this state. Every ancestor of mine since before the Civil War has been born in this state.

I have been in just under half of the 48 states and hope to hit them all before I exit this life.

This is the ONLY state I know of in which playing all of the home games ON CAMPUS, regardless of whether said campus is centrally located or not, would even be an issue..

In no other state would the football program of the main University be called by the direction of it's geographical location within that state due to playing all home games on campus. IMO, much of this is about the economic and social rivalries between LR and NWA and the $$$ generated by home games.

The state government is not called the state of Little Rock. How many legislative sessions have been held in any other part of the state? Does the Governor live in NWA 15-20% of the time?

Tuscaloosa is located in the north western part of Alabama, OM is in the extreme northern part of MS, UGA is in northern GA, LSU is in extreme southern LA, yet I have never heard any of the fans of these programs refer to them as NW Alabama, Northern MS, North GA or South LA because they don't play a "home" game in the central parts of those states.

As anyone over 40 should know, 'Bama and OM formerly played games in Birmingham and Jackson, but stopped when it became less than feasible to do so. IF LR had a modern stadium with a similar seating capacity and suites, fine, but that is not close to being the case.

Before 1999, the argument was always HWY 71 makes it too hard to get to Fayetteville games. Then it was the stadium on campus was smaller... That was over a generation ago.

Years ago, horse and buggies used to be the main mode of transportation. It was "tradition." Other than Amish, who still uses that mode of transportation? Travelling by car is not considered a "tradition" it's just what most of us do to get where we're going..

Mic dropped

Ben

• Senior
« Reply #195 on: May 04, 2018, 11:33:09 pm »

Get the hogs out of Little Rock and let UALR start football. Problem solved.

Tony Perkis

• This is the 18th level of the PerkiSystem.
« Reply #196 on: May 04, 2018, 11:54:47 pm »

Not going to read the thread, but he ain't wrong...and I grew up in LR.

hobhog

« Reply #197 on: May 05, 2018, 12:15:26 am »

Agree on that last sentence but only to a point. I’ve been going to games for years no matter how good or bad the team was. However that game day “experience” can be influenced by how comfortable one is to some folks. My wife refuses to go to WMS games anymore not because of the teams play but because of the no leg room, tighter seats, etc. heck there’s even been a few times I didn’t take anyone with me to use her ticket so I could have more room. I do admit sometimes I couldn’t find anyone that wanted to go see a bad game.

Perception is everything. Does your wife realize RRS seating is same spacing?

She's bias. So are you.

hobhog

« Reply #198 on: May 05, 2018, 12:17:47 am »

These threads get dumber every year....

ricepig

« Reply #199 on: May 05, 2018, 07:43:28 am »

Perception is everything. Does your wife realize RRS seating is same spacing?

She's bias. So are you.

WMS has Club seating?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas