• 9,923,493 Posts
• 399,169 Topics
• 22,881 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Bijon Jackson tweet  (Read 9476 times)

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Guessing is easier than actually trying!
Re: Bijon Jackson tweet
« Reply #100 on: May 04, 2018, 07:58:06 am »

Not a chance.
In fact, I'm loving my voice activated remote from Comcast right now.

Ironic then you said you donít need bells and whistles................

LZH

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Tight but Loose
« Reply #101 on: May 04, 2018, 07:59:45 am »

You obviously are just arguing for arguing sake, or course there have been plenty of games with 10,000 students. As to your other ignorant reply, NWA purchases 35,081 or 50% of the seats for RRS, whereas Central Ark purchases only 45% of the seats for WMS.

I wouldn't have any idea how many students actually attend the games. But my daughter says there is a huge number of kids who come to the tailgate parties in their full Hog attire but then never even walk into the stadium, they stay outside and keep drinking. Maybe that's been going on forever, but she thinks it's crazy.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

mhsbc59

• All-American Hogvillian
  • "Cause thats how I Role"
« Reply #102 on: May 04, 2018, 08:00:18 am »

Need, Want, Like all very different terms and meanings

hoglady

« Reply #103 on: May 04, 2018, 08:04:20 am »

What do the bells and whistles do for you when you are watching a football game in person?
You have a seat and you watch the game.
Really what else is there?
Game day experience rests with how good the game is and winning or losing.

mhsbc59

« Reply #104 on: May 04, 2018, 08:04:33 am »

I wouldn't have any idea how many students actually attend the games. But my daughter says there is a huge number of kids who come to the tailgate parties in their full Hog attire but then never even walk into the stadium, they stay outside and keep drinking. Maybe that's been going on forever, but she thinks it's crazy.

There is something to this. in the 80's 90's the parking on the golf course was way different.  You would have lots of room between rows and it made for great tailgating.  Now there packed like sardines which could be why there is more fighting. And way more tailgaters than people in the stands.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #105 on: May 04, 2018, 08:05:10 am »

I have - in my early childhood - eaten meals cooked on an old wood-burning stove by my maternal grandmother in the tiny railroad ties industry fueled village of Tilton, AR (eastern AR).  According to my childhood remembrance, the scrumptious taste of that heavenly product FAR surpasses  that of any victuals cooked by electricity or gas.

I must admit, however; - - I've never tasted anything cooked in an old style wringer washer, so I"m unqualified to render judgment in regard to that particular culinary experience.

:-\

Iíve used an outhouse at my Grandmothers house where she grew up. They didnít have running water or a toilet inside except a pump from a well to the kitchen sink. Took many a bath in the washtub in the kitchen floor as a kid. Progress sometimes means getting bells and whistles. As a matter of fact one thing my Grandmother used to say quite a bit was something like this ď you can have those good old days, they werenít so good for me. Iíll take my AC, running water, refrigerator and clothes washer over those good all days every dayĒ. In a word she liked progress. Remembering and reminiscing about the past is fine. Living in it is not.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 08:24:34 am by Inhogswetrust »

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #106 on: May 04, 2018, 08:12:05 am »

What do the bells and whistles do for you when you are watching a football game in person?
You have a seat and you watch the game.
Really what else is there?
Game day experience rests with how good the game is and winning or losing.

Agree on that last sentence but only to a point. Iíve been going to games for years no matter how good or bad the team was. However that game day ďexperienceĒ can be influenced by how comfortable one is to some folks. My wife refuses to go to WMS games anymore not because of the teams play but because of the no leg room, tighter seats, etc. heck thereís even been a few times I didnít take anyone with me to use her ticket so I could have more room. I do admit sometimes I couldnít find anyone that wanted to go see a bad game.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #107 on: May 04, 2018, 08:20:11 am »

Need, Want, Like all very different terms and meanings

Actually she said the ďbells and whistles donít mean muchĒ. However to some people they do. Heck some younger folks wouldnít know how to survive without some modern bells and whistles. Also those bells and whistles can help attract and keep those people and fans. Big screen TVís with all the games on TV in effect is a bell and whistle. To keep some people doing to games then teams must try to counteract that bell and whistle with some improvements to the facility. Remember WMS was at one time a huge improvement for what they used before...............

TrueBlue

• "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up."
« Reply #108 on: May 04, 2018, 08:22:11 am »

Absolutely. Because Texas Tech (from a power 5 league) is on the same level as ULM and Toledo.

smh

When did Citadel become Power 5? SMDH

You can make a stupid argument either way when you are a hater.

Bottom line is, we need to train our players into becoming winners, not whiners. We should be prepared and tough enough to take on anybody, anywhere. Just bring a football and win baby. 

Little Rock, the "refs" screwing us, other programs "cheating" and paying players, enough with the freaking excuses. Field a better product.

redleg

• Senior
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #109 on: May 04, 2018, 08:26:05 am »

If a couple of things happen just right, it is not out of the realm of possibilities that the Razorbacks could lose a significant portion of their fan base, and Arkansas would be just as divided as every other SEC school/state.
1. If the Hogs cease playing in Little Rock. War Memorial Stadium helped put Razorback football on the map, and many in central Arkansas feel that some arrogant, p!ss-poor attitudes from fans in NW Arkansas are pushing for the Hogs to leave WMS for good. The Central Arkansas fans will feel abandoned if that happens.
2. If UALR, now called Little Rock U as they move further away from the UofA System, develops a football program. That would be a game changer, because the Trojans would surely play their home games in WMS, and their rivalry with Arkansas State (and the UA's refusal to play A-State) would fuel a huge revenue stream that might sweep over Little Rock and Jonesboro. Not to mention, LRU would probably play UAPB and UCA on a regular basis, at least at first.
3. If the central Arkansas and southern Arkansas boosters (Stephens, Riceland, etc) pull their financial support of the Hogs, and especially if they throw that support behind a Little Rock Trojans team. Money makes the college football world go around. Losing booster money from central and southern Arkansas would be a major hit for the UA.

IF - big word - these things happen, and I'm sure a few other things, the state would end up divided. The Hogs would be supported by the Ozarks Region of the state, the Red Wolves already have lots of support in NE Arkansas - and that would grow if things fell just right against Fayetteville, and the Trojans would have the support of central and southern Arkansas, especially the delta region.

Now all of this is pure speculation on my part. But watch what happens if the Hogs stop playing in Little Rock, and the Trojans start a football program. It would certainly be interesting!  :o

justmakeit2thebcs

« Reply #110 on: May 04, 2018, 08:27:02 am »

I do not know a single player from the 80's that didn't love Little Rock.  I know a lot of them, and have interviewed more of them.  I'm not saying the day hasn't passed, but it was the place to play up until the last decade or so.
What they say casually and what they say in interviews must have been two different things.  Hate is a strong word, let's just say they would have much rather played all the games in Fayetteville.

LZH

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Tight but Loose
« Reply #111 on: May 04, 2018, 08:28:59 am »

There is something to this. in the 80's 90's the parking on the golf course was way different.  You would have lots of room between rows and it made for great tailgating.  Now there packed like sardines which could be why there is more fighting. And way more tailgaters than people in the stands.

She's a true diehard Razorback. And it literally ticks her off when her sorority sisters show up with Hog stickers on their cheeks and some of the guys are wearing face paint and God knows what else. But when someone says"ok folks, let's go get em", half of them are like "nah, we're just gonna hang out here."

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #112 on: May 04, 2018, 08:30:48 am »

If a couple of things happen just right, it is not out of the realm of possibilities that the Razorbacks could lose a significant portion of their fan base, and Arkansas would be just as divided as every other SEC school/state.
1. If the Hogs cease playing in Little Rock. War Memorial Stadium helped put Razorback football on the map, and many in central Arkansas feel that some arrogant, p!ss-poor attitudes from fans in NW Arkansas are pushing for the Hogs to leave WMS for good. The Central Arkansas fans will feel abandoned if that happens.
2. If UALR, now called Little Rock U as they move further away from the UofA System, develops a football program. That would be a game changer, because the Trojans would surely play their home games in WMS, and their rivalry with Arkansas State (and the UA's refusal to play A-State) would fuel a huge revenue stream that might sweep over Little Rock and Jonesboro. Not to mention, LRU would probably play UAPB and UCA on a regular basis, at least at first.
3. If the central Arkansas and southern Arkansas boosters (Stephens, Riceland, etc) pull their financial support of the Hogs, and especially if they throw that support behind a Little Rock Trojans team. Money makes the college football world go around. Losing booster money from central and southern Arkansas would be a major hit for the UA.

IF - big word - these things happen, and I'm sure a few other things, the state would end up divided. The Hogs would be supported by the Ozarks Region of the state, the Red Wolves already have lots of support in NE Arkansas - and that would grow if things fell just right against Fayetteville, and the Trojans would have the support of central and southern Arkansas, especially the delta region.

Now all of this is pure speculation on my part. But watch what happens if the Hogs stop playing in Little Rock, and the Trojans start a football program. It would certainly be interesting!  :o

Iím from Central Arkansas and live out of state but my whole immediate family and cousins, etc. live in either central Arkansas or South Arkansas. All of them and all of their kids and all of their grandkids are Hog fans. Only my most immediate family and a couple of cousins actually attend games. The ones in south Arkansas realize that cutting games in LR will impact their ability to go to as many games. They understand that but yet know why and are willing to give those up for the betterment of the program. This debate shouldnít be about what a few fans from NWA or central Arkansas want for themselves or to argue about. It should be about what is best for the program today and in the future and not what was best for it in the past.

Fan1958

• Hogvillian
  • The Little Red Hen was obviously a conservative.
« Reply #113 on: May 04, 2018, 08:32:41 am »

Who cares what this guy thinks? He is a has been or never was. All hype and no production. (Let's see how the "Like" count looks on this one).

mhsbc59

« Reply #114 on: May 04, 2018, 08:45:36 am »

She's a true diehard Razorback. And it literally ticks her off when her sorority sisters show up with Hog stickers on their cheeks and some of the guys are wearing face paint and God knows what else. But when someone says"ok folks, let's go get em", half of them are like "nah, we're just gonna hang out here."

i cant stand parking on the golf course now because its just to crowded it was better when it was more spaced out.  but at 20 dollar a pop and doubling the parking there that doubles the $.  satalite TV made it to where u didn't need to go in the stadium if you just wanted to party.

mhsbc59

« Reply #115 on: May 04, 2018, 08:49:52 am »

Who cares what this guy thinks? He is a has been or never was. All hype and no production. (Let's see how the "Like" count looks on this one).

deep cuts there boy

ricepig

« Reply #116 on: May 04, 2018, 08:50:53 am »

It's been going on forever. They search the students pretty well, whereas back in the day........

(notOM)Rebel123

« Reply #117 on: May 04, 2018, 08:56:10 am »

So, who is going to pay to renovate War Memorial?

LZH

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Tight but Loose
« Reply #118 on: May 04, 2018, 08:57:41 am »

i cant stand parking on the golf course now because its just to crowded it was better when it was more spaced out.  but at 20 dollar a pop and doubling the parking there that doubles the $.  satalite TV made it to where u didn't need to go in the stadium if you just wanted to party.

Oh I see, you're referring to LR games. Yeah I've only parked on the golf course a couple of times. When I was a kid my dad would load everyone up in the motor home and we parked wherever the RV's parked (I don't really remember where that was). Around the early 90's or so we always parked in Lot 4, up near the zoo.

But yeah the times we did park on the golf course there was plenty of room to toss a football around, BBQ, etc. I've heard lately that it's quite a mess these days.

LZH

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Tight but Loose
« Reply #119 on: May 04, 2018, 09:00:08 am »

It's been going on forever. They search the students pretty well, whereas back in the day........

Makes sense....

Letsroll1200

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
« Reply #120 on: May 04, 2018, 09:08:10 am »

Thank God that the Bret Bielema era of Arkansas football is over. I would take John L. Smith over Bret Bielema any day.

SemperHawg

« Reply #121 on: May 04, 2018, 09:10:18 am »

I have actually come the other way on this. I think it makes sense to put the Mizzou game in LR every other year as our final home game. 

Geographically Fayetteville is much closer to the Missouri state line, so why not make any would be Mizzou fans travel 3 hours further than normal.

The game is on the Friday after Thanksgiving so student turnout on campus is usually abysmal.  Putting this game in a smaller stadium negates that, and you might get a better student turnout seeing as most of them are at home in south or central Arkansas that weekend anyways.

Also being on the Friday after Thanksgiving I've got to think that isn't as big of a home recruiting weekend because of the holiday.

I would still want War Memorial to make some serious improvements in parking, security and stadium experience but I don't see what this couldn't be the best possible solution for both sides.

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Roastin da bomb in Fayettenam.
« Reply #122 on: May 04, 2018, 09:13:42 am »

I'm indifferent but Bielema hated playing in Little Rock. I'm sure that rubbed off on the players some.
LOL!!! Are you trying to say our players are sheep who parrot FatBert? C'mon, man. That's ridiculous. They are plenty capable of deciding for themselves if they like playing AT HOME or 4 hours away. And Fatty is gone, so.... What a load of crap.

mhsbc59

« Reply #123 on: May 04, 2018, 09:29:19 am »

Oh I see, you're referring to LR games. Yeah I've only parked on the golf course a couple of times. When I was a kid my dad would load everyone up in the motor home and we parked wherever the RV's parked (I don't really remember where that was). Around the early 90's or so we always parked in Lot 4, up near the zoo.

But yeah the times we did park on the golf course there was plenty of room to toss a football around, BBQ, etc. I've heard lately that it's quite a mess these days.

yep i now park on the other side of the interstate to avoid the golf course

Piglet

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #124 on: May 04, 2018, 09:37:38 am »

In the 60's and into the 70's, War Memorial was the larger and nicer of the two stadiums.  There was no financial loss to the program, plus I don't think there were rules against bringing in recruits to the games back them.  The Fayetteville area was relatively small in population and couldn't fill the stadium if everyone went to the game.  It was an advantage for the program to play 3-4 games in Little Rock.  I know I liked War Memorial a lot better than the Fayetteville stadium which I thought was kinda dumpy.

But times have changed and we have to accept that it will never be the same.  The Fayetteville stadium grew and changed with the times.  War Memorial did not and became the dumpy one.  As much as I hate this happened, I'm ready to move on.

parallaxpig

• Senior
  • Man that ball got outta here in a hurry.
« Reply #125 on: May 04, 2018, 09:38:51 am »

Central/South Arkansas has already been voting no to games in WMS for last 3-4 years. They donít buy tickets. 

And LR will support UALR football just like they support UALR basketball. They donít ....

masbas3

• Varsity
« Reply #126 on: May 04, 2018, 09:45:00 am »

You obviously are just arguing for arguing sake, or course there have been plenty of games with 10,000 students. As to your other ignorant reply, NWA purchases 35,081 or 50% of the seats for RRS, whereas Central Ark purchases only 45% of the seats for WMS.

I know damn well there has never been 10,000 students "inside" RRS for a "Football game ".  Now, if there was a concert held there, well sure thing!  But not a chance has there ever been 10,000 for and actual game, if you believe that then I have a nice golden gate bridge I'll sell you that's located in Fayetteville for $20.00.  Like another poster stated, the students by the thousands are around partying and drinking on game day, I don't mind that, it's just that they don't enter the Stadium.  The ones that do most of them leave between the 3rd and beginning of the 4th quarter regardless of the outcome, leaving only a token crew there to support the players at the end of the game.  I go to every game, and was apart of that student body at one time and I attended every game while on the hill.  I know what I'm talking about.  Read my lips again, if you think 10,000 students go to the games, then you also think there's a man in the moon.

ricepig

« Reply #127 on: May 04, 2018, 09:46:59 am »

I have actually come the other way on this. I think it makes sense to put the Mizzou game in LR every other year as our final home game. 

Geographically Fayetteville is much closer to the Missouri state line, so why not make any would be Mizzou fans travel 3 hours further than normal.

The game is on the Friday after Thanksgiving so student turnout on campus is usually abysmal.  Putting this game in a smaller stadium negates that, and you might get a better student turnout seeing as most of them are at home in south or central Arkansas that weekend anyways.

Also being on the Friday after Thanksgiving I've got to think that isn't as big of a home recruiting weekend because of the holiday.

I would still want War Memorial to make some serious improvements in parking, security and stadium experience but I don't see what this couldn't be the best possible solution for both sides.

My only problem with this is that it would currently leave only 2 "home" SEC games in those years. Move the aTm game back in campus and I can accept it.

BearsBisonsBoars

• Senior
  • Arguing with computers for a living
« Reply #128 on: May 04, 2018, 09:48:49 am »

If it hurts recruiting Little Rock will you whiny Fayetteville fans still go for it?

I'm a Central AR guy all my life, and I say that if WMS hurts Texas, Tulsa, Memphis, NLA, and etc recruiting, then  shut it down. LR doesn't produce the talent it should and is a small price to pay.

Atlhogfan1

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #129 on: May 04, 2018, 09:49:09 am »

I'm indifferent but Bielema hated playing in Little Rock. I'm sure that rubbed off on the players some.

Iím surprised this took to post 10 for Bielema to be blamed. 

masbas3

• Varsity
« Reply #130 on: May 04, 2018, 09:57:44 am »

In the 60's and into the 70's, War Memorial was the larger and nicer of the two stadiums.  There was no financial loss to the program, plus I don't think there were rules against bringing in recruits to the games back them.  The Fayetteville area was relatively small in population and couldn't fill the stadium if everyone went to the game.  It was an advantage for the program to play 3-4 games in Little Rock.  I know I liked War Memorial a lot better than the Fayetteville stadium which I thought was kinda dumpy.

But times have changed and we have to accept that it will never be the same.  The Fayetteville stadium grew and changed with the times.  War Memorial did not and became the dumpy one.  As much as I hate this happened, I'm ready to move on.

Times have indeed changed and I agree with you on that it's time to move all games to on Campus, including the one currently being played at AT&T Stadium.   We need to go to a home and home series with A&M to have another home game as well as to have a true home field advantage every other year.  Playing at Dallas is not as big of a recruiting tool as people make it out to be.

As far as your comment on NWA now having the population to support the Hogs, that's true.  However, most of the people that's moved to NWA have came there from all over, they already are huge supporters of their own teams and they don't have allegiance to the Razorbacks and certainly don't go to the games.  Without support from any other part of the State, we'd be fortunate to have 27,000 in the stands at any game in RRS.  The Razorbacks have been Arkansas team for a hundred years, let's not make them NWA team.

ChopSooie

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #131 on: May 04, 2018, 10:04:25 am »

Your post might be more relevant, if the Hogs didn't play the majority of their games on TV. Most Non-Die Hard Razorback fans, will be just as happy to watch the games from their couch. The "going to games" problems is happening in all sports for 95% of teams. When the team doesn't win as often, the fans stay home and cheer for their team. The cost of attendance has seen to that.

masbas3

• Varsity
« Reply #132 on: May 04, 2018, 10:13:55 am »

Your post might be more relevant, if the Hogs didn't play the majority of their games on TV. Most Non-Die Hard Razorback fans, will be just as happy to watch the games from their couch. The "going to games" problems is happening in all sports for 95% of teams. When the team doesn't win as often, the fans stay home and cheer for their team. The cost of attendance has seen to that.

Lol, this would in fact take at least 50-70 years to happen, now I'm not going to say it's not out of the realm of possibility, but in that amount of time and the constant damnation of what they're doing to football in every thing from youth to the pros, the pussification will by then most likely make football irrelevant.

RyanMallettsEgo

• Take it easy, I'm pre-law.
« Reply #133 on: May 04, 2018, 10:18:41 am »

I agree. Houston and Bobby went like 32-4 combined or something crazy like that, while still playing LSU and other SEC teams there.

Bret bitched about it instead of owning it. And Bret sucked at most things. So I agree it rubbed off because of his ** attitude.

A pretty damn good former Razorback who I talked to at a watch party here in DC once told me there might be some good reasons not to play in Little Rock, but to gripe about it being an "away game" is flat-out stupid.

woo.pig

« Reply #134 on: May 04, 2018, 10:52:02 am »

I used to go to the LR game and 1 Fay game per year from south Ark. Now I havenít been to a football game in years. Donít miss it. Enjoy it in my chair in my warm house.

We now go to a baseball weekend every year, beautiful weather, no traffic, 3 games, and good teams.

I also switched my financial support to baseball from football years ago.

Call it apathy, or not being a good fan. I donít know...

WilsonHog

• Administrator
« Reply #135 on: May 04, 2018, 11:19:30 am »

I actually do miss Ray Winder Field - I love Dickey-Stephens but I still miss Ray Winder.

But I'm different than most on here - I like Barton better than Verizon - for basketball and especially when the hockey games were here. Much preferred the Glacier Cats at Barton over the Riverblades at Alltel.

Give me a seat, a Coke and running water in the bathroom and I'm good.
The bells and whistles don't mean much.

My wife and I went to the Florida A&M game last season. Spent about $25 for my ticket and sat in one of the end zone sections. Was that okay? Sure. Had a nice time. Reminisced a bit. Think we were both in town for business, but if not the drive over and back would have been easy. No hotel stay. Seems like we just ate concessions at the game.

Would we have preferred to watch the game while sitting in premium theater-style chairback seats in a climate-controlled environment, with short to no lines for the bathroom and the ability to buy an adult beverage if we so chose? No question...even at an additional cost of $500 or so in terms of ticket price, RF contribution, hotel, food and gas, plus a full day or two of travel.

When I was growing up, there was at most one or two Razorback football games on television each season. Now, most every game we play is on television. Given that reality, if schools are going to draw people to their campus for games, it had better be about more than who wins or loses. That is a variable that can be controlled only to a certain extent. 
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 11:29:58 am by Arkansas Traveler »

mhsbc59

« Reply #136 on: May 04, 2018, 11:48:04 am »

My wife and I went to the Florida A&M game last season. Spent about $25 for my ticket and sat in one of the end zone sections. Was that okay? Sure. Had a nice time. Reminisced a bit. Think we were both in town for business, but if not the drive over and back would have been easy. No hotel stay. Seems like we just ate concessions at the game.

Would we have preferred to watch the game while sitting in premium theater-style chairback seats in a climate-controlled environment, with short to no lines for the bathroom and the ability to buy an adult beverage if we so chose? No question...even at an additional cost of $500 or so in terms of ticket price, RF contribution, hotel, food and gas, plus a full day or two of travel.

When I was growing up, there was at most one or two Razorback football games on television each season. Now, most every game we play is on television. Given that reality, if schools are going to draw people to their campus for games, it had better be about more than who wins or loses. That is a variable that can be controlled only to a certain extent. 

the bourgeoisie pricing out the working man from games

WilsonHog

• Administrator
« Reply #137 on: May 04, 2018, 11:54:26 am »

the bourgeoisie pricing out the working man from games

That is a function of the present-day economics of college football. There may come a time, perhaps when I retire in about 10 years, that I am priced out, too. It happened to extended family members of mine who had season tickets for upwards of 40 years. It is what it is.

mhsbc59

« Reply #138 on: May 04, 2018, 11:58:34 am »

That is a function of the present-day economics of college football. There may come a time, perhaps when I retire in about 10 years, that I am priced out, too. It happened to extended family members of mine who had season tickets for upwards of 40 years. It is what it is.

but it doesn't have to be and i would say prices will be coming down sooner than they will be goin up.  Always adjusted for inflation of course which is about to be insane BTW

masbas3

• Varsity
« Reply #139 on: May 04, 2018, 12:08:42 pm »

but it doesn't have to be and i would say prices will be coming down sooner than they will be goin up.  Always adjusted for inflation of course which is about to be insane BTW

I doubt that prices will be coming down, I honestly don't see how they will be able to.   With all of College Coaches insane salaries being what they are and they are continuing to go up, I just don't see ticket prices going down.

WilsonHog

• Administrator
« Reply #140 on: May 04, 2018, 12:13:48 pm »

Head football coaches in the SEC make an average of $4.56 million per year. That number is only going to keep increasing.

mhsbc59

« Reply #141 on: May 04, 2018, 12:18:08 pm »

Head football coaches in the SEC make an average of $4.56 million per year. That number is only going to keep increasing.

It cant. TV is all but dried up Look at ESPN downsizing,  Attendance is down nation wide EVERYONE the nation included is about to be bankrupt i give it a decade

We are at the apex of what the sport can be.  The sport and everything about it is going to have to change or it will die.

WilsonHog

• Administrator
« Reply #142 on: May 04, 2018, 12:35:16 pm »

It cant. TV is all but dried up Look at ESPN downsizing,  Attendance is down nation wide EVERYONE the nation included is about to be bankrupt i give it a decade

We are at the apex of what the sport can be.  The sport and everything about it is going to have to change or it will die.

Sure it can. If you need $1,000, it doesnít matter if you get 200 people to give you $5 or 10 people to give you $100.

mhsbc59

« Reply #143 on: May 04, 2018, 12:38:20 pm »

Sure it can. If you need $1,000, it doesnít matter if you get 200 people to give you $5 or 10 people to give you $100.

yes but soon its going to be more the 200 than the ten which means a lower ticket price

3Bombs

• Band Nerd
« Reply #144 on: May 04, 2018, 12:41:24 pm »

Move all games to Fayetteville. Play Arkansas State in WMS every year. It's time for both.

WilsonHog

• Administrator
« Reply #145 on: May 04, 2018, 12:44:24 pm »

yes but soon its going to be more the 200 than the ten which means a lower ticket price

What was the last year in which season ticket prices decreased?

mhsbc59

« Reply #146 on: May 04, 2018, 12:48:00 pm »

What was the last year in which season ticket prices decreased?

donations to buy season tickets went down that's a start.  also the actually ticket price may not go down but because of inflation the value would be different

you being in your luxury box so long might not have realized whats been going on in the real world.

go hogues

• You're at an eight but we need you at a two.
« Reply #147 on: May 04, 2018, 12:48:12 pm »

Totally agree.

Sports are facing a huge conundrum, imo.

On the one hand, you have these ultra competitive fans who use their team as an escape from reality. It seems more than ever, I notice people using their favorite team as their sole identity.

Yet, attendance is dwindling at every level AND the networks who broadcast the games are struggling. Just looking at NCAAF for a moment, I suppose networks like the SEC and BIG10 could survive broadcasting their own games through a subscription service, but I think it would be hard to impossible for most other power 5 leagues to play that game, much less group of 5.

Because humans are competitive, we'll always have the games but you are absolutely right, there are going to have to be some major changes to the business model and delivery methods.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

• Melyssa Forde. Simply One of the Greatest.
« Reply #148 on: May 04, 2018, 12:51:21 pm »

Thank God that the Bret Bielema era of Arkansas football is over. I would take John L. Smith over Bret Bielema any day.

Speak for yourself.

BB was handed the keys to a car that needed repairs that he failed to fix.
JLS was a loon that damaged the race car that was then handed to BB.

WilsonHog

• Administrator
« Reply #149 on: May 04, 2018, 12:55:36 pm »

donations to buy season tickets went down that's a start.  also the actually ticket price may not go down but because of inflation the value would be different

you being in your luxury box so long might not have realized whats been going on in the real world.

I'm not in a luxury box. My season tickets are indoor in the south end zone, and have been for maybe four years out of the 33 years that I have been a season-ticket holder. However, if I could afford season tickets in the new luxury boxes, I certainly would buy them.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas