• 394,774 Topics
• 22,263 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LSU fans  (Read 2591 times)

RebelW

• Senior
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
LSU fans
« on: April 20, 2018, 03:39:48 pm »

Me and my wife are in Florida for out last vacation before our son is born in July. Started drinking beer with the people in the condo beside us and the subject of football came up. They said they thought Bielema was the same as Miles. Big ten ball can't be successful here. They raved about how great a place it was in NW Arkansas.,

The reason I made this post is they went on and on about Houston Nutt. They truly hate the man because they said he picked LSU apart. Kindle made me proud. Not a Nutt fan but we might have had a better coach than we thought we did. They also said Chad Morris reminds them of Nutt in an energy aspect. Proud to say I'm a Hog!!

Pudgepork

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Horse Racings most unlikely champ
Re: LSU fans
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2018, 06:05:24 pm »

Nutt had success against lsu unless their qb was named Herb Tyler.  Hate to say that I was happy Tyler was hurt his Sr yr

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

HangTenHog

• Senior
  • One of the greatest razorbacks EVER!
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2018, 09:38:40 pm »

I would give ANYTHING for Nutt to coach LSU. 😜

Hollywood_HOGan45

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Hollywood could coach better than nutt.
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2018, 09:52:32 pm »

Nutt beat LSU in 98, 00, 02, 07. Not that impressive considering LSU wasnít great until 03.

nchogg

• Senior
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2018, 09:33:59 am »

I spoke with an FSU fan yesterday and he was ready for their coach change and he also talked about how tough the SEC West is and he likes Coach Morris and feels he will have a lot of success here. He is just a College Football fan and we had a nice visit.

Anybody

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2018, 10:21:19 am »

Houston Nutt had Darren McFadden, Felix Jones, Peyton Hillis and company on the field against the Tigers. Enough said.

Like Clint Stoerner used to say when Coach Nutt would send in a play, "We are not running that play down here".  And he would improvise and call his own play and usually score a touchdown.  The problem was, he said he usually caught hell when he returned to the sidelines, but........ you can't argue with success.  He made the coach look good, and most Razorback fans never knew what actually had occurred. 

GO HOGS !

Dwight_K_Shrute

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Follow @fakewallyhall.
    • Missing your favorite thread?  It's probably in Vents and Rumors
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2018, 10:33:44 am »

Houston Nutt had Darren McFadden, Felix Jones, Peyton Hillis and company on the field against the Tigers. Enough said.

Like Clint Stoerner used to say when Coach Nutt would send in a play, "We are not running that play down here".  And he would improvise and call his own play and usually score a touchdown.  The problem was, he said he usually caught hell when he returned to the sidelines, but........ you can't argue with success.  He made the coach look good, and most Razorback fans never knew what actually had occurred. 

GO HOGS !

Said it before and I'll say it again.  HDN's success at Arkansas was basically a 3 trick pony.  Clint, Matt Jones, and DMac. 

From Tusk Till Dawn

• Senior
  • Facts are stubborn things...
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2018, 11:01:16 am »

I just got back from vacation in Belize.  A guy opened the door for my wife and then explained he couldnt for me (I was wearing a hogs ball cap) because he was an Ole Miss grad.  We had a laugh, I typically find most sec fans to be pretty decent folks outside of gameday.  When you are at their stadium, not so much.

razorpimp

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2018, 12:49:37 pm »

I love how everyone likes other sec schools and fans saying how nice they are, etc...Iíve lived in several places in SEC country....Georgia, Miss, Alabama, now Louisiana....they are nice to Hog fans because every SEC fan marks us down as a win at the beginning of the season haha

rhames

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2018, 01:11:33 pm »

I think most fans from other schools are nice when you meet them. Probably a very small minute percentage in every fanbase that could be rude to other fans they do not know

People usually only talk trash to people they know and are comfortable with.

nchogg

• Senior
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2018, 04:29:41 pm »

In Florida we have LSU, Miss State, Ole Miss, Gators, Georgia, Auby (can't say the name), a bunch of Bama and Arkansas and are they plentiful. Yes we do laugh when we talk.

Mike_e

• All-American Hogvillian
  • May the woo be with you
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2018, 05:42:26 pm »

This is because the real losers never travel more than 5 miles from their nearest booz outlet.

If you travel inland wearing your Hog gear they're still OK.  But they look at you kind of funny, like you were an ax murderer or something.

Oh well, I guess the rep isn't so bad after all.  ;)

ambien_sky

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2018, 11:40:18 pm »

Me and my wife are in Florida for out last vacation before our son is born in July. Started drinking beer with the people in the condo beside us and the subject of football came up. They said they thought Bielema was the same as Miles. Big ten ball can't be successful here. They raved about how great a place it was in NW Arkansas.,

The reason I made this post is they went on and on about Houston Nutt. They truly hate the man because they said he picked LSU apart. Kindle made me proud. Not a Nutt fan but we might have had a better coach than we thought we did. They also said Chad Morris reminds them of Nutt in an energy aspect. Proud to say I'm a Hog!!

If my memory serves me correctly,   didn't Bielema beat LSU quite a lot?   In the beginning,  Bielema was building the razorbacks up the best I had seen us.  We had a championship caliber staff,  excellent offensive and defensive recruits coming in. We had the best offensive line I had seen at Arkansas.  Brandon Allen went from being subpar,  to the SEC's top quarterback.  I honestly don't know what happened.  But, anyway,  he beat LSU too.

As far as Les Miles goes,  I have no clue what they are talking about. He was a VERY successful coach at LSU.

Sed76

• Hogvillian
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2018, 12:24:29 am »

Bielema was 2-3 against LSU if I remember correctly. Should have beaten them his first season but in what would become what he will be remembered for choked it away at the end.

DeltaBoy

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I'm Un-Reconstructed. Sic semper tyrannis
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2018, 11:52:16 am »

Except for some TAMU fans all the rest of college football fans I have meet have been respectful and nice.

HogPharmer

« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2018, 11:53:20 am »

Except for some TAMU fans all the rest of college football fans I have meet have been respectful and nice.

Even the yankee carpetbaggers in the Big 10?

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Guessing is easier than actually trying!
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2018, 12:01:23 pm »

Heís probably never been anywhere he though they might be at. Didnít want to be seen in their company...............

DeltaBoy

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I'm Un-Reconstructed. Sic semper tyrannis
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2018, 03:15:17 pm »

Never been North of the Mason  Dixon Line.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas