• 9,927,921 Posts
• 399,299 Topics
• 22,891 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Vegas has over/under at 5.5 wins... Thoughts?  (Read 3323 times)

Hawgphat

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
Re: Vegas has over/under at 5.5 wins... Thoughts?
« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2018, 02:13:03 pm »

You're*

You're quite correct.  I erred in my undue haste.  Thanks for pointing it out.  Nobody's perfect.

Hawgphat

« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2018, 02:15:31 pm »

Hmmm. What about his welcome?

*Goes on rant about grammar and writing, misspells "you're."*

It is likely a good thing that I'm not overly-sensitive, or I might surmise that you deem me to be unwelcome here.  I truly hope that such is not the case.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

RyanMallettsEgo

• Take it easy, I'm pre-law.
« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2018, 02:17:04 pm »

It is likely a good thing that I'm not overly-sensitive, or I might surmise that you deem me to be unwelcome here.  I truly hope that such is not the case.

I do'nt care where your welcome. Its an open message bored that's open to the public and there welcome to use it.

JimmyJohnsonsBoat

• Band Nerd
« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2018, 02:17:54 pm »

I do'nt care where your welcome. Its an open message bored that's open to the public and there welcome to use it.

Now he'll be able to understand you!!!!

Hawgphat

« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2018, 02:18:35 pm »

I own a welcome mat but not a single "welcome"

A "welcome mat" is subjected to an extended period of rough treatment by one and all who visits a home.  I would not "welcome" such treatment.  I cannot imagine anyone doing so.

wendellgee

« Reply #55 on: April 19, 2018, 02:23:00 pm »

Probably  right with the overall talent that was left behind for a new staff.

JimmyJohnsonsBoat

• Band Nerd
« Reply #56 on: April 19, 2018, 02:23:07 pm »

A "welcome mat" is subjected to an extended period of rough treatment by one and all who visits a home.  I would not "welcome" such treatment.  I cannot imagine anyone doing so.

Back to scarin us

hogcards

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • The Glimmer Twins
« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2018, 02:23:40 pm »

6 games would be super duper impressive.

steveaustin69

« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2018, 02:34:48 pm »

Hyphens are grammatical tools which are generally employed to separate peripheral aspects or considerations pertaining to a central theme, - - so as not to "bunch up" several points of interest into a single indistinguishable conglomerate.; - - - -much like those who tend to type (and speak) almost endless run-on sentences which lump every thought into one fell swoop without affording readers (or listeners) the opportunity to digest each segment of information separately into a more comprehensive, understandable whole.

Your welcome.

8)

The hyphen (‐) is a punctuation mark used to join words and to separate syllables of a single word. The use of hyphens is called hyphenation.

The dash (—) is a mark of punctuation used to set off a word or phrase after an independent clause or to set off a parenthetical remark (i.e., words, phrases, or clauses that interrupt a sentence). This mark of punctuation is technically known as an em dash or em rule.

You're incorrectly using dashes, rain man.

Busta_Nutt

« Reply #59 on: April 19, 2018, 03:26:18 pm »

Hyphens are grammatical tools which are generally employed to separate peripheral aspects or considerations pertaining to a central theme, - - so as not to "bunch up" several points of interest into a single indistinguishable conglomerate.; - - - -much like those who tend to type (and speak) almost endless run-on sentences which lump every thought into one fell swoop without affording readers (or listeners) the opportunity to digest each segment of information separately into a more comprehensive, understandable whole.

Your welcome.

8)

The hyphen (‐) is a punctuation mark used to join words and to separate syllables of a single word. The use of hyphens is called hyphenation.

The dash (—) is a mark of punctuation used to set off a word or phrase after an independent clause or to set off a parenthetical remark (i.e., words, phrases, or clauses that interrupt a sentence). This mark of punctuation is technically known as an em dash or em rule.

I think we're severely undermining the period-semicolon combination. Fantastic work. I've truly never seen that before.

Hawgphat

« Reply #60 on: April 19, 2018, 03:47:13 pm »

You appear to have a fixation on nitpicking mechanics, along with a predisposition to argue with a sign you have just put up yourself.  Knock yourself out if such floats your boat.

Perhaps rather like your chosen username's-sake, you wrestle with a number of issues.  I'll try to keep it a bit lighter here in these threads and decline to "go to the mat" with you over minutia.

:-*

steveaustin69

« Reply #61 on: April 19, 2018, 03:53:18 pm »

You appear to have a fixation on nitpicking mechanics, along with a predisposition to argue with a sign you have just put up yourself.  Knock yourself out if such floats your boat.

Perhaps rather like your chosen username's-sake, you wrestle with a number of issues.  I'll try to keep it a bit lighter here in these threads and decline to "go to the mat" with you over minutia.

:-*

Nitpicking mechanics? One is right, and one is wrong. This is not some arbitrary line. You went on a grammar rant about hyphens, and, in doing so, let the entire board know you, in fact, do not know the definition or use of a hyphen.

Might I add, as Busta pointed out above, you used a semicolon directly after a period. On what planet is that grammatically correct?

Keep using http://www.thesaurus.com/ and writing in the passive voice to attempt to appear intelligent, you incredible moron.

Hawgphat

« Reply #62 on: April 19, 2018, 04:10:32 pm »

Nitpicking mechanics? One is right, and one is wrong. This is not some arbitrary line. You went on a grammar rant about hyphens, and, in doing so, let the entire board know you, in fact, do not know the definition or use of a hyphen.

Might I add, as Busta pointed out above, you used a semicolon directly after a period. On what planet is that grammatically correct?

Keep using http://www.thesaurus.com/ and writing in the passive voice to attempt to appear intelligent, you incredible moron.

Yada, yada, yada.  Your colon is working overtime producing the same disgruntled sh**.  I'm not the one who's ranting here.

This thread is ostensibly about Vegas odds pertinent to the number of wins Arkansas will accrue this coming season.  If you wish to pursue a personal vendetta against me in retaliation for my unequivocal disagreement with your stated positions and contentions, that's fine.  If you have nothing better to do with your time, then - by all means - continue to disparage and discredit me if that affords you a sense of superiority and gratification.  I am unmoved by your tirades, and I'm moving on.

steveaustin69

« Reply #63 on: April 19, 2018, 04:17:33 pm »

Yada, yada, yada.

Should've ended it there. You had no response to the bottom line of the post, Mr. Grammar.

Hawgphat

« Reply #64 on: April 19, 2018, 04:24:37 pm »

Should've ended it there. You had no response to the bottom line of the post, Mr. Grammar.

So I'm an "incredible moron"? - - Do tell.  I feel under no obligation or compunction to respond to each and every asinine statement or contention leveled against me. 

I would suppose that everyone has the right to be wrong now and then; - - but some among us definitely abuse the privilege.

:P

kodiakisland

« Reply #65 on: April 19, 2018, 05:24:18 pm »

My expectation is 6 wins and a bowl game.  Anything more would be great and no bowl would be disappointing.
4 non cons, Vandy, plus one other along the way.

I just want to be competitive.  No such thing as a good loss, but I don't want to be embarrassed, even against Bama.

Hawgphat

« Reply #66 on: April 19, 2018, 05:31:42 pm »

My expectation is 6 wins and a bowl game.  Anything more would be great and no bowl would be disappointing.
4 non cons, Vandy, plus one other along the way.

I just want to be competitive.  No such thing as a good loss, but I don't want to be embarrassed, even against Bama.

This. - - - I concur 100%.  It mirrors my own thoughts and feelings.

I'm a "Razorbcker", - - win or lose.  But I surely would love to see more of the "wins".

DeltaBoy

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I'm Un-Reconstructed. Sic semper tyrannis
« Reply #67 on: April 23, 2018, 01:51:44 pm »

I am going to go with the over. We got 4 non SEC games that should all be Ws. Then I see us at least three SEC wins. Im going to go with 7 wins. Ill take that with a brand new coaching staff and an all new system!

Vegas been in the Game a long time and it generally not smart to go against them.

Hawgphat

« Reply #68 on: April 23, 2018, 02:11:20 pm »

Vegas been in the Game a long time and it generally not smart to go against them.

That is undeniably true on a comprehensive basis.  Vegas thrives on benefiting from the preponderance of eventual odds being decidedly in their favor.  However, keep in mind that OCCASIONALLY someone playing the progressive payout slot machines hits the big jackpot for millions of dollars at one fell swoop.  The odds are definitely NOT in the gamblers' favor, - - but SOME DO beat the odds and cash in against the Vegas trend.  Vegas is NOT infallible.

Tejano Jawg

• ALL calls are REVERSED.
« Reply #69 on: April 23, 2018, 03:03:20 pm »

I'm going with the "over", but I totally understand what Vegas is thinking.

NaturalStateReb

• Czar of Arkansas
  • Administrator
« Reply #70 on: April 24, 2018, 08:45:35 am »

I'm a slight over.  I see about 6 wins there.

DeltaBoy

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I'm Un-Reconstructed. Sic semper tyrannis
« Reply #71 on: April 24, 2018, 11:35:14 am »

I will go over 5 but with some breaks they could win 8. 

arlhog

• Varsity
« Reply #72 on: April 24, 2018, 08:08:33 pm »

Vegas is about getting even money on both sides of the bet.  That's all they care about..   And they are usually close. A game or two either way and it could be 4-8  to 7-5.  I'd say they're pretty much on it.

HoginMemphis

« Reply #73 on: April 24, 2018, 08:22:53 pm »

I am going to go with the over. We got 4 non SEC games that should all be Ws. Then I see us at least three SEC wins. Im going to go with 7 wins. Ill take that with a brand new coaching staff and an all new system!
I said here when Morris was hired that next season will be a good one if the Razorbacks get 5 wins. 6 is possible and 7 is highly unlikely and should not be expected, even in the fantasy of a fan. The Hogs will likely win all 4 non-conference games but would not be shocked if they lose one of them. So 3-1 or 4-0 non-conf play. As for SEC, the Razorbacks will do well to win 2, going 2-6 in SEC. If they win only 1, I will not be upset. Tough year next year. 5-7 will be a good year. 6-6 will be exceptional. 7-5 will be well beyond expectations...Bielema did that once in 5 seasons.

popcornhog

« Reply #74 on: April 25, 2018, 06:35:59 am »

The schedule is set up for an outside possibility of 9 if everything went just perfectly.

But 5.5 sounds about right. I’d imagine there will be some growing pains. Who knows? But I’ll guess 6 wins and take the over.

GuvHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Proud Hog Supporter!!!
« Reply #75 on: April 25, 2018, 07:28:04 am »

The schedule is set up for an outside possibility of 9 if everything went just perfectly.

But 5.5 sounds about right. I’d imagine there will be some growing pains. Who knows? But I’ll guess 6 wins and take the over.

With that schedule, the Hogs should win at least 6 games. It's a favorable schedule and comes at a good time.

HoginMemphis

« Reply #76 on: April 25, 2018, 08:09:22 am »

As evidenced by previous 2 commenters, irrational exuberance due to new head coach is real and happening...per usual with U of A football. 5 wins will likely be max possible. Expecting 6 or more wins shows your lack of knowledge.

Lao Tsuie

« Reply #77 on: April 25, 2018, 10:11:58 am »

7 wins bank.

HoginMemphis

« Reply #78 on: April 25, 2018, 12:40:47 pm »

widespreadsooie

« Reply #79 on: April 25, 2018, 12:47:02 pm »

Over

The Kig

• Hogville Heroes
« Reply #80 on: April 25, 2018, 02:17:33 pm »

Your welcome.

8)

Or you could just use paragraphs.

"You're" welcome.

Hawgphat

« Reply #81 on: April 25, 2018, 02:56:31 pm »

Or you could just use paragraphs.

"You're" welcome.

I believe that if you check some of my other posts you will see more than ample evidence of paragraph utilization.  Like many others here, I all-too-often make typos and commit grammatical errors in the throes of haste; but I'm an English major, and I DO know better.

GuvHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Proud Hog Supporter!!!
« Reply #82 on: April 25, 2018, 03:15:25 pm »

As evidenced by previous 2 commenters, irrational exuberance due to new head coach is real and happening...per usual with U of A football. 5 wins will likely be max possible. Expecting 6 or more wins shows your lack of knowledge.

My knowledge of Hog football is fine, thank you. I've even listed the games I believe the Hogs will win in some of my previous posts.

HoginMemphis

« Reply #83 on: April 25, 2018, 09:34:15 pm »

My knowledge of Hog football is fine, thank you. I've even listed the games I believe the Hogs will win in some of my previous posts.
even listed the win games! Nice. I'm sure that is the way it will go down.

CFB_Fanatic

• Senior
« Reply #84 on: April 25, 2018, 09:57:17 pm »

5.5?

Under

bigpigpimpin

« Reply #85 on: April 25, 2018, 09:57:54 pm »

Boys we have no developed an, slow receivers that don't catch, and a defensive line that looks like they should be starting at Bauxite high school, not in the SEC. Don't be surprised if we don't go up to Northern Colorado and get beat. 6-6 would be a great year. Let's be honest, we looked really, really bad in the spring game.

Hawgphat

« Reply #86 on: April 25, 2018, 10:34:34 pm »

Boys we have no developed an, slow receivers that don't catch, and a defensive line that looks like they should be starting at Bauxite high school, not in the SEC. Don't be surprised if we don't go up to Northern Colorado and get beat. 6-6 would be a great year. Let's be honest, we looked really, really bad in the spring game.

If that is truly your projected prognosis, then I truly regret your residual spirit of pessimism.  I'm not chiding you or taking you to task for it; that's not my intent here.  You're entitled to your personal view.  However, I most sincerely hope that you are proven wrong.  I'm persuaded to view the new Hogs football regime glass as being half-full rather than half-empty.  I believe that it is entirely possible that the Hogs might surprise some folk (including some of our OWN folk) this next season.

However, if you should ultimately be proven right in this regard, I'll gladly laud your prognostication skills.  I simply hope that you will remain a staunch Hogs fan even in the aftermath of your fully-vindicated forecast.

PonderinHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Go Hogs and Go Mike Anderson!
« Reply #87 on: April 25, 2018, 11:35:42 pm »

Is this Rick Schafer?
Without the stats...

Pork Twain

« Reply #88 on: April 25, 2018, 11:58:24 pm »

I see us with 7-9 wins, depending on some lucky breaks.

Eastern Illinois- W
Colorado St- W
N. Texas- W
Auburn- L
Texas A&M- W
Alabama- L
Ole Miss- W
Tulsa- W
Vandy- W
LSU- L
Miss St-W
Mizzou- W

CFB_Fanatic

• Senior
« Reply #89 on: April 26, 2018, 04:12:54 am »

If that is truly your projected prognosis, then I truly regret your residual spirit of pessimism.  I'm not chiding you or taking you to task for it; that's not my intent here.  You're entitled to your personal view.  However, I most sincerely hope that you are proven wrong.  I'm persuaded to view the new Hogs football regime glass as being half-full rather than half-empty.  I believe that it is entirely possible that the Hogs might surprise some folk (including some of our OWN folk) this next season.

However, if you should ultimately be proven right in this regard, I'll gladly laud your prognostication skills.  I simply hope that you will remain a staunch Hogs fan even in the aftermath of your fully-vindicated forecast.

Why should he be optimistic? What's there to be excited about? As he stated, he thought the spring game was bad, and that's all there is to go on so far.

And he will still be a Hog fan. We are a very loyal bunch as there are literally zero bandwagon Hog fans at this point. Plus rebuilds take time to complete, if they ever happen at all

TheGrove68

« Reply #90 on: April 26, 2018, 04:32:34 am »

Eastern Illinois- W
Colorado St- W
N. Texas- W
Auburn- L
Texas A&M- W
Alabama- L
Ole Miss- W
Tulsa- W
Vandy- W
LSU- W
Miss St-L
Mizzou- W

From outside looking in

E. Illini -W
Co st.- W
N.Tex-W
A&M-L
Bama-L
Ole Miss-W
Tulsa-W
Vandy-W
LSU-L
Miss st.-L
Mizzou-L

TheRazorback500

• It's better to burn out than fade away.
« Reply #91 on: April 26, 2018, 05:45:22 am »

I'll go 6. WPS

Phil D

« Reply #92 on: April 26, 2018, 05:51:21 am »

I'm thinking 6 wins, but I sure would like to see more.  ;D

GuvHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Proud Hog Supporter!!!
« Reply #93 on: April 26, 2018, 06:55:09 am »

You do realize that the 2 DT's that are very likely starters this year did not play in the Spring game don't you?? To be honest with those 2 DT's missing, I was surprised at how well the #1 and #2 defenses played in that game.

On offense, the Hogs most experienced WR didn't play either. I didn't think the WRs were slow, I actually though the defensive backfield play had really improved.

The team only had 12 practices prior to the Spring game so let's not be acting like what we saw at WMS is the finished product.

southeasthog

• Resident Inspector
« Reply #94 on: April 26, 2018, 06:59:54 am »

I see us with 7-9 wins, depending on some lucky breaks.

Eastern Illinois- W
Colorado St- W
N. Texas- W
Auburn- L
Texas A&M- W
Alabama- L
Ole Miss- W
Tulsa- W
Vandy- W
LSU- L
Miss St-W
Mizzou- W

According to HiM, this prediction makes you an idiot with no football knowledge.

Just so you know.

GuvHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Proud Hog Supporter!!!
« Reply #95 on: April 26, 2018, 07:02:23 am »

From outside looking in

E. Illini -W
Co st.- W
N.Tex-W
A&M-L
Bama-L
Ole Miss-W
Tulsa-W
Vandy-W
LSU-L
Miss st.-L
Mizzou-L

I see it like this:

Eastern Illinois - W
@ Colorado State - W
North Texas -  W
@ Auburn - L
Texas A&M - Toss Up
Alabama - L
Ole Miss - W
Tulsa - W
Vanderbilt - W
LSU - L
@ Mississippi State - Toss Up
@ Missouri - Toss Up

HeathWimp

• AKA "Frank's Slap Rendition Camp"
« Reply #96 on: April 26, 2018, 10:29:44 am »

I have us down for 4 wins, so I personally think they are a little high. 

Nutt did well with another guy's players in his first season, but Petrino and Bilema were not good in their first seasons.  I don't see a "Nutt-like" first season for Morris.

Redhogs

« Reply #97 on: April 26, 2018, 11:08:24 am »

I have us down for 4 wins, so I personally think they are a little high. 

Nutt did well with another guy's players in his first season, but Petrino and Bilema were not good in their first seasons.  I don't see a "Nutt-like" first season for Morris.
Bert was NEVER good.

EastTNHog

• Varsity
« Reply #98 on: April 26, 2018, 11:11:41 am »

Ill expect the same when I win
I want in on this bet. You win, you get 2 hams.

widespreadsooie

« Reply #99 on: April 26, 2018, 11:53:56 am »

Eastern Illinois - W
@ Colorado State - L
North Texas - W
@ Auburn - L
Texas A&M - L
Alabama - L
Ole Miss - W
Tulsa - W
Vanderbilt - W
LSU - W
@ Mississippi State - L
@ Missouri - L

Col. St. and MIZ are definitely winnable, and LSU is definitely loseable. I mean you have 4 locks for wins and upset potential in a number of games. Take care of business at home vs OM per usual, and we'll find that sixth win.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas