• 9,883,041 Posts
• 398,201 Topics
• 22,806 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Beginning the On-boarding Process for DA Civil Service  (Read 319 times)

Großer Kriegschwein

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Is it football season yet?
Beginning the On-boarding Process for DA Civil Service
« on: April 19, 2018, 12:14:20 am »

Just got my Tentative Offer from CPAC.

Filled out my Declaration for Federal Service, Drug Testing Program Enrollment, Medical History and a bunch of privacy act statements.

They've already forwarded my information to security for "background". Already in the process of a Periodic Review for my security clearance, so there shouldn't be any surprises there. A NAC/I is a NAC/I. My clearance won't lapse for another year.

What is the fastest anyone has experience onboarding?

Really looking to bail on my contracting company after the $12k pay cut that takes effect at the end of the month.

The Chief

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • I just don't understand...
Re: Beginning the On-boarding Process for DA Civil Service
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2018, 10:51:01 pm »

In aviation, DACs can now be hired immediately upon retirement. However, the need for instructor pilots is desperate do it is different.

It usually depends on the time of the hiring board and the number of slots available.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Großer Kriegschwein

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Is it football season yet?
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2018, 03:17:47 pm »

Ran in to problem #1 finally.

Admin Assistant couldn’t figure out how to request a NIPR account. Boss finally told me to go see some people that I already knew to try to figure it out. Everything but the account request was completed yesterday.

Today:

Admin assistant (30+ year civil service secretary) now angry that I got all my information updated on Milconnect, IA Gordon, etc... told me not to touch anything related to my account. That it was her job.

Classic civil service dumbass. Can’t figure it out and won’t let you figure it out either.

Pork Twain

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2018, 01:38:10 am »

I was a GG for a while after I retired and decided to go the contractor route for a period to rake in some dough and then I am going back to being a GG.  The job security is tops.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas