• 9,927,326 Posts
• 399,280 Topics
• 22,891 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Strengths and Weaknesses  (Read 1092 times)

Memhogs

• Varsity
  • What time does Arkansas play?
Strengths and Weaknesses
« on: April 16, 2018, 04:07:19 pm »

Here's what I think we have going into the 2018 season.. what about yall?

Strengths:
Runningback, Defense as a whole, Explosive Offensive Scheme

Weaknesses:
QB, O-line, WR, Special teams, Players weren't recruited to play in Morris's Offense

Side notes: I think we will be much better at playing a complete 4-quarter football game due to better conditioning, coupled with a driven coaching staff. Also, the attitude of complacency has seemed to have been lifted from the team.

LRRandy

Re: Strengths and Weaknesses
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 04:10:55 pm »

Not saying that you're wrong, but for the defense as a whole to be a strength they are going to have to come a long way from what they were last year.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

HogPharmer

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 04:15:39 pm »

Not saying that you're wrong, but for the defense as a whole to be a strength they are going to have to come a long way from what they were last year.

The defense literally could not be any worse... I think it would have been better to list it so that it will be an improvement... Perhaps not necessarily as a strength though....

razorbackfaninar

• Senior
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2018, 04:17:23 pm »

The only caveat being that for the defense to be a strength for this team they just have to be serviceable (assuming that the offense is at at place that will allow it to outscore opponents, may not be). If they are at least better than they were last year by some degree I would consider that a strength.

LRRandy

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2018, 04:31:00 pm »

The only caveat being that for the defense to be a strength for this team they just have to be serviceable (assuming that the offense is at at place that will allow it to outscore opponents, may not be). If they are at least better than they were last year by some degree I would consider that a strength.
sounds reasonable. I mean, they couldn't possibly be worse right. Chavis, in my mind, is going to make a world of difference,  for the better.

LRRandy

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2018, 04:33:27 pm »

The defense literally could not be any worse... I think it would have been better to list it so that it will be an improvement... Perhaps not necessarily as a strength though....
I didn't see your "couldn't be worse"  post until after I responded to rbfaninar. I agree about the improving but necessarily being a strength.

311Hog

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2018, 04:38:15 pm »

i dunno Def, has great new coach, talent along the DL, experienced LB's and i am really excited about our secondary.  Curl, Calloway, Santos Pulley that on paper might be the best secondary we have had in years.

i am cautiously optimistic about our defense.

HogPharmer

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2018, 04:46:31 pm »

i dunno Def, has great new coach, talent along the DL, experienced LB's and i am really excited about our secondary.  Curl, Calloway, Santos Pulley that on paper might be the best secondary we have had in years.

Same, I'm not saying the defense WILL be bad. I'm certainly hoping for something great. But I'm at the point to where I've heard the last few years how "it's going to be better this year", only to get my hopes up and be thoroughly disappointed. I'll believe it when I see it.

Memhogs

• Varsity
  • What time does Arkansas play?
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2018, 04:50:30 pm »

This is what I had in mind when I listed the defense as a strength.. Dont forget how they looked in the spring game. Shut down the offense which was supposed to be Morris's strength.

HogFoo

• All-American Hogvillian
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2018, 06:51:49 pm »

Strengths:

Weaknesses:
QB, O-line, WR, Special teams, Players weren't recruited to play in Morris's Offense

Side notes: I think we will be much better at playing a complete 4-quarter football game due to better conditioning, coupled with a driven coaching staff. Also, the attitude of complacency has seemed to have been lifted from the team.
i tend to agree.   although, i will say that i believe the OL will be much better because we have a good OL coach unlike Turd Anderson.  Theyll be in better shape/condition and will be able to play without sucking air the entire game. 

ive been saying all along ive felt that the defense would be quite a bit ahead of the offense.  especially when we can line up Agim and Gerald opposite of each other, have Pulley back, our best NFL talent,shutdown type CB, the improvement of callaway and curl, along with SEC caliber LBs in Greenlaw, Harris, along with the 2 stud true frosh LBs we'll have coming in with Pool and the other kid, his name escapes me.  And, even Morgan.  He'll be bigger faster stronger than he was as a true frosh last season, and he did pretty well.   only thing that worries me about defense is the depth.    we'll see tho..  but yes, i definitely think the defense will look night and day better... and i'm also gonna say the OL will play good enough that people will be wondering who these guys are.. haha...

Al Boarland

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2018, 08:42:44 am »

Reading this thread I believe our only weakness is that we have too many strengths.

greenEGnHAWGS

• Another day in HV Paradise...
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2018, 08:48:43 am »

Fire. That’s what I’m looking for this year. I was a BB proponent for quite a while, but what drove me crazy was the lack of fire. He was so buddy-buddy with his players that he wouldn’t yell at them. I believe this staff is playing to win and not have friends. 

I’m fully prepared to see weaknesses, but I hope a coach has the fire to get in someone’s face if they quit on the field.

RyanMallettsEgo

• Take it easy, I'm pre-law.
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2018, 10:38:53 am »

Reading this thread I believe our only weakness is that we have too many strengths.

"Why don't I tell you what my greatest weaknesses are? I work too hard. I care too much. And sometimes I can be too invested in my job. Well, my weaknesses are actually...strengths." - Michael Scott

rhames

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2018, 11:21:42 am »

"Why don't I tell you what my greatest weaknesses are? I work too hard. I care too much. And sometimes I can be too invested in my job. Well, my weaknesses are actually...strengths." - Michael Scott

Guess what, I have flaws. What are they? Oh, I don't know. I sing in the shower. Sometimes I spend too much time volunteering. Occasionally I'll hit somebody with my car. So sue me... No, don't sue me. That is the opposite of the point that I'm trying to make.

Warrior Way 22

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2018, 11:29:36 am »

Strengths:

Weaknesses:

I think the QB's are TBD. To me CK shows flashes of being special. If he wins the job then I think he will be a guy that can really stretch  the defense downfield. Also, I think a good portion of the "negative" play by our QB's is due to our receivers not getting enough separation. That will change as Morris adds more speed on campus.

Hogball58

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2018, 11:30:31 am »

I'm hoping our defense I'm much better because in the hurry up offense they will be on the field much more. 3 and out or a quick  score.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas