• 394,678 Topics
• 22,261 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Macon & Barford at Portsmouth Invt'l (April 11-14) thread ...  (Read 4107 times)

HawgsPolo

• Varsity
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
Re: Macon & Barford at Portsmouth Invt'l (April 11-14) thread ...
« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2018, 12:09:13 pm »

The same reason UK lost 11 games with two lottery picks, another projected first-rounder, and at least two other players that will most likely be drafted higher than Barford and Macon.

We played the 25th most difficult schedule in the country according to Pomeroy.  Only 5 of the teams with more difficult schedules, including 2 of the FF teams, managed less than double-digit losses. Of the next 25 behind us in SOS 21 lost at least 12 games.

Good stuff sir

HognitiveDissonance

• All-American Hogvillian
« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2018, 12:54:22 pm »

Not sure UK is a good comparison. They're playing with true freshmen.
We had a key freshman and six seniors.

Regardless, I think we had a 7-8 loss team. Take away that putrid stretch early, punctuated by the ugly loss at home to LSU, and it doesn't look too bad.
But we had a similar putrid stretch last year, punctuated by an ugly loss at home to Vanderbilt(very similar to the LSU loss at home this year)
That's probably what bugs me the most.

Both seasons were marked by a horrible stretch of basketball. Not sure why we have to dig holes every season and have to climb out of them. Both seasons start 1-3 in SEC play. To their credit, they did a good job of climbing out to some degree.
Likewise, I'll never understand why we start so many games so slow. Again, having to climb out of holes. How do you get down 21-2 ? Not prepared to play. It seems this team only plays when they absolutely have to. The only game that comes to mind right away against a quality opponent where the Hogs came out hot was Auburn at home. Great from the opening tip. Minnesota at home as well.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

PonderinHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Go Hogs and Go Mike Anderson!
« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2018, 01:12:45 pm »

Sometimes the shots fall at the start of the game, sometimes they don't.  It helps to have a Plan B (rhymes with Dan G) when they don't fall.

AlmaHog2011

• Hogvillian
« Reply #53 on: April 30, 2018, 09:24:37 pm »

I get so tired of how great Calipari the master cheater is. Give Mike two lottery picks and a couple more 5 star studs and he would show you what coaching is all about.

Most over rated coach of all time. Cal is a cheater everywhere he went..What again was his NBA record when talent is more equal? Not a great coach.

HognitiveDissonance

• All-American Hogvillian
« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2018, 10:10:53 pm »

I get so tired of how great Calipari the master cheater is. Give Mike two lottery picks and a couple more 5 star studs and he would show you what coaching is all about.

Most over rated coach of all time. Cal is a cheater everywhere he went..What again was his NBA record when talent is more equal? Not a great coach.
That's both true, and false.
True that I also think there are quite a few guys out there who can duplicate Cal's success if given similar talent.
False in that a big part of college coaching is recruiting.
Evaluating college coaches has to take into account both coaching and recruiting. (as well as some other minor things that go along with the job: fan relations, media relations, etc. But mostly it's recruiting and X's and O's)
When you consider all factors, then Cal is a great coach.

As far as cheating, I hope Kentucky gets nailed too, but until Cal and KY get hammered, then I can't truly say he's cheating.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas