• 394,713 Topics
• 22,261 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: 9 new faces for 2018.  (Read 11466 times)

razorback1829

• Senior
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
Re: 9 new faces for 2018.
« Reply #150 on: April 18, 2018, 10:53:47 am »

That's because they were not recruited to play Mike Anderson's style of basketball. The fact that only one player panned out at Arkansas had far more to do with playing a style of basketball that they weren't recruited to play rather than lack of talent. Neither you nor I have any idea whatsoever how those recruits would have performed in Pelphrey's system.

REAAAAAAAAACH

rude1

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Razorback Basketball Another New Beginning....
« Reply #151 on: April 18, 2018, 11:42:37 am »

REAAAAAAAAACH
That's not even close enough to be considered a reach. I I think we have something that everyone not named Guv can agree on.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

hawg66

• Senior
« Reply #152 on: April 18, 2018, 12:02:47 pm »

According to Guv anyone who likes Anderson is a racist though...  Itís obvious.

GuvHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Proud Hog Supporter!!!
« Reply #153 on: April 18, 2018, 12:21:01 pm »

You have to be the biggest hypocrite of all time.  You've made a living of coming on here and trashing everything CMA has accomplished, but have the audacity to come on here and try to paint a picture like Pelphrey got a bad deal and act like he was a good coach.  He had 1 NCAA appearance in 4 years (with another coaches players) and 1 winning season in conference, including the embarrassing back to back 14 win seasons. This is the same guy that said after a loss sometimes you just need to have a good bleed.  He was a laughing stock.  That's why he's sitting on the bench as an assistant now and nobody else ever gave him another head coaching job.  Even Heath was able to get another HC job because he at least showed he had somewhat of an idea of how to be a head coach.  John Pelphrey was out of his depth and we went ahead and let him have that good bleed he was looking for. 

If CMA winning percentage was even remotely close to Pelphrey's you'd be on here starting a petition to have the fans remove him from the program.  So, stop acting like this is strictly about wins and losses with you, I don't think you've fooled a single person with that narrative.  Anyone can read your post and know you just don't like CMA.  Just say so, at least then some people might actually respect you for being honest, instead of embarrassing yourself in every thread with these hypocritical posts.

Your ignorance in this post is astounding. I happen to like Mike Anderson. I believe he's a fine man and a pretty decent HC.

That has nothing to do with my belief that Pelphrey got a dirty deal. When he was fired, the program was trending up and the evidence backs that up. By the time he was fired:

(1) Pelphrey had corrected the APR problems that he inherited from Stan Heath to the point where Anderson only lost 1 scholarship instead of losing multiple scholarships

(2) Pelphrey had also corrected the roster turnover problems

(3) Pelphrey's last Razorback team received an NIT bid but Jeff Long turned it down

(4) The recruiting class headed to campus the next year was a top 10 recruiting class  and had Pelphrey been given another year, the Hogs top Senior shooting guard would have returned for his Senior year instaed of transferring to Butler.

As i said earlier, that top 10 recruiting class didn't pan out very well because they weren't recruited to play Mike Anderson's style of basketball. That's not Mike's fault. Because of the overzealousness of Jeff Long and the people that had been screaming for Anderson to be hired ever since Nolan was canned, those players were put in a bad position and it showed the next 2 years.

The lies people are telling about Pelphrey's tenure need to stop. It was John Pelphrey who inherited a true dumpster fire, not Mike Anderson. That "True Dumpster fire" is one of the main reasons Dana Altman quickly changed his mind and went back to Creighton which resulted in Pelpphrey being hired.

Neither you, nor I, nor anyone else knows how the team would have done if Pelphrey had been given a 5th year so stop pretending that you do.

GuvHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Proud Hog Supporter!!!
« Reply #154 on: April 18, 2018, 12:22:17 pm »

According to Guv anyone who likes Anderson is a racist though...  Itís obvious.

As I said earlier:

There are some who dislike Mike because of the color of his skin and that is ridiculous.

There are also some who support Mike because his skin is the right color and that is also ridiculous.

There's no need to lie. I didn't come close to saying or even inferring that everyone who likes Anderson is racist. Such a though would be seriously stupid.

hawg66

• Senior
« Reply #155 on: April 18, 2018, 12:40:42 pm »

And yet to you itís obvious which is which. You have not a clue. This is the internet and you donít really know anything about 99 % of the posters here. The vast majority of Hog fans support Anderson because heís the guy with the job. Just like the vast majority of Hog fans supported Pel when he had the job. You have no amazing secret power to look through the internet and know people.

k.c.hawg

« Reply #156 on: April 18, 2018, 12:58:15 pm »

As I said earlier:

There are some who dislike Mike because of the color of his skin and that is ridiculous.

There are also some who support Mike because his skin is the right color and that is also ridiculous.

There's no need to lie. I didn't come close to saying or even inferring that everyone who likes Anderson is racist. Such a though would be seriously stupid.

Good lord man. Just like the guy above said.....the vast majority of people support Razorback coaches while they are here. You get you facts distorted by reading hundreds of posts by 4 or 5 posters on both sides of the issue you describe. I like Mike Anderson and when the program quits showing improvement under him and another coach is hired....he's going to be my guy.

I can assure you when Mike pops out a 2-14 conference season his ass will be gone.

MakingPlays

• Varsity
« Reply #157 on: April 18, 2018, 01:07:22 pm »

As I said earlier:

So, if a person of color wants to support another person of color that's ridiculous to you?  That's the dumbest thing I ever heard in my life.  But, most of your posts are dumb, so it's not surprising.  You need to get off message boards and get out the house more because you're so far gone from from reality it's pretty sad.

I'm not sure if you are aware of this, but in the real world, people are going to tend to support and/or root  for other people that they feel they can relate to, especially in sports.  For example, I'm about 5'10 I have a tendency to root harder for PGs and smaller guys because I can relate to them more than I can a 7 footer.   You watch boxing or MMA you'll hear people in the crowd rooting for the fighter that's from their country or from their city or wherever, and that's probably the only reason they are rooting for that person because they feel they can relate to them more than the other person, so yes you are correct there's probably a lot of black people that root for Mike Anderson because he's black.  The same way someone that's Irish will root for another Irishman, or a German will root for another German, etc.  The fact that you would try to compare someone not liking Mike Anderson because of his color, to someone the same color as him rooting for him, truly shows how ignorant you are.   

MakingPlays

• Varsity
« Reply #158 on: April 18, 2018, 01:08:28 pm »

Your ignorance in this post is astounding. I happen to like Mike Anderson. I believe he's a fine man and a pretty decent HC.

That has nothing to do with my belief that Pelphrey got a dirty deal. When he was fired, the program was trending up and the evidence backs that up. By the time he was fired:

(1) Pelphrey had corrected the APR problems that he inherited from Stan Heath to the point where Anderson only lost 1 scholarship instead of losing multiple scholarships

(3) Pelphrey's last Razorback team received an NIT bid but Jeff Long turned it down

(4) The recruiting class headed to campus the next year was a top 10 recruiting class  and had Pelphrey been given another year, the Hogs top Senior shooting guard would have returned for his Senior year instaed of transferring to Butler.

As i said earlier, that top 10 recruiting class didn't pan out very well because they weren't recruited to play Mike Anderson's style of basketball. That's not Mike's fault. Because of the overzealousness of Jeff Long and the people that had been screaming for Anderson to be hired ever since Nolan was canned, those players were put in a bad position and it showed the next 2 years.

The lies people are telling about Pelphrey's tenure need to stop. It was John Pelphrey who inherited a true dumpster fire, not Mike Anderson. That "True Dumpster fire" is one of the main reasons Dana Altman quickly changed his mind and went back to Creighton which resulted in Pelpphrey being hired.

Neither you, nor I, nor anyone else knows how the team would have done if Pelphrey had been given a 5th year so stop pretending that you do.

Woulda, coulda, shoulda, he got fired and sitting as an assistant with Alabama nobody else wanted him as a head coach.  Deal with it.  Mike Anderson is the coach now. 

hawg66

• Senior
« Reply #159 on: April 18, 2018, 02:59:51 pm »

I was born white but decided to become black in the 80ís. I still look white though, because who wants to deal with all that, right?

HogBreath

« Reply #160 on: April 18, 2018, 04:38:29 pm »

3 ncaat during that time. And he didnít even try to recruit. Itís insane how well he coached up all the scrubs to 27, 26 and 23 wins. Imagine if he had of even tried to recruit.
Yeah, just kidding about the recruiting, he did recruit Bobby Portis,who was SEC player of the year,  and he got his friend Moses Kingsley, who was SEC preseason player of the year, to be a Hog, with those two on the team together for two seasons, we won one NCAA game. 

So yeah, some really great coaching.

GuvHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Proud Hog Supporter!!!
« Reply #161 on: April 18, 2018, 04:45:16 pm »

So, if a person of color wants to support another person of color that's ridiculous to you?  That's the dumbest thing I ever heard in my life.  But, most of your posts are dumb, so it's not surprising.  You need to get off message boards and get out the house more because you're so far gone from from reality it's pretty sad.

I'm not sure if you are aware of this, but in the real world, people are going to tend to support and/or root  for other people that they feel they can relate to, especially in sports.  For example, I'm about 5'10 I have a tendency to root harder for PGs and smaller guys because I can relate to them more than I can a 7 footer.   You watch boxing or MMA you'll hear people in the crowd rooting for the fighter that's from their country or from their city or wherever, and that's probably the only reason they are rooting for that person because they feel they can relate to them more than the other person, so yes you are correct there's probably a lot of black people that root for Mike Anderson because he's black.  The same way someone that's Irish will root for another Irishman, or a German will root for another German, etc.  The fact that you would try to compare someone not liking Mike Anderson because of his color, to someone the same color as him rooting for him, truly shows how ignorant you are.   

Yes, if the only reason that person is supporting Anderson is because Anderson is black, that is ridiculous and it's being racially biased.

GuvHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Proud Hog Supporter!!!
« Reply #162 on: April 18, 2018, 04:52:27 pm »

Woulda, coulda, shoulda, he got fired and sitting as an assistant with Alabama nobody else wanted him as a head coach.  Deal with it.  Mike Anderson is the coach now. 

I'm aware that Mike Anderson is the Head Hog and he's doing pretty well. He has my support as long as he is head Hog but acting like he's a perfect head coach is outrageously stupid.

Whether you're man enough to admit it or not, Pelphrey got a dirty deal. I'm sick and tire of the lies being told about Pelphrey and the claims that Anderson inherited a dumpster fire that are simply not true. It was John Pelphrey who inherited the real dumpster fire and by the time Mike took over, the damage that Stan Heath did to the program had been repaired.

HoopS

« Reply #163 on: April 18, 2018, 05:21:58 pm »

Yeah, just kidding about the recruiting, he did recruit Bobby Portis,who was SEC player of the year,  and he got his friend Moses Kingsley, who was SEC preseason player of the year, to be a Hog, with those two on the team together for two seasons, we won one NCAA game. 

So yeah, some really great coaching.
nice shifting goalpost.

Iíve always liked you.

Canít stand your schtick when it comes to Mike. Whatís a smurf to do.

MakingPlays

• Varsity
« Reply #164 on: April 18, 2018, 06:07:10 pm »

Yes, if the only reason that person is supporting Anderson is because Anderson is black, that is ridiculous and it's being racially biased.

So by your logic, anyone that's from Africa that ever rooted for Moses Kingsley because he's from the same country as them is being culturally biased.  And any woman out there that roots for another woman is being gender biased.   Being racially biased would mean you think your race is better or superior, or you're biased against someone because of their race.  Being a fan, supporter, or whatever you want to call it of someone because you have a similar background as them is not being racially biased.   SMH, someone please tell me this guy is a bot.  No real person can be this dumb.

HogBreath

« Reply #165 on: April 18, 2018, 06:14:43 pm »

nice shifting goalpost.

Iíve always liked you.

I've always felt like you had good taste in your friends.  But wondered why you failed so miserably when it came to choosing a coach.

HoopS

« Reply #166 on: April 18, 2018, 06:52:56 pm »

I've always felt like you had good taste in your friends.  But wondered why you failed so miserably when it came to choosing a coach.
when did I choose one?

I ďchoseĒ Marshall.

HogBreath

« Reply #167 on: April 18, 2018, 07:52:31 pm »

I could always tell it really raised your hackles, which kinda bothered me since I felt like you're a good guy.  Hope your faith is well rewarded.

HoopS

« Reply #168 on: April 18, 2018, 08:39:50 pm »

I could always tell it really raised your hackles, which kinda bothered me since I felt like you're a good guy.  Hope your faith is well rewarded.
disagreeing never bothers me. Itís all in the details. When someone is intentionally trying to get under another ones skin, eventually it changes things. Itís a shame. Never wanted that.

HogBreath

« Reply #169 on: April 18, 2018, 08:51:29 pm »

When someone is intentionally trying to get under another ones skin, eventually it changes things.
Glad I never did that, that'd be a smurfy thing to do.  Would certainly not treat a friend like that.

Smithian

« Reply #170 on: April 18, 2018, 09:27:57 pm »

I don't even think he should have been given a 5th year. Had they defended home court down the stretch, yes, but they didn't. That team fell apart at end. There is a reason Pelphrey is now an associate head coach and not a head coach.

porkinsons disease

« Reply #171 on: April 18, 2018, 09:30:27 pm »

So by your logic, anyone that's from Africa that ever rooted for Moses Kingsley because he's from the same country as them is being culturally biased.  And any woman out there that roots for another woman is being gender biased.   Being racially biased would mean you think your race is better or superior, or you're biased against someone because of their race.  Being a fan, supporter, or whatever you want to call it of someone because you have a similar background as them is not being racially biased.   SMH, someone please tell me this guy is a bot.  No real person can be this dumb.
He is a coach. We have not gotten past the first weekend of the tourney EVER with him. If that was your expectations when he was hired, you are lying to yourself, and everyone else. HE HAS NOT MET EXPECTATIONS!! Keep lowering the bar to keep him.

razorback1829

• Senior
« Reply #172 on: April 18, 2018, 09:48:14 pm »

He is a coach. We have not gotten past the first weekend of the tourney EVER with him. If that was your expectations when he was hired, you are lying to yourself, and everyone else. HE HAS NOT MET EXPECTATIONS!! Keep lowering the bar to keep him.

And we were barely making it to the tournament before him lol. The key is to get there first.

Randohoggie

• Varsity
« Reply #173 on: April 18, 2018, 10:39:12 pm »

You are a GD moron.

MakingPlays

• Varsity
« Reply #174 on: April 18, 2018, 10:51:50 pm »

What in the world does any of that have to do with anything I said.  I was responding to Guv's inaccurate definition of racial bias.  Maybe read what you're responding to before posting?  That way you don't look stupid.

Pork Twain

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Mike Anderson aka Houston Nutt 2.0
    • Facebook
« Reply #175 on: April 19, 2018, 02:47:39 am »

I don't think we dropped low and I'm actually ok with the current state of basketball. As long as we continue to get to the tournament. I'm speaking on every thread getting off topic and turning into a argument. I might have to stay in MMQB it's a little more optimistic there.
Are you old enough to have enjoyed the Sutton and Richardson years?  Just curious, because there is no way you could have lived through almost 3 decades of great basketball and not notice a drop-off.  Mike is better than Pel and Heath but still crap and we deserve better

HawgHeadCheese

• Senior
« Reply #176 on: April 19, 2018, 06:36:13 am »

Are you old enough to have enjoyed the Sutton and Richardson years?  Just curious, because there is no way you could have lived through almost 3 decades of great basketball and not notice a drop-off.  Mike is better than Pel and Heath but still crap and we deserve better
I witnessed the Nolan years though very young at the time. I'm a hog fan not a AD so I don't waste my time debating on who should or shouldn't be our coach I just love Razorback sports. The last few years have been exciting basketball maybe we weren't the best but we were fun to watch and we've started to make the tournament on a some what consistent basis. All I ask for is to be in the dance and anything can happen from there. As far as the coach I could care less who it is. I can say I won't call CMA crap he ain't Coach K but he ain't crap either. I'm more excited about the return of Gafford, the possibility of Garland,  and how will the new comers do. Other than that it's out of my control and won't beat a dead horse.

GuvHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Proud Hog Supporter!!!
« Reply #177 on: April 19, 2018, 08:04:07 am »

What in the world does any of that have to do with anything I said.  I was responding to Guv's inaccurate definition of racial bias.  Maybe read what you're responding to before posting?  That way you don't look stupid.

"Before trying to get a splinter out of someone else's eye, get the 2 by 4 out of your own eye"

Anyone who doesn't realize that racial bias works both ways is seriously ignorant.

PonderinHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Go Hogs and Go Mike Anderson!
« Reply #178 on: April 19, 2018, 10:51:58 am »

MakingPlays

• Varsity
« Reply #179 on: April 19, 2018, 10:57:34 am »

"Before trying to get a splinter out of someone else's eye, get the 2 by 4 out of your own eye"

Anyone who doesn't realize that racial bias works both ways is seriously ignorant.

Guv, I'm going to give you some advice, and I'm being serious.  I'm not sure your highest level of education, but doing research and providing factual information doesn't seem to be your strongest quality.  If you don't care about embarrassing yourself over and over again in every thread you post in that's your prerogative.  But, if you are going to call other people ignorant, dumb, and insult their knowledge, at least know definitions of terms that most people learned in junior high school.  Your definition of racial bias is factually incorrect, please do some basic research on it and educate yourself, you can't just make up things and say that's what they are.  The real world doesn't work like that, despite what you see on TV at times.

GuvHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Proud Hog Supporter!!!
« Reply #180 on: April 19, 2018, 11:55:58 am »

Guv, I'm going to give you some advice, and I'm being serious.  I'm not sure your highest level of education, but doing research and providing factual information doesn't seem to be your strongest quality.  If you don't care about embarrassing yourself over and over again in every thread you post in that's your prerogative.  But, if you are going to call other people ignorant, dumb, and insult their knowledge, at least know definitions of terms that most people learned in junior high school.  Your definition of racial bias is factually incorrect, please do some basic research on it and educate yourself, you can't just make up things and say that's what they are.  The real world doesn't work like that, despite what you see on TV at times.

No, my definition is factually correct. It is you who are wrong. It is perfectly okay to like Mike Anderson as a person and support him because of his merits and accomplishments as I do, but if one supports Mike Anderson ONLY because his skin is the right color, they are being racially biased.

MakingPlays

• Varsity
« Reply #181 on: April 19, 2018, 12:22:20 pm »

No, my definition is factually correct. It is you who are wrong. It is perfectly okay to like Mike Anderson as a person and support him because of his merits and accomplishments as I do, but if one supports Mike Anderson ONLY because his skin is the right color, they are being racially biased.

So, if Austin Reaves transfers to Arkansas and some white fans are happy to see 1 white kid on a team when the other 12 are black, they are being racial bias, because they are happy that someone that looks like them is on the team?

Again Guv, educate yourself, on what biased actually means.   For example, someone thinking Austin Reaves is smarter player because he's white, that's being biased.  Or someone thinking Mike Anderson is a better coach because he's black, that's being biased.  Simply liking or supporting someone because they are the same color as you is not being racial biased.  Honestly Guv, you have the dumbest logic I've ever heard in my life.  And I'm trying to be nice when I say that.

Captain Morgan

« Reply #182 on: April 19, 2018, 01:21:52 pm »

Again Guv, educate yourself

That would be the biggest challenge yet. Keep in mind he's still waving his pom poms with glee for the great glorious win over Wofford.

GuvHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Proud Hog Supporter!!!
« Reply #183 on: April 19, 2018, 06:11:13 pm »

So, if Austin Reaves transfers to Arkansas and some white fans are happy to see 1 white kid on a team when the other 12 are black, they are being racial bias, because they are happy that someone that looks like them is on the team?

Again Guv, educate yourself, on what biased actually means.   For example, someone thinking Austin Reaves is smarter player because he's white, that's being biased.  Or someone thinking Mike Anderson is a better coach because he's black, that's being biased.  Simply liking or supporting someone because they are the same color as you is not being racial biased.  Honestly Guv, you have the dumbest logic I've ever heard in my life.  And I'm trying to be nice when I say that.

My logic is quite correct and from your response, it's obvious that you misread my post that you quoted.

If Austin Reaves transfers to Arkansas, all Hog fans should be happy because he's a talented, very good player. His skin color should have nothing to do with it..

MakingPlays

• Varsity
« Reply #184 on: April 19, 2018, 06:44:06 pm »

My logic is quite correct and from your response, it's obvious that you misread my post that you quoted.

If Austin Reaves transfers to Arkansas, all Hog fans should be happy because he's a talented, very good player. His skin color should have nothing to do with it..

Guv, apparently everyone misreads your posts because I've yet to see one other person understand your logic about anything.  Anyways, I'm done arguing with you.  The Mark Twain quote that PonderinHog posted pretty much sums up how I feel after having a conversation with you.

Randohoggie

• Varsity
« Reply #185 on: April 19, 2018, 10:24:43 pm »

Supporting someone because of their race and hating them because of it are two very different things, you moron.

Pork Twain

• Gold Hogvillian
    • Facebook
« Reply #186 on: April 20, 2018, 12:03:01 am »

You guys are wasting your breath

HogBreath

« Reply #187 on: April 20, 2018, 06:29:25 am »

Guv, apparently everyone misreads your posts because I've yet to see one other person understand your logic about anything.  Anyways, I'm done arguing with you.  The Mark Twain quote that PonderinHog posted pretty much sums up how I feel after having a conversation with you.
So you're admitting that Guv has bettered you?

MakingPlays

• Varsity
« Reply #188 on: April 20, 2018, 07:27:06 am »

So you're admitting that Guv has bettered you?

LOL What?  Did you read the quote?  Or you another one of those people that make up their own meanings for things? 

I was admitting I got baited into arguing with a stupid person and it did me no good, that's what I think most people with basic reading comprehension skills took from what I said.

And if you think Guv's definition of racial bias is correct and he won that argument, then this will be my last reply to you, I'm not going to get baited into arguing with 2 idiots.

GuvHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Proud Hog Supporter!!!
« Reply #189 on: April 20, 2018, 07:44:27 am »

Supporting someone because of their race and hating them because of it are two very different things, you moron.

You want them to be 2 different things but they are not.

GuvHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Proud Hog Supporter!!!
« Reply #190 on: April 20, 2018, 07:45:40 am »

LOL What?  Did you read the quote?  Or you another one of those people that make up their own meanings for things? 

I was admitting I got baited into arguing with a stupid person and it did me no good, that's what I think most people with basic reading comprehension skills took from what I said.

And if you think Guv's definition of racial bias is correct and he won that argument, then this will be my last reply to you, I'm not going to get baited into arguing with 2 idiots.

What's wrong with the quote in my reply??  It's a biblical reference.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 11:38:04 am by GuvHog »

Pork Twain

• Gold Hogvillian
    • Facebook
« Reply #191 on: April 20, 2018, 09:34:39 am »

Accepting mediocrity is a disease.

k.c.hawg

« Reply #192 on: April 20, 2018, 10:05:10 am »

Accepting mediocrity is a disease.

Said the fat dude with bad teeth, drooling in his beer, that actually thinks he's going to get a date with the smoking hot chic down the bar. Sometimes it's better to accept that you might be better off with the girl with the nice bod and the nose that is, a little bit big.....you might actually get laid.

Until we "know" we have someone locked up that is better, I will roll with the nice bod with the big nose. We tried the hot young coach that just took an overachieving team to the Elite 8 and got burned to the point it took years to clean up. Then after our top 5 or 6 selections spit in our face we took the overachieving player from Kentucky that just hadn't had his opportunity with a big boy and found out he was what he appeared to be (subpar) and we were no longer a big boy. There is zero doubt that our program would attract better candidates than it did the last two times it was open because what CMA has done while he is here. That in itself indicates this is not mediocrity.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 10:18:10 am by k.c.hawg »

Hog_Swanson

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • WWWWD?
« Reply #193 on: April 20, 2018, 10:17:04 am »

Said the fat dude with bad teeth, drooling in his beer, that actually thinks he's going to get a date with the smoking hot chic down the bar. Sometimes it's better to accept that you might be better off with the girl with the nice bod and the nose that is, a little bit big.....you might actually get laid.

Until we "know we" have someone locked up that is better, I will roll with the nice bod with the big nose. We tried the hot young coach that just took an overachieving team to the Elite 8 and got burned to the point it took years to clean up. Then after our top 5 or 6 selections spit in our face we took the overachieving player from Kentucky that just hadn't had his opportunity with a big boy and found out he was what he appeared to be (subpar) and we were no longer a big boy. There is zero doubt that our program would attract better candidates than it did the last two times it was open because what CMA has done while he is here. That in itself indicates this is not mediocrity.
Thank you.  Couldn't have said it better.

Randohoggie

• Varsity
« Reply #194 on: April 20, 2018, 06:53:17 pm »

You want them to be 2 different things but they are not.

I think I'll just have to settle with my original reply to you - you are a GD moron.

Pork Twain

• Gold Hogvillian
    • Facebook
« Reply #195 on: April 20, 2018, 10:19:06 pm »

Until we "know" we have someone locked up that is better, I will roll with the nice bod with the big nose. We tried the hot young coach that just took an overachieving team to the Elite 8 and got burned to the point it took years to clean up. Then after our top 5 or 6 selections spit in our face we took the overachieving player from Kentucky that just hadn't had his opportunity with a big boy and found out he was what he appeared to be (subpar) and we were no longer a big boy. There is zero doubt that our program would attract better candidates than it did the last two times it was open because what CMA has done while he is here. That in itself indicates this is not mediocrity.
That's called projection, says the guy your wife wishes you were.

Hard to not do better than what we have since Nolan.  I am happy so many are willing to accept the crap we have today.

ShadowHawg

• All-American Hogvillian
« Reply #196 on: April 20, 2018, 11:18:49 pm »

That's called projection, says the guy your wife wishes you were.

Hard to not do better than what we have since Nolan.  I am happy so many are willing to accept the crap we have today.

Oh yes. We are at the pinnacle of what MA can do here, so say the same people who have projected us missing the tournament the last two seasons as we headed into February.

I am glad we have such reasonable and knowledgeable fans such as yourself to keep those with some hope for gain in check.

GuvHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Proud Hog Supporter!!!
« Reply #197 on: April 21, 2018, 06:57:48 am »

I think I'll just have to settle with my original reply to you - you are a GD moron.

The pot calling the kettle black.^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

HogBreath

« Reply #198 on: April 21, 2018, 07:00:00 am »

Call Guv the bus driver, cause he took you to school, you silly little thing.  lol

He gave you a good and proper spanking.

MakingPlays

• Varsity
« Reply #199 on: April 21, 2018, 09:02:28 am »

Call Guv the bus driver, cause he took you to school, you silly little thing.  lol

He gave you a good and proper spanking.

I can assure you whatever school bus Guv was on I wasn't there.  The school I attended actually showed us how to look up basic terms and definitions.  Also, I'm not sure what your infatuation with Guv is, but if you two want to discuss what-if John Pelphrey scenarios, made up definitions, school buses, and spankings, please start a PM between the two of you. The rest of us are on here to discuss Razorback basketball and events that have ACTUALLY happened. 

« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 09:20:18 am by MakingPlays »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas