• 9,924,387 Posts
• 399,198 Topics
• 22,881 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Your best autographed gear  (Read 3632 times)

NoogaHog

• Senior
  • WPS from Southern Appalachia
Re: Your best autographed gear
« Reply #100 on: April 07, 2018, 11:00:21 am »

I have shared getting this autograph on here before, but I have a program from the Red-White game in Little Rock from maybe 1980? signed by Jerry Eckwood. My dad and my uncle took me to the game, one of only a couple of Razorback events my dad and me were able to go to together. As we were walking around the concourse, Jerry was standing off to the side wearing an orange TB Bucs jacket. He was more than happy to sign my dad's program.

The Kig

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Hogville Heroes
« Reply #101 on: April 07, 2018, 11:30:12 am »

Not football related, but after the '94 basketbll championship I bought a 6 pack of commemorative Coke and Corliss signed it.   

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

BUELT1

« Reply #102 on: April 07, 2018, 11:45:16 am »

Frank Broyles signed mini helmet.

RaisinHog

• Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #103 on: April 07, 2018, 11:54:06 am »

Stubby Clap autographed bat. Matt Morris rookie card and 1962 national league all-star team baseball

HogPharmer

« Reply #104 on: April 07, 2018, 12:20:17 pm »

I would rather have the baseballs than have the proceeds. Glad you felt strongly enough about it to comment. I like that.

That's akin to holding onto a million dollar scratch off because you like the cool glittery graphics on it....

SamBuckhart

• STAY TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL MY FRIENDS. ARKANSAS
« Reply #105 on: April 07, 2018, 02:08:48 pm »

Whitey Ford auto cards-two. Joe Pepitone. Tom Tresh. Yogi Berra.. Mel Stottlemeyre.Allie Reynolds.Elston Howard. many more YANKEES. Been collecting since 1961. Travelers, Terry Kennedy, Tommy Herr, and Leon Durham. Was in Phoenix on business and saw Bulls vs Suns. Got an auto photo of BIG O. Was in airport in Miami and met Ray Nitchke of the Packers in luggage check. Not a fan but a great admirer. Was stunned that I did not ask for auto. 1992. Most expensive would be an old Razorback print signed pre 1987. Professionally framed and matted.

Pigs_In_Zen

• Senior
  • There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity.
« Reply #106 on: April 07, 2018, 03:07:03 pm »

Uncut sheet of 1994 Razorback Basketball player trading cards signed by all players and coaches.

BOAR_N2BWILD

« Reply #107 on: April 07, 2018, 04:20:53 pm »

Arkansas related - Frank Broyles, Ken Hatfield, Nolan Richardson, Houston Nutt, Bobby Petrino, Bret Bielema, and Chad Morris stuff.

Not Arkansas related - George Strait autographed cowboy hat and guitar

HoginMemphis

« Reply #108 on: April 07, 2018, 04:31:54 pm »

That's akin to holding onto a million dollar scratch off because you like the cool glittery graphics on it....
Your analogy is something that comes from an uneducated mind.

Anybody

« Reply #109 on: April 07, 2018, 06:43:14 pm »

I have an NFL Dallas Cowboys Head Coach Jimmy Johnson football card signed across his chest by Owner Jerry Jones.  I know that this is the only one that exists in the world because I asked Jerry about it at a Razorback/Texas A&M function a few years back at AT&T Stadium, and he confirmed it.  I've always wondered how much it may be worth to some Cowboys history collector.

GO HOGS ! 

ALLVOL

« Reply #110 on: April 07, 2018, 07:55:08 pm »

A helmet signed by Peyton Manning.

Augustus

• Hogs fan, and I don't do bandwagon.
« Reply #111 on: April 07, 2018, 11:47:08 pm »

1.  An autographed Hogs cap, signed by Corliss Williamson
2.  A team picture of the 2014-15 Hogs Basketball Team & Hogs cap, signed by every member of the 2014-15 Basketball team & Coach Mike A  (in 2014, they came to Vilonia to play a scrimmage game in our High School, as a benefit for tornado relief from our recent storm)

And, maybe the best one (or worst depending on perspective)...
3.  A piece of mini-notepad paper, signed by John Daly... it was shortly after he won the PGA Championship in 1991, and was living in Memphis.  He lived down the street from my Aunt & we were up there for a family reunion.

My cousin & I were 14 years old, walked down the street to his house around 2 in the afternoon, and rang the doorbell without hesitation.  It was after we rang the doorbell, that we could hear John Daly & his wife were in the living room (or a room near their front door)... um... "having fun".

He answered the door in a bathrobe, she was behind him covered up by a throw blanket.  I remember thinking "we should say 'sorry' & just leave"... but instead we said "Hey we're from Arkansas, up here for a family reunion, & we'd really like to ask for your autograph"

He just laughed, asked what city we were from & who our family was... and gave us his autograph.

spe450

« Reply #112 on: April 10, 2018, 07:57:58 am »

My favorite is a large commemorative ticket from Baum Stadium opening day, signed by as much of the team as I could get, including Norm.

sizzlecake

« Reply #113 on: April 10, 2018, 08:10:31 am »

I’ve got Gene Stallings autograph on an Auburn hat.

TuCanSam

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #114 on: April 10, 2018, 10:54:56 am »

Arkansas wise, Darren Mcfadden signed NFL ball at the draft

HogPharmer

« Reply #115 on: April 10, 2018, 10:58:12 am »

Your analogy is something that comes from an uneducated mind.

Lol okay

RyanMallettsEgo

• Take it easy, I'm pre-law.
« Reply #116 on: April 10, 2018, 10:59:29 am »

Lol okay

You should probably listen to him. He has valuable balls.

Dropkick

« Reply #117 on: April 10, 2018, 10:59:56 am »

I have a Titleist golf ball given to me by their area rep at the time Jerry West ( The Logo) was involved with the Grizzlies. Instead of 1,2,3 or 4 it is number 44. It has his signature printed on it from the factory and also his signature in blue ink. Only autograph I have.

LZH

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Tight but Loose
« Reply #118 on: April 10, 2018, 11:01:11 am »

I had a former Razorback write me a hot check once, does that count?

HogPharmer

« Reply #119 on: April 10, 2018, 11:04:01 am »

You mean 'valueballs'?

wooo

• In memory of Mr Uekman
« Reply #120 on: April 10, 2018, 10:11:35 pm »

Helmet - frank broyles
Basketball Lee Mayberry
Basketball US Reed
Note -ozzy Smith

HoginMemphis

« Reply #121 on: April 11, 2018, 12:12:38 am »

They are worth more than your life is.

dalefromspringdale

« Reply #122 on: April 11, 2018, 09:03:30 am »

DMAC jersey

razrbakr1

• Band Nerd
« Reply #123 on: April 11, 2018, 09:53:54 am »

My favorite autograph is an endorsed check from the Yankees to Hugo Bezdek.  I have it framed along with his picture, a pic of the 1908 team I think it was and the story of how the "Razorbacks" name came to be.  The second item is a Razorback player card set that came out back in the early 90's.  I have 83 of the 99 cards signed.  I think the only non-deceased player I have not been able to get is actually Keith Wilson believe it or not.  I also have signed cards, index cards or signatures cut from something of every starting quarterback back to and including Lamar McHan except James Monroe, Pete Burks, Mike Kirkland and Casey Dick and ending with Brandon Allen.  I did most of this when I was younger.

hogbud

« Reply #124 on: April 11, 2018, 11:13:41 am »

Basketball signed by Nolan and Sidney
Jack Nicklaus and Payne Stewart
My brother has Joe Namath signed football I think is cool

RyanMallettsEgo

• Take it easy, I'm pre-law.
« Reply #125 on: April 11, 2018, 11:25:53 am »

They are worth more than your life is.

And yet you're still holding onto them? Gonna be funny when you pass those things down and the first order of business of the heir is to sell them.

TPM

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #126 on: April 11, 2018, 11:59:18 am »

Chicago Bulls ticket signed by Michael Jordan.  Bat signed by Wade Boggs after getting his 3000th hit.  Baseball signed by Randy Johnson.  Football signed by the Houston Oilers.

GTOWNHOG

« Reply #127 on: April 11, 2018, 01:00:37 pm »

Another thread recently talked about hog hats and who had one autographed.  It got me to thinking about the items I have collected through the years with autographs from players  from various teams.

My top 3
1. Football autographed by a good portion of the Dmac team
2. Lee Mayberry poster (New Sheriff in town)
3. Cardinals hat autographed by the entire pitching squad (obtained at spring training in Jupiter FL)

What about you?

1. An official Razorback game helmet autographed by Darren McFadden.
2. A complete football game program from the 1969 Arkansas vs. Texas "Big Shootout" autographed by Coach Frank Broyles AND Coach Darrell Royal.  (I have the FEDEX packaging from the University of Texas Athletic Department that Coach Royal sent the program back to me in).   It's a LONG story about how this came to pass....

PowderedToastMan

« Reply #128 on: April 11, 2018, 02:44:15 pm »

My family would always go to the SWC tournament in Dallas. I had a Razorback hat that I would run around to get signed. I got Todd Day, Oliver Miller, Isaiah Morris, Ron Huery, and Jim Robken. I am sure there are one or two more, but thats what I can remember right now.

I also have a baseball signed by Ozzie Smith.

sowmonella

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • You know I'm right.
« Reply #129 on: April 11, 2018, 02:57:42 pm »

football signed by 1995 West Div Champion team and Danny Ford. A baseball with 2 Lou Brock autographs. Elvis autograph and pic of his football team from mid 60's. My father in law was a buddy.

HogInTigerLand

« Reply #130 on: April 11, 2018, 03:01:51 pm »

I have a picture of Frank Broyles and myself at the Masters with him in his green jacket in front of the clubhouse.  My uncle sent the picture to the athletic department after the tournament and asked if  Frank would sign it and he did.  Classy man.

High On Swine

• Walk-On
« Reply #131 on: April 11, 2018, 04:12:09 pm »

Have not posted in years and could not remember password so had to register as new again.

Where to start on this.
- '94 starting lineup all signed "Unforgettables" - same one you see at Bud Walton for auction
- Sid SI cover
- '07 media guide signed by DMAC - at the time it got dropped off at ATH dept, I thought it was coming back signed by Felix, Monk, Hillis and DMAC - slight bummer and maybe one day it will be.
- Felix Jones signed 8" by 11"
- Matt Jones signed 8" x 11" of him in pocket at Auburn '02 - Fred Talley is still running if you ask Aubie fans about that game.
- Haven't seen it and probably won't ever again, but the '88 red white game in LR - Atwater, Grovey, Foster, name the player and they signed. Only one I did not have when I was about to leave was Grovey. Walking to find a can in the concourse, 3 deep group of seekers had him surrounded saying all kinds of things to try and get graph - can't remember exactly what I said, but it was funny and he reached over everyone to sign. I did not stand in the group 20 seconds and continued on to conclude the business I set out for when heading to the concourse.
- Same year or abouts, not Hog, but at St. Jude's classic on proam day - Payne Stewart, Johnny Bench, President Ford - Haven't seen that one since the red white one either. No telling who all else signed it cause it was stacked with graphs when I left Memphis that day. Mark O'Meara's sorry butt wouldn't give a kid a golf ball cause "I'm almost out." Bob Tway walked right in front of him and handed 2 kids 2 balls.
Probably my fav though, and it is not overly great looking, is an 8" x 11" from probably '92. Cardboard type material with the slobbering running razorback we all love signed by, Day, Mayberry, just "O" with a #25, Huery (maybe '91 then?), Rosie (Roosevelt Wallace and talk about a guy that looked mean and ready to roll), Arlyn, Warren Lynn, Clyde Fletcher, Biley, Nolan, Mike Nail, Janet Moore and Delmonica Dehorney. Seems like there may be a couple of others, thinking Hawkins, that not recalling. The reason it is my favorite is because of the way Day signed. If you know anything about Todd/Lee relationship, Todd always trying to best him in some way. Day signed 6" above Lee, but made his "Y" scoop down through and loop back through Lee's graph - just hilarious IMO.

HogHomer

« Reply #132 on: April 11, 2018, 06:26:33 pm »

A signed football from Don Shula.

Hardcore Hoggy

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
« Reply #133 on: May 11, 2018, 11:06:03 am »

Story Daniels on a condom. :)

Liar, Stormy Daniels has never been anywhere near a condom.

Grag T

« Reply #134 on: May 11, 2018, 11:25:43 am »

A signed t-shirt by 8-time Mr. Olympia Lee Haney (1984-1991 champ)

There you go.   8) 8) 8) 8)

FraggleHog

• My name is on Senior Walk
« Reply #135 on: May 11, 2018, 11:49:37 am »

1. National Championship Sports Illustrated Cover of Corliss Williamson "HOG WILD" signed by Big Nasty
2. Boxing Gloves signed by Jermaine Taylor. Although not nearly as valuable now, at the time he was the Undisputed Middleweight Champion after defeating Bernard Hopkins.
3. Although not mine personally, my in-laws have a personally addressed signed Mickey Mantle Baseball that he sent to them as a wedding gift. Long story short, father in law did some PR work for Mantle and developed a friendship. He is a huge reason why my in-laws ended up together. Really crazy/cool story, but too long to post.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas