• 395,575 Topics
• 22,319 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: We got screwed. No way around it.  (Read 6057 times)

Mellon Collie

Re: We got screwed. No way around it.
« Reply #150 on: March 12, 2018, 07:20:07 am »

purdue is def. overseeded at a 2.

butler is an underseeded 10, made it too semi's of a tough big east tourney.

work is cut out for a sweet 16, but def. possible.

GoHogzzGo

« Reply #151 on: March 12, 2018, 07:51:39 am »

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2018-march-madness-predictions/

538 picks Butler as winner with 60% chance to do so.
I think that is way high, from a probability standpoint. I would put it closer to 52%.

If we can mostly shut down their star and have a decent offensive showing I think we win.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

NinoHogUNIA

• Bench Warmer
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #152 on: March 12, 2018, 09:30:08 am »

They would be a tough draw of course, but I don't think being in Dallas would be much of a factor, Hog fans would show out here just as well as Red Raiders I think. Much better than the crowd they'll have in Detroit, dangit, hah

Go Hogs!

TT record isn't much better than ours and I see some Stan Heath in Chris Beard but hog fans thinks he's the next coach K.

bphi11ips

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I need help with my footwork, too.
« Reply #153 on: March 12, 2018, 10:04:18 am »

I like our bracket and I like our path.. don't really like the locations..

The SEC overall has a beef about locations when compared to other conferences.  Everyone is traveling long distances.  Missouri is best in Nashville as an 8 seed.  Tennessee goes to Dallas as a 3 with first round in Nashville. Texas Tech goes to Dallas as a 3.  Michigan State is a 3 in Detroit.  Auburn goes to San Diego as a 4 after winning regular season SEC.  Kentucky is 5 with virtually same record as UNC and a win in SEC tournament. UNC is 2 in Charlotte.  Kentucky gets shipped to Boise.

It's almost like the NCAA is out to prove a point that the SEC ain't all that.  Okay, we'll give you 8, but we'll seed you low and ship you far away. 

311Hog

« Reply #154 on: March 12, 2018, 10:09:55 am »

The SEC overall has a beef about locations when compared to other conferences.  Everyone is traveling long distances.  Missouri is best in Nashville as an 8 seed.  Tennessee goes to Dallas as a 3 with first round in Nashville. Texas Tech goes to Dallas as a 3.  Michigan State is a 3 in Detroit.  Auburn goes to San Diego as a 4 after winning regular season SEC.  Kentucky is 5 with virtually same record as UNC and a win in SEC tournament. UNC is 2 in Charlotte.  Kentucky gets shipped to Boise.

It's almost like the NCAA is out to prove a point that the SEC ain't all that.  Okay, we'll give you 8, but we'll seed you low and ship you far away. 

i got the same impression.  More elitism from the ACC.  and pay back for being so good in football lol
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas